[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the GOAT? Eddy Merckx was better than Armstrong, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: eddy-cheat_2376508b.jpg (29KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
eddy-cheat_2376508b.jpg
29KB, 620x388px
Who is the GOAT? Eddy Merckx was better than Armstrong, right? Please don't discuss doping ITT
>>
Merckx won eleven Grand Tours in seven years (1968-1974). Lance won seven Grand Tours in seven years (1999-2005).

Merckx won three World Championships, while Lance only did it once.

Merckx won nineteen Monuments, Lance didn't win any.

Merckx had to face the likes of Gimondi, OcaƱa, Fuente, De Vlaeminck... Lance's opposition was a Pantani who had already dived into his personal hell and an overweight German.
>>
>>76334583
Asking us not to discuss doping in a cycling thread is like asking us not to discuss child abuse when talking about the catholic church. The two are intrinsically tied, you can't get away from that.
>>
>>76334583
>Merckx and Lance
>Don't discuss doping
kek
>>
Redpill: Lance is only pushed as elite by marketers who wanted to make cycling a bigger sport in the US and thought that by adding a US star the sport would gain more traction (same thing is currently happening in soccer with Pulisic)
>>
>>76336584
He won the TdF more than anybody else though and he did it in dominating fashion
>>
> not including pic related in a GOAT cycling debate.
>>
I have a genuine question. Why are French-Belgian names so funky?
>>
>>76334583

Not even a debate, man. Merckx's list of achievements is unparalleled.

Put Merckx at 1, Hinault at 2, and then Coppi, Anquetil and Indurain at your favorite order.

Lance is not even a top 20.
>>
Lance was only an average cyclist who used the most advanced drug-taking programme of all time (and bullying and shaming of people who told the truth) in order to perform a pantomime of lies.

I bet he would have been found out earlier if it hadn't been for the whole cancer shit. People were too desperate to believe his story. How pathetic.

Merckx doped on occasions, sure, but there's no evidence to suggest that he ran the sort of professional, organised doping ring that Lance did. And he didn't destroy the lives and careers of people who told the truth against him.

Merckx is certainly one of the best; statistically the best. Lance will always be an average nobody.
>>
even if you count every victory of lance merckx is still far ahead. you forget that there are other races than the tour. lance isnt even second or third.
>>
>>76336903

t. Tyrone " T-Dawg" Jenkins
>>
>>76339601
t. Mohamed al-Mohamed Mehdi el-Azzaroui
>>
>>76336799
Rigged, Americans suck ass at sport
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.