[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Durrant GOAT Status

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3310.jpg (90KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3310.jpg
90KB, 1200x675px
I'm an avid sports fan that recently has developed an interest in Basketball and I don't know how people are so quick to dismiss Durant in GOAT discussions on this board.

Now idk if you all are watching a different NBA than I, but last night's G1 against the cavs is a perfect example of why Durant is definitely in the conversation of GOAT. The fact that he had 5 dunks on the defending champions speaks volumes to his superior abilities. But the manner in which he gets these dunks is the true mark of his GOAT status. I have never, NEVER, in ANY sport, seen someone who has such a natural ability to score... The way he effortless glides to the rim... the Cavs looked stunned by him. They literally could not do anything to stop him. They did literally, absolutely NOTHING to stop him! It was amazing to watch! Truly a Historical finals dunking performance.

He was like Moses parting the sea last night - he completely disregarded and overpowered the Cavs defense, out maneuvering and out playing his defenders to power his way to the cup - completing 5 hard earned dunks!

Also, how many dunks did LeBron have? How many dunks did Curry have? How many drives to the basket from either of them resulted in the spectacular finishing SLAMS that Durrant displayed?

I don't know if this game definitively puts Durrant above LeBron, but if he can get at least 6 dunks in the same fashion next game he is objectively better than LeBron (at least at scoring, maybe not a defense) and nipping at Jordan's heels!
>>
>>76284631
weak b8
Durant got to the basket unimpeded largely b/c the Cavs tried to stick to Curry and Thompson on the 3 point line.
>>
>>76285147
>weak b8

man not everything sarcastic has to be bait or a troll.

can't you people just recognize a good shitpost when you see one?
>>
>>76284631
Durant >> LeCuck at least
>>
>>76285360
But he ain't got no ring. He's a choker, always was and will be.
>>
>>76285390
They're giving him his ring after they play 3 more exhibition matches for charity
>>
File: IMG_3309.jpg (158KB, 620x756px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3309.jpg
158KB, 620x756px
>>76285147
Did you even see the same game as me? Cav s were Confused af by his double threat - they were scared of DURANT HITTING THE THREE and so he took advantage and drove in dominated inside.

How many dunks did LeBron get again btw? How many dunks did Curry get?
>>
File: 566c7fa204976.jpg (33KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
566c7fa204976.jpg
33KB, 620x348px
>>76284631
>le free ring man
the biggest asterisk of all time, he'd be jealous of hakeem's asterisks for christ sake

gtfo. it's bird and lebron
>>
File: IMG_3251.jpg (86KB, 1058x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3251.jpg
86KB, 1058x704px
>>76285355
R A R E
A
T
I
O
N
A
L

>>76285147
>>76285494

Okay, In all seriousness here's what happened:

Durant, Curry, Green and Klay all have the ability to shoot the 3 well. They are also all above average scorers in the paint.

Cavs put all their eggs in one basket and decided to focus in on the three ball instead of trying to address both threats with a balanced defensive strategy. Consistent points in the paint and powerful fast breaks/dunks instilled confidence in the Dubs and they started draining contested threes in addition to taking the gimmes in the paint.
>>
File: IMG_7180.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7180.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>76284631
>>76285147
I unironically think Durrant is better than LeChoke.

My reason for this is that LBJ has a history of shying from the big moment instead of embracing it. When you're team is literally built around you and you're considered the GOAT in the game, you kinda need to step up in certain clutch situations or step down from "GOAT Status". If the foundation of the team cracks under pressure, the entire team is fucked.

Durant also beat LeCuck at his own super team game and now irony has taken el BJ's chance at future rings.

I also unironically love the current state of the nba.
>>
>>76288944
lebron is better overall but lacks a "clutch gene"
too much of a diva. scared to take the last shot. hardly tries to take over a game

this is why kobr/jordan will always be better
>>
>>76288944
What exactly has Durant done in the post season to say that he's anything but a choker himself? And at least LeBron has a team built around him instead of playing second fiddle to Curry in a desperate attempt to get a free ring,
>>
File: IMG_3049.jpg (273KB, 746x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3049.jpg
273KB, 746x737px
>>76291311
>What exactly has Durant done in the post season to say that he's anything but a choker himself?
Well, he hasn't choked yet in the post season. I don't know if you heard, but his team is on a historic 13-0 post season run and Durant is playing fantastically. Most recently Durant's accomplishments include shutting down LeChoke on D who went 1/4 in the 4th and had 8 TOs. He also dominated in the paint the entire game. Oh yea, and he didn't choke.

>at least LeBron has a team built around him
I'm not seeing why one is better than the other.

instead of playing second fiddle to Curry in a desperate attempt to get a free ring,
KD and Curry are killing it, their team is poised for a dynasty. One of the reasons why KD works out so well with GS is bc they're not petty individuals and they all work well as a team. Also, if KD continues to play like he did in G1, he'll be MVP, not Curry - Either way, they will most likely be euphoric from smashing the post season rather than being salty about who's hogging the spotlight.

If el BJ continues to choke, and history shows us he has been a chronic choker, he will fall further and further down the list of GOATS. and say KD gets a few more rings than LeChoke in a few years time, everyone will be comparing Durant > LeChoke, not Jordan>LeChoke
>>
>>76291555
>I'm not seeing why one is better than the other.
Because one of them is confident enough to be THE MAN and carry the team on his back, whereas the other is fine being a extra piece on a team that could legitimately win a ship without him. It's pretty obvious which one of these is the choice of a GOAT.
>>
>>76291191

>lebron is better overall but
>lacks a "clutch gene"
> scared to take the last shot.
>hardly tries to take over a game

This is actually why i truly believe Durant is better overall though. The "clutch moments" are what defines great players. The "clutch" separates the legends from the lebrons. LBJ can stat pad in garbage time all he wants, he can power thru defense like a train using his superior strength and he can hit the 3 ball above .5 pretty regularly, but all that means jack shit when you're team winds up losing it all because your """GOAT""" can't get it up for the big moment.

ill take Durant, as a more consistent clutch time player, over LeChoke who looks better on paper but is a fucking liability in the moments which actually decide history.
>>
Goat scorer maybe
>>
>>76291801
What the fuck am I reading? How can you possibly justify saying Durant is more """clutch""" than Lebron when Lebron has carried his team to a championship THREE (3) whereas Durant has done the same for his team ZERO (0!) times. Is that not the definition of clutch? To win the big game in the playoffs? Seriously, Durant's only chance on winning in the playoffs is to play for a team that literally doesn't even need him. You people are delusional.
>>
File: IMG_3047.jpg (172KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3047.jpg
172KB, 768x960px
>>76291610
>Because one of them is confident enough to be THE MAN and carry the team on his back
He falls short where it really counts tho. He's THE MAN who can't stop choking. He rarely appears confident on or off the court in big moments - another characteristic of a GOAT he lacks.

>whereas the other is fine being a extra piece on a team that could legitimately win a ship without him.
I know it must come as a shock to you to learn this but great players land on great teams pretty frequently actually. This doesn't change the fact that Durant is playing extremely well on the warriors. Hell, KD is playing extremely well against LeChoke ISOball, and you're ""MAN"" is already looking defeated.

>It's pretty obvious which one of these is the choice of a GOAT.
Yes, Durant is well on his way for consideration of that title. LeChoke is rapidly giving us reasons to remove him from consideration.
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>76291869
>What the fuck am I reading?
The truth. The initial pain fade and you will soon be strong enough to rebuild yourself.

>How can you possibly justify saying Durant is more """clutch""" than Lebron when Lebron has carried his team to a championship THREE (3)
I dont buy into the narrative that all credit for those wins go to LeBum and all blame for losses go to his """talentless""" team. The "lack of support" meme is so overplayed by the media to try and justify his public chokings. Im not going to try to break down all 3 chips but I'll say "carried" is the wrong word to use.

And, AGAIN, his finals record emphasizes my point that he's great at getting there, but fails more often than not at closing the deal. if he were truly a GOAT he wouldn't be going 3-5 in the finals.

>Is that not the definition of clutch? To win the big game in the playoffs?
With his godly physical abilities and solid supporting cast, he should be winning the big games more frequently. His record does not compare well to say Jordan or KObes. Neither does Durant's tho I'll give you that one. He's got a long way to go.

>Seriously, Durant's only chance on winning in the playoffs is to play for a team that literally doesn't even need him.
KD and the Thunder were up 3-1 in the conference finals last year but Westbrook and Durant blew it. They took a page outa LeChoke's book for that year. But this proves KD was already in chip territory but he didn't jive well with that team and so he moved up. el BJ did the exact same thing with his first trip to south beach, or you forgot!?
>>
>>76291818
excuse me little nigga
>>
>>76293210
Kd might overtake him and effiency wise there's never been anyone better than kd
>>
>>76293210
>le meme hook muslim man

Dropped
>>
>>76293227
MJ and LeBron you fucking retard.
>>
>>76293227
efficiency aint shit. even if you don't rate kareem, jordan is above kd. y'all niggas overrating and bandwagoning cats this hard after one game, like chill fr

>>76293231
idiot
>>
>>76293227
Steve Nash, the king of 50/40/90.

And MJ has a higher career PPG, PER.
>>
>>76293250
>1 game
He's a 4 time scoring champ
>>
>>76293265
so fucking what? you seriously think he will overtake kareem? are you dumb?
>>
>>76293265
So? AI got more, Wilt got more, MJ got more.

Only players to actually win a championship and scoring title at the same time was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1971), Michael Jordan (1991-93 and 1996-98), and Shaquille O’Neal (2000).

Putting up empty stats like KD and AI on a shit team don't mean shit.
>>
File: tip.jpg (24KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
24KB, 333x333px
>I rate Koward Durrcan't
>>
>>76293243
>MJ
Yes
>LeBron
No
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.