[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : we kindly pick a new sport for the Phillipines. Basketball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 12

ITT : we kindly pick a new sport for the Phillipines.

Basketball is currently their favourite sport. But the average height for men in the Philippines is 5'4".

So please post which sport they should focus on.

I say boxing. They can be a new Mexico and produce many meme weight fighters (they already had 1 great).

Btw this isn't a thread for you to be rude to the Phillipines. Keep that shit on int.
>>
Maybe baseball. You have Japan nearby, you can learn from them.
>>
>>76262166
Competitive Balut Eating

t.dirty flip
>>
the war on drugs is the national sport of the flips since duterte took over
>>
>>76262187
That's actually a good point.

I was thinking maybe soccer also? They are small and fast.
>>
Do you even understand what "average" entails? You only need twelve tall guys (which you can of course nitpick) at any given time to arm a proper basketball team.
>>
>>76262269
That's not how it works, dude.

You need more taller people so they can grow up playing against each other Nd have competition so they can get better.
>>
monst annoying shitheds in FIBA facebook and twitter pages talking about how their heart can overpass the height loss and win their enemies who are top 10 in the ranking. just fck those annoying trashes they sck in basketball they need to accept it
>>
We just need to fuck more niggers, so we could cross breed ans create the ultimate bball players.
>>
>>76262266
unless you are southamerican or european you'll always be shit at football, sorry, and even if you are the best you can get is one or two good generations
>>
>>76262266
do any asian counties actually care about sawker?
>>
>>76262483
None of that, please.
>>
>>76262266
'Soccer' requires at least 3x players to either be 6ft+ with incredible athleticism or 6'4 so wouldn't work
>>
>>76262483

would be better than fat Australians on the run from Interpol
>>
>>76262628
Ya you're right actually. Can't have short dudes defending and keeping the net.

So I'm saying they forget basketball and just make boxing gyms all over the country. Put pacs face over all of them and get kids off the streets and boxing.

>>76262483
Do black girls like Filipino men?
>>
>>76262266
Out of all the countries in Southeast Asia, the Philippines are actually top of the FIFA rankings. Them and Thailand usually switch back and forth for #1 in the region. It's surprising, you'd think Indonesia and Malaysia would be much higher up.
>>
Just lower the net to 8 feet in the Philippines
>>
File: Sepak Takraw.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sepak Takraw.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Sepak Takraw
>>
File: Kabaddi.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kabaddi.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
Kabaddi
>>
>>76263526
nah, we're shit
>>
Football
Baseball
Weightlifting
>>
>>76262656
If Hue's can have a manlet keeper so why not?
>>
just curious why is basketball the most popular sport in flip land?
>>
I dont get how Basketball became their favorite sport when they dont have the physicality for it, why didnt they choose football instead
>>
>>76262656
i lost my virginity to a black hooker so i guess
>>
>>76270779
Why is it the most popular sport along all the former USSR states bordering burgerstan's enemy Russia?

WW2 and the Cold War kid
>>
>>76262628
not true

t.manlet country
>>
>>76270779
Ginebra San Miguel.

The story of the Ultimate underdog team.

Came back from a 3-1 lead against a juggernaut.

Kobe's visits also does this.
>>
>>76270843
How is Gary Medel seen there?
>>
>muh height

This isn't the 90s anymore

A 5'11-6'1 memechucker with great handles and fundamentals can play in the NBA

Our national team has like 3 5'9 players and the rest (excluding the token negro) are the same height as NBA guards and small forwards
>>
File: 5638972441_2e4335b34f_b.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5638972441_2e4335b34f_b.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>who kabarangay here here
>>
>>76270870
i don't know anyone that doesn't like him
he is the kind of player that always gives his all and people love that and also he is pretty good for us
>>
>>76270822
Also unlike soccer you don't need a huge space to play it. It's easy to play in the streets. The kids playing basketball in the streets of my subdivision in the Philippines are really no different than the ones playing it in the street in the trailer park I live in now. I'm sure if they had the resources necessary to play something else they probably would.
>>
>>76270780
>when they don't have the physicality for it
Yes because we're playing against seven foot dudes all the time.

>>76270822
Apehoop here goes pre-WW2.
>>
>>76270934
>Apehoop here goes pre-WW2.
Who would you even know that played that old? Got sauce?
>>
>>76270924
Tbh you dont need a huge space to play soccer either. Growing up in South America, we used to play on your average sized street with two rocks as nets in a really small space
>>
>>76270961
it was introduced to us, the same time the revolution was going on.(1898),

but like I said, Robert Jaworski's era had a hand in why Basketball is so popular here

>Toyota vs Crispa
>Ginebra
>>
File: hiashi.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
hiashi.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
Women's Volleyball is actually pretty popular here. probably the second most popular sport after basketball(football faded into irrelevancy). unfortunately, the players are far too short for international competition. on average the tallest player is only 5'11".

boxing as a sport isn't really that popular. it's just Manny that was memed. life doesn't stop when Donaire, Nietes or Prince Albert take to the ring.

anyway, since our women are marrying and starting families with Whites or Blacks, height will eventually stop being obstacle for us in both basketball and volleyball. and combined with our /puso/, we will one day dominate the sport.
>>
>>76270961
Basketball Association of the Philippines in the 30s

It was contracted in the 70s with the incarnation of the PBA

NCAA (the same one as Amerifat college hoops) started in UPD in the 20s
>>
>>76270990
Yeah but that's pretty shit compared to street basketball.
>>
>>76271009
Divegrass/soccer was always a bandwagon sport here

God forbid when channels here starting airing Superbowl
>>
The Philippines should try soccer. It works at any size. Japan and Korea are pretty good at it and even South Americans aren't as big as Yurop. It seems like soccer has the lowest barrier of entry seeing how diverse it is.
>>
>>76271030
Thats true, but when you dont know any better, it doesnt really matter.
>>
>>76270998
Who introduced it? Name names, show documents. Nah, nevermind kapatid, I'll take your word for it.

>>76271019
>NCAA (the same one as Amerifat college hoops) started in UPD in the 20s
Now we're talking. Thanks mate
>>
File: kabaddi.png (402KB, 701x558px) Image search: [Google]
kabaddi.png
402KB, 701x558px
>>76262166
Kabaddi
>>
>tfw the Philippines National Football Team has more """""""filipinos"""""""" than filipinos
>>
>>76271009
So you're saying I should have my future children learn to play here then send them to their mother's homeland to dominate?
>>
>>76262166
Hunting muslims
>>
>>76262166
Real question for Filipino's; why is there so many bandwagon Warriors fans? I couldn't help but notice this when scrolling through Twitter.
>>
>>76262166
>I say boxing
That time has already passed
>>
>>76271034
We have better presence in rugby. I'd rather get rugbybowl broadcasts than wrestling or pigskinbowl
>>
>>76271039
not working. People just don't want to relate to the Azkals because they're filthy half-breeds. Only people who give a shit were the females who just like the bishounen-looking fil-foreigners.
>>
>>76271068
Monkey local Flips think soccer is a gay """sport"""

The best way is to get """""""""Filipinos"""""""""" to root for since our media here easily falls for """""""""Filipinos"""""""""" doing well for themselves overseas
>>
>>76271102
I have a filipino friend who tells me that your media loves to leech off """""""filipinos""""""""" as part of their pinoy pride, i mean fucking why dude, hes embarrased about it
>>
>>76271102
it's only the girls who watch the Azkals, everyone else watches Ginebra games whenever it's sunday.
>>
>7000+ islands
>no swimming gold medal

Really makes you think.

We can even do gymnastics and weightlifting.
>>
>>76271078
San Francisco and Cali in general has the highest flip population, Curry's wife is half flip making his daughter quarter flip. Inflate that with the usual bandwagon crowd any ethnicity has plus the Philippines having the highest internet usage in south east asia.

If Knicks were powerhouses you'd see casuals bandwagoning them too
>>
File: Shit.jpg (226KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.jpg
226KB, 600x366px
>>76271138
When the water looks like this? I wouldn't be inclined to swim.
>>
>>76271133
When you have nothing to be proud off you start leeching off from someone identifiable.

To be fair, some of those """""""filipinos""""""""" are actual overseas Filipino workers like maids and shieet.

I cringe whenever a Fil-Am, Fil-Leaf or Fil-Euro gets plastered on TV for doing something mundane.
>>
>>76271034
I think TV5 has aired the Superbowl two times in a row, but idk if anyone watched it since it's on the same time as... IIIIIIIT'S SHOWTIME! pa pa pa pa pa pa pa
>>76271076
yes... please.
>>
>>76262166
>Btw this isn't a thread for you to be rude to the Phillipines.

If I wanted to be rude to flips I'd go to Tim Hortons or a nursing home
>>
>>76271180
overseas workers are fine and actually inspiring but those we wuz flips with 1/8 flip blood are just hilarious, when did this propaganda campaign started
>>
>>76271170
Flips bandwagoned the CHeat years back because the coach is some half-breed or some shit.

They still bandwagon the Lelkers because of Jordan Clarkson, another quarter-breed or some shit.
>>
>>76263686
this looks like the most intense game of tag ever
>>
>>76271171
We have cleaner waters in the south surrounded by small islands, only shit we can be proud of here.
>>
>>76271170
yeah, it's a shame that most laker fans here ....
[spoiler]actually turned into cavs fans[/spoiler]

>only place where you'll see one person being a Kobe, Jordan and Lebron fan at the same time.
>>
>>76271133
Must suck living in a mongrel city where malays, chinks, poos and sandnegroes dilute any sense of country. You could stand up for Lin or Yao doing well but no one in your city would cheer for Chingaport, it's always Hong Kong or Beijing cockblocking you.
>>
i actually remember theres a Full blooded Flip playing for Barca's academy, I wonder how fast the Philippines will turn to Barca bandwagoners once he starts playing for the first team
>>
>>76271186
My fiancee actually did watch it this year, which really surprises me because she's a huge fan of Showtime. Usually when NBA games are on we're chatting about them.

I lived there for four years and those TV shows started to drive me crazy. I finally broke down and got good Internet so I could stream hockey and the US version of Cartoon Network. After enjoying some proper American television while eating lots of oreos and drinking tons of mountain dew every morning I was a much happier person.
>>
>>76271260
he'll need to be insanely good. Because part of the reason why flips don't like soccer is the scoring pace of the game.
>>
File: really.jpg (16KB, 292x209px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
16KB, 292x209px
>Pinoys in soccer threads
>Pinoys discussing /nfl/ and /mlb/
>>
>>76271280
tru
>>
I reckon the half-Aussie sons of prostitutes could field a pretty good Cricket XI
What are the pitches like in the Phillipines?
>>
>>76271253
Calm down my dude the guy has a point. As soon as any foreign celebrity is revealed to be part flip, media goes ape shit.
>>
>>76271286
they're literally hipsters.
>>
>>76271298
like apl.de.ap
>>
>>76271298
i remember reading something about dave batista being part flip and filipinos claiming him as their own despite him not making a big deal about his heritage
>>
>>76271330
it used to be like this
>go to American Idol
>claim to be half-flip
>go back home
>instant celebrity
>>
>>76270998
If it wasn't for the Americans changing The Philippines P.E. curriculum, we would still have football as a national sport.
>>
>>76271298
You think I haven't seen this tired old /int/ gimmick? I post on /flip/ where we do this to each other. It's just lame seeing the same old shitty memes with no originality ad nauseam. As if any other country and media doesn't do the same thing. Akron celebrates James as a native, what is your point?

Everyone fucking does it.
>>
>>76271298
kek remember when that Singaporean swimmer who won gold in the olympics had a flip nan when he was a young boy? that got a lot of local media coverage.
>>
>>76271330
He was actually born in AC though and always goes there. So many people I met had stories about encountering him.
>>
>>76271358
No one does it as much as pinoys tho
>>
>>76271369
This. Foreign occupation did a number on us.
>>
>>76271298
O chingchong bakit biglang naging bouncer ka para dun sa intsikaporean? Instik ka rin no? Masyado mataas tax ni Duterte kaya andito ka kay anonymous nagdadabog. Luto ka nga ng canton
>>
>>76271363
funny story is that he was all over the news in here but no one gave a shit about him after a day lol
>>
>>76271363
Yeah what was that all about?

It was embarrassing.
>>
>>76271367
He actually visited my Uni once. He has a recording studio named after him there.
>>
>>76271369
Post your survey results then proxyfag.
>>
>>76271363
I want to forget.
>>
off topic question for flips

why do all of your department stores have dozens of employees? I went to an sm department store in cebu and their were literally 8 employees for just the mens underwear section
>>
>>76271413
so is he a flip or a """"flip"""""?
>>
>>76271400
/pinoypride/
>>
>>76271431
are you an intsik or an ''''instik'''''
>>
>>76271397
Kasi tama siya bobo. Manood ka nga ng news.
>>
>>76271429
So they can follow you around and be like sir mam sir can I help you. They are all paid like 100 pesos per day at best and the quality of the service reflects that but the chinks in charge want to impress you with the sheer quantity of the labor.
>>
>>76271441
/worldwide/
>>
>>76271429
Service. We like to get to things fast. I hate SM employees for how robotic they are but they do have their purpose.
>>
>>76271459
Kaya ka nabobo dahil basurang showbiz balita ang sinasaksak mo sa ulo mo tanga
>>
>>76271431
He is a full blooded flip. He is also proud of his region.
>>
>>76271477
Ang showbiz na balita ay balita parin :^)
>>
>>76271486
respect
>>
>>76271498
Shut up Boy Abunda! Day of the Rope for Gays when?
>>
>>76271508
Who?
>>
>>76271523
If you don't know him, you are one of the good guys.
>>
>>76271535
isnt that the bald cunt
>>
>>76271498
Ulol. Prituhin mo utak mong talangka. Mga palaka lang ang naapektuhan kung anong kababawan ang ginagawa ng mga kababayan nila, imbes na paasensuhin ang sarili at bayan.
>>
So.... who's actually watching that Ginebra game later?
>>
>>76271544
Yep. Cunt he is. Gay Cunt to be exact.
>>
ABL standings, what's the count
>>
>>76271545
>imbis na paasensuhin ang sarili at bayan
>browses 4chan
>>
>>76262166
>average height for men in the Philippines is 5'4".
>>
>>76271574
>anonymous
>everyone is degenerate meme
showbiz bakla na redditor pa
>>
Golf

Jason Day is a pinoy from Australia

Asian concentration plus island savage strength/athleticism
>>
Are there cute filipina grills over there? There are some here
>>
>>76262166
why not football? go lionel messi on that shit
>>
Basketbol is here to stay
>>
>Tfw Thompson leads Fajardo in avarage rebounds per game
we have a under 6' player who rebounds the ball like a god.
>>
>>76271594
Well you do you, but whatever you say doesn't change the fact that our media goes crazy over anything filipino related. I didn't say it was bad or anything, just that they overreact a lot.
>>
>>76271628
Anong gagawin mo tungkol sa isyu mo? Iyak na lang sa internet at chumupa ng intsikporean para lalong bumaho ang impression ng mga dayuhan sa bandila? Samantalang kung pumunta ka sa ibang bansa at panoorin ang media nila, pareho rin lang ang gawain dahil parte ng journalismo ang ganun klaseng kwento. Magisip ka nga
>>
>>76271681
When did I say this was an issue? But you are right, media everywhere goes crazy when their own countrymen achieves something, not a surprise.
>>
>>76271719
Ikaw ang nakamonitor ng kung sino-sinong random ang magmamayari ng kung ano-anong accomplishment, ni hindi ko nga alam kalahati ng mga talking points mo bago mo dinala dito. Dito sa /sp/ basketball lang ang alam ko. Mukhang matagal ng nakatira sa utak mo ang isyung ito, pruprublemahin mo pa rin yan kapag hindi na kaya ng balun-balunan mong i-contain ang tae mo. Obsession ata tawag jan di ba. Tapos back off ka ngayon. Isip pa more tsuvalu.

Asan na ang ibang nakabandila ditong hindi marunong magfilipino, bakit biglang i-isa na lang kausap ko? Tulungan niyo huy. Si intsikaporean biglang naglaho pero may alam kuno sa pagkafilipino. Mga bobong roleplayers.
>>
>>76262166
It's proved that Small height people can be Messi, Aguero, Silva, Alexis Sanches
>>
>>76271429
They're minders

It also deters thieves
>>
>>76271854
Bruh ang sabi ko lang kung merong part filipino na celebrity, magwawala ating media. Tama naman diba?
>>
>>76271854
>mga bobong roleplayers
literally lmao at this language
>>
>>76271967
Puta, di ka na nasanay sa pamilya pa lang. Mapromote ako, rinig na sa mga kapitbahay ng mga kamaganak sa kabilang dako ng mundo.
>>
>>76271624
Scotty? yeah, that guy is a machine. I watched him in college and he's a triple double waiting to happen.
>>
>>76271977
Napalitaw nanaman ang isang bobong roleplayer. Hulaan kung anong salita ang nagtrigger sa kanya
>>
File: boracay.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
boracay.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
is tourism a sport?
>>
File: 1492272571059.png (163KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1492272571059.png
163KB, 303x566px
titi pasok pepe
>>
>>76272181
hehe
>>
For me, it's the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters
>>
Is /asianstreetmeat/ an sport?

They get the gold
>>
>>76262551
A lot of them but they suck.
>>
How good is Kobe Paras? 1.3 pts in NCAA doesn't sound very promising. Could he become the face of the Filipino NT?
>>
cricket
>>
>>76262166
Try playing manlet NFL. We have fat people to be the O-line, DT, LB. Thin people will be the receivers, TE, QBs. Have Paquiao be the coach.
>>
>>76262166
powerlifting, weightlifting
>>
>>76272624
Overrated scrub
>>
>>76272624
Nobody who knows basketball seriously rates him, he's a sports celeb at this point and is close to calling it quits to transition into a pure celeb.
>>
>>76272624
He gets by since his Dad was famous.
>>
>>76272794
>dad was a monster on the boards in his prime
fixd. gotta give some credit
>>
what generals do flips on /sp/ generally go to? just curious

i only come here for /heem/ and sometimes /box/
>>
>>76272805
/pol/
>>
Tangaaa. Ano bayan, you guys need to stop with this meme. You literally need to play football like south America it's retarded that we are trying to be fake yanks at everything how many Filipinos in the. Nba. Or even any big Europe basketball leagues?.. Ok..
>>
>>76272831
Ikaw itong nagiisip tungkol sa mga ligang puti samantalang chill lang lahat sa pagdodomina ng mga liga mula sea hanggang tsina hanggang iran at turkey
>>
Sorry google translating kiddies who wouldn't make it out alive in any of our kanto covered courts, filipino basketball is here to stay
>>
>>76262166
association football would be perfect for them, it's the only sport where you can be competitive without 1. being rich and 2. having midgets as population
>>
>>76262166
MMA
Baseball
>>
>>76262166
Anything but football is retarded t b h
>>
>>76272804
He's a 6'6 guy dominating against 5'4 manlets
>>
>>76273533
What, you could google his height after cluing on his name but you couldn't google the opposing forwards he faced, most of whom were imports because you have no idea what you're talking about? Get on my level dumb shit
>>
philippines independence was a mistake
>>
flongflongbingbong aripfengfeng
>>
Imagine being a cumskin in asia and having to take orders from a chink. Or would taking orders from a bumbay be more demeaning?
>>
>>76273688
Play football
>>
>>76273924
Get paid in yuan. Win-win. Win for the chink owner who gets a performing team, and win again when the team spends that yuan within the chink economy.
>>
>>76273979
Ok but play football.
>>
>>76274007
Nah, we fine where we at. I'd rather play rugby as a backup sport.
>>
I have inside information that duterte has created 12 pinoy versions of Yao ming. Just wait 20 years for Philippines domination
>>
Dota
>>
I'm 5'11 and I want my kids to be taller, it sucks trying to find a tall and attractive chick here in flipland.
>>
>>76275209
Move to America and find a cute 5'10 white girl then
>>
>>76275299
too bad I dont find white girls very attractive, I only like chinese-filipinos like me.
life is suffering.
>>
>>76275399
maybe move to nippon and find a 6'1 volleyball qt
>>
>>76275459
Ohhhh I want a Jap volleyball gf too!
>>
>>76275567
gustafsson pls, let the manlets take one for a change
>>
>>76262166
Wwe
>>
>>76272805
get a lot of them in /cric/ mate
>>
monst annoying shitheds in FIBA facebook and twitter pages talking about how their heart can overpass the height loss and win their enemies who are top 10 in the ranking. just fck those annoying trashes they sck in basketball they need to accept it
>>
>>76262166
Badminton and table tennis
>>
what do flips think about duterte?

is he insane or the hero that the philippines deserve and need?
>>
>>76279189
Flip media is owned by the opposition. Nothing ABS-CBN says will be supportive of Duterte.

He's a bit overdramatic when it comes to things though.
>>
>>76279302
at least he put you in the global spotlight

I had no fucking clue who your previous presidents were and pretty much never thought about your country
but now due to him mass killing drug dealers and fighting ISIS, he's become a global meme
>>
File: 2344234cds.png (124KB, 224x314px)
2344234cds.png
124KB, 224x314px
>>76262642
holy fucking shit
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.