[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many Argentines play in Serie A?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1470.jpg (68KB, 699x485px)
IMG_1470.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
Why do so many Argentines play in Serie A?
>>
Argentina is Italy's bastard son
90% of argentinian footballers have italian ancestry
>>
Black players like to play in a black league
>>
>>76251759
I love you dad
>>
>>76251766
t. white man
>>
>>76251759
then why they no speak italiano
>>
>>76251777
Many of the Italian immigrants that came with the Spanish to the americas forgot how to speak it.

History, Kowalski.
>>
>>76251766
atta boy

>>76251777
they do after like 3 months in the country
it's in them, they just have never been taught it
>>
>>76251821
>Implying I couldn't do the same
>>
>>76251821
It's the same with portuguese so i don't think it's because italian heritage
>>
Spanish and Italian are vurry similar.

t. linguist
>>
>>76251789
>this flag
>this post

italian is an artificial language created by intellectuals that only spread among the population in the 20th century.
Most italian immigrants to argentina spoke their local "dialect"
>>
>>76252595
>Italian intellectuals
>>
>>76252595
>Most italian immigrants to argentina spoke their local "dialect"
Castillan
>>
>>76251777

When they got in Argentina there were people talking spanish and just adapted
>>
>>76252595
what the fuck are you talking about Dante wrote in perfectly understandable Italian
>>
>>76252646
1- it is still a far cry from Manzoni's Italian
2- nobody at that time actually spoke that language.
>>
File: apellidos argentinos.png (64KB, 658x535px) Image search: [Google]
apellidos argentinos.png
64KB, 658x535px
Argenitinian women got OLED so the Italians there forgot their language
>>
>>76252663
>nobody at that time actually spoke that language
Tuscan=Italian.Stop memeing Pietro.Either way most of Italy is just Spanish clay
>>
>>76252646
dante was one of those intellectuals who was trying to craft a common language for the whole peninsula. And his workis the basis for the current italian language which is why it's perfectly understandable.
>>
>>76252688
I'm pretty sure farmers in Lombardy and Sicily had no idea of how people in tuscany spoke.
Tuscanian became Italian somewhere around the 19th century, and the first generation that spoke italian more than their local dialect was probably the post-WWII one.
>>
>>76252678
Lopez is a top 5 most common surname in the USA and they don't have that many spics

Muhammad is the most common name in England and they don't have that many muslims

They just happen to have all the same name, while Italians have a bigger variety of surnames. There are more people in Argentina with Italian ancestors than with Spanish ancestors, but most the Spanish ones are called Fernández, López, González, etc

Besides some common Italian surnames like Bianchi, if you see someone with the same Italian surname as you it's probably a close relative and 3 or 4 generations ago they come from the same small town
>>
>>76252688
He's right, no one spoke Italian until a century ago, same with French

Even during WW1 most French people couldn't write in French, people outside of Paris spoke only regional dialects
>>
>>76252714
>Lopez is a top 5 most common surname in the USA and they don't have that many spics
>Muhammad is the most common name in England and they don't have that many muslims

They wish
>>
>>76252646

He's right. A common italian existed but every part of the country spoke different dialects based on other languages influences. Southern dialects have many spanish influences ie. After the italian unification they had to decide a frank language to use in the whole state and they decided for tuscan because lieterature masterpieces were written in it. Common usage of the language, on the other hand, became spreading after WW2 with advent of the television.
Also, FYI, redpilled linguists know that the italian language was built by Petrarca and not Dante
>>
>>76252710
Tuscan was understandable by most Italians.It was a pseudo lingua franca in Italy at the time and it was usually reffered as Italian in diplomacy
>>
File: 1495405659951.png (1MB, 582x847px) Image search: [Google]
1495405659951.png
1MB, 582x847px
>Italian /mu/ in another thread
>Italian /hist/ in this one
>both giving better answers than their respective boards

Pretty cool
>>
>>76252714
>Lopez is a top 5 most common surname in the USA and they don't have that many spics
The US is 20% spic.Pretty reasonable that Lopez is a top 5 surname
>Muhammad is the most common name in England and they don't have that many muslims
Names=/= surnames
>They just happen to have all the same name
>this delusion
Kek.Italian women just banged the first criollo they saw to survive as they were poor as shit, while Italian men became poor villeros that just eated mud cookies
>>
>>76252789
>Italian women just banged the first criollo they saw to survive as they were poor as shit, while Italian men became poor villeros that just eated mud cookies
Not really, that's not how emigration works

At first one men came, they made some money and they after 5 or 10 years told their families to come

I've never heard of someone with a grandmother that came to Argentina alone from Italy
>>
>>76252762
diplomacy=/=what poor uneducated people (i.e.: 95% of the population until the 1900s at least) actually talked like.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.