[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed? How the fuck people can watch that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1495291981059.png (216KB, 1021x883px) Image search: [Google]
1495291981059.png
216KB, 1021x883px
Why is this allowed? How the fuck people can watch that?
>>
Because it isnt a poverty sport
>>
>>76217320
these dudes are trying to take each others heads off every play, if they played for longer than 11 minutes no one would be healthy. even the way it is now, running backs only last 2 years on average before their knees give out
>>
>>76217320
Not really defending it but that action is usually intense, explosive, and about 50 times more valuable/important per second of play time than your football.
>>
>>76217320
>How the fuck people can watch that?
Brain damage
>>
>oh boy the footbawl game is starting!
>Welcome to the Sprite™ Arena for this Mustards vs Bullets clash!
>Hi, I'm Chuck Stevens alongside DeAndre LaBarnes and welcome to the ESPN™ pre-game discussion brought to you by Burger King™ - eat it your way - and T-Mobile™ - keeping you in touch
>So DeAndre what do you think about the Mustards this year?
>See here whiteboi, I tink the Mussards finna...
>ok that's all the time we have, let's go to Becky Coalburner for the on-field report
>Hi Chuck, so I was in the Bullets dressing room earlier, and let me tell ya - I'll have a hard time walking in the next few days. Anyways, I spoke to the Bullets coach and he told me "we want to score a lot and keep them from scoring"
>thanks Becky, now it's time for a short 15 minute commercial break and we'll be ready for kickoff
>Nice Mustards kickoff, got a good distance on that and it looks like a timeout called for the Bullets
>boy, that was an early one. The Bullets coach better be careful, he only has 9 more timeouts this quarter
>ok time for the Samsung™ Instant Replay™ on that kickoff
>and we'll be back after another commercial break
>>
Oh look, another shitty /int/ thread on the first page of /sp/ begging for the attention of big strong Americans.
>>
>>76217459
And despite all that
>Actually go to game
>$125 ticket for an average seat
>$25 parking half a mile from stadium that will charge you more if you don't leave an hour after the game ends
>$8 watered down piss swill beer
>>
you have to understand that we only have about 16 decent states with decent people.
shitholes like texas, florida, louisiana, georgia, tennessee, mississippi alabama, kentucky and the like have literally nothing else going for them. muh football is the only escape from their shitholes and the only sport they're literally
>tfw too intelligent to enjoy
this is why you don't really see people from relevant cities giving a fuck about american football.
literally no one in L.A. even cared that they were getting a football team.

t.has family in L.A.
>>
It's more time to drink Coors Light™ with my buddies at TGI Fridays™ where I can try the new Jalapeno Poppers™ and BBQ'N Burger™.
>>
>>76217330
Would you watch it, if action was a bit less intensive but longer?
>>
>>76217513
>this is why you don't really see people from relevant cities giving a fuck about american football

Lad, you can b8 better than this...
>>
>>76217358
what kind of value / importance does it have?
I Understand that you have a preferred sport to watch, but saying it is more valuable / important than other sports is dumb. You know it if you think rationally, try.

You do understand that the tv and sport companies are trying to keep you behind the screen for as long as possible. Making money with commercials, they do not care about the sport, only the contents of your wallet.
>>
File: 1493490491435.jpg (1MB, 750x9000px) Image search: [Google]
1493490491435.jpg
1MB, 750x9000px
>>76217320
Reminder more people watch Eurovision than the Super Bowl
>>
>>76217325
Malawi.
>>
File: 1451717905855.jpg (52KB, 377x566px) Image search: [Google]
1451717905855.jpg
52KB, 377x566px
>>76217459
>>
>>76217602
>a competition whose participating countries have a higher cumulative population has more viewers

Woah......
>>
>>76217320

>not watching it on NFL rewind that edits everything between the snaps so most games are 20-40min
>>
>>76217563
>You do understand that the tv and sport companies are trying to keep you behind the screen for as long as possible.
Yeah no shit that's why I said I wasn't defending it. It's basic logic though that at any given time in soccer nothing of real note is going on while it's in play and that isn't the case in football.
>>
>>76217628
>basic logic..

This is the opinion from a person who doesn't like soccer. And probably does not understand the many many things that are going on during the 90 minutes of playtime.

I understand everything you say and see where it comes from, but you are wrong.
>>
>>76217523
it already is, if it continues it will eventually die

football is violent, it's the only reason why its popular

i would still watch but a lot of people would stop for sure
>>
>>76217459
VERY good post
>>
File: asdasdasd.jpg (131KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.jpg
131KB, 800x658px
>>76217459
KEK'd
>>
>>76217687
Nah soccers okay. I don't hate but I've never played it competitively or anything. I'm merely saying there's this assumption that the 90 minutes of soccer time equals the 11 minutes of football time because it's all action. How much of that 90 minutes is dead time where the goalie is holds it for 30 seconds before he bombs a goalie kick fruitlessly across the field or the defenders passing it back in forth in their own zone for 30 seconds? There's no 30 seconds of the "action" in the NFL where that happens.
>>
It's pretty funny, I actually quite like the idea behind the sport but every time I go to watch it it just seems so horrifically american in a really bad way and turns me right off.
>>
>>76217459
Kek.
>>
>>76217952
>never played it competitively or anything

Clearly

There is no dead time in football. Everyone is constantly moving either marking each other or finding space, players average like 7 miles of stop start sprints every game. If you saw a top team in person you'd see how quickly the ball moves around and the focus needed, just the slightest mistouch can be disastrous
>>
>>76217964
This.
I can only stomach one game per year
>>
>>76217952
The effective real play time in football is about 55 minutes average. Can go from 45 minutes if a team is a "destroyer", to 65 minutes if both teams play with skill.
>>
>>76217964
Anything in America that is nationally adored is usually pure ass because there's no amiacable way to appeal to such a wildly diverse amount of people. Everything about America that is any good is usually localized and regional.
>>
>>76217509
>>76217459
isn't that because it's not about the sport at all but just an excuse to have something to do and watch for entertainment?
Classical music was the same, and this is why if you listen to a full classical piece you will notice a lot of boring musical segments. Those were to give people the time to go take a piss, have lunch, play around with their friends and so on.
If americans lived more concentrated in cities and if american cities were for cars only NFL would probably be less popular.
>>
>>76218025
The only problem with this, is that there is almost never a good time to STOP watching to get food/beer or take a piss other than halftime but thats a long way from kickoff
>>
>>76217320
This isn't true, it's more like 30 minutes of action. Still bad, but not as bad as it seems.
>>
I'd still rather watch the NFL than Manchester United.

>>76218717
>Anything in America that is nationally adored is usually pure ass

Except cheeseburgers
>>
>>76218809
So would Man United fans. I mean the team is carried by a meme swede, an English potato, a French Muslim, a Spaniard who doesn't know if he wants a transfer, a black English bust, some more blacks, another Spaniard that the manager transfered when he was a manager at a successful club, and a bunch of literal who's, all the while being sponsored by a bailed out American car company, and being owned by another American who is responsible for the shit results.
>>
I'm just here to shill rugby, please watch our sport. The Olympic sevens rugby games are on youtube. It's possible to follow those games for a beginner, and it not being just a big mess of confusion.
>>
Rugby is the superior sport lads 99% of football is just passing it backwards and sideways with the occasional semen slerping
>>
I'm 28 and haven't watched a football game since I was 22

The joy was not watching the game, it was hanging out with bros drinking beer and eating food talking about random stuff with a football game going on in the background

No one but fat niggers and redneck white trash actually cares about the sport. I see it not making it another 50 years.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.