[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /sp/ prefer international or club football?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: eye-featurebox-football.jpg (33KB, 672x250px) Image search: [Google]
eye-featurebox-football.jpg
33KB, 672x250px
Does /sp/ prefer international or club football?
>>
I wonder how much shitty is international football compared to club football level
>>
Club is alright.
But nothing compares to the feeling when watching the literal avatar of your country play
>>
club football: better quality overall

international football is for plebs
>>
>>76215166
You got fucked by Polan in 2002 xddf
>>
Club football. Not euro bullshit tho, it's boring.

But NT football is great to watch with friends and family.
>>
I can't bring myself to give half a fuck about inernational football outside the world cup. Definitely club for me.
>>
>>76215059
Club football is more technical, played at higher level, but nothing beats the tribalism of international football and your country a shit
>>
>>76215186
>better quality football

let me guess you bandwagon real or barcelona.

National team is better
>>
>>76215216
Wait, you consider club football superior but you think European football is boring? The fuck?

Please tell me you don't actually think our domestic or continental competitions are good. They're not. The Libertadores is embarrassing.
>>
>>76215248
no, Everton fan, you need to be blind or an idiot not to admit that club football is much entertaining and played at a higher quality
>>
>Implying there is anything better than watching every game of the world cup with your bros after that arduous four year wait

I know we get dicked every WC but I think us English have gotten used to it now
>>
In terms of quality, it's obviously club football.

But there's something about international football, it's special, it's more prestigious.

For me its club over country but there's nothing as iconic as the World Cup as far as professional sport goes.
>>
>>76215327
Not to be a prick or anything but I thought the English didn't use 'gotten'.
>>
>>76215339
It's pretty despicable of me desu. That's probably a symptom of browsing this site every day for nearly a decade
>>
File: 1423748449461.jpg (24KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1423748449461.jpg
24KB, 400x462px
Liking Club football more than international because >m-muh higher level is the ultimate form of plastic bandwagonery. There's nothing that should take precedent over your country
>>
>>76215285
UCL got a bit better this year, not having Bayern and Barcelona on the semis. But Real Madrid will won the thing again.

Boring.
>>
>>76215339
it's another example of america's butchered english spreading around the world

loads of brits have started using z in place of s now, even though they're taught otherwise at school
>>
>>76215401
I'd really rather have somewhat predictable end results but thrilling matches than our 'league parity' that comes as a result of utterly sluggish football.
>>
>>76215426
>it's another example of america's butchered english spreading around the world

Have you noticed an influx of English people in real life and online using words like "super", "trash" and "garbage" recently? I know I have and it's fucking me off
>>
>>76215426
>loads of brits have started using z in place of s now
Wow, that's a bit sad. Always thought that British English looked better when written. It'd be a shame to see it Americanised.
>>
>>76215449
that's the price of having your language used by other nations, it will only get worse.
if you only knew what the hues did to our language
>>
>>76215535
Honestly, we've fucked your language to such an extent I'm surprised they're still technically considered the same.
>>
there's always a shitload of hype for international matches with usually little payoff. It is very strange. Teams just seem so afraid to attack in the big tournaments.
>>
>>76215426
I dont like people using z. Even here that is just slang
>>
File: james bondriguez.jpg (113KB, 891x513px) Image search: [Google]
james bondriguez.jpg
113KB, 891x513px
The last World Cup was worth it just for this headline to be quite honest
>>
>>76215788
w-wut
>>
club football over boring ass friendlies

but international football tournaments are untouchable.
>>
>>76215059
International football is more emotional and has more sentiment, but club football has the better quality and level of play. The former is plagued by casuals, and the latter by bandwagoners.

O a personal level, I'd rather watch my team winning a Libertadores than my country winning a WC.
>>
>>76215788
fuck me they were struggling for a story there
>>
>>76215872
Let's be honest here, if your country had even a slight chance of ever winning a World Cup, that wouldn't be the case.
>>
>>76215892
Some people say the same thing here, disillusioned by watching England batter non-countries in qualifiers and get embarrassed at the tournaments for decades. Everybody hates international breaks where proper football is interrupted for a fortnight.
>>
Club football during non-WC years.
>>
>>76215984
I really wish international had its on season. like maybe from late spring to early fall.

its annoying to not watch your team play in like a month.
>>76215892
both the USA and newcastle dont have a chance. I have more draw towards country
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.