[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1784.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1784.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
What went wrong?
>>
Management wasn't interested in winning
Best player then left
>>
File: harden exception.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
harden exception.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>76208124
They kept the worst of the three
>>
>>76208251
>Best player then left

Westbrook is still on the team though
>>
>>76208124
Shithole, hick flyover state that nobody relevant wants to live in
>>
>>76208300
>Westbrook is still on the team though
Indeed he is
>>
>>76208300
Yes he is, and he got thoroughly exposed without Durant
>>
>>76208324
t. Dude that lives with his parents in San Bernardino county
>>
>>76208360
Exposed as the MVP?
>>
>>76208459
>"MVP"
>Losing in the first round in 5
>>
>>76208451
I'll have you know I live with my parents in Riverside county, thank you very much
>>
>>76208124
Karma is a bitch. Now that okee hicks realize you can't win all the time like in college sports, the SuperSonics will go back to Seattle where they belong.
>>
>>76208124
Lots of things.

1) Cheapass owners that didn't want to pony up to keep Harden, because they would rather avoid the luxury tax. Then watching the owners constantly cheap out than rather getting help from some older ring chasing vets. It reminded me of the Robert Sarver of the Suns cheaping out and selling draft picks during the Nash era.

2) Fucked by timing/karma. Big cap spike happened after they traded off Harden, which would have made the team not have to worry about the repeater tax.

3) Presti is fucking overrated as shit. His early work is fucking gang busters with Harden, Ibaka, and Westbrook. (No credit for taking Durant in his draft, a fucking monkey would've nailed that pick), but outside that his last few years have been mediocre to out right shit at best. That fucking Kanter extension is a fucking travesty.

4) Durant and Westbrook weren't tight. You could tell Durant would occasionally get pissy when Westbrook would Westbrook in games.

5) Fucked by Karma mk2. They would get derailed by injuries, like when Beverly blew out Westbrook's knee. Shit happens, look at Golden States first title run where every opponent they played suffered crippling injuries. OKC had it happen a few times to Durant/Westbrook. Although the Durant foot injury is equally on them for letting Durant rush back.
>>
>>76210210
#1 was the root cause of all of these. When people talk about "muhh parity" they ofc forget, that MOST of small team owners are fucks just like these. Taking any risk instead of fleecing everybody for playoff money? Fuck that. All the others just didn't had good GM and Durant fall into their hands. OKC and Phily are two worst owner related memes of basketball management. OKC is trying to be risk averse by having no sensible game plan and just make playoffs with talent. Run themselves into Westbrook experience with forced losing trades they shoud've never made otherwise judjing by their other deals. Finally collected all the shitty misfits to trash idea of bball moneyball to plebs who can't understand what it means. All because fuck players that fit good gameplan, just talent bro.
Phily is JUST the smartest guy in the room who likes to tell everybody about it. We SOLVED team building, dude. Costed Hinkie his fucking job ofc. Now they're excluded from any winning deals (and that's a big loss in such a stupid league GM-wise) . All because the assets and superstars my dude. Btw all their potential superstars are skiping whole seasons and Rose/Brandon Roy/Greg Oden flashbacks start to appear. Any FA signings are problematic because vet knows he'll have chemistry issues and young prospect should be ok to move to bench after making great strides and progressing during season with lots of playing time. Orlando is getting ready to be next team to be sacrificed and give away assets, but it's ok, Philly doesn't need that shit. They can always remember that you have just 15 roster slots and unload extra assets to give Shark Tank guy exactly the perfect player he needed.
And than these people go to conferences and talk about how complicated GMing is. And Mike Brown is coaching and probably winning finals btw. Nice fucking """family""" NBA got there.
>>
>>76216801
I didn't really read what you wrote but what it comes down to is whether or not you have Lebron. If you don't, there's only enough talent to go around with the salary cap to create one super team that can beat him.
>>
File: 1430981540119.jpg (172KB, 556x619px) Image search: [Google]
1430981540119.jpg
172KB, 556x619px
stole a team and put them in bumfuck oklahomo

furthered ruined my blazer's divison with more shitty travel instead of a drive up i-5
>>
Russell Westbrook is a cancerous player, and there is no superstar veteran to talk sense into him.
>>
>>76208124

Their best player was a snake who fucked them over because he fell for a meme.
>>
Jesus you had Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. You work so hard to make it to the NBA Finals and you're going to get rid of one of the key contributors to the team? Fucking stupid move.
>>
>>76217271
Same as the chargers back in 08. The curse of the powder blue.
>>
>>76208124
Relocation
>>
>>76208459
Sorry but if your a top level talent it's really not hard to squeak into the playoffs and get blown away in the first rd in basketball. LeBron did it for about 6 seasons in Cleveland with better results each year. The west might be better than the east up top but beating Minnesota, Sacramento, Lakers, and Suns isn't some crowing feat.
>>
>>76208124
Firing Scott Brooks after an injury riddled season

Getting rid of harden wasnt so bad, he waa behind wedtbrook on the depth and okc isnt getting rid of westbrook anytime soon.

Making Ibaka play offensive more than defensive (he was fucking IBLOCKA) was bad because then it made Perkins the primary source of defense which was bad.

There was a lot of reasons for the collapse
>>
File: durant supersonics.jpg (544KB, 1275x1920px) Image search: [Google]
durant supersonics.jpg
544KB, 1275x1920px
>>76217012
regardless of whether the move was just or not, which city is better, etc.

Going from these god tier uni's to the bland one's the Thunder have is a crime.
>>
>>76217364

Billy D was the whole reason they made it past the Spurs last year. Brooks is a mental midget that gets exposed by any experienced coach.
>>
File: file.jpg (51KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
51KB, 650x440px
Franchises who steal teams deserve to lose.
>>
File: durant westbrook.jpg (161KB, 1024x977px) Image search: [Google]
durant westbrook.jpg
161KB, 1024x977px
>>76217548
believe in Hansen, brother

he will deliver us a new team
>>
>the number of Philadelphia 76ers personal fouls during the 1993-94 season
>>
>>76217548
I have 0 sympathy for OKC "fans" because of this.
>>
>>76217568
I guarantee that if they'd stayed the Supersonics Durant wouldn't have left. I think at least one part of his leaving is that he was just fucking tired of having to spend so much time in Oklahoma.
>>
Wow okc sucks so much i listen to nirvana all day and i can tell you seattle rules we have real fans!
>>
>>76217548
>Says the city that just tried to do it to sacramento
>>
>>76210210
Pretty much this. They even fired scott brooks, blaming him for having a bad season when KD and Westbrook were both injured. That's some bullshit right there.

I'm almost certain KD hates Billy Donovan and the way the atmosphere of the team changed.
>>
>>76208459
>regular season statbabby
is he the best player in the league? not even top 3, hell, I'd put kyrie and harden above him
>>
>>76217548
>Steal
Cheap owner didn't want to renovate stadium
>>
>>76219382
fuck the owners
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.