[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Russia have a shot in 2018?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: Russia XI.png (223KB, 347x424px) Image search: [Google]
Russia XI.png
223KB, 347x424px
Does Russia have a shot in 2018?
>>
Stalin was from Atlanta, Georgia tho
>>
>>76139386
I mean maybe.
However, home advantage does not play if FIFA is not on board with the host.
Look at Brazil.
>>
>>76139386
>starting women
>a chance
pfffttt
>>
>>76139422
Russia is very corrupt, moreso than Brazil
>>
>>76139429
Agreed, thats why I said maybe. Brazil had all the chances they could get from FIFA, to the blatant refall to the scheduling and location of matches. And they still played like shit. No amount of support from higher ups puts balls on the net.
>>
>>76139479
True, but atleast Brazil had decent players
Russia has.......???
They're going to get destroyed
>>
>>76139494
No stars, thats true but they do have great players and relatively balanced tactics. They just need that bit of luck and maybe refball. I'd bet money to say they reach at least quartes and maybe semis. Now, winning it its just another thing altogether.
>>
>>76139559
>No stars
>Stalin
Pick one
>>
>>76139653
Red stars don't count.
>>
>>76139386
Peter the Great is an interesting player, that European style he got going with his striking seems promising.
And with Khrushchev defending, the Russians have always stood like a wall in the back
>>
>>76139386
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>76140375
Tell us about the state of the Russian national team, Ivan
>>
>>76139386
Imagine if it was a modern day Soviet Union team that hosted, they would dominate
>Mkhitaryan
>Konoplyanka
>Yarmolenko
>the fear that if you don't perform, you will be sent to a siberian work camp
>>
>>76139494
Smolov, Berezutskiy, Poloz, Neudstader, Dzagoev, Glushakov and Dzyuba are very good players
>>
>>76139386
This Ruskie generation must been the worst I've seen. And I'm counting the ones with Arshavin as their best player.
They are going to make a SouthAfrica
>>
They got a decent team and a decent league.
Decent, nothing special.
They have achance due to homeground to go high.
And usually , with some good luck in the draws, if they pass through the quarters and reach the semis, anything can happen.
The emotional pressure and the lust to reach the final/win the final in my opinion, is in favor of the underdog.

Also, if you look at their wikipedia, all of their players (except "russian" neudstadter) are from their league.
I believe most of them could be playing in better leagues, if their wages and prices weren't so overpriced because -> RUSSIA.
>>
>>76140432
Google "russia cote d'ivoire gif" and watch home world cup generation defence in action.
Basically, even with 1st bracket seeding and """gazprom""" tier "randomly selected" opponents from other brackets, the only way they finish anything other than 3rd-4th in group with is refball of unseen proportions. I'm talking about Dzuba killing people while any retaliation is a penalty. It's painfull to even think how bad this team will be:
>goalkeeper who can only behave like 12 year old raging gamer kid
>defenders that are awful in absolutely every category defenders can be awful at
>left back, no pls, no more nightmares
>no playmaker no anchor midfield
>attacking creativity? fugg dat longballon muhfugo!111 [c]
>wingers that doesn't dribble or create dangerous situation but who also absolutely fucking suck at pressing
>unironically using target man in 2017
>smolov will finally play on his position but most likely will be injured by the time WC starts
Mustachio man meme coach will probably play rotten mass defence+long ball counters style to avoid embarassment, but I will still look for every opportunity to bet against them. Made fucking fortune last time when every bookie had them at borderline tier1 team ROFL.
>>
>>76140752
34 year old Denisov>>>>>literally anyone there including that fat alanian

Maybe Golovin can become the saviour in midfield just in time and become Denisovlike, golovin can atleast tackle.

Also Cherchesov will never do it but Zhirkov-Kutepov-Dzhikia-Burlak-Fernandes
Golovin/Fat alanian-Glushakov
Poloz-Smolov/Dzyuba
is thr best possible formation
>>
>>76140752
Remember Costa Rica's performance in the group of death last year? They did OK, even with a near shit level team.
>>
>>76140844
But Russia is shit+high expectation+toxic dressingroom. They will get 3rd in the group at best
>>
>>76139386
>150 million people
>football is their national sport

why do Russia suck so much
>>
>>76140844
But Costa Rica had Navas, Bryan Ruiz, and Joel Campbell.
>>
>>76140888
Terrible facilities (pace-nig-tier youth coaching just like over your place but Russia doesn't have any pace-nigs).

Foreigner limit means that clubs overpay a shtton to have good Russian players so a bloke like Miranchuk earns 3.5 million now and can just stop giving a shit about football as Russian foofballers often do. Foreigner limit also means that no Russiams go abroad to learn different football styles and to improve

The current generation of footballers all grew up in the 90s when Russia was Angola-tier and everyone was too poor to put kids on football lessons
>>
>>76140844
Did more than ok, they beat Uruguay and Italy.

And just a penalty away from reaching the semis, mental.
>>
>>76139386
Yeltsin as coach, sitting with 2 prostitutes in the bench drunk as fuck
>>
>>76140844
And? Almost every tournament there's a lucky team one-timing. Plus I believe you haven't seen their games? Every opponent team played their worst game against them if I remember correctly.
>>76140888
Lad, you should see stadiums and ticket prices coming from same people that thought "20k rublos for WorldHockeyCup which is every year is expensive?". Hey, but at least you can be happy about how eagerly they spend stolen money on EPL xD
>>76140977
All of these are subproblems. Parents who see how much these talentless fucks make corrupt coaches (low salary + hobby job) into win based football with "right" starting rosters full of rich kids. That + no infrastructure leads to every player who makes it being related to agent or some other shady shit. Which leads to generation of "your expectation is your problem", "I make money and you're worse coach potato", "You can do better why you're not playing". All real phrases, so you can understand the mindset of individuals that say shit like that on regular basis.
>>
I don't care how they do, I'm just waiting for swooping camera angles of Russia-tier slags in the stadia
>>
>>76142110
i never realized how much i need this
>>
>>76139422
Brazil only made it to the semis because of FIFA though?
>>
>>76140467
*owl noises*
>>
>>76142223
Yes.
>>
>>76142110
>tfw no qts at Qatar 2022

At least we'll get to see a load of pissed Slavs get arrested as soon as they step off the plane.
>>
>>76139386
>no Mr. Gorbachev
He can tear down a wall + after one of his headers nobody will come anywhere near the ball because of that blot on his head. That stuff gives you cooties. Ask any kiddo in the playground.
>>
Russia's fucked footballwise, all their players get money thrown at them to stay in Russia, where they can't evolve probably, see Kokorin
>>
>>76144597
Arshavin looked like he had a lot of potential but never fulfilled it in England

>yfw he asked to be paid in cash because he didn't know what a bank account was
>>
File: mario fernandes.jpg (147KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
mario fernandes.jpg
147KB, 450x600px
They have the best RB of the world, so yes.
>>
Zobnin and Chalov any good?
>>
>>76140844

Costa Rica was the luckiest Nation to reach the Quarter Finals ever.
Greece dominated them bro.
Greece literally dumped their park the bus style to play Costa Rica because they didn't nead it.
>>
>>76148354
>extra time equaliser

you got lucky
>>
>>76148418
Why dont you watch the whole match and not just the scoreline senpai.
>>
>>76148461
I remember it

of course they parked the bus and let you pass around them, it's costa rica. and they nearly beat you in normal time
>>
File: IRA XI.png (188KB, 352x448px) Image search: [Google]
IRA XI.png
188KB, 352x448px
Could the IRA beat Russia in the Terrorist Owl?
>>
>>76148354
Lol
Still I like you.
>>
>>76148491
Then try watching the extra time as well senpai.

Navas beat us. Not Costa Rica. And that's the reason why the team doesn't have similar results after the WC 2014. It's a Leicester Level performance in my opinion.

Uruguay, Italy, England just though of them as irrelevent. Payed the price.
>>
>>76148542
Don't get me wrong Im planning Vacation in CR coz gf wants to ruin the world. Maybe its just a Greek's POV becuase emotion can have an impact on how you comprehend things. Maybe is just my pride/idea that we were dominating. Maybe not. But I remember these forums smashing at "Greece should ve won in extra tim e." etc...
>>
>>76148497
Bobby Sands would not to beef up a bit first, lad. Would get pushed off the ball to easily.
>>
>>76148633
you need him to organise the attack just like how he organised the blanket protest and organised the bombing of that laundrette

indispensable RAkino
>>
>>76148689
At least you acknowledged the RA as terrorists in your original post. Thanks, lid
>>
File: france.png (167KB, 353x511px) Image search: [Google]
france.png
167KB, 353x511px
R8 my France team lads
>>
>>76148710
i was memeing

F R E E D O M
I
G
H
T
E
R
S
>>
>>76148784
>Derry

Where? Never heard of it.
>>
File: leon-trotsky-9510793-1-402.jpg (105KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
leon-trotsky-9510793-1-402.jpg
105KB, 1200x1200px
>>76139386
No
>>
File: murderball.png (424KB, 579x703px) Image search: [Google]
murderball.png
424KB, 579x703px
only good thing with your team is Peter I, the Great lad to hoof the balls to
>>
>>76149424
>no Kutuzov
>no Nevski
>>
File: image_33.jpg (52KB, 595x720px) Image search: [Google]
image_33.jpg
52KB, 595x720px
>>76149448
>he rates mihail "fatter than higuain" kutuzov
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.