[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he elite or shit??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2

File: na1329276964_whgusdns123.jpg (19KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
na1329276964_whgusdns123.jpg
19KB, 184x274px
>>
>le puppetmaster man
>>
Obligatory "better than memes like Zidane" post.
>>
>>76133403
Does he really better than Zidan??
>>
he was elite
>>
Best midfielder in history tbhwyfam
>>
>>76133515
That's going too far.
>>
Better than Messi desu
>>
>>76133528
No it is not.The lad just did what he wanted and with 3 passes he created a goal opportunity.No wonder Barça became another random meme counter attacking team after he left
>>
messibabby
>>
>>76133594
>messibabby
>1 WC and 2 euros
>Messi baby
Pal is more like the other way around.Messi has never performed outside Barcelona.Xavi has
>>
>>76133237
super elite, seriously

>>76133479
lmao that paki couldn't polish xavi's shoes
>>
>>76133620
That's because Spain was basically Barcelona. It was the exact same system. Messi has to go and play with a bunch of inferior players with a different system
>>
I rate him, even though I absolutely despise le passing midfielders. He did it at a level no one ever has.
>>
>>76133630
That paki won a ballo but xavi don't.
>>
>>76133718
>winning a ballon dor when your closest competitors are Suker and 21 year old Ronaldo
>>
in 20 years he will take his rightful place in the top 5 GOATs. right now too many plebs don't rate him.

he was better than zidane and cruyff.
>>
>>76133718
xavi's competition were messi and ronaldo, you clueless mong
>>
>>76133653

Exactly, making Messi a stacked team/system babby. Real GOATs perform no matter what.
>>
>>76133653
Xai was Barça's system.Since he left they have ended up playing meme counter attacks
>>
>>76133915

lol is that meant to be bad? 21 year old Ronaldo was the GOAT.
>>
>>76133681
Him and Iniesta landing 40 yard passes onto each other's toes was incredible. Must be the GOAT possession midfield duo.
>>
Just like Iniesta, he didn't shoot with enough strengh to score
>>
He was great no doubt, but I think to be in the discussion for GOAT midfielder you need more than what he offered.
>>
messsibaby
>>
>>76134098
>you need more than what he offered.
He offered way more than any of the memesters that you could name from FIFA
>>
>>76133594
>>76133620
>>76134143
>messibabby
>xavibabby
>iniestababby
Why is it so fucking difficult to admit that everyone in that 08-12 team was GOAT?
>>
>>76133237
>le short pass man

Seems easy, but he was amazing.
>>
>>76134195
that team raped and broke too many sphincters, some of which are still bleeding or have never recovered
>>
>>76134195

It's the spanish doping generation. The only player that had a heart beat after 2012 was messi, because he's an actual goat. The others are just Eufemaniobabbys
>>
The real question:
Who was better, Iniesta or Xavi?
>>
>>76133237
yes

not as good as zizou tho
>>
>>76134266
zizou > iniesta > xavi
>>
>>76134266
very different players
>>
>>76134161
Cruyff and Zidane were more skillful and direct, Ballack and Vieira physically dominated midfield with solid distribution, Lampard and even Slippy G were prolific scorers. Many players offered what Xavi couldn't.

Not to say he wasn't the very best at his particular role.
>>
>>76134266

memeiesta is really overrated. he is a great player but not GOAT level.
>>
His one fault was that he wasn't a complete midfielder. He was a bad finisher and unfortunately that is one of a midfielder's jobs, albeit secondary.
But he was the best at what he did, which was directing. He was the peak of the regista play style.
>>
>>76134266
Xavi controlles the game way better. Iniesta is more of a normal player (still amazing though) and more clutch. If I had to choose, Xavi.

Xavi > Iniesta > insert dozens of players here > Zidane
>>
>>76133237
xaviniesta baby
>>
>>76134392
>Cruyff and Zidane were more skillful
Zidane maybe but Cruyff wasn't lol.In fact Xavi was much better at first touch dribbling and passing that are way more valueable than FIFA memeskills
>Ballack and Vieira physically dominated midfield with solid distribution
>Solid
>Lampard and even Slippy G were prolific scorers
And utter PLel garbage
>>
le 2 metre pass to Iniesta man
le Qatari league legend man
le score one meaningless goal evey 10 or 12 games man
>>
>>76134400
>He was a bad finisher
lmao he was a very decent finisher and scored plenty of goals for a midfielder, his highest being like 15 (with another 15 assists)
>>
>>76135237
le butthurt Messi defending Argie
>>
>>76135275
I'm just saying Iniesta is better, can't compare Xavi to Messi because they play different roles

>inb4 Xavi and Iniesta don't play the same role
>>
systembabby

he played with the same team all his career, and for the national team all he had to do was learn to pass sideways to Alonso. That's the biggest change he's ever had to make.

He got to play such a little cushy job beside true GOATs like Iniesta and Messi, who won the champions league without him, while Messi also went into a completely different system to the world cup final.
>>
>>76133237
He was on another level. You only have to watch Euro 2012. Pirlo had complete control of the midfield in every game, then in the final Xavi did to Pirlo what Pirlo had done to everyone else.
>>
Yes, he was legitimately elite.

>>76135293
Xavi was comfortably better than Iniesta.
>>
>>76135293
Iniesta is a sidekick.He was never playing the same role as Xavi
>>
>>76135297
Xavi in 1 WC created more chances of goal than Pele in 3.He dominated the midfield for 7 years without any competition for a reason
>>
I know even I look good in youtube hl vids but this faggot was something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFp9fy3B8Uw
>>
Why do people still compare players to Messi? Messi is like 3 players in one. Barring Messi, Xavi was the most dominant player for half a decade.
>>
>>76135200
>And utter PLel garbage
Champions league winners.
>>
Literally the best midfielder of all time
>>
this video is more classic ball-hogging xavi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn3Kzwyaus
>>
>>76135860

This. And it's not even close.
>>
It´s amazing that he played both in the era of Messi and in the same club.
>>
>>76133630
>calling a man whiter than xavi a paki
>>
File: Xavi assist.webm (3MB, 928x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xavi assist.webm
3MB, 928x400px
Yeah xavi was great
>>
>Debuted for Barcelona before Messi hit puberty
>1 (one) title before he debuted
>>
>>76133984
THIS SENPAI
>>
Iniesta was the Robin to Xavi's Batman.
>>
can /sp/ make it up it's mind? who is who's babby?
>>
For me? Its Xaviniessi
>>
>>76133237
like Iniesta, an overrated messibabby
>>
>>76133915
21 year old Ronaldo was GOAT(and in reality should have won the award not Zizou)
Suker was a phenomenal striker who was amazing in 98 WC too
>>
>>76133403
>>76133630
>Le "complain about grass" wannabe-gardener
>better than Zizou
>>
>>76134266
Zizou, Redondo, Kaka, Rui Costa, Boban, Savicevic, Gullit, Rijkaard, Matthaus, Zico etc. the list goes on and on...there's so many better midfielders in history than these 2 overrated manlets
>>
>>76138056
actually makes me curious
>>
>>76135341
>then in the final Xavi did to Pirlo what Pirlo had done to everyone else.
No he didn't
In the final Spain NT neutralized Pirlo's team-mates and the match was 50-50 in possession

Pirlo was mediocre throughout that competition btw not sure why people thought he was so good
>>
>>76135403
LOL Pele scored a brace in a World Cup Final when he was fucking 17 years old

You catalans are fucktarded lmao
>>
>>76141498
>statpadding on a game that was already over
The Penaldo of the old ages
>>
>>76141356
>comparing attacking and defensive midfielders to central
>>
>>76133237
THE ONE AND ONLY GOAT
Seriously, his passing, on and off the ball movement and vision, was and still is unparalleled.
>>
>>76133237
He's up there with Zidane, Iniesta, Laudrup, Scholes etc
>>
>le pass it to messi man
>>
>le pass it sidewise man
>>
>>76133653
>depending on having super star's for teammates and playing a specific system

are you ironically trying to point out that messi is a system babby or did you do that by accident?
>>
>>76144056
I'm saying that the argument "Xavi and Iniesta succeeded else where" doesn't work because they were basically in the same system. As to your point everybody plays in a system and depends on it.
>>
messibabby
>>
>>76141888
>le lose with out Xavi,puke and choke in 3 finals face
>>
>>76144188
Xavi wothout Messi has won stuff.Messi without Xavi has only won a crybaby competition
>>
>>76141356
>Rui Costa
It's funny how you can tell how much we underrate today's players when you see foreigners compare players you followed very closely (because they're from your country) to the stars of the last 10 years.

Both Iniesta and Xavi are clearly better than Rui Costa, regardless of differences in roles.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.