[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do german football fans think of this club?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 12

what do german football fans think of this club?
>>
Less plastic than Bayern, at least Leipzig use home grown players and only buy small names
>>
>>76087371
but it was founded 8 years ago and finished second in the german top flight? isnt that cheating?
>>
>>76087347
Less toxic than buyern but still a despicatable club.
>>
>>76087478
How is it cheating? There are at least 10 clubs in the Bundesliga with a more expensive squad than Leipzig
>>
>>76087647
well it's owned and being bankrolled by a global brand for a start
>>
File: 1482787895957.jpg (109KB, 676x537px) Image search: [Google]
1482787895957.jpg
109KB, 676x537px
BASED ENERGY DRINK. AMIRITE PEDES?
>>
>>76087371
Explain how Bayern is plastic
>>
>>76087668
like bayer?
>>
>>76087690
They buy every single half decent player from the league, they use money to make it a 1 horse race
>>
>>76087722
Every top club in Europe is buying top players, BVB does the same.
Bayern never had sugar daddies, pumping them with money like real plastic clubs (Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Leipzig).
They made profits with clever management and scouting.
>>
Liked by plebs, hyped by the media and officials because of "muh artificial Bayern rival, let's fix the problem of lacking competition by introducing another club that operates without any monetary constraints, fuck 80% of our customer base, LMAO."

Despised by most people who actually follow football and/or are fan of an established club.
>>
>>76087770
Leipzig don't have a suggar daddy, their squad is full of literally whos who actually overperform
No one knew who Keita or Forsberg were before they played for Leipzig

I'd understand the hate for them if they put 200M per transfer window
>>
>>76087813
they are literally an advert
>>
>>76087770
the difference is that buyern buy from their closest rival day in day out and thus keep the BULI down.
>>
>>76087857
They only have 1 advert, less than most clubs
>>
>>76087813
Literally every sentence in your post is wrong, good job. No one is denying that they are doing good work, but they're still spending dozens of millions more than clubs in a similar position. And what's even more important, they don't have to give a shit about risks. Guess what happens when other clubs spent million on players with potential and half of them flop? They're done.
>>
>>76087906
Which players did Liepzig buy for millions?
>>
>>76087813
Wtf are you talking about, RB Leipzig had the most valuable team in the 2. Bundes, right after they got promoted from the 3. Liga.
All that money came from REDBULL
>>
>>76087890
yes of course, just like chevrolet united and real emirates. and lets not forget bayern t mobile
>>
>>76087938
The only "expensive" (10 million) player they have is Keita and they bought it from other RB club, which could be called a dirty transfer

All clubs in the top 10 of Bundesliga have more expensive players and they are worse than Liepzig. If you hate them it's because you support a club like Dortmund or Schalke and are jealous of their success
>>
>>76087931
http://www.transfermarkt.de/rasenballsport-leipzig/alletransfers/verein/23826

They spent almost 30 Million in the fucking 3rd league. That's probably more than literally all clubs in the whole history of the league combined.

Also all transfers from Salzburg or other Red Bull clubs are drastically underrated.
>>
bayern is the biggest reason why i don't watch the bundesliga. it's a joke.
>>
>>76088003
Yes, when they created the club

I'm talking about the present. They overperform with the shitty players (compared to big German clubs) they have

Next thing you are going to say is that Dortmund have a worse/cheaper squad than Leipzig
>>
>>76088036
are you the decendant of a nazi war criminal or something? why are you so defensive of this marketing ploy?
>>
>>76088036
Just like Hoffenheim did in their first year. It was never their plan to immediately qualify for the Champions League, they did a good job and had a unique season, a lot of teams that get promoted have a good first season.They're going to spent a lot of money this year to keep this level of success and then you're whole argument collapses.
>>
>>76088036
>Yes, when they created the club

That's the fucking point, RB Leipzig is the most plastic any team can be.
They spent 92% of all the money spent in the 3. Liga that year. This was all only possible because of $$$ from Redbull
>>
>>76088096
t. jealous dirtmund costumer
>>
they are literally the only hope of saving german football from complete destruction by buyern
>>
no one who is entertained by top flight football can complain about how much money clubs are spending. they all spend shed loads. the only reason why people hate leipzig is because they're rocking the boat, not because they spent money.
>>
>>76088155
Wrong. German fans care more about tradition than some money fueled plastic club, pretending to be good.
That's why nobody goes to Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg games
>>
>>76088113
>>76088155
Guess what, there are other clubs in the Bundesliga than fucking Bayern and Dortmund. The whole point is that these clubs can't hope to compete because of the complete lack of financial constraints. Bayern customers are actually the most welcoming fanbase in regards to Leipzig, because they don't have to feel threatened in any way. Clubs who get relegated or booted out of international football to make way for a gigantic advert are understandably pissed, wouldn't you say? What's the point of any competition when you have no way to compete?
>>
Buyern aren't better, they are payrolled by VW, Allianz, Adidas and Telekom and have the audacity to cry about Red Bull.
>>
>>76088205
enjoy being permacucked by bayern then i guess
>>
>>76088352
The solution to Bayern dominance is not Bayern 2.0 with even more money you dumb fuck. Why would anyone give a shit if they're shafted by Leipzig instead of Bayern.
>>
File: 1485707323939.jpg (138KB, 1175x660px) Image search: [Google]
1485707323939.jpg
138KB, 1175x660px
>Because they're the hero the Bundesliga deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt them. Because they can take it. Because they're not our hero.
>>
>>76088286
See
>>76088263

Bayern doesn't need to cry about Red Bull, but all the other clubs who can't afford these spendings, Red Bull are pulling off.

Also every single team in Europe has sponsors, so don't get that mixed up, autist
>>
>>76088401
Bayern and the DFL/DFB actually welcome Leipzig, only Dortmund is screeching like a whole frog armada.
>>
>>76087994
Fuck off, I hate them because they're a walking advertisement that's literally only in the Bundesliga to promote an energy drink line and make extra cash for their overlords, and because the same company ruined my local club. You obviously weren't following them when they were in the lower leagues and they muscled their way into the top flight by outspending every single other team in the league. They might not have paid tons compared to Bundesliga numbers but they still outspent relative to the lower leagues to get their young players.
>>
>>76088400
buyern have got too comfy dominating germany in every way. If nothing changes they will just continue doing this in the way they are indefinitely, red bull coming in forces them to change things, spend money more aggressively, take more risks

with them both in an arms race there is much more chance for them both to make mistakes and fall, compared to the current situation of bayern walking the league every year. You need to think more long term
>>
>>76088542
You apparently didn't get the memo, but it's completely impossible for Leipzig to "fail". That's their biggest advantage. You absolutely can not compete with them over a long time frame as a club like Gladbach, Bremen, Hamburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, Mainz, Köln and even Dortmund. Bayern has a gigantic fundamental advantage they built over the last forty years, they could potentially lose this advantage after a long period of mismanagement, but not Leipzig. So bugger off m8.
>>
>>76088436
>Bayern actually welcome Leipzig
I don't think that they give a fuck about the the teams who are below them. The bundesliga became an annoying duty for them and if Leipzig makes the whole thing somewhat interesting again, Uli and Kalle will just splash the cash to keep them in check.
>>
>>76087770
Tbh the minute ffp came into existence, this argument went out the window
>>
>>76089158
this
>>
Reminder that the Bundesliga is a corrupt league and made sure that HSV and Dortmund reached enough points at the end of the season by dodgy penalty decisions and disallowed goals.
>>
I love the way it triggers fug le modern football redditors.

Go RasenBall!
>>
>>76087668
like volkswagon?
>>
ok then, let the bundesliga keep their tradition. there are other leagues to watch.
>>
They're ok but I hate their shitty logo and generic colours. I know they are basically just advertising for Red Bull so they have to use the brand colours but do we really need another red and white team?
>>
File: 1._FC_Union_Berlin_logo.svg.png (81KB, 1280x475px) Image search: [Google]
1._FC_Union_Berlin_logo.svg.png
81KB, 1280x475px
Leipzig, Salzburg and NYRB ALL ruin football.

Union is the real east german team
>>
File: 1448469565305.jpg (191KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448469565305.jpg
191KB, 600x400px
As someone who lives in Leipzig but is an Ami, I have mixed feelings. I love the squad (Timo and Forsberg are a pleasure to watch) but I don't like the fact that it's bankrolled by RB. That being said, I don't understand why Germans are so autistic about Leipzig when they have monstrosities like Wolfsburg and, to a lesser extent, Bayer.

I also love how ass blasted certain customers get when they lose against Leipzig while half of their squad is from Africa or Spain.

I think, in the Bundesliga, Schalke is the most fun to watch.
>>
File: 1447265503197.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1447265503197.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>76093916
Holy shit I also just realized that Wolfsburg might be relegated, that's fucking rich... How did this happen?
>>
The only reason so many Germans are butthurt is because Red Bull is an Austrian company.
If some arabian oilnigger bought the team no one would be saying a thing.
Fucking krautcucks
>>
>>76094290
a load of bullshit
>>
>>76088263
Best post
>>
File: 145px-BFC_Dynamo_2009.png (38KB, 145x145px) Image search: [Google]
145px-BFC_Dynamo_2009.png
38KB, 145x145px
>>76093851
>implying
>>
I don't have bderstand why people are upset. Redbull pump a lot of money into sports which otherwise would my exist on a large scale. They've now done it with a German football club - something every other club on earth does.

I can't see how they're a bad guy.
>>
>>76087668
like stuttgart?
>>
>>76094394
kek you self-loathing pussies wouldn't be saying shit
#RefugeesVelkome XDXD
>>
>>76094702
just go back to /pol/ fatlord

1860 is owned by some arab and they get shit on constantly. the club is a gigantic joke. schalke get a lot of flak simply for hacing gazprom as a sponsor. the club that get shat on for having a sugardad most in germany, more than red bull or anyone else, is hamburg, who are constantly bankrolled by a german billionaire. just shut the fuck up if you have no idea about what you're talking about.
>>
>>76094746
fucking hell he got you seething mad in a tiffy didn't he

must have hit a nerve
>>
>>76087668
like Hamburger?
>>
>>76094822
americans talking about football always get me mad
>>
>>76094746
>t.Cucked by Muhammad
>>
>>76094921

you have to be 18 to post here friendo
>>
Bar the flop against >Schalke, Leipzig's big three a likable and fun to watch. It's a breath of fresh air for the Bundesliga, as they actually had more points than Buyern in November.
>>
Was there a bigger team in Leipzig before RB turned up?
>>
you are welcome
saving the Bundesjoke is a holy duty
>>
>>76093916
why would anybody voluntarily move to germany let alone fucking leipzig?
>>
>>76094998
They are all broke now, the biggest remaining one is probably Lok which is Eastern Europe tier with violent hooligan fans being the only thing that's making them halfway relevant. Fun fact: VfB Leipzig won the first grman championship in 1903 against Prague but they didn't surivive WW2.

Personally I think it's commendable that they picked a large city in the east for their club. Much better than some village like Hoffenheim with 500 inhabitants and 20 fans in a region that is rich and overrepresented anyway.
>>
>>76094860
oh so you're perfectly okay with being seen as a self-loathing pussy then?
okay
>>
>>76095080
I really don't care too much what some guy calls me or thinks of me on 4chan
>>
>>76094394
I don't hear people whone about 1860 incessantly. Do you?
>>
>>76095066
This tobihannes.
Leipzig needed football and the stadium is always full or nearly full.
Lok and Chemie are just poorly led teams poisoned by their radical fans.
>>
they'll make the bundes great again
I hope they do good in the UCL
>>
>>76095188
Because 1860 is fighting relegation in the 2. league and not finishing 2nd in the 1.
>>
>>76095213
So you're just angry because Leipzig are actually successful witu their strategy. Okay.
>>
>germcucks would rather watch buyern wins the bundes for 1638218th time than watching a new team trying to make the league interesting
>>
>>76095249
the fuck are you on about
>>
>>76095251
nah, most of the poeple here are pretty much anti-buyern and can't wait until they got pushed from the thrown.
>>
File: 1495290402247.png (45KB, 1038x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1495290402247.png
45KB, 1038x1111px
they're /our guys/ and the saviors of this shit Buyern league.
>>
>>76087770

except Audi and Adidas are putting infinite money on Buyern so you can buy the best players from your direct rivals every season
>>
>>76096259
*throne
>>
>>76088036
The fuck you talking about? They spent more than Buyern over the last 4 years. At the beginning of the season they spent 50mil. That is 10th worldwide.
>>
>>76096334
The fuck are you talking about?! Bayern spend ~260mil€ on players in the past 4 years. Without looking it up I don't think that Leipzig comes close to that.
>>
>>76096446
he's gonna come back with a "m-muh net spend" post
>>
normies get triggered by them so much it's hilarious
>>
File: Leipzig3.jpg (3MB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Leipzig3.jpg
3MB, 2000x1339px
>>76095025
>why would anyone move to the best city in one of the best countries in the world
>>
>>76096580
>the best city
>
>>
less plastic than Chelsea.

if they arent given shit on here, neither should leipzig
>>
File: Leipzig4.jpg (2MB, 2500x1543px) Image search: [Google]
Leipzig4.jpg
2MB, 2500x1543px
>>76096601
yes
>>
>>76093938
The CO2 emission scandal happened.
>>
>>76096642
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. But I guess that it's good thing that you like the place were you live.
>>
>>76087770
>Wolfsburg
>Leverkusen
>both clubs, especially Wolfsburg, were piss poor for the majority of their existence
>plastic
Hello, reddit
>>
>>76087668
like Ingolstadt?
>>
>>76088461
>ruined my local club

Am I talking to an authentic MetroStars™-fanatic right now?
>>
>>76095252
That moneyballing is fine as long as the status quo isn't threatened, apparently.

The whole region is glad RB decided to create some jobs and make use of the Zentralstadion.
And the growing fan scene is a testament to how much Leipzig needed a team.
>>
>buy Demme off of fucking Paderborn
y-yeah but MONEY

maybe the TRADITIONSTEAMS should get some proper scouts
>>
>>76088461
>>76096867
such a liar. if you were liked your "local club" you'd realize that metro were going nowhere fast, played in a 90,000 seat stadium while the average attendance was 10,000. they built a new stadium, invested some money, bought henry and built a team around them, and that's the only reason why the team has been any good for the last 7 years.

t. someone who attended many home games of the Worst Season Ever™
>>
>>76097153
>>76097753
this is exactly what red bull did to the ny/nj area team and they were very smart. picking up an area from the dead where people would appreciate it. now compare that to hoffenheim
>>
>>76088096
Every plastic team created to dispute Buyern wins lol league is welcome
>>
>>76097753
I don't give a fuck about winning if the team is going to be an advertisement. Is having a new stadium and playoff wins really worth it if it means that the literal purpose of the club is going to be to promote Red Bull? Sky Blue is the only real (professional) football club in Jersey and even the completely plastic NYCFC was founded as an actual club and not just an ad.
>>
>>76087668
like buyern?

(Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, UniCredit)

>>76087770
>Bayern never had sugar daddies
Who are Allianz
Who are Deutsche Telekom
Who are Adidas
Who are Audi

W E W
L A D

>>76087857
Just like Buyern, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg - actually every single football club in existence then?

>>76087906
>Guess what happens when other clubs spent million on players with potential and half of them flop? They're done.
You mean like Buyern? Oh... wait...

>>76088003
I went on Transfermarkt and found some figures for money spent on incoming transfers in the 16/17 season:

>RB Leipzig:
£50.58 million
>Buyern Munich:
£59.50 million
>Wolfsburg:
£65.49 million
>Dortmund:
£102.94 million

Wow but Leipzig are really a unique problem in this league, rite guise? :-)

>>76088096
You mean how Buyern's success is only possible because of $$$ from Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, Adidas, Audi?
You mean how Leverkusen's success is only possible because of $$$ from Bayer?
You mean how Wolfsburg's success is only possible because of $$$ from Volkswagen?

>>76088205
Is that why they go and see their favourite club, Bayern Munich®, at the Allianz Arena™ (sponsored by Deutsche Telekom™)? And they make sure they buy the latest Adidas™ kit when they do?

Or maybe they go to Signal Iduna Park™ to see their favourite club, Borussia Dortmund? Sponsored by Evonik™, Puma™, Opel™, etc.

>>76088286
This

>>76088429
>every single team in Europe has sponsors
THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WHINGING ABOUT LEIPZIG

THE IRONY IS UNREAL
>>
>>76101893
>being that guy who replies to hours old posts
Don't be that guy.
>>
What's Red Bull's endgame here, though? Like if they're spending 30mm+ more than they're making, do they see it as advertisement? Does the positive of having their name associated with a winning team counter the negative press? Is a niche drink company really big enough that that's an investment worth making?

It really just looks more like the Red Bull board want to be the Arab money-style owners that dump free money into a team, but aren't quite oil money wealthy, so they can't just throw the money down a hole. They need to have something to show for it, and this is the closest they can get.
>>
>>76102184
>being a guy who is cucked by the opinions of other people about what they "should" do

Sure, be that guy if you want
>>
>>76102314
It's not as if any of them will respond to you.

Also
>sticking up for the German version of MK Dons
Disgusting.
>>
>>76102385
Please tell me who the big financial backers of MK Dons are?

Please tell me when RB Leipzig was relocated to a new town/city?
>>
>>76102292
>What's Red Bull's endgame here, though? Like if they're spending 30mm+ more than they're making, do they see it as advertisement?
Yes they do, but they will want the team to cover its own expenses. It's the same model they've pursued with their F1 teams. Those teams essentially cover their own costs, especially the flagship one, because they win championship money, and because they have other sponsors (Tag Heuer, Aston Martin, and in the past Casio, Infiniti, etc.)

RB Leipzig has Volkswagen sponsoring them, and other companies, so again they will want the team to be breaking even.

This is the advantage of owning a team rather than just sponsoring it. Perhaps a greater expense, but you get the revenues in return.

>Does the positive of having their name associated with a winning team counter the negative press?
What "negative press"? Some salty German Untermenschen who are jealous because their own teams are doing shit? Top lel.

>It really just looks more like the Red Bull board want to be the Arab money-style owners that dump free money into a team, but aren't quite oil money wealthy
You're right, they're not as rich as oil sheikhs, but I hope they can make a success of RB Leipzig, like they've already done with their F1 teams and with other football teams too (NY Red Bulls, RB Salzburg, etc.)
>>
>>76102292
If they do well they get non stop free advertising on the CL
>>
>>76102385
>>76102475
I guess really you could say Man City are an analogue of RB Leipzig, but then again Man City were already a pretty good club, and didn't have their name changed

Or you could say Leicester are similar. Since they had their entire team drenched in the "King Power" brand - they bought their way into the Premier League, and to the title.

Or you could say Salford City is another one, bankrolled by the ex-Man U players, but obviously they're still pretty low in the pyramid, despite a couple of promotions.
>>
>>76087347
Only Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit fags hate them. They are /ourguys/.
>>
>>76102963
>they bought their way into the Premier League

I didn't know Sean Dyche posted on /sp/, spreading his fake news
>>
>>76103035
>*BACK into the premier league

Happy now?
>>
>>76102986
The point is that the people in and around Leipzig don't give a fucking shit whether they are the bad or the good guys. They just want to see football.
>>
>>76103368
What?

Leicester spent fuck all in their promotion season. All the big money signings they spent under Sven were ALL SOLD by Pearson. Leicester then got shit loads of cheapos and freebies. The same cheapos and freebies won them the PL.
>>
>>76095025

My man, Leipzig is actually really nice. Beautiful town center, and the night life is a lot of fun. Also, a lot of nature in and around the city (lakes, parks, etc...).

The Weihnachtsmarkt is based too
>>
>>76101893
This is why no one takes burgers seriously.
>>
File: Völki_fullsize.jpg (2MB, 3007x1951px) Image search: [Google]
Völki_fullsize.jpg
2MB, 3007x1951px
>>76093916
>>76103845
good lad, what are you doing here?
>>
>>76103553
Don't "what?" me when you know full well that they would never have won the Championship or the Premiership without the King Power takeover, you muppet

>>76103924
I'm not a burger though
>>
>>76102963
I didn't know they were called King Power Leicester though and I didn't know that there was also a King Power Brazil, King Power USA, and King Power Uruguay or that they took over a historic club to make King Power Wien. Leicester bought that title but it's absolutely nothing like Red Bull.
>>
>>76104121
nvm, that's City that bought Atletico Torque, but the point still stands about the other teams
>>
>>76087347
Cucked clubs like Vizekusen, Dirtmund, >Schalke,.... have long considered themselves as #2. Until now.

The mid and lower table clubs fans see that good scouting and decent investments could have pushed them into the European spots. In a weird defensive motion they're now crying about commercialization, when they've had their chance to use their millions to buy talents and not sell to Buyern at the first chance.
>>
File: city group.jpg (205KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
city group.jpg
205KB, 1500x500px
>>76093916
Literally this. Although I don't really care that they're bankrolled by RB because, like you say, there are already examples of such bankrolling in the Bundesliga (and in basically every fucking league in Europe)

>>76104121
That's true, I was just pointing out that Leicester were also purchased by a big company, who renamed the stadium (King Power Stadium) and emblazoned themselves on the shirts (and everything else).

As for a company renaming a club, indeed I don't know of such an example in Britain.

And as for a company buying clubs around the world, that is quite unique, I don't think that's happened before.

Perhaps the Man City Football Group is the closest thing, but obviously they didn't rename their teams to "Etihad Manchester City", "Etihad Melbourne City" etc.
>>
I love my Hamburgo
>>
>>76101893
This.

Salty Buyern fans are just worried that there's a new financial powerhouse in the Bundesliga
>>
>>76104784
this
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.