[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nashville: Officially a Hockey Town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

>"Nashville is a hockey town, so Canada was totally wrong"
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nashville-hockey-town-canada-totally-wrong-160047701.html

HIGHLIGHTS:
>"How completely, utterly wrong many in the Canadian media look for doubting this could ever happen."

>"How is it a city like Nashville is showing Calgary the right way to support hockey? How insulting to have an arena in a southern, non-traditional hockey market provide a better hockey experience for its fans and the city than a self-proclaimed hockey mecca."

I almost feel guilty. /hoc/ is all Canada ever had.
>>
>>76086028
I completely agree, I always feel bad when there are little to no Canadian teams left in the playoffs. Last year especially
>>
>>76086268
I guess they always have the Craptors
>>
Fuck Canada. The Sens game won't even be sold out tonight.
>>
>better hockey experience

if literally having cheerleaders to keep dumb fuck rednecks entertained during the game is a better hockey experience than canada has it WAY wrong.
>>
>>76086028
Fuck off granola-eaters
>>
>>76086479
I bet that if the flames made it, the tickets would save the city unironically
>>
>tfw predators were supposed to come to my town, Hamilton, but butthurt Toronto and Buffalo management were mad they would take some of their fanbase

BOOOOO
>>
the sunbelt was a mistake, now they're getting uppity
>>
>>76087013
>Subbelt
>Mistake

It's better to see a new market flourish. Some are total flops while others actually do feel like hockey towns (Tampa, Carolina, Nashville)
>>
File: 1451855875926.jpg (32KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1451855875926.jpg
32KB, 560x560px
>>76086028
>hockey town
>more hawks fans than preds fans at nashville games so they have to block hawks fans from buying tickets

http://www.101wkqx.com/2016/12/29/nashville-predadtors-dont-want-blackhawk-fans-money/
>>
>>76087032
don't talk to me you cock sucking faggot you can't even quote correctly
>>
>>76087003
Hamilton isn't that great to be fair. What's the point of going there? To get away from leaf fans?
>>
>>76086028
>literally the Seahawks of the NHL
cringe
>>
>>76087065
I leave there, and I wanted a team damnit. Also hamilton fans are passionate, it would totally be worth it for a team, the ticats have a ton of fans, and thats a shit tier football league.
>>
>>76087065
And when I say "come here" I mean the franchise was going to relocate in 2011 I believe.
>>
File: Attach12659_20170523_075440.jpg (81KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Attach12659_20170523_075440.jpg
81KB, 480x480px
>>76086028
>
>>
File: 1440019327246.jpg (116KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1440019327246.jpg
116KB, 499x499px
>>76087146
really activates my almonds
>>
>>76087156
to be fair, i didnt even know hockgay has offsides. its basically icesoccer with fightz. yawn
>>
>>76087066
>Seahawks of the NHL

these guys have actual fans from Tennessee to come to their games, and sold out all their games this year
>>
>>76087261
but do you claim to be a hockey "town"?
>>
I saw a Preds fan yesterday and l just lost it. Fucking smug prick. I was eating an outside lunch at this nice little restaurant. and he was sitting eating some fucking granola bar. Granola Bar. Typical fucking Prods fan. He was there with his stupid Prods fan wife who of course was eating a fucking granola bar too.

Jesus Christ I hate Preds fans so much.

I could tell he thought he was part of a real hockey town. He didn't say anything. but the way that stupid prick was chewing. Jesus Christ. He had a fucking Preds t-shirt on. I bet you he bought it at the team store like a fucking schmuck. He and the fucking stupid cashier probably had this big self-satisfactory exchange. "I'd like to buy a real hockey t-shirt with real hockey money please". I couldn't fucking believe this asshole. He just kept going at this fucking granola bar like he's king of the world.

I just tried to ignore that attention seeking asshat but he just kept at it. Every time I looked away he'd conveniently grab for his water or some fucking passive aggressive bullshit so that it would draw my eyes to him. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT I’M IN A REAL HOCKEY TOWN. Jesus.

You should have seen his wife. What a bitch. The waitress came by to ask them how their food was and she relayed how fucking satisfied she was in the most smug way possible. This fucking fake-politeness Preds fans put on is ridiculous.

Next thing I know that guy pulls out his phone and starts texting. Are you fucking shitting me? I bet he just had to text his stupid friend all about his fucking granola bar was almost as good as being in a real hockey town.

I couldn't fucking take it. l told that fucking idiot what a smug fucking retard he was. He was like 'dude what are you talking about' like he didn't fucking know what a prick he was. l fucking tackled him right there.

Staff called the cops on me as if l did anything wrong. They are actually going to fucking put me on trial for assault. Fucking Prods fans.
>>
>>76087307
You have fans show up and support the team
>>
why do some (((((teams)))) seriously have cheerleaders, all you need is a mascot in a fursuit
>>
>>76087522
Oilers did that and they got pissed at the cheerleaders. It depends on what you are going for
>>
>>76086512
>>76087313
can someone explain this to me
>>
>>76086028
There are no Southern furpuck fans
Only damn Yankees who have invaded
Fuck all of you
>>
>>76094668
unfunny forced meme by the assmad
>>
>>76094819
t. granola eater
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (923KB, 5000x972px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
923KB, 5000x972px
It's not a "hockey town", its just that the Predditors are doing well this playoffs.

Toronto and Montreal are classic "hockey towns", but both were eliminated in round one. Detroit is a hockey town but it's currently in one of its biggest troughs in modern times.

Notice all the jerseys in the crowd? These aren't t-shirts. That's a hockey town.
>>
meanwhile the last Canadian team left in the playoffs can't sell out their stadium

L M A O
>>
>>76086479
> it's real
> "muh national sport"

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/5/23/15681458/ottawa-senators-attendance-eugene-melnyk-canadian-tire-center-sellout-game-6
>>
>>76086509
This leaf is pretty mad.
>>
File: 1389226031167.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1389226031167.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>76087003
> predators were supposed to come to my town
> Hamilton

No love for the Sabres, leaf?
>>
>>76095112
>Canada mad the Stanley Cup isn't coming to Canada for another year
>>
>>76087261
Average Nashville fan
>>
>>76087540
WTF
Why not cheerleaders jiggling and ice bunnies to clear the ice... and beer waitresses with big titties. This is what I hope for in Vegas.
>>
>be from North Carolina
>never give a shit about Hockey till the Canes in the Stanley Cup Finals
>"holy shit they won!"
>five years later no one in the rest of NC, and very few in Raleigh even give a shit

Nashville will be the same. Some will stick around, but in 5 years if they aren't perennial Cup contenders the only team anyone will give a shit about in that state will be the Titans again
>>
>>76087046
They were buying up tickets meant for Nashville fans and being assholes (as Reddithawks are known to be) so they kept the red out and then went on to sell out every game to Smashville fans since.
>>
>>76095112
Enjoy rebuying them all again when the jerseys switch to Adidas.
>>
>>76087299
Sounds like Seattle. What's your point?
>>
>>76087313
Pasta?
>>
nashville is the biggest "wannabe" southern town. like literal wannabe carpetbaggers with the music and culture and such, so its no surprise theyd be all in on a northern thing like hockey, especially if the team is successful. but like everything, never a 'true' anything town until you see the crowd care even when they are losing.
>>
Ottawa isn't a real city is it? Just a made up city made up of people from other places. No mistake there would be no civic pride in that kinda thing.
>>
>>76097524
It's a bunch of small towns cobbled together around the largest which had a lumber mill and military barracks. Then Queen Victoria decided that main town should be the capital of Canada because she liked a painting she saw of the Ottawa river and it was further from the US border than Quebec City or Toronto. Not much to be proud of history-wise. It's a boring city full of boring government people and their over-entitled offspring but It's packed with green-space for a comfy feel and the surrounding countryside and particularly the crown land wilderness to the northwest and north into Quebec is legit.
The empty seats are rough to see, I think it's a combination of local companies buying entire rows of seats to distribute internally as incentives to people wealthy enough to just buy their own seats if they want to go, and people being lazy about the shitty drive out to CTC and parking now that it's getting more likely that a new arena will be built downtown. Neither are good excuses though so chalk it up to honest folk of true integrity being a rarity in any government town.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.