[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Mexican the best boxers in the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: Julio.jpg (29KB, 275x339px) Image search: [Google]
Julio.jpg
29KB, 275x339px
I honestly think Mexican Boxers are the best in the world, theyre tough, they have heart and they can take a punch.

If you dont think they are tell me why.
>>
>>76079180
They are manlets
>>
great thread as usual Japan, very in-depth analysis with lots of interesting data sets, try posting it here instead to spark discussion
>>76043169
>>
File: gy.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
gy.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>76079180
It has to do with opinion and what you value in the sport. My favorite boxer is Juan Manuel Marquez but I admire Floyd because of his master defense skills; Guillermo Rigondeaux (Cuba) is for me the top P4P, he defeated prime Nonito (Philipines) with masterful class as well; I would provide the following scheme:
>Mexico:
Spectacle +++++
Defense +++
Speed ++++
Punch ++++
Technique ++++
(See Juan Manuel Marquez, Orlando Siri Salido, Carlos Cuadras, Canelo Alvarez)

>USA branch 1:
Spectacle ++
Defense +++++
Speed ++++++
Punch +++
Technique +++++
(See Floyd Mayweather, Andre Ward, Demetrius Andrade)

>USA branch 2:
Spectacle ++++
Defense +++
Speed +++++
Punch +++++
Technique +++
(See Keith Thurman, Errol Spence Jr, Charlo brothers, et. al)

>Cuba:
Spectacle +
Defense +++++
Speed +++++
Punch ++
Technique +++++
(See Guillermo Rigondeaux, Erislandy Lara, Yurorkis Gamboa [prime])

Japan:
Spectacle +++
Defense +++
Speed ++++
Punch ++
Technique +++
(See Takashi Miura, Takashi Uchiyama, Naoya Inoue, et al.)

>UK:
Spectacle +++
Defense ++
Speed +++
Punch +++
Technique ++
(See George Groves, Kell Brook, James De Gale, Anthony Crolla, Frankie Gavin, et. al).

Of course this is justmy opinion, there are always those who break the rule:
>See Manny Pacquiao, Amir Khan, Naseem Hamed, Ricardo López, Gennady Golovkin.
>>
>>76079202
>linking to a general
>suggesting the usage of a general
>posting in a general
KYS
>>
>>76079200

FPBP

The best Mexicans would get launched into orbit if they were forced to face competition that are man-sized.
>>
>>76079180
no
>>
File: IMG_2228.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2228.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>76079324

The WBO super middleweight champion is Mexican...

OP the Mexicans usually are very exciting to watch, because of their aggresive style.
>>
>>76079180
A jap posting an image of chavez, wew la'
el finito > julio cesar
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (39KB, 660x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
39KB, 660x1024px
>>76079180
No black boxers are the best boxers/athletes
>>
>>76079180
Best or most entertaining?

Per head of population there's no doubt Cuba is the best boxing nation in the world by a country mile.
>>
File: sergio martinez crown.jpg (33KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
sergio martinez crown.jpg
33KB, 660x371px
>>76079180
>If you dont think they are tell me why.

They've never had a world-beater above welterweight.
>>
File: Resized-Salvador_Sanchez.jpg (38KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
Resized-Salvador_Sanchez.jpg
38KB, 400x538px
>>76079180
Was he the best ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCe6dPQlG0U
>>
>>76080020

No. Duran is the GOAT. Anyone that really knows about the fight game will agree
>>
>>76080079
duran was not mexican you bum
>>
>>76079180
In pound for pound rankings non Americans always suffer. There is a huge amount of great South American fighters with amazing records, but they always pick Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Harry Grebb, and Ali.
>>
Duran is Panamanian
>>
>>76079180
Name one great Mexican HW.
I'll wait.
>>
>>76080109
Great records don't mean much if you don't beat the best. You'd hear almost everyone put Duran in an all time top 10 p4p despite not being American because he beat everyone.
>>
>>76080121
John L Sullivan, Jimmy Wilde, and Stanley Ketchel owe most of their wins to inexperienced guys, look how many guys they fought on their debut, they're high ranckers and the only reason is cuz they were American or British
>>
>>76080156
Nobody today who isn't a monstrous tryhard seriously includes anyone with no footage of their fights. If they do you can instantly discount their opinion.
>>
>>76079180
Given they are the only country in the world that actually care with boxing, yea fâm
>>
>>76080159
Try Bert Sugar, guys dead but is still cited as an expert ranker
>>
>>76080173
It's huge in Japan, the UK, Russia, Ukraine and Cuba lad. The US still has a huge scene too despite it not being as big as it was, the 2 biggest PPVs of this year in America will likely both be boxing, the 3 biggest if McGregor Mayweather actually happens though I still doubt it.
>>
>>76080186
Bert Sugar is a full on meme in /box/ because he ranked some of those guys seriously.
>>
>>76080084
He was half.
>>
File: IMG_2062.gif (990KB, 250x148px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2062.gif
990KB, 250x148px
>>
>>76080194
The only boxing Japan likes is in anime
>>
>>76080287
Could have counted wrong but I just had a scan though the champions and I think they're the country with the most at the moment with 9. Their shows generally get around 7-10m viewers when they're on too, last wekeend's got 10m. Big shit over there
>>
Boxing (and all other pugilism sports) should only have one category: Heavyweight

Having categories for manlets where Mexicans excell is like having a basketball league for people shorter than 180cm because it "isn't fair" to play against +210cm guys
>>
>>76080306
Football should only have one super league with 20 teams in Europe where all the best players are forced to go and we just cancel every other league around the world. Why the fuck should any other non-country with shit players be allowed to have a league """""champion"""""
>>
>>76080327
South America is literally and objectivelly better at football, if anything we should let Euros out
>>
>>76080354
You get the point though, even if one team is objectively nowhere near the best if you took every team in the world you can still get invested in watching it and seeing them become champion.
>>
>>76080364
Wait, you quoted my first post by mistake or just wanted to make a comparison between this an my post?
>>
>>76080379
A comparison, if you get rid of all sport which isn't the objective best there's a lot less to be interested in.

OP's post wasn't very clear in any case, if he means p4p best across all weight classes per head of population the answer is no because Cuba is better. If he means overall most champions the answer is no because Japan has more, if he means which country has the most boxers who could beat the most other boxers of any weight class the answer is also no because the UK has the best heavyweights at the moment. There is perhaps an argument for Mexicans being the best to watch though.
>>
>>76080306
but tyson and roy jones are both 1.78 and 1.80 respectively and they didn't have any trouble beating people significantly taller
>>
>>76080421
That's my point, manlets shouldn't have handicap, they just should get muscular like Tyson

>>76080400
Just saying all boxers should play in the same category
>>
>>76080400
Since he chose JC Chavez as his thumbnail, I assume he means the best p4p of all time, because Americans are always at the top of the rankings written by two bit journalists and senile old guys.
>>
>>76080436
It's common knowledge that styles make fights, some lighter dudes could fare well against heavyweights, but it's stupid to imagine them all in the same category, cuz the conflicting styles and huge number of contenders would mean that you'd always have the title changing hands, and it would suck to watch.
>>
Only a total boxing pleb would want Al fighters in the same weight class.

How are you gonna enjoy a battle of skill when one guy massively outweighs another guy?
>>
There are plenty of situations where the lighter guy comes out on top, he just needs to be a better boxer, if you have two sluggers the bigger stronger one will generally win. De La Hoya outweighed Mayweather by 20 lbs. Valueve gave away 7 stone against Haye. Billy Conn if he hadn't been so stupid and gone for a knockout would have outboxed Joe Louis, and weighed 36 lbs lighter.
>>
>>76081398
No mexican fighter who has ever existed would beat a current heavyweight champion though.
>>
>>76080354
>World Cup won by South American nations: 9
>World Cup won by Europe: 11

>Objectivelly better
>>
File: davidtua.jpg (7KB, 173x291px) Image search: [Google]
davidtua.jpg
7KB, 173x291px
>>76079180
They are not as tough as hearty kiwis
>>
>>76079180

Hmm best in the world

Best Heavyweight: British
Best Crusierweight: Ukrainian
Best Light Heavyweight: American
Best Super Middleweight: British
Best Middleweight: Kazakhstani
Best Super Welterweight: American
Best Welterweight: Filipino
Best Super Lightweight: American
Best Lightweight: American
Best Super Featherweight: Ukrainian
Best Featherweight: British
Best Super Bantamweight: Cuban
Best Bantamweight: Japanese
Best Super Flyweight: Nicaraguan
Best Flyweight: Japanese
Best Light Flyweight: Japanese
Best Minimumweight: Thai
>>
Mayweather
RJJ
Sweet Pea
SRL
Ali
SRR
Louis
Johnson

The nigs have it won easily. Mexicans don't even have a top 10 atg.
>>
>>76081505
Mexicans are usually sluggers so that comes back too my previous point.
>>
>>76080306

watch heavyweight boxing outside of Klitshcko v Joshua and you'll revise that opinion
>>
>>76081670
You should just replace all the nationalities and say black instead
>>
>>76081670
He's probably taking about all time greats, plus if you think that ward is a better light heavyweight than kovalev, or that there is a better super welterweight than canelo, than you probably just looked up who was the current title holder rather than actually give this any thought or solid research
>>
>>76081947

Canelo is a middleweight, he's just fought at 164. Ward is going to out box Kov in 3 weeks and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
>>
>>76081715
You're just picking and choosing famous black champions, Johnson is ancient history, he doesn't belong in a p4p GOAT list. He has political and historical value, and was the best of his era but would have lost against a prime Dempsey or any other champion that came after him
>>
>>76081900

Only 4 of those are black. 5 if you count Ward.
>>
>>76079180
>"Hey puta, let's have a mucha grande fight amigo!"
Ok.
>"But we have to fight in Meheeco Seety in an open stadium. At noon. In July."
That seems like it's designed to fuck over any white fighters unfortunate to have to take part.
>"Ay ay ay, don't be a churo, my negrito!"
>>
>>76079180
Are there any GOAT Mexican boxers? Like who is the Pele/Maradona/Messi of boxing?
>>
>>76082620
In boxing that's a really hard question to answer because its golden age was really before TV existed so it's a lot of people spouting opinions about guys they've never seen fight. So far as fighters you can actually watch though Muhammad Ali is the Pele equivalent, Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran the Maradona equivalent and Floyd Mayweather the Messi equivalent.
>>
>>76082716
No Rocky Marciano or Tyson?
>>
>>76081670
>Best Heavyweight: British
okay
>Best Crusierweight: Ukrainian
definitely
>Best Light Heavyweight: American
Ward lost desu, it's Kovalev
>Best Super Middleweight: British
sure
>Best Middleweight: Kazakhstani
definitely
>Best Super Welterweight: American
agree
>Best Welterweight: Filipino
Thurman is much better than an over the hill Pac
>Best Super Lightweight: American
yup
>Best Lightweight: American
yup
>Best Super Featherweight: Ukrainian
yup
>Best Featherweight: British
desu probably Loma here too
>Best Super Bantamweight: Cuban
agree
>Best Bantamweight: Japanese
true
>Best Super Flyweight: Nicaraguan
yup
>Best Flyweight: Japanese
yup
>Best Light Flyweight: Japanese
yup
>Best Minimumweight: Thai
based Freshmart
>>
>>76080306
this is indeed true
>>
>>76082818
both are memes, Marciano was unlucky and was born in an era in which there was nobody to really contend with, Tyson lost to every great fighter he fought
>>
>>76081670
>>76082829
Inoue is the best super flyweight. Gonzalez is done.
>>
Yeah over 250 boxing world champions, can't prove you wrong...
>>
>>76080194
>huge
I wouldn't go that far

It's also a sport played only by complete retards. Only places where it can be huge are third world shitholes like Nicaragua
>>
>>76083056
Almost everyone I know watched the recent heavyweight title fight in the UK, it did over 1.5m buys here alone, which would be the PPV record for America last year let alone here, and last weekend's card in Japan drew 10m viewers.

The US it's obviously nowhere near that scale, but purely for the amount of money there the US scene is still important.
>>
>>76083056
It's not that big in here either, the big fights are mostly an excuse to hit sportbars and get drunker than usual, if it isn't a Vegas event or a Gonzalez fight no one really cares
>>
>>76079242
>Frankie Gavin
why would you even mention him senpai
>>
Cubans are way better, Mexicans won't even fight them
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.