[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I face legal action from hurting someone in open hockey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cwI2-u1x.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cwI2-u1x.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
Can I face legal action from hurting someone in open hockey?

We sign waivers before playing, some 19 year old wanna be Crosby was showing people up so I boarded him, well it was questionable but whatever. Anyway he was down for awhile and finally got helped off, I think he eventually called the ambulance. Anyway the rink manager told me to stay away for a few weeks until a verdict is reached.
>>
You can get sued for anything. But unless it was extremely violent, probably not.
>>
>>76065079
good makes me feel a bit better
>>
>>76065066
Yes you can, they sued zaza for hurting Kawhi's ankle a few days ago. But I doubt you'll be in trouble
>>
>>76065066

Unless you threw a punch or swung your stick at him there's literally no chance you'll get in legal trouble.
>>
>>76065138
thanks
>>
>>76065142
>>76065138
>>76065096
>>76065079
the fuck are you guys talking about.
of course you can be. you can be sued civilly by the guy outright.
he goes to the rink? the rink wants to limit their exposure? they sue you.
even criminally if it was blatantly unwarranted or dangerous or really anything else that would qualify it as assault would get you charged with a crime.
professional sports players have been charged with assault before.
the fuck makes you think a waiver produced by the ice rink or league protects you? it protects them from liability.
you retain all liability from your actions. and if youre an asshole putting people into the boards or laying people out on the ice for no reason or with demonstrable malice you can and should be sued you fucking asshole.

I know a mexican league guy who threatened to call the cops on the other teams player because he fucking blatantly slid into this guys ankle to hurt him. broke the dudes ankle. they made a deal to pay for his medical bills if he wouldn't call the cops. dude never paid. mexican guy tracked him down through the league paperwork and sued him in civil court for like A LOT of money. dude shoulda just paid up. but fuck him he was out there harming people in a fucking rec league.
>>
File: 1476820788830.png (38KB, 600x621px) Image search: [Google]
1476820788830.png
38KB, 600x621px
Just claim there was no intent. There is no way they can prove it.

Just like based Hildawg
>>
>>76065222
LOCK HER UP
>>
If a hockey player sues another hockey player by doing something that can happen in hockey then the guy doing the suing is a massive pussy and needs to suck it up
>>
What state? This will be the deciding factor.
>>
>>76065241
NJ...
>>
>>76065222
>those trips
SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>76065244
>the state where you're so cucked you can't even pump your own gas

Yep. You're fucked.
>>
>>76065260
lol I used to pump gas as a job
>>
>>76065066
Does the competition/rink have insurance in case of injury?
>>
>>76065375
yes
>>
>>76065378
You just won. Did you make any retarded statement to ANYONE after the injury? Anything which could be held against you in court? No? You're fine?

Yes? Does said player have money for a lawyer? No? You're fine. Yes? You're fine. The amount it'll end up costing him for a solid lawyer won't even be worth the settlement.
>>
>>76065260
>>76065270
This is still a thing?
>>
>>76065421
You are a fucking moron. Please don't talk about how personal injury claims work, cause you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
If the rink has insurance, and you signed a waiver to play then you most likely can't sue the rink as any competent waiver won't allow it.
The player that OP injured because OP is a complete pussy and can't handle someone being better at a sport than him can sue.
>hurt, a lawyer is expensive
No. Personal injury claims that lawyers take on do not cost anything up front. You pay a percentage of the settlement as your lawyers fee.
>hurrr I have nothing you can sue me for
I'll bet OP still lives with his parents. His parents most likely own their home and you can actually sue the parents homeowners insurance. It sounds fucking retarded bit in most states it's true.

t. Lawfag
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.