[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trades/signing that were supposed to help teams but really ruined them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: change.jpg (35KB, 696x423px) Image search: [Google]
change.jpg
35KB, 696x423px
>Melo to the Knicks
>>
>Melo to any team
>>
>Cutler to the Bears

>Nash to the Lakers
>>
Weren't the Knicks garbage before Melo added his cancer though?
>>
>>76032898
kind of

but he somehow made them much worse
>>
>>76032898
Nah the Knicks were actually a pretty decent team anon they had a very good squad.

Then Knicks decided to blow up that entire squad to acquire Melo and that turned to shit

>>76032880
Still to this day my Lakeys are still suffering from that Nash trade :'(

Too bad Dsoft was a scared little bitch and Nash was just too damn old.
>>
>>76032993
>Nah the Knicks were actually a pretty decent team anon they had a very good squad

Lol no they werent they were awful for a decade until he joined then they made they playoffs 3 straight yrs and had 1 actually good season.

Definitely wouldn't want melo on my team but to say the Knicks wouldn't be shit without him is almost certainly false
>>
>>76033161
The Knicks had D'Antoni and Stoudemire with Wilson Chandler and Gallanari running up and down the court. Melo could have easily waited until the offseason, but nah, decided to trade everything and end D'Antoni's tenure because they weren't gonna run his system with Melo around. They weren't ever gonna win a championship with D'Antoni, but it would have been a lot easier to build towards a contender with a full roster.
>>
>>76032810
Nash to lakers
>>
I would say Peirce and Garnett to the Nets for 5 billion unprotected 1st round picks, but that was obviously a retarded trade when it happened.

The league should have fucking blocked that bullshit. The Nets owner was probably taking money under the table to agree to that collosal shit trade.
>>
>>76032880
Cutler to the Bears didn't ruin them, the defense getting old ruined them.
>>
>>76032810
suarez to barca
>>
durant to golden state
>>
>>76033405
The wanted a ship so bad they literally gave their left nut trying to win it.
>>
>>76032810
Dwight Howard to the Lakers
Ravens extending Flacco
Pablo Sandoval to the red sox
>>
>>76035443
Vin Baker for a rightfully disgruntled Shawn Kemp. Vin was so bad in Seattle, it's hard to describe.
>>
>Patrick eaves to the ducks
>Lazar to the flames
>Yanshin deal to isles
>Weber to Montreal
>Bishop to the kings

All failed
>>
>>76035861
Lazar is unproven and Eaves has been fine this playoffs.
>>
File: pippen sonics.jpg (24KB, 539x349px) Image search: [Google]
pippen sonics.jpg
24KB, 539x349px
>>76035609
There are other bad Sonics trades, but that was probably the worst.

The Sonics trading Pippen to the Bulls

It not only didn't work out, but would ultimately be the reason they lost the finals in 1996 and helped launch a Dynasty in Chicago.

The Ray Allen trade was terrible too. I know they were tanking so they could speed up the relocation process, but Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis could have accomplished big things with the right support.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.