[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>im a Big Baller >sells only 300 pairs of shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: 1447733436263.jpg (16KB, 323x233px) Image search: [Google]
1447733436263.jpg
16KB, 323x233px
>im a Big Baller
>sells only 300 pairs of shoes
>>
why would anyone buy shoes of some lad that hasn't played a single NBA minute? what if the kid doesn't stand the pressure and ends up playing in china in 2 years
>>
>>76002350
>IMPLYING
Ballers buy, you dolt. Selling is secondary. If you don't have those shoes, you're not a big baller.
>>
>>76002363
Jimmer Fredette did that and now he's a literal deity over there
>>
>300*500=$150k
>>
>>76002363
Literally for real life trolling, bait, and shitposting. Not kidding.
>>
>>76002402
In other words, to "pretend" to be retarded
>>
>>76002363

t. micro baller.
>>
>>76002378
wow, monkeys can do math now
>>>/sp/hoc
>>
>>76002350
stay in yo lane for sure
>>
>>76002411
Yes
You spend $50+ for that 3% chance somebody smirks and that 1% chance that somebody comes up and shitposts with you
>>
>>76002363
Having an OG signed pair before the kid gets drafted and potentially blows up would be worth a lot, especially if he goes to the Lakers and the Ball family is smart enough to discontinue the original shoes and release a new line post draft.

The ones sold now will effectively be limited editions and if Lonzo and the Lakers do reasonably well, then BBB is poised to skyrocket. Profit margins are fucking huge and Lakers fans are rich and loyal. Everyone in the media is going to be on their knees this time next year if the Lakers take Lonzo and go to the playoffs.
>>
>>76002469
It's the 21st century, you don't make money with basketball shoes anymore, the market is too big

Also, the chances of this skinny mulatto turning into the next MJ are next to 0
>>
>>76002469
Those shoes will NEVER fucking ever be worth $1000. Let's just say this kid absolutely hits his fucking PEAK: Chris Paul
Who the fuck would pay $1000 for Chris Paul autographed shoes not at a charity event for dying kids?
>>
>>76002500
>you don't make money with basketball shoes anymore
Visit the US.
Also it doesn't matter if he's the next MJ. All he needs is star power and his shoes will sell. For example, people buy Melos and Melo is nowhere near being the best player in the league. He has a loyal fan base and star power.
Lonzo gets that much, and his shoes will sell.
>>
>>76002525
Let's be real, this kid's peak is Jason Williams.
>>
>>76002500
You can still make a tidy profit off shoes, especially limited runs and signed memorabilia. He's not gonna be mj but even if he ends up being Rubio with a jumper, just him being in LA will make it worth a fuck ton if they have some success
>>
>>76002525
Fans who are loyal to a good player and impressionable suburban kids who want to be able to stunt on their classmates and say they have the newest or most expensive items in class.
>>
>>76002559
>>76002578
Yeah, I forgot how stupid Americans were

You are capable of everything
>>
>>76002411
>>76002363
It's shitposting memorabilia. You can always look at your ZO2s and remember the time you spend $500 just to make people laugh on a Cambodian knitting Q&A.

Also, on the off-chance Lonzo actually becomes really fucking good in the NBA and BBB takes off, those shoes could actually be worth a lot years from now.
>>
>people don't understand shoes can be valuable investments like stocks and art

pleb lyfe ITT
>>
>>76002363
Either way if the booms of busts his shoes price will triple at least
>>
>>76002670
i wonder if this is what africa americans really think

it doest seen to be working for them
>>
>>76002500
>you don't make money
>the market is too big

I hope you're not this fucking stupid
>>
>>76002721
I mean, you aren't the first one who thought about making money out of this

When many people "invest" in some shit that doesn't have any value now but could have in the future, it never gets to have any value

You can make money with some shoes from the 60s, because no one bought them back then, and because their quality was shit so it's hard to keep them
>>
>>76002500
You make money when you can sell them for 500 while your competition sells better ones for a 5th of that price. The profit margins on BBB gear is ridiculous.
>>
>>76002670
>investment
>$500
>a pair of sneakers
lmao
>>
>>76002763
>look mom i made 200k selling shoes, while nike only offered 10M a year to do a deal
>>
>>76002751
re-read the post you replied to.

the guy said if he's smart they discontinue the OG Lonzo signed lined right after he gets drafted. Even if half of everyone that bought a pair had this exact mindset 10 years from now there would be a couple hundred pairs in existence.
>>
>>76002670
Shoes are not stocks you mouthbreathing retard. Literally baseball-card-tier except those are actually a cheap buy in.
>>
>>76002500
Get a load of this small baller
>>
>>76002597
Black Americans*
>>
>>76002850
I'm just saying: you aren't a genius

If they sold only 300 pairs it doesn't mean the 300 who bought them are going to be rich, it means they are shit and no one cares about them

If you find a dog turd, which is unique, doesn't mean it will sell for thousands just because other people don't have it
>>
>>76002751
>When many people "invest" in some shit that doesn't have any value now but could have in the future, it never gets to have any value

confirmed for having literally no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>76002900
holy shit you are so thick. No one cares about them cause he's still a nobody. If hypothetically a couple hundred pairs of these shoes sell and then they stop making them, and 10 years from now lonzo is a perrenial all-star, these shoes will be worth a lot more than they are now. You don't have to be a fucking economist to realize this.
>>
>>76002842
>doesn't understand the concept of investing
>>
>>76003003
Wanna invest in my shoes? They are 2k a pair but it's a limited edition, only 1 pair so far for sale

If I become famous you can earn millions
>>
>>76002796
Yeah, and a Yugo is a car. What's your point?
>>
>>76003003
its only a good investment if it pays off

BBB will never pay more than a deal with Nike
>>
>>76003032
Sure, but first answer me this. What are you going to become famous in and what are your odds of continued success once you make it there?
>>
>>76003048
You got scammed, LaSha'Quan
>>
>"I told him he was going to go to the Lakers. I'm gonna speak it into existence," LaVar boomed. "Boston's going to take their Markelle Fultz; he's a good player. I think he fits best with Boston. But you can't bring him to L.A., he ain't ready for this. Only one person's ready for this: It's that Ball boy."

what in the everloving fuck will happen if they don't pick lonzo
>>
>>76003032
Are you going to be the second pick in the NBA draft?
>>
>>76003061
>>76003084
Bigger risk, bigger profit

Imagine shitposting becoming a professional sport in a few years, you'd own an historical item
>>
is investing in shoes the smallest baller thing on earth?

>guys i have $2,000 worth of shoes and maybe they are worth $4,000 now
>>
>>76003059
That depends, honestly. What percentage cut was Nike going to give him on the shoe? How hard was Nike going to advertise, and would it be comparable to the free media circus he's getting now? If they were going to offer him 10M year to year, but his family could instead go their own route and retain majority profit share, it looks like they may have made the right decision depending on if Lonzo performs well. Everyone definitely knows what BBB is now, and at this point it's up to Lonzo to craft his NBA stardom. If he goes to the playoffs next season, his family made the right decision.
>>
>>76002899
Basketball Americans*
>>
>>76002372
>you now remember Jimmer Fredette
>>
>>76003105
The difference is that Basketball is a big sport now, and I'm betting on success of an item in a market that exists. You are suggesting I bet on a niche player in a non-existent market.
The two situations are not comparable.
>>
>>76003075
If Lakers don't take him, he'll probably fall to either the Mavs or Knicks. Those are the only two other teams capable of dealing with that circus.
>>
>>76003075

I want to see Bombston pick Ball for the shitfest that will follow.
>>
>>76003189
They won't. Fultz is a better prospect, and obviously way fucking safer. It's either Lakers, or in the almost impossible scenario they skip on him, Knicks or Mavs for Lonzo. The small market teams will 100% stay away from him
>>
>>76003075
I want Lakers to pass on him just for the keks
>>
>>76002531
>For example, people buy Melos

They do?
>>
i know dick size obviously isn't a measureable at the combine but if i was a GM i would wanna know and not for like any gay sexual reason but if i had two prospects equally graded and we couldnt make a decision if one of them was rockin some fucking riot baton in their pants i'd take that nigga
>>
>>76003131
It's really no different than investing in art honestly. The value of paintings and shoes has everything to do with who's backing the brand or doing the painting.
>>
>>76003460
Yeah his shoes made $30 million for Nike in 2014. They aren't as big as Jordans or Lebrons, but people still buy them despite Melo not being the best in the league. It's about star power and fan loyalty, not how good a player is. So if Lonzo goes to the Lakers and performs decently, then BBB is going to profit.
>>
>>76003674
Sauce on melo sales
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/03/18/lebron-james-is-nbas-top-shoe-salesman-with-340-million-for-nike-in-2014/amp/
>>
>>76002946

Those are way too many ifs for me to gamble 500 dollars on a pair of shoes. If it was fultz starting his own shoe "maybe" it would be worth the gamble
>>
>>76002350
We have a HATE-ER in our midst Big Ballers
>>
File: Screencap_2017-5-18.jpg (146KB, 750x888px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap_2017-5-18.jpg
146KB, 750x888px
>tfw 1 of the 300

FEELS BIG, BALLERS
>>
>>76002421
you could learn a thing or two
>>
>>76004633
UH OH WELCOME TO BIG BALLER ZONE
>>
>>76004633
>size 11
>big baller
Nice try, but those ZO2's definitely upgraded you from small baller to medium baller.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.