[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so disrespectful about flipping a bat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 09743137.jpg (1MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
09743137.jpg
1MB, 3600x2400px
What's so disrespectful about flipping a bat?
>>
it's hotdogging
>>
I still don't get the reason to clear benches over this shit.
>>
>rags
>>
File: 1484362137750.png (276KB, 795x838px) Image search: [Google]
1484362137750.png
276KB, 795x838px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61spAt92APc&t=121s
>i'll always remeber the insanity of watching this
It's only bad when tough guys baseball players see it happen against them otherwise they it's okay
>>
>>75980679
I think it was the fact that there was the quick pitch before to end the inning. Then he hit it and stared at the pitcher and threw the bat.

Then he looked at the bat after he flipped it as if to say, "Hm. That was a pretty good flip. Got some good air time on that."

Then he ran around the bases slowly. Then he had some words for the catcher.
>>
Whiny bitch boi players get there feels hurt. Can't play in the rain either.
>>
>>75980715
It seemed like the first based was talking to him about it first. What's wrong with players showing a bit of personality?
>>
>>75980715

Bautista's out of his mind to try to start shit in that situation. That solo homer brought the team's deficit down from 5 to 4 and his own average up to .208. No need to get butthurt and empty the dugouts over it but damn does he look dumb as hell for his trademark wank in those circumstances
>>
It violates unwritten rules. Which is why no self-respecting person under the age of 65 follows baseball.
>>
>>75980528
It's poor "sportsmanship" and pointless showboating, but the real problem was when he walked around the bases, talked shit to the rays catcher and tried to stare down their pitcher, all when his team was still losing by five runs and he was batting subpar. Imagine if a homeless man starting insulting you as you walked past, only to have you look over and see him smearing shit all over himself while getting pounded in the ass. That homeless man is Jose "The Austistic Diva" Bautista, and he's an embarrassment for his team. I hope he doesn't have a contract next year.
>>
complaining about the unwritten rules is way worse than the unwritten rules at this point

you want to know what makes a bat flip cool?

the fact that it pisses the pitcher off

take that away and it's nothing
>>
>>75980755
^this

Please, big strong old angry white boomers, please allow boreball players to show some emotions ffs
Or suffer your sweet sweet childhood memories favourite sport to die with you
>>
>>75981332
>>75980755
The make baseball fun argument is as stupid as the unwritten rules argument.
>>
>>75981351
It's the same problem than in NFL. Old angry white men despise celebrations so there are written rules against them.
That's why NFL ratings dipped when Kaepernick did his kneeling thing, literally giving the finger to the old angry white males who watch and cherish football.
>>
>>75981375
yea I'm sure trading beanballs and brawling is just terrible for MLB ratings
>>
>>75980528
someone give me a quick rundown on this
>>
>>75981385
I know this is Salon but the article is intredasting nonetheless. Why US sports customers despise players showing passion?

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/14/why_soccer_will_never_come_home_to_the_u_s/
>>
>>75981414
basically showboating after a home run is taken as an insult by the pitcher, so he might throw a ball at the batter the next at bat

>>75981422
I read a few paragraphs and that article is complete horseshit.

>fighting is ok in hockey because they're white but not in basketball because they're black

no surprise the rest of the writer's ouvre is complaining about racism
>>
>>75981443
Are celebrations after doing something good in american sports frowned upon or something?
>>
>>75981470
not really, it's just in this particular case it's seen by some pitchers as an insult

it's also a topic that gets way more coverage than it actually warrants because it's easier to talk about that than what's actually happening in the sport

ESPN does the same thing where they don't cover hockey but still run a bunch of opinion pieces every year about how the NHL needs to ban fighting
>>
>>75980714
>players slapping the ass of the guy after he hit a home run
Why are American sports so gay
>>
>>75980714

>Neither of these disappointing shit teams, nor the Kansas City Royals, have a chance of sniffing the playoffs this season.

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>75980528
Nothing.

So long as you've actually accomplished something in your career no one cares. It's when someone does it after doing literally nothing that players get mad about.
>>
It's disrespectful spic baseball. Baseball is not about flash, it's about tradition and sportsmanship. Hit the ball and pace around the bases.

These island monkeys are ruining the sport
>>
>>75981470
Baseball isnt a nigger sport yet, so acting like a monkey is still frowned upon.

Throwing the bat is essentially saying "get that shit out of here." If you wouldn't say that to the pitcher's face then you shouldn't throw the bat because that's what you're saying.
>>
>>75980736
Baseball is filled with ancient, "unwritten words" which is why I can never take this sport seriously

The MLB is like one giant, weird fraternity at this point with all kinds of gay rules
>>
>>75980755
if tradition and respect are the kinds of things that turn you away from a sport, then the problem is with you. i'm 26 years old by the way.
>>
>>75980528
Because it was a batflip when they were still down by 4. It's like celebrating a half court shot with 1 second left but still beign down by 10
>>
>>75981422
>Why US sports customers despise players showing passion?

Are you really using fucking Salon to talk about sports? That's like ESPN talking about politics. The fans don't have a problem with players showing passion.
>>
File: LOOK OUT HE'S GOT A BAT.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK OUT HE'S GOT A BAT.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>75983671
>baseball is not about flash

That's just how most people in the US, Canada, Japan, and Taiwan treat it, it's not a hard and fast rule for all of baseball. For Dominicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and Venezuelans, it is about flash.
>>
>>75981422
>"called a thug and other racial slurs"
KEK did you really just link this article you abject failure?
>>
>>75983912
baseball originated in the united states so we make the rules, monkey boy.
>>
>>75981538
>his "sports" doesnt do that
Kek, no wonder nobody watchs them
>>
>>75981538
it stimulates the desire to win something austrailia should try to do once and a while
>>
Bat flips, staring at your homerun, staring at the pitcher after a home run, purposely slow trot around the bases after homerun, and excessive celebration. Should all be a suspendable offense
>>
>>75983671
Why do white people love boring shit?
>>
>>75981470
Excessive celebrating by league is frowed upon.

In baseball and Hockey after a run or goal they'll huddle and celebrate a little with high fives and shit (watch a video to see what I mean) but doing something like a dance or gesturing after a score looks arrogant and childish. In Hockey and Baseball you look like a weird and conceited shit if you were to do so, football less so but its just disrespectful. In basketball a single point is so meaningless that it would be absolutely absurd to celebrate one point.
>>
>>75981470
In baseball specifically, it's an unwritten rule between players and a long-standing tradition to not flip your bat after a HR. It's a leisurely paced gentleman's sport with little physical contact, so that makes sense.

In American football though, the vast majority of fans and players WANT celebrations to be allowed. It's just the league that has a stick in their ass about it. Excessive celebration is entirely appropriate for a sport like football.
>>
>>75981470
its less allowed when you piss off the guy throwing a ball at 90mph and then he aims it straight at your head next time

>>75983671
also this

can people not just do things for the love of competition anymore? instead they have to act like animals.
>>
>>75984438

This

It's one thing to celebrate with your team for a good play but always respect your opponent. Anything that can be considered an offense will be taken that way and then you ruin your reputation and look like an asshole. Unless your going for "le big bad tough guy boogeyman" maymay character
>>
>>75980714
>American "sports"
>>
File: Fire.png (45KB, 246x322px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
45KB, 246x322px
>>75980714
>epic
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.