[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intro to Hockey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1421.jpg (271KB, 1140x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1421.jpg
271KB, 1140x797px
Just watched the Pitt Ottawa game tonight and I am completely hooked. This is my first time watching a full hockey game and would like to learn more about the game.
Does anyone recommend any resources to learn about the history/ins and outs/ strategy/ etc. ?

Also are there any must see historical games on YouTube? I'm definitely watching the rest of the playoff series
>>
File: IMG_1422.jpg (130KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1422.jpg
130KB, 620x349px
I absolutely love how fast paced and brutal this game can be. I get a little overwhelmed trying to analyze the strategy of the players though.

>Huge fucking hit by phaneuf
>>
>>75945164
Watch live hockey and drink beer. Eventually you'll meet a friend who knows more about it than you do.
>>
Anybody have any classic games they recommend I watch on YouTube before I go to sleep?
>>
>>75945260
Thanks - I feel this sport would do really well with a shit ton of speed. I'll save the beer for football.
>>
>>75945164
important question:

where do you live?
>>
>>75945334
If you don't live in place with an NHL team, an AHL, ECHL, CHL, or any other semi-pro or minor team would work as well.
>>
>>75945334
Fuck off, hockey doesn't need junkies for fans
>>
>>75945268

The 2012 Pitt vs Flyers series was immensely entertaining for its physicality, hatred between teams, and complete lack of competent goaltending on both sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZ5Smp-fwc
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>75945773
thas rite
>>
Just lurk /hoc/ faggot
>>
File: Still Hurts.gif (4MB, 382x359px) Image search: [Google]
Still Hurts.gif
4MB, 382x359px
>>75945798
Still hurts
>>
>>75945164
2002 Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche
1997 Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche
1996 Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche

You get the idea.
>>
Your just sexually attracted to Pierre, but your afraid to acknowledge this fact. If you admit it, you'll be much better off.
>Between the ass with Pierre
>>
2014 stanley cup finals. All games
to me playoff hockey is the peak of sports.
>>
>>75946367
the kings were insanely fun to watch that playoff run, the first 3 of their series all going to game 7
>>
>>75945164
>worst game of these playoffs got you hooked
That's a good sign I guess?
>>
>>75948996
This. Ottawa plays absolutely shit tier hockey and its actually making the game seem worse than it is
>>
>Also are there any must see historical games on YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GOweggEurg
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.