[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The NL should adopt the designated hitter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: woofwooftip.jpg (378KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
woofwooftip.jpg
378KB, 1368x912px
>The NL should adopt the designated hitter
>>
it should
>>
File: tip.jpg (89KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
89KB, 651x720px
>false safety
>>
The AL should dispose of the dh rule.
>>
>position: designate hitter
>>
>>75851901

every position should bat

>B-b-b-but except the pitcher right? He's arm important
>We need to protect (((our))) pitcher's arm

The only reason is that your pitcher is trash at bat so you bring in a juiced up Latino (see: David Ortiz)
>>
>da deditated whammer is bad guyz cuz muh tradithziuns. Me like watch guy strike out
>>
File: fedora cat.png (301KB, 1023x686px) Image search: [Google]
fedora cat.png
301KB, 1023x686px
>>75851901
>shortstop
>>
I agree, the NL should have the DH. In fact, lets bring it to other sports.

Most centers are bad at foul shots, nobody wants to see 7 footers brick FTs, lets just have a designated shooter for all FTs, not just technicals.

And in the NFL, recievers are paid to catch, not run. Once a WR catches a pass, the play is stopped until the RB can take his place and continue the play, and does his real job as the runner. That's what people want to see, RB's run, and WRs catch.

And in hockey, nobody wants to see the best players not being allowed to play while they sit in the penalty box for committing penalties, its lame as hell. Just send another random guy in his place, and let the stars do what we want to see, play hockey.

It's unreasonable to expect modern athletes to have to contribute to all aspects of their sport in this modern, specialized society.
>>
AL originally brought in the DH gimmick because the junior circuit was struggling to keep fans. It worked to some degree (major circuit is still the dominant market) but isn't needed anymore.
>>
>>75854918
Paragraph sized saltiness
>>
File: 1432489711905.gif (2MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1432489711905.gif
2MB, 384x288px
>>75851901
>Read the netherlands should adopt the designated hitler
>>
The beautiful thing about baseball is that it has different rules, on different ball parks, yet being traditional. Stop trying to ruin this thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault_4.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_4.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>NL autists calling big strong American League fans fedora tippers
>>
Pitchers blasting one out of the park will never not be hilarious.

Pitchers batting also introduces another element of strategy...whether to substitute with an AB coming up, double switches, etc.

DH keeps fat roided monkeys who literally can't do anything else anymore but stand there and swing a bat employed longer. If not for DH they would've been put to pasture five years ago. Or lets players into the league who can't field a position from the start but can swing a strong bat.

DH was introduced as a marketing gimmick. That's literally all it is. No reason for it.
>>
>>75860020
on one hand, i agree.

on the other hand, i liked edgar.

>>75854918
football has designated kickers.

hockey has designated hitters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.