[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death of international basketball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dream_team.jpg (224KB, 1600x858px) Image search: [Google]
dream_team.jpg
224KB, 1600x858px
No thoughts on spee about this?

>FIBA wants to make qualifying rounds during the league for NTs for WC and Yuros and such.
>NBA said no way, no player is going
>Euroleague said the same
>National federations push their teams to let their players go
>Top 4 clubs in Spain are already saying they're not going to play the league next year
>According to FIBA rules, every league that behaves like this will be sanctioned
>FIBA tournaments will be, theorically, with no NBA or Euroleague players
>>
No one cares with FIBA bullshit. NBA is where it's at.
>>
It's all happy news by the way, hope the same happens at football
>>
>>75828220
>
>>
>>75828201
Isn't the Olympics the real Basketball WC?
>>
>>75828260
They're trying to get away from the Olympics because FIBA thinks they're at the same level as FIFA
>>
>>75828260
Yes, and this counts too. According to FIBA rules those who don't let their players go, won't play the Olympics neither.

Next Olympics final will be Uganda - Haiti.

But here the Yuro is quite significant, so that would be lost too.
>>
>>75828340
>According to FIBA rules those who don't let their players go, won't play the Olympics neither.
Do they even have the authority to do that? I'm sure that the NBA could make their own world cup with blackjack and hookers if they felt like it.
>>
File: sdsd.png (13KB, 729x186px) Image search: [Google]
sdsd.png
13KB, 729x186px
Even we have to go through this
Great group by the way
>>
The Olympics should be for amateur athletes only, I wanna see college kids play hard, and still winning by 5 to 10, not NBA stars blowing every country the fuck out by 40.

And nobody cares about FIBA, couldn't care less who plays in that tournament.
>>
>>75828628
You're not gonna watch a bunch of amateurs
And even if you did no one else will
>>
>>75828652
Except people do every March, the NCAA tournament gets great ratings.

Americans get behind our guys every olympics in every sport, why wouldn't they get behind an amateur basketball team?

Who wants to see Melo dominate some meaningless tournament again? Nobody.
>>
>>75828709
He's gotta win something
>>
>>75828709
No one really gave a damn about the basketball competition until the NBA players came
>>
>>75828744
Americans seem to care a lot about those olympics where the commies refballed the basketball gold medal.

But I think that Dream Teams aren't as good as they used to be, maybe it was that nobody wanted to go to Rio but it felt like a shitload of good players were pretending to be injured to avoid going.
>>
>>75828845
Muh zika
>>
File: Oro_Basquet_podio.jpg (72KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Oro_Basquet_podio.jpg
72KB, 650x366px
>>75828744
>>75828628

>Lebron james
>Tim Duncan (prime)
>Carmelo antony
>Allen Iverson

vs

>Ginobili and his amateurs friends

nice sport u got there ameritards
>>
>>75828845
I have completely different opinion. I think if USA manage to gather their best Dream Team today it would be the best Dream Team of them all. I think they would easily beat any team in basketball history.
>>
File: adsad.png (144KB, 948x1720px) Image search: [Google]
adsad.png
144KB, 948x1720px
What is the point of this shit?
>>
>>75842834
Money
>>
>>75842864
It's gonna cost them a lot if the US doesn't get there
There's no way in hell that any NBA players play in this
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.