[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Celtic do in Premier League?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: celticfc.jpg (87KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
celticfc.jpg
87KB, 640x360px
How would Celtic do in Premier League?
>>
>>75801100
10th-12th
>>
10th-12th in the championship
>>
>>75801100
Swansea/Watford tier
>>
Bout tree fiddy.
>>
mid table just now. everton-tier after a few seasons of money. max potential would be tottenham-tier. they wouldn't ever compete seriously for the title.
>>
1st due to playing each team four times and ending up with twice as many points.
>>
>>75801100
They'd be lucky to finish 17th. Quite honestly, the standard of their games is so low, from tactics to technique to fitness, that they would struggle very badly in the Premier League (in their first season, at least.) They'd win the Championship the next year though, mind.

>t. Current footballer
>>
>>75801202
if it's so bad why is there so many examples of players going from crap scottish teams to the premiership and handling it just fine?

wanyama, van dijk, forster, mcarthur, mccarthy, davis, naismith, randolph, ryan fraser, boruc, charlie adam, arfield, snodgrass, maloney, speroni, ledley, robertson have all managed it easily enough for years.

celtic would be comfortable in the premier league with their current squad. delusional to think otherwise. compare their european record recently to the likes of southampton and west ham
>>
Celtic is already a huge name, and would be a even more valuable if they entered the PL.

Right now, they'd be mid-table at best. But in a decade or so, they'd have the potential to challenge for the title simply because so much money would be coming in.
>>
>>75801379
they're select individuals who could cut it in the PL, and none bar Wanyama have shown any promise at the very top level
>>
>>75801100
Bottom 5
>>
>>75801100
Bottom half. If they could remain in the league for a couple seasons, they'd become a permanent top 10 side. They already have great infrastructure and with PL money they'd thrive. Celtic's monetary weight would propel them above the likes of West Brom and Southampton.
>>
>>75801458
they're players who have shown they're comfortably good enough for the epl. and none of them bar wanyama and van dijk would get in the current celtic team
>>
Current squad? Bottom 3 without a doubt.
With English money? Europa League, potentially challenging Top4 within a few seasons of steady investment.
>>
>>75801545
>Current squad? Bottom 3 without a doubt.

utter nonsense
>>
>>75801545
>Current squad? Bottom 3 without a doubt.

I think their home record would see them finish outside the bottom 3, much like Burnley. Celtic have got shit players like Sinclair, who are relegation quality, but even so, they got a draw home and away against Man City. Few teams win at Parkhead.
>>
>>75801522
most of them would get in the celtic team. fuck me, scott sinclair is the top scorer in your league

having said that, celtic would be lower mid table currently, but the 'with PL money' is a non-argument because everyone else has it. you still have to pay huge wages a la man city and with just TV money you can't do it
>>
>>75801100
They would have top players lining up to join them, they would challenge for the top 6th 100%, top 4 75%, and Champions 50%.
>>
10th - 16th with Brenny
Relegated without Brenny
>>
>all this unironic talk of them finishing midtable
They would struggle in the championship. Middlesbrough spent money to add to an already decent squad and didn't stand a chance of staying up. I imagine Swansea will drop down with a similarly good squad.

The current period of Scottish football is the absolute worse since it's inception, and the biggest proof of that is how easily Celtic walked it. Players like Dembele and Sinclair, who objectively couldn't cut it in the Championship looked like a Barcalona front two pairing in Scotland.

I am floored at the delusion shown in this thread. Most Scottish teams are comparable to League 2 teams, but you think Celtic would walk into midtable in one of the most competitive top leagues in the world?

>but they drew with City
City were awful in Europe this season, and Pep used the games to experiment with tactics, it's not an argument.
>>
>>75801629
>most of them would get in the celtic team. fuck me, scott sinclair is the top scorer in your league

lol no they wouldn't. t. someone who actually watches both leagues every weekend.

scott sinclair is a good player.
>>
>>75801681
different circumstances. Celtic are streets ahead of the rest of the league. if you're measuring it compared to English leagues then there might be 2 whole leagues difference in quality between celtic and the rest. They're still unbeaten. A team like palace wouldn't go unbeaten in the championship. Maybe not even in league 1. So players like sinclair will put up big numbers just because he's playing for the best team in such q lopsided league, it's not comparable to him huffing it at villa
>>
>>75801734
>we are leagues ahead of a bunch of awful teams
>thus we would do alright in premier league
You have no argument here. Nobody can claim Celtic would finish midtable in the premier league because they walked one of the worst, most unwatchable leagues of football in the world.

If you've been watching so much Scottish football you're convinced Scott Sinclair is good I feel really bad for you.
>>
>>75801694
>scott sinclair is a good player
See, this is your problem. You watch Celtic play against League One standard opposition every week - of course you think Sinclair is good. Because he's scoring against absolute dogshit teams. But because they're in your top league, you think they're just a bit shit. But they aren't. They're extremely shit.

I mean, did you win any of your six Champions League games? I may be wrong but I don't think you did. You know why? Because the SPL is so, so poor. Hence Celtic are poor, because they can only beat what's in front of them every week, and only progress to a certain level.
>>
>>75801955
>>75802052
Looks like I typed out the same argument this fella is making. What a Scottish Football (sorry, private joke, me and the lads say "Scottish Football" when we mean to say 'waste of time')
>>
>>75801458
Steven Davis would be playing for Man City if he was English
>>
If you ever want to remind yourself of the standard of Scottish football, watch their teams in the Europa League qualifiers and remind yourself, these are considered the very best of the chasing pack.
>>
>>75802096
Why would he?
>>
>>75802130
Because he's a ridiculously good midfielder who doesn't get coverage because he plays for a mediocre national team with a history of shit players

He carried said national team to the Euros RO16 and was the driving force in getting a poor Rangers team to a european final. Even at his age he's better than prime Gareth Barry and Jack Wilshere
>>
He doesn't get coverage in the 3 games a season he plays for Northern Ireland as opposed to the 38 for Southampton in the most watched league in the world?
>>
How would Celtic do in the MLS? Could they beat Toronto or Seattle?
>>
>>75802215

Well yeah, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers.v2 would probably win the MLS.
>>
top 6 after 5 years challenging top 4 after 10
>>
>>75802235

Toronto is pretty damn good. I'd pay to see a Celtic vs. TFC game where they both played at their best.
>>
>>75801100
They'd need Rangers to "compete" with if they want to play to their best

See: last season vs this season
>>
Just done a massive steaming SPL lads, won't be going into the bog again for a bit
>>
File: buljuu (1).jpg (53KB, 648x944px) Image search: [Google]
buljuu (1).jpg
53KB, 648x944px
20th and relegated
>>
MUH ANTIFA
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.