[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gloryhunter Hate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: frustrated-with-sales.jpg (11KB, 408x317px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-with-sales.jpg
11KB, 408x317px
>there are children being born who will never understand just how plastic Chelsea's support is and how shallow their recent success is
>there are young fans who don't remember Man City being relegation strugglers before they bought the league
>>
new kids will think liverpool as the new forest
>>
>>75799220
the day liverpool get relegated will be truly something
>>
>>75799232
would there be riots like when river plate went down?
>>
>m-muh history
>>
>>there are children being born who will never understand just how plastic Chelsea's support is and how shallow their recent success is
your tears are delicious lad
now get back to hoping for that top 4 finish
>>
>it will be fairly soon when we have football fans who will only know Man Utd as a Europa league club
>>
>>75799203
You must be very young, Chelsea has always been very well supported. Only through the late 80's we saw a large dip in attendances but aside from that we have a very loyal supporter base. Just go for a hunt the average attendances in English football overall, city are just pathetic but had a large following in the past and thousands who were loyal through their shit times.

You want to talk about glory hunting? Liverpoop and Maureen United are the epitome of glory hunter clubs, you see somalians and arabs rocking those scarves and shirts down here in west London.
>>
>young fans will see arsenal as the black and pakis retreat
oh wait that has always been the case lmao
>>
>there are football fans too young to remember Newcastle being a solid Champions League side
>>
>>75799203
Do you really care about this? Lmao
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (27KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
27KB, 600x649px
>there are youngsters who unironically think Leeds Utd have always been a second-tier club
>>
>>75799327
Nothing wrong with that.
We all hate Leeds scum anyway
>>
>>75799292

The proper fans have become the minority unfortunately, drowned out by the entitled new breed of bandwagoners.
>>
File: Iqs8hw0.jpg (16KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Iqs8hw0.jpg
16KB, 400x386px
>there are people on /sp/ too young to remember Sunderland winning back-to-back league titles
>>
>>75799327
I now remember Leeds made the CL semis like 15 years ago.
>>
>>75799340
If I had a nail you would be hitting it on the head, stadiums are filled with either tourists or cunts who would not spend a single penny for a ticket if the team was struggling.

My old man has been going to the bridge since the 60's with the skyrocketing ticket prices and bandwagoners, it's near impossible to see a game now for a fair price. If you do get a ticket, enjoy restricted view....

There is little respect for those who followed the team through the hardest of times. My old man was at the game where result would have decided the fate of our club, yet he's not a valuable "customer"
>>
File: 1493931424818.jpg (335KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1493931424818.jpg
335KB, 1920x1090px
>>75799340
But thats every big English club you mong
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>chelsea
>you're team is named after a grill
>>
>>75799369

I feel those feels m8, in the same way Man City always had a good loyal support of about 30k who stuck by the team through relegations but those same fans who were loyal through the tough times probably can't get a ticket these days.
>>
>>75799381
i like girls and football
perfect combination
>>
>>75799377
>ywn hear tales about the good old times from this man
>>
File: IMG_0314.png (28KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0314.png
28KB, 655x509px
>>75799383
I've started going to my local team games, 200/400 per game depending on the fixture is pretty good desu and the fans there are actual footballing fans.
>>
>>75799377

What point are you trying to make? That modern gloryhunters are fucking things up for everyone? I know.
>>
>>75799401

Which club?

I support Blyth Spartans and it's so much more rewarding seeing players who just love the game.
>>
>>75799403
Yes, and it seemed to me that you were implying that only Chelsea was filled with gloryhunters.

You'd have to support a club like Snuderland if you don't like gloryhunters.
>>
>>75799415
>blyth spartans
ohayou reddit
>>
>>75799424

?

Is my hometown club a meme now? Hopefully we can cash in on it if we are.
>>
>>75799415
The mighty Hayes and Yeading, you may remember us from 2007 I think when we used to be named Yeading FC and we played Newcastle in the FA cup :)
>>
>>75799418

Which is a fucking shame, not being able to support your local team and be comfy because some foreign businessman has turned them into nothing more than a marketing tool.
>>
>>75799435

Aye I remember that, great run! Always love it when non league clubs get into the FA Cup proper.
>>
>>75799430
blyth spartans are the go to babby's first lower league team

fm is full of blyth to PL save stories
>>
>>75799391
>It rained all morning, and then it cleared up in the afternoon. And that's it, I almost remembered something else, but it's gone.
>>
>there are people on here you support a club that live halfway around the world for literally no other reason than that they are successful and win quite a lot
>there are people here that have a professional team living within 30 miles of them that they don't support
>there are people on here who have never been to a football game in their life
>there are people on here who would rather sit in their mum's basement cramming cheesy puffs into their mouths and furiously bashing f5 on a 4chan match thread while """"watching""""" a football game from halfway round the world on a 128 bit stream, rather than get out and actually go to a live match
>there are people on here who stay up to 4am to bandwaggon a team from halfway round the world

absolutely pathetic. non-euro football fans are total scum.
>>
File: IMG_0312.jpg (70KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
70KB, 1000x800px
>>75799474
Good to know somebody knows us
>>
>>75799497

That's mint!

Hopefully some of these bandwagoners start buying some of our merch so we can actually start paying decent wages. Getting outspent by fucking Spennymoor is embarrassing.
>>
>there are people who have never stood watching their team play on a cold winter's day clutching a cup of hot bovril to keep their hands warm
>>
>>75799528
>there are people that could have supported a big team from their local city where they lived from childhood, but instead they bandwagon a different big team in a different city they have never lived it and hardly ever visit because that team is slightly more successful

These are the most scummy people in the world.
>>
>Man Utd fans from London

WHY
>>
>>75799543
>bandwagoners
>buying merch

sorry friend
>>
>there are people who think Red Bull Leipzig are a good thing for football when they're just a more successful MK Dons
>>
>Chelsea, a club who recorded an attendance of 82,000 people in the 1930s, the fourth highest of all time in English football, have a plastic support

Come off it. Like an anon said earlier in the thread, they have always been heavily supported and even something of an iconic part of popular culture throughout the 20th century. Of course success has brought new fans not from the area but the same goes for any top club. Anfield and Old Trafford still have their African fans and their prawn sandwich brigade too, you know. Are they also plastic?

I'm a neutral too (Mememouth fan) so I ain't being biased.
>>
>Aston Villa will be forgotten
:(
>>
>You will never remember Blackburn Rovers buying the league
>>
>>75799203
t. manure fag
>>
File: 1453762572263.jpg (51KB, 769x557px) Image search: [Google]
1453762572263.jpg
51KB, 769x557px
>there are people on /sp/ who literally don't remember Huddersfield Town becoming the first English club to win three successive league titles

Why even live?
>>
>>75799731

>everyone must support one of a five clubs in England

Sad mentality.
>>
>>75799635

Fuck, we need those memebucks!!
>>
>tfw people only think of Derby as 11 points but forget we had an unreal team in the 70's and got cucked by cheating juve in cl semis
>>
There are people posting on spee RIGHT NOW who don't remember a time before football sold its soul to TV companies.
>>
>there are youngsters who can't remember when Scottish football was actually quite good
>>
File: youtube_.jpg (104KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
youtube_.jpg
104KB, 1800x1200px
>"Hi, I support Watford but I've always had a soft spot for Man Utd."
>>
>>75799543
>mint
>>
>>75800480

?
>>
>>75799528
>there are people here that have a professional team living within 30 miles of them that they don't support

so, i moved to copenhagen. does that mean i should switch clubs from brondby to FCK (their rivals)?

you didn't even consider that to be an option because you've lived in the same place your entire life.
>le mummys basement
you literally live with your parents
>>
>>75800506

I think he meant within 30 miles of where you grow up.

You're not plastic, respect for that.
>>
>>75800491
I hope you don't actually say this
>>
>there are people who think forest are a big team
>they've never known them to play in the top flight

>there are people who don't think coventry are a big team
>don't know they were longer in the top flight than man u and chelea at time of relegation
>>
>>75799782
Don't forget the based late 90s team
>>
>>75800506
>you didn't even consider that to be an option because you've lived in the same place your entire life.

WRONG. i moved to aberdeen for 4 years for uni. get it right up you, prick.

also this guy is right>>75800517

get a grip you autistic oddball and stop looking for things to offended about.
>>
>>75800521

Don't be racist you southerner.
>>
>>75800555
checkd but seriously drink some piz buin
>>
>>75800566

I genuinely don't understand what you have against Northern dialect, pls don't bully.
>>
File: 1309285444948.jpg (18KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
1309285444948.jpg
18KB, 210x251px
>>75799665
>pre-buying trophies chelshit
>league title in 1955
>FA cup in 1970
>league cup in 1965
>an iconic part of popular culture throughout the 20th century

my sides
>>
>>75800583
i don't mind the ha'way stuff, but saying mint makes you sound like when you talk you do faux karate chops
>>
>>75800606

So what if I do?
>>
>>75800632
GET FOOKIN MORTAL
>>
>>75800593
>ignoring the late 90s
>>
>>75800646

Pls no bully
>>
>>75800657
>pre-buying trophies chelshit

they were buying trophies even before abramovich.
>>
>>75799263
Nah, brits aren't near the same levels of passion that south american supporters have, every time a big club gets relegated here we have supporters comitting suicide.
>>
>>75800694
When did they start buying trophies then?
>>
>attendances will never be like this again

Pic is Charlton Athletic at home, mad.

>>75799435

Christ, I remember playing Hayes in the FA Cup, even went to a replay back at Boothferry Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckmfdFooVI
>>
>>75800810
is the guy that is commentating that match still doing it today? I don't know this name but he does sound very familiar
>>
>p-please support my relagation fodder club

Fuck off
>>
My father grew me up into a proud Vaasan Palloseura fan in the early ninties and I'm still one. He literally looked like disowning me when I attended HJK games when studying in Helsinki.

>>75799843

Isn't Old Firm still a hipster meme rivalry though?
>>
>>75800982
the Cold Firm (ICT vs Ross County) is better
>>
>>75800878
Jon Champion, yeah.
>>
It will be entertaining when one of the big clubs finally go down and piles of discarded merchandise appear on the streets of Mumbai, New York, Cairo etc
>>
>>75799327
People pretending Leeds are still notable because they were in the first division once is well annoying
>>
File: nhl_africa.jpg (59KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
nhl_africa.jpg
59KB, 500x501px
>>75801048

I like how NHL jerseys somehow keep ending up in Africa. Maybe through charity, I don't know.
>>
>>75801057

I hope this is b8
>>
>>75800709
don't underestimate the power of the scouse. these fucks killed 96 of their own and can't take responsibility for it.
>>
I only got back into sports recently (2014 world cup). I watched (rarely) Man Utd as a kid when I was a kid. I don't support anyone, just really enjoy the sport. I'm really upset I missed a golden age though.

My most local PL club is Leicester, but I'm not going to travel 50 Mike's to see them. I live about 5 minutes from the old Diamonds stadium which was knocked down last month, which us such a shame.
>>
>>75802037

And the 39, don't forget the 39. ^^
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.