[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't rugby have the forward pass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Why doesn't rugby have the forward pass?
>>
emphasis on running the ball

or I could give you the response that you probably want which is that it's a semen slurping sport played by sissies too weak for gridiron
>>
>>75691681
Its supposd to represent how straya and kiwi land are slipping back into prehistoric times
>>
the essential part of rugby which differentiates itself from other sports is the scrum, this is the heart of the game

the forward pass does not allow for the capability to allow for enough scrums, where the latent homosexuality of the men who participate is allowed to bleed through, as the huddled mass of manflesh throbs and gyrates, the glory of rugby is at its purest form
>>
>>75692295
>the forward pass does not allow for the capability to allow for enough scrums
a foward pass is literally one of the infringments resulting in a scrum
>>
>>75691756
wow this is a high calibre of post. Surprised that it doesn't have any (you)'s.
>>
>>75692295
So the scrum makes it more like hand egg? https://youtu.be/3J10xbddu4g
Right up your alley, why don't more people in USA like rugby then?
>>
>>75692389
he>>75692295 means a ruck, he's just too stupid to understand the difference
>>
>>75691681
they don't appreciate the entertainment value of seeing which roadrunner tier nigger can run the fastest 50m dash down the field
>>
>>75691681
symbolism for courage and solidarity

rugby is a sport where you mainly advance the ball by carrying it

by forcing the pass to be backward, it makes sure that the ball carrier have to be the one leading the charge in the front line, having to face the whole defense, with no protection in front of him, have have the courage to face the unavoidable brutal clash that is coming for him

but at the same time, but forcing the backward pass, it makes sure he has his whole team behind him to suppor him.

basically, you have to have the courage to run alone in front while trusting your teammates behind you to support you, while the guys behind have to show support and trust to the guy in front to not lose the ball
>>
can't you punt it forward?
>>
>>75693453
This is a beautiful bit of writing lad. I really did enjoy reading it.

>>75693574
You can kick it forward but only people behind the kicker are onside to retrieve the ball.
>>
File: rugby.jpg (254KB, 700x412px) Image search: [Google]
rugby.jpg
254KB, 700x412px
>>75692697
The maul is me most homoerotic feature of rugby anyway
>>
>>75693938
pretty sure rucks are far more homo
>>
>>75693938
the most homoerotic feature of rugby are the calendars
>>
>>75691681
dat ass
>>
>>75692389
>>75692697
He means that allowing the forward pass would result in fewer reasons for scrums to occur.
>>
>>75691756
I think next season there's going to be an English rugby player playing for an NFL team. So far he said he'll be fine because "rugby is tougher" so I'm very curious about what he'll do and say.
>>
>>75693453
Actual poetry, lad.
>>
From what I can tell rugby and gridiron football took two opposite evolutionary tangents with respect to this
>>
Changes the nature of the sport
Its like asking "Why doesn't someone stand near the basket and swat away incoming shots?"
>>
>>75693453
I just ejaculated to this post.
>>
is this the worst /rug/ thread in the history of /rug/?
>>
>>75702563
It's up there lad
>>
>>75702199
So Jarryd Hayne 2.0?
>>
>>75702642
Probably. Especially with his attitude. I remember hearing an interview with the US rugby 7s coach, and he said it took about six years to turn NFL players into decent 7s players, and 7s is fucking basic. I know its the other way round here, but people thinking rugby/gridiron are the same and that it is easy to switch sports because people run into each other are missing the fact that they are very different games.
>>
>>75702199
the ravens drafted a player who played rugby as a kid in england, but then his family moved to texas where he played hs and college football.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.