[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sampaoli signs contract with Argentina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: sampaoli-barca.jpg (275KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
sampaoli-barca.jpg
275KB, 2500x1875px
What is his end-game?

He made Sevilla a CL contender, top 4 material after winning the Copa America with Chile (eliminating Messi)

If he does it for 1 more year he is good enough to get offers from a massive club like Chelsea, City, United, anyone.

Instead, he is going to manage Argentina. What is the point? he has very little to gain and much to lose. If he does not win the world cup he is a second tier manager again. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot like this?
>>
He will win the WC though
Germany are weaker and Argentina can use Dybala instead of the chocking duo
>>
File: 1489877858758.png (745KB, 783x757px) Image search: [Google]
1489877858758.png
745KB, 783x757px
>>75566292
>blocks their path
>>
>>75566278
Managing Messi. One of the greatest players to grace this earth, with his coaching he can cement to be the "one" coach that helped the GOAT get his WC.
>also hes argentinian
>>
>>75566278
>Take the chance to win WC with Messi and Argentina
Or
>Go to a Premier Lel team
You're not even being pessimist, you're being retarded
>>
>>75566278
conte didn't any too exciting with italy but went straight to chelsea. as long as he doesn't fuck up woth argentina he can still get a decent job.
>>
>a CL contender
>>
>>75566278

*loses to Leicester*
>>
I really thought the story would unfold differently.
>Simeone wanted by AFA for years
>He always says no
>He clearly wants the CL with Atletico
>Comes very close but no cigar
>He comes close again as Bauza is boo'd off the stage.
>He must first wait for the semis
>If he wins, he leaves after the final

I really thought the Sampaoli thing was just to force his hand.
>>
>>75566354
Cholo already said he doesn't want to manage Messi
>>
>>75566321
>Too exciting
To someone who isn't an indepth fan
He took the 7th place team to 3 consecutive titles. His first season was undefeated and in his third he broke the record for most points ever achieved in a 38 game season
>>
>>75566383

What does the autistic midget think of Cholo outside of La Liga?

>>75566278

>Yfw he finally wins it for da tina and Missi
>>
>>75566322
I think OP meant more in a way that they consistently enter the CL with him which wasn't the case before him.

Also OP should respect a man that is trying to go for a challenge. Winning the WC is very difficult no matter which nation you manage. If he fails big whoop, as long as he doesn't completely embarrass himself, he can only gain from the situation. Maybe I'm just an optimist.
>>
>>75566406
No one knows, and Cholo never actually said that
>>
>>75566384
read my post again m8. op said a manager with good club record who goes to national team is shooting himself in the foot.

i said conte (who has a good club record) went to national team, didn't do anything exciting with national team, then went to chelsea.
>>
>>75566354

Simeone has a blank check made by Zanetti, he will be at Inter next year no matter what
>>
>>75566292
If they can even qualify
>>
>>75566443
I think this is my favorite of all the delusional memes
>>
>>75566442
Well, to be fair, the Italy team was quite shit and only lost on penalties to the defending world champions
>>
File: 6515161.jpg (11KB, 225x225px)
6515161.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
He was Chelsea's first choice (ahead of Conte) but his english wasn't good enough so they had to turn him down.

Now if you mean the likes of Barcelona/Real Madrid when you said massive clubs, then this is the best move.

>go to Argentina
>make they great again
>wins the WC
>enters the history of football
>sign a big deal contract with Uefalona
>>
>>75566383
Do you have source of that? Genuine question.
>>
Seems like he loves being a NT manager more than club manager
>>
>>75566321
Conte did great with Italy
>>
>>75566443

But it's not a meme, we've known about this for a year now
>>
>>75566278
Sampaoli? More liek Sampalobby
>>
>>75566278
If this is true, then he is a piece of shit. Not even a full year with Sevilla and he's jumping ship?
>>
>>75566278
Having a shot at winning a WC. Do you really think managers dont want that?
>>
>>75566278
>What is the point?
1) He's had a fallout with the Sevilla president and wants to get the fuck out as soon as possible.

2) He can build a legacy if he takes Argentina far and wins a world cup. Sevilla are a top midtable club at best and if he gets them above Atletico with the midtable tier squad he has, that's an achievement alone so he has no reason to stay in Spain.

3) He's always wanted to manage Argentina and aspire to win a WC because he's Argentine.

There. Those are three big reasons why this job makes sense for him. He stays for the remainder of a WC cycle - no harm done to his managerial career. In fact, he makes Argentina into a feared powerhouse (yes, they've been a top 3 team since the 2014 WC as show by those consecutive final appearances but they've choked way too many times and played below par relative to the attacking talent they have) and it only enhances his credentials.

His stints with Chile and Sevilla show he's a top class manager and he will probably get a big club gig after 2018.
>>
>>75567382
Argentine press says it now and then
>>
>>75566278
>tfw we could have had him as manager of our NT but the knvb are a bunch of fucking retards
>>
>>75578141
How did it all go so wrong after the world cup in brazil for Netherlands?
>>
>>75566321
>An island talking about football
>>
>>75566278
he didn't sign shit

AFA owes former managers money, if they try to pay for Sampaoli's release clause, and if the Argentina justice system isn't a complete piece of garbage, the money will be garnished.
>>
I can't even imagine Cholo taking over Argentina while messi is still around. Could you see him bending over to messi? Fuck no, first thing he would do is get rid of all the trash and call up icardi and tel anyone who doesn't agree to go fuck themselves. With messi being the diving factor on who gets called, it'd just not happening. I don't know if sampaoli would want to be a puppet eaither. Doubt this goes through.
>>
>>75579206
Where does this shit about Messi factoring who gets called up even come from?
>>
>>75578924
Keep dreaming, monkeyboy

Our justice system is just fine & they won't do shit about it
>>
>>75577643
So no source at all
>>
>>75582490
The source is Argentine journalists

>hurr do you have it in English, published in the web, in text format?

No dumb monkey, because they talk about it in radio shows and TV shows
>>
>>75582515
I enter ole everyday and by my personal experience argentinian press is garbage

worst than spanish midia
>>
>>75582581
worse* wtf
>>
File: 1458515556744.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458515556744.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>75566278
>CL contender
>>
could've gone to netherlands desu
>>
>>75582581
>worse than Spanish media

you are delusional, at least Ole is neutral - they only play with the headlines, the actual content of the articles is fine

MARCA and As are disgustingly pro-Madrid

MundoDeportivo and Sport are disgustingly pro-Barcelona
>>
>>75589167
theres no such thing as neutral media anymore, everyone has an agenda. best case nowadays is that theyre clear on whose side theyre on.
>>
>>75589333

Yes but the spanish take it to the next level, they post reaction videos of employees reacting to a madrid loss on their own website
>>
>>75589167
>Gordinella Inc. is neutral
kek ur delusional. Ole heavily favors Riber but writes a lot about Boca because muh cabaret sells
>>
CRASHING THIS CAREER

Simeone is smart refusing the position "because of his compromise with Atletico"
>>
>>75566278
>First he gives Messi the current league, the most refballed league since Franco and Nodo's Mierdril antics
>Then he gives Messi the next year's WC, despite the current Argentina being the shittier one since the loss of Las Maldivas
MADMAN BALDMAN
>>
>>75582490
Simeone's brother in law said it, he also worked with basile and said they were a bunch of assholes
>>
>>75603193
No real source, then
>>
>>75566522

Depending on how the year ends for Atletico and Inter its certainly not the most delusional meme
>>
>>75579336
clickbait argie journos like Fantino
>>
>There are people that literally think Sampaoli will make Argentina win the WC

He will be manipulated by Messi, he will call Messi's friends club (Agüero, Higuain, Biglia) and we will leave the WC in rounds of 18.
>>
>>75607050

well if nothing changes with Sampaoli then there can be no one blaming the manager anymore
>>
>>75607050
Biglia isn't terrible
Aguero isn't a starter
Higuain shouldn't even be called up if they make the WC
>>
>>75566278
>Instead, he is going to manage Argentina. What is the point? he has very little to gain and much to lose. If he does not win the world cup he is a second tier manager again. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot like this?

Obscene amounts of money I'm guessing...

It's Messi's last World Cup while he's still at his peak and the people in charge know it so they're betting big and expecting immediate results.

Won't work because Argentina is anything but a proper football team but I can't blame the man for wanting to retire early.
>>
>>75607456
>Won't work because Argentina is anything but a proper football team but I can't blame the man for wanting to retire early.
Well they did kind of get it right last WC. Keep a tight defense and hope Messi gets it right. They even outplayed Germany in the final but choked.
>>
>>75607050
This. Sampaoli is average at best. He worked out great at Chile because being a pseudo-Bielsa, the squad already had a Bielsa foundation. Remember that after Sampaoli left, Chile still won the Copa America under Pizzi.
>>
>>75566315
he could do that for barca
>>
>>75566347
>yfw EBJV eliminates Sampaoli's Argentina in QF
>>
He was supposed to go to Barca while Simeone goes to Argentina....

WORST FUCKING TIMELINE
>>
>>75607456
>Obscene amounts of money I'm guessing...

Implying AFA has cash........... the guys are broked ffs
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.