[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of Sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5860.jpg (132KB, 749x819px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5860.jpg
132KB, 749x819px
Okay guys. I'm legitimately curious about the future of sports in America.

ESPN is FUCKED. It's been on a downward spiral for a long ass time now.
A lot of it probably has to do with the internet and shit like that but this appears to be a generational thing.
Now we've had sports since fucking Babylon so it as a concept and recreation isn't going away but what's happening?
>>
>>75513049
Just accept the death of your meme sports already and embrace association football as your love and saviour.
>>
>>75513082
No
>>
>>75513105
Enjoy being irrelevant then
>>
>>75513049
1. Most sports talk/highlights viewership will transition to online sources. TV is done. Cable is done.
2. Expect more Basketball, Football, Soccer, and Women's sports coverage
3. Expect less Baseball, and Hockey coverage
4. Expect politics to be injected far more, because clickbait and fake controversies are the only ways for these places to get decent ratings anymore.
5. Expect more bad memes and online interaction.

The old, traditional, way of sports coverage is dead because it's not a lucrative business anymore in this age of social media.
>>
>>75513049
The real problem is people like you who think espn = sports. It's just a shitty network m8 that convinced (rather successfully) the US sports-watching population that they were some authority on sports with their ideology.
>>
>>75513147
>Italy
>Relevant
Pick one
>>
At first I was lmaoing at espn about this but then I started reading all their twitter announcements and realized this is probably one of the most traumatic times for all sports reporters. I hope they all land good jobs elsewhere because espn really shafted a lot of good talented people today while only keeping their most obnoxious "personalities" safe
>>
>>75517580
I was laughing for years because I assumed they'd be firing the on air blowhards with large salaries and no talent. But they decided to fire white guys who wrote quality columns for their respective city. Sad.
>>
American sports are rapidly spreading to the rest of the world and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
>>
>>75513049
You are confusing "sports" and "sports related Media". This thread would be better on tv if tv wasn't a godawful waifu posting pile of degeneracy.
>>
>>75513049
Enjoy college sports while you can. Either watching it will become a lot more expensive, or profits will go down and they'll be replaced entirely by minor leagues.
>>
>>75517687
Because being political and heavy on the pop culture is what got them views. The NBA has been doing that for YEARS. They don't know how to push more than 1-3 players at any given time (outside of the typical Knicks and Lakers news) so they rely heavily on the celebrity status of these few big players to attract casuals.
>>
I knew some shit was going down at espn cus bill simmons mentioned unspecified sweeping changes over there in a podcast a couple weeks ago but I didn't expect anything this massive. Not even half the people fired have posted about it on twitter and there's already a lot of faces I'm used to seeing that are gone now.
>>
>>75517922
Aren't minor leagues better than college sports in term of skill...
>>
Why are the niggers on (((THE 6))) still on? Fucking race baiting nogs.
>>
>>75518370
They'll essentially be the same level as college sports for stuff like football. But basketball, yeah, the minor league teams tend to be "better".
>>
Interest in sports is wanning as fewer whites have kids. White parents are the big spenders on sports, and they spend to entertain their kids. Video games and social media is taking away from interest in sports as well. There's also the "hero" element missing. White kids don't aspire to be roided up, criminal niggers as current professional sports is full of that.
>>
ESPN stopped covering sports
>>
>>75513082
Soccer is boring
>>
>>75517687
This desu
>>
File: rzzkftng6umlgijrbkgc.jpg (41KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
rzzkftng6umlgijrbkgc.jpg
41KB, 800x446px
>Bomani Jones wears shit like this
>Bullshit community dialogue programs and shit like OJ: Made in America
>Jerking off Bruce Jenner
>>
File: 1435175296135.jpg (62KB, 543x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435175296135.jpg
62KB, 543x720px
>>75520638
but baseball, basketball and 'murrican football aren't?

btw, ESPN's deal with basketball is part of what started this downfall, along with their marginalized NFL contract
>>
>>75513082
Have never bothered to find out, what gets associated in soccer
>>
>>75520698
why do so many people have an issue with that shirt?
>>
>>75513964
>TV is done.
I can see it losing money but if it's so done how is it in a golden age?
>>
>>75513964
>Expect less Baseball
Anon.... People have been saying this for years, but local ratings have been increasing year by year.

Baseballs going nowhere
>>
>>75520826
It's meant to be incendiary vs Chief Wahoo, who is not.
>>
>>75520879
>>75513964
In the grand scheme of baseball viewership, however, the All-Star game appears to represent an anomaly rather than a building trend. Because even as fewer people tuned into the midsummer class than almost ever before, local television ratings, which are up again over last season, indicate that more and more viewers are watching baseball on a regular basis.

>which are up again over last season, indicate that more and more viewers are watching baseball on a regular basis.
>>
>>75520886
yet here you are, mad about it...
>>
>>75520722
Why do foreigners always think Americans automatically love football and basketball? Both of those sports are trash. I honestly don't know how anyone watches basketball.
>>
>>75529518
I don't know anyone that watches baseball or hockey either. I guess all sports are dead according to us.
>>
>>75517687
Makes sense. Why would they fire people that don't appeal to the lowest common denominator?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.