[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss ideas to improve soccer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: typical soccer match.jpg (115KB, 458x372px) Image search: [Google]
typical soccer match.jpg
115KB, 458x372px
Offer ways to improve the game of soccer, I'll start.

Get rid of offsides
>>
>american flag
>divegrass thread
Not allowed.
>>
Hello non-American friends

I'll assume you're all new here as not one of you has followed the standard procedure for when an American makes a post/thread about football. Allow me to teach you how to deal with this situation in the future.

So you've encountered a confused and angry American posting inane and dangerous opinions on a subject they know nothing about? don't panic and don't try to educate them as you will only encourage them to continue. All you need to do is reply to them with the three short lines of text below and you will improve /sp/ for not only yourself but everybody else as well.
>That flag
>This topic
Opinion discarded.

If its not just an American post within a football related thread but an actual football related thread started by an American, just change the third line of text from "Opinion discarded." to "Opinion discarded, thread closed and hidden.".

If you've accidently read an American post/thread about football and find yourself in agreement with what they have posted, remind yourself of the infinite monkey theorem and follow the standard procedure.

Feel free to save this post to teach other new friends in the future and remember... only YOU can prevent Americans ruining football.
>>
Ban it from being played is the only true patrician answer
>>
If you remove offside it becomes nothing but hoofball
>>
inb4 some child with ADHD screams "multiball"
>>
Get rid of penalties and do 6v6 and then 3v3 after 15 minutes.
>>
>>75511545
> That flag
> This topic
O fuck, I played myself
>>
>>75511648
Barcelona would win seeing as they have 3 of the best individual players on the planet
>>
>>75511545
Multiball
>>
>>75511629
cuck
>>
>>75511680

>Best team wins

I fail to see how that's an issue

>>75511688

Could be neat for overtime situations, throw 3 balls out in 3v3 and the one with the most goals at the end of 15 minutes wins.
>>
Make a line 25 meters away from each goal (parallel to the halfway line) the passes from which's behind would not cause offside. This would give the game more offensive options and more pace without fully abolishing the offside rule.
>>
>>75511618
Texas no
>>
>>75511755
What defense is playing a high line/offside trap 25m from their own goal? What good does the game get out of implementing this rule?
>>
Ejections for diving
Suspensions handed down post-match for diving
Ejections instead of cautions for fouling on breakaways
>>
>>75511820
Normally they don't mainly because it's too risky but with this rule they would take the risk for the sake of passes which are not blocked by offside. A faster game and preventing teams from playing anti-football i.e. no offensive effort.
>>
Allow fighting - 5 minute major like hockey

This would allow players to self police divers. I'm sure you would think twice about being a bitch if you had to answer the call.
>>
>>75511545
offside rule is needed

>>75511824
this

>>75511618
>south american negrito
opinion discarded
>>
players can't leave their club between the ages of 16 and 23.
>>
Not allowed to kick the ball back into your own side (like basketball)
>>
>>75511545
>get rid of offsides
fuck off, van basten
>>
>>75511545
Rocket League in real life.
>>
Get rid of red cards for egregious tackles. This shit needs a lot more NFL tier collisions
>>
The game must be played naked and scoring a goal with your dick automatically wins you the game (like the golden snitch in Harry Potter).
>>
Suspend diving players
Allow for fouls to be challenged
Have more than one ref, not one idiot who pulls a card when he sees some faggot on the ground after he threw a guys arm into his face
Allow more physicality in play
Offsides should be similar to hockey, when the ball crosses a certain point you have to defend the entire area
>>
Penalty like hockey
>>
File: football-if-no-offsides.jpg (31KB, 332x514px) Image search: [Google]
football-if-no-offsides.jpg
31KB, 332x514px
>>75511545
The thing is with Americans it's impossible to tell if they're baiting because experience tells you the chances of them being retarded is incredibly high.

May as well post this for about the 100th time on /sp/
>>
PKs from outside the GSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLTIpcZxh8
>>
File: ballboy.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ballboy.png
2MB, 1366x768px
allow players to kick petulant ballboys
>>
>>75511545
> Not following the sport since the 40's
> Not understanding why offsides are needed
>>
letting the people hear what referees say on their mics, just like rugby
i don't get why this hasn't been done yet
>>
File: 1432070868688.gif (707KB, 348x232px) Image search: [Google]
1432070868688.gif
707KB, 348x232px
>>75511545

- reduce field size, preferably by 50%

- this >>75512068

- Come down HARD on diving

- Incase field in a transparent dome so the ball never goes out of bounds and surfaces add a new layer of strategy

- [spoiler]Multiball[/spoiler]
>>
File: 3sf-pitch.jpg (18KB, 511x443px) Image search: [Google]
3sf-pitch.jpg
18KB, 511x443px
>>
>allow contact
>smaller field
>infinite substitutions
>5 players and one goalie
>smaller rubber disk shaped ball
>put it on ice
>use sticks instead of feet
>>
Video ref, stop the clock until a decision is made.
Retroactive bans for diving. Even better just use the video ref. It's either a foul or a dive so the game will have to stop anyway.
Allow a little bit of fighting without an automatic yellow/red for both parties involved.
No automatic yellow/red for slide tackles.
Golden goal instead of penalties.
>>
>>75518853
Also domestic cup winner has a playoff with 3rd/4th placed team for a Champions League place.
>>
File: 12145549632.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
12145549632.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>mfw I try to watch soccer
>>
>>75518704
>use sticks instead of feet
what, like stilts?
>>
>>75518936

Yes
>>
Allow the players to use paintball guns or water balloons.
>>
>>75518907
nigga you small
>>
Allow steroids so they score more than twice a fugging game.

>>75519290
Stop.
>>
>>75511755

That's what the halfway line already does, idiot.
>>
>>75511824
That last one is basically already a thing. 9/10 times the last defender fouls on a breakaway it's a red card
>>
>>75518936
Made me chuckle
>>
1) Don't let americans play/watch it

That's all you need
>>
>>75519857
>Don't let americans play/watch it

Can we get that too?
>>
>>75512068
This

Also, golden goal in extra times. Unlimited subs, including players that were subbed out.
>>
>>75512006
interesting

personally would like to see post match punishment of players for gamesmanship, diving, playacting and other obvious dishonest/cheating behaviour on the pitch. might take a few months but would do wonders for the sport in the future.

also interested in ice hockey still time penalties instead of yellow cards, to avoid the disgusting tactical fouls committed when teams break on the counter and maybe no reds at all (just longer time penalties or post match bans) to avoid tfw first half reds make the game a no contest.
>>
seriously improve it? stop the clock. nothing else needs to be changed. the dumbass refs fuck up extra tie endlessly. Also I think maybe retroactive yellow cards for diving would help just so players build up 5 faster if they are repeat offenders.
>>
For offsides to be called, a player's entire torso must be offsides.
No more "his toe was offside, goal annulled" bullshit
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.