[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should they return?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0149.png (38KB, 1031x1024px)
IMG_0149.png
38KB, 1031x1024px
>>
>>75503457

Would be a better idea than putting a team in Las fucking Vegas.
>>
>>75503457
Yes. Why the NHL insists putting ice hockey teams in sub-tropical and Mediterranean climates is beyond me
>>
>>75503457
why vegas? it's a fucking desert you couldn't get more anti-hockey. Coyotes are hanging on by a thread and fucktard bettman thinks this is a great idea?
>>
>>75503480
>Implying putting a team in a city that can't support a minor league team is a bad idea
>Implying hundreds of thousands of fans won't fly into Vegas for all the games
>Implying the fans won't enjoy playing slot machines in the T-Mobile arena
>Implying they won't make a fortune on $10 beers and bottled water because there are no water fountains in the T-Mobile Arena
>Implying Las Vegas won't experience a colossal population boom as people move to Vegas to watch NHL hockey
>Implying you know SHIT about the NHL
>>
>>75503505
Because Bettman thinks we need the game to spread yet we don't see teams in South America produce NHL caliber players. The only result of Arizona and Florida were guys like Auston Matthews and technically nick bjustad. Other then that, it's a failure
>>
File: IMG_0134.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
>>75503717
They'll make no money, and be a team that drains on the NHL. It'll only get money for kings and Hawks games, and not many people will would want to buy 10 dollar beers and waters
>>
>>75503457
North Dakota was the logical market if you wanted to sell out.

The most popular sport there is hockey and that region has no pro sports teams.

But instead of taking the obvious market the NHL goes to Vegas to continue trying to rope beaners in.
>>
>>75503842
>nd not many people will would want to buy 10 dollar beers and waters

You say this now, but wait until the fans get inside

>It's like 80-100 degrees outside
>People walk to the T-Mobile arena to save money
>They're dying of thirst when they get there
>The T Mobile arena doesn't have drinking fountains (it seriously doesn't look at some reviews online)
>Choice is to buy water and beer or die of dehydration

It's brilliant
>>
Hockey should only exist in places where it can be played outdoors. Every city south of the Washington-St. Louis latitude should not have a team. Relocate them all.
>>
>>75503874
North Dakota might love hockey, but the total state population is under 1,000,000. They'd need Green Bay Packers levels of support to sell out the games.
>>
>>75503457
Yeah, but as the Halifax Whalers so they can continue to use the most based logo in sports history.
Hartford will never happen.
>>
>>75503956
Theyd have it.

You think there is anything in South Dakota, Montana etc etc.
It would have regional market interest.

Sure the populations may be small but it doesnt take much to pack a hockey arena. They are much smaller than NFL stadiums.
>>
>>75503457
hartford is a 3rd world country now
>>
>>75503956
Speaking of Packers, Why the fuck does Wisconsin not have a team? I'd take a Milwaukee team before a Vegas team. Rule should be no snow = no team
>>
>>75503874
If anything, Dakota sounds good for the NHL. You get nice weather, more fans, a lot of revenue, rivalry with the jets, and you get 3 Hawks games a year, so you get a ton of money.

If they made a team, they should be called the cottonmouths or raiders. Blades or even huskers can work
>>
Hell yeah, just to bring this helluva song back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKSpEfPOTo
>>
>>75504175
I bet they don't have a team because of the AHL, but that's ridiculous because San Jose also has that and they're successful in a way. The NHL should make a proper expansion by not making a damn team in Vegas, but in Seattle/Milwaukee/Dakota and Quebec. Those are the clear options. Utah and Vegas are the worst possible places, but there can be possible wins in that. But Milwaukee is a perfect place for a new team
>>
>>75504175

It's all about untapped markets, Wisconsin is already split between the blackhawks and wild, if you put a team in Wisconsin how many more fans would you realistically attract who aren't already paying customers of the NHL?

It's the same reason that the NFL is trying to break into the UK rather than Mexico.
>>
>>75504007
>Halifax
I'd love to see an NHL team in the Maritimes. Also, you could give Quebec and Hamilton teams, and Canada would have a round ten teams. Of course, I'd love more American teams too (Seattle in particular), but Canadian teams are better bets.
>>
>>75504242
This.
>>
>>75504049
This. You can have success in a small market. Winnipeg and Ottawa are the smaller teams yet they do tend to get some nice crowds (Ottawa not so much). They don't have to be in the metropolis to be that big. The jets have 15000 seats and sell them all out, and it saves their asses from getting moved or kicked out
>>
>>75504387
The thing with Milwaukee is that they're good for hockey, but get the Chicago and Minnesota fans. I see that as a good way to get lots of money because of these guys
>>
File: Invicta_Dynamos.png (123KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Invicta_Dynamos.png
123KB, 316x316px
>>75504242

My local hockey team uses this as the goal horn kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYJLF22iQOw
>>
>>75504566
it's fucking GOAT
>>
>>75504566
Best horn
>>
>>75504395
Halifax seems too iffy to have a team. It's also on an island, so it's also harder to get a team there
>>
File: cp.jpg (87KB, 1297x1073px) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
87KB, 1297x1073px
>>75503939

>This

Honestly expansion into Europe makes more sense than sending a team to Nevada or fighting to keep some in Carolina/Florida/Arizona
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.