[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLOODBATH AT ESPN STARTING THIS WEEK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 577
Thread images: 71

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1461x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1461x1011px
>turn from a sports network to a liberalism network
>everyone stops watching

lmao

Who do you guys think is gonna get fired?
>>
All of the white men
>>
>>75499917
That Indian fucker needs to go
>>
>>75499917

hopefully bomani "massive racist" jones
>>
>>75499947
this
>>
My dad used to work for ESPN.
I'm guessing he's even happier he left now than when he first left in 2003
>>
>>75499917
Cable is losing subscribers, not specifically ESPN. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>will cut all white men and people slightly right leaning politically
>will promote brain dead naggers and sjw's
>people will keep screaming in thier face that they just want to watch sports and not politics
>they wont change anything
>>
>>75499973

It's not just that cable is losing subscribers, it's that ESPN's entire business model is based on cable subscriber fees. And with a super liberal agenda being pushed on the network, they're losing viewers and ad revenue.

No other network is as reliant on people subscribing to cable and watching their stations as ESPN.
>>
>>75499976
maybe if they had coverage of actual leagues then maybe. I mean they are a """""sports""""" network right?
>>
They totally killed the Sportscenter brand. It used to be on every morning when I was getting ready and I'd turn it on when I got home and was getting something to eat. It was a staple in my life since I was a little kid.

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter. It's been at least 2 years.
>>
File: 1490085616136.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490085616136.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>get increasingly left leaning
>doesn't cover the only sport with a white majority
>>
>>75499973
And I cancelled my cable because of ESPN's leftist nonsense. Why is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>75499917
>turn from a sports network to a liberalism network
Can anyone explain this one to me? I have no idea what's going on at ESPN
>>
>>75499973
That's the main reason.

But it's also true that they are alienating viewers needlessly during a time when they need all the ratings they can get.
>>
goodbye, gruden
>>
>>75500035
The quality has deteriorated sure, but honestly Sportscenter is pretty fundamentally outdated
>>
>>75500081
Haha, no. Just show the Fucking highlights of the games. We don't need a bunch of idiots discussing meaningless shit.
>>
File: 1483415472780.jpg (56KB, 712x498px) Image search: [Google]
1483415472780.jpg
56KB, 712x498px
>yfw they fire Hubie
>>
>>75500050
They were bought by the disney jews, everything disney buys turns into hardcore sjw propaganda, marvel comics, star wars, etc.

It failed with ESPN because people watch sports to get away from politics
>>
>They could cut 70 people

this is going to be fun
>>
>>75500042
What do you have now?
>>
>>75500050
Clay Travis (who writes about this alot) speculated that it's because Disney's CEO wants to run against Trump in 2020, and having a SJW ESPN is a way to beef up his street cred with Democrat voters.
>>
>>75500081

A little, but there's still a place for a highlight show. If they just ran through highlights of all the action like they used to, I'd be watching.

Now it's the six with jemele hill and that other dude making pop culture references and interviewing rappers. Gay as fuck.

My barber used to always have ESPN on...now it's mostly the golf channel.
>>
>>75500050
They show a lot of politically fueled content and discussion tangentially related to sports, but people don't turn on sports networks to see and hear those things, they tune in to relax after work and get caught up on the games of the previous day
>>
>>75500081
>show the Fucking highlights of the games

But you can get highlights of any game instantly online. Why sit through commercials and an hour-long TV show?

That's why Sportscenter is outdated. Honestly, anything but live sports are outdated as well.
>>
>>75499917
Cable has been dying that why they tried to become something different with more web appeal and such
>>
>>75500163
>We don't need a bunch of idiots discussing meaningless shit.

I don't disagree, but isn't filling airtime with this much cheaper? Showing nothing but highlights doesn't work because people can just use a computer now and not sit through the shit they don't care about.
>>
File: 1485470103693.jpg (4KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
1485470103693.jpg
4KB, 160x180px
God I would laugh so fucking hard if they fired that faggot Bomani Jones. They never will tho.
>>
File: lizard of the year.jpg (48KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
lizard of the year.jpg
48KB, 307x409px
>>75500184
>literately ruining all your properties just so you can get owned by mark zuckerberg in the 2020 democratic primaries
>>
>>75500184

Actually very possible.
>>
>>75500036
There's two sports with a white majority. Hockey and baseball. ESPN doesn't cover either
>>
>since I was a little kid

thats the thing. What was that, 10-15 years ago?

I literally wake up sometimes, shut off my alarm, and right to espn.com as my eyes are still adjusting to see who won the late playoff game or whatever. Yeah as a kid, i remember waiting on ESPN, waiting for it to reach MLB on the bottomline, then waiting for it to show my team. if i was lucky i could see the highlights as well if they showcased it as i watched. They can't compete with the instant results we can find ourselves.
>>
>>75500270
according to he jews that run the mead 80% of america is black and transsexual*

*please ignore all those white people that dont live in new york or california
>>
The real question is: Will FS1 pick up the laid off?
>>
I think they're starting to crack. I turned on SC last night and there was some hipster band playing a song in their studio.
>>
>>75500303
FS1 blows too. It's just ESPN lite at this point, minus any real highlight shows.
>>
>>75500050
>"welcome to sportscenter
>we had a player throw a no hitter
>a historic comeback in the NHL playoffs
>and the NBA MVP was announced
>but we begin with Mel Kiper's mock draft 5.0 and how close Colin Kaepernick is close to signing"
>>
>>75500304
was it a band primarily made of white males?! boycott ESPN now!
>>
>>75500050
It's not really. It's shifted to just being more black and urban culture focused, which I guess equals liberalism.
>>
File: cropped_esoncaucasians.jpg (95KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
cropped_esoncaucasians.jpg
95KB, 1280x966px
>>75500251
>>
>espoused views that are different than the views of 90% of their viewership
>heavily overspend on broadcasting rights for third rate leagues and """"""""""""sports""""""""""""""""
>bases their whole business model on the relic know as "cable tv"

The best part about this is watching when Mike and Meshugganah are fired.
>>
Barry Melrose is the only safe white guy right? Since he's their only hockey correspondent.
>>
>>75500303
lol no. The thing people are seeming to ignore here is that every cable channel is feeling this same amount of heat. ESPN's fall only happens to look huge because of how big a share of the market they had. ESPN is reacting the cable cutting first, but they won't be the only company to find trouble in the next few years. The dinosaurs of TV are toast.
>>
>>75500334
The problem is they overdosed it to the point of annoyance.

There's been an 'urban' presence just naturally in mainstream Sports for decades, but they went full BET.

And even blacks don't like Jamele Hill and Smith
>>
What's also hurt Sportscenter is the "NFL Live" type shows that herd all single-sport fans to those programs. If I only care about football, why would I waste my time sitting through NBA stuff on SC?
>>
File: 1462233546003.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1462233546003.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
customer: "Put on sports"

ESPN:" leftist politics and hip hop it is"
>>
If you watch espn you are part of the problem not the solution
>>
>>75500368
>tfw you watch "NFL Live" in June
>>
This was foretold on the day they canceled Stump the Schwab. It was confirmed when they fired Schwab 7 years later.
>>
Who will be the biggest bane they fire?
>>
>>75500444
Was Stump the Schwab the GOAT trivia show?

I binged watched on espn classic constantly
>>
Is it really that bad down there lads? Canada is pretty Liberal but TSN seems to stay away from politics. We have quite a few Pajeet on our sports networks but other than that the focus in pretty much all on sports
>>
>>75500356

This. Sports are pretty much the only thing I watch on TV anymore, and that's only because online streaming for sports is either too expensive (if you decide to pay the league for it) or too unreliable and risky (if you try your luck with third-party sites).

I loved that the NFL streamed some of their TNF games on Twitter last year, but now you have to have an Amazon Prime subscription for this year.
>>
>>75500486

It's really bad. ESPN made the decision to pander to SJWs and feminists, neither of whom watch sports. EVERY program pushes the same liberal agenda. The only tolerable thing to watch there is a live sporting event.
>>
>>75500486
>quite a few Pajeet
that's worse than us
at least our minorities play(ed) the sports they talk about
>>
Thank god for based TSN
>>
>>75500486
The main reason for this has nothing to do with political leanings, and everything to do with people simply not subscribing to cable TV services anymore. ESPN just happened to be the channel that got the most money per subscription from cable service companies. Now they will suffer the most and will need to lower overhead costs. Easiest way to do this is to fire expensive "talent".
>>
File: lm.jpg (132KB, 1366x411px) Image search: [Google]
lm.jpg
132KB, 1366x411px
>>75500486
you tell me m8
this is their twitter homepage
>>
>>75500551
Those two are the biggest problem

Their shit is awful
>>
>>75500535
>company starts forcing sjw madness down audience throats
>ratings, subscriptions, and money plummet
>IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LEFTISM REEEEEEEEE

Happens every time.
>>
>>75500551
>turn on sportcenter after a day at work to get a quick rundown on what happened in the afternoon for sports
>its these two talking to some black rapper about black privilege

Hmm
>>
I've posted before about how euro ESPN is a good sports channel.

They show PTI and Around the Horn. Everything else is live sports, highlights or 30 for 30. Somehow ESPN still hasn't worked out that this is a winning formula.
>>
>>75500605
This

Sjw were a mistake

Haven't watched espn in like 3 years
>>
>>75500605
Subscriptions to cable would have been plummeting regardless of whether or not ESPN started pushing leftist propaganda.
>>
>Bloodbath
>"""could""" cut

FAKE NEWS if anything some beat reporters no one cares about will be layed off but everyone in here expecting a salting of the earth will be disappointed.
>>
While I think the sjw shit might be part of this, I really don't think this is the main reason for why ESPN is cutting people now. I mean fox sports isn't overly liberal and they stick to sports yet their numbers are worse than ESPN. Shows like speak for yourself and undisputed barely bring in viewers
>>
File: 1462232647001.jpg (37KB, 371x330px) Image search: [Google]
1462232647001.jpg
37KB, 371x330px
We're not asking you to go full MAGA and turn rightwing, we're asking you to shut the fuck up and talk about sports.

Is it that hard jews.

I mean, come on
>>
>>75500486
it's only really sportscenter that people are mad about. as kids we all grew up watching it over breakfast or when we got home, before every highlight was immediately uploaded on the internet and I can see it on my phone literally seconds after something happens. peopled continued to watch it despite the internet because hearing some guy yelling meme shit over them is more fun and it's just relaxing to sit and see it all aggregated.

ESPN conflated cable cutting and falling ratings with their programming being "out-of-touch" so they started talking about social media and other crap to appeal to a younger demographic. then disney bought them and they went full retard with literal #blacklivesmatter coverage and they shoved all these young black literal who's into the spotlight, over the goofy white guys who built their following in the first place.
>>
>>75500614
They dont show midday sports. From 1am-7pm, it is very rare to find sports on ESPN. You get those very rare divegrass international games at like 3pm-ish. the rare wednesday mlb games at 1pm. that might be it.
>>
>>75500614
the jews have an agenda to push, even if they lose money.
People in middle america living paycheck to paycheck, working 3 part time jobs just to live in a one room apartment dont want to be lectured to by some self hating lib faggot or nigger about being privileged.

These people live in a bubble.
>>
>>75500624
Reportedly 40-70 people from on screen talent.
Thats pretty huge.
>>
>>75500628
no it's all the sjw's fault
>>
>>75500035
Same to all of this, except it's been far more than 2 years since I last watched sportscenter. Closer to 5 or 6. I don't think there's anything they could do to win me back, but what do they care? I'm not their target audience, I'm a mid 30's white male. (Cisgendered Shitlord)
>>
>>75500614
This is the way it ought to be. PTI and Around the Horn are the only good shows left on ESPN.
>>
>>75500042
its not, but its also essentially inconsequential. ESPN hasn't performed worse than its peers. You guys attributing it primarily to alleged liberalism are a great example of confirmation bias
>>
File: 6.jpg (87KB, 971x530px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
87KB, 971x530px
I just unironically went on reddit espn to see what they have

who exactly likes this channel
>>
>>75500792
TVs in bars, diners and restaurants across America.
>>
>>75500409
What if I don't watch ESPN but I still pay for it as part of a cable package? I only sometimes watch foreign sports on the ESPN3 app.
>>
File: nig&nog.png (34KB, 351x424px) Image search: [Google]
nig&nog.png
34KB, 351x424px
>>75500081
Believe it or not , people want to see sports news and highlights on a sports network. That's like saying that the evening news format is outdated.

Even worse, now Sportscenter has the same format as the 2 shows that come on before it, the '2 to 4 people give hot takes on the 5 biggest stories of the day' format. They are cannibalizing their own ratings for that block. Nobody is going to watch 2 hours of forced studio banter, so they're going to pick either the first hour, or SC6 if they want less sports coverage and decent banter, and more discussion about things posted on Twitter and Instagram.
>>
File: 1492973257534.jpg (50KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1492973257534.jpg
50KB, 500x703px
>>75500792
>PS I love Jemele.
>>
>>75500642
Ironically, ESPN is one of the biggest reasons for cord cutting. Young people realized they were paying 5 dollars a month on their cable bill just for ESPN, with no way to cancel it. ESPN used the jew magic to embed themselves on every basic cable package. It made everyone rethink the concept of paying 60 dollars a month for 100 channels when the average person only watches 5 channels consistently.

In response, ESPN is trying to mass appeal to a group that's most likely to not even own a television.
>>
>tfw based ESPN Deportes doesn't have any SJW bullshit
Lmao, amerilards are cucked
>>
>>75501123

It's actually around 7 per month, for every cable/sat subscriber.

next most expensive channel is TBS at around 2 dollars.
>>
We first cut cable back in 2005 for the fact that other than sports and around 5 other channels we never really watched much tv. When i was in college I would just leave Espn or Cartoon network running in the background cause nothing else was worth watching. We just got a Directv Att cable package with 200 or so channels, and surprise, we only watch sports and 5-8 other channels.
>>
>>75500605
You do know that when ESPN loses a subscriber, so does every other cable network, right?
>>
>>75501290
isn't the very existence of espn deportes "SJW bullshit" according to you people?
>>
>>75499917
dude lets change the programing to hip hop and negro memes lmao
dude who cares that the majority viewership is white males lmao
watch THE 6IX or youre a racist lmao
>>
>>75500760
It actually has performed much worse than other network cable channels
>>
>>75501343
all of cable is cucked
only trust anime
>>
File: 1439139710313.png (42KB, 411x418px) Image search: [Google]
1439139710313.png
42KB, 411x418px
>>75501290
>AM radio in my area has 3 stations just for ESPN radio
>1 station for FOX Sports radio
>6 months ago, the FOX station switches to ESPN Deportes
>have to listen to LeBatard rant about how everyone who doesn't like him should switch stations every time someone tells him he's race baiting.

That fat-faced fuck probably knows I can't. That's how he keeps getting away with this.
>>
>>75500630
This

Hell I'm left leaning and all I want from ESPN is sports shit. Literally no one asked them to do this.
>>
File: how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png (168KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png
168KB, 500x285px
>>75500551
>their first night on sportscenter is the night after the Superbowl
>the literally said the falcons we're trying to win the Superbowl "for tha culture"
>>
File: 1486176259376.png (1MB, 824x854px) Image search: [Google]
1486176259376.png
1MB, 824x854px
>>75500171
I'm not going to dispute the validity of this because idk, but if that's true Walt Disney is rolling in his grave because he was as anti semitic as you could possibly be, even for his time
>>
>>75499968
>My dad used to work for ESPN.
My dad used to work for Nintendo and I'm guessing he's even happier he left and started working for Blizzard now than when he first left in 2008.
>>
>>75501343

You do know that all networks aren't reliant on subscriber fees like ESPN is, right?
>>
File: 1471787506277.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471787506277.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>75500036
they used to cover hockey
>National Hockey Night will never return
>>
>tfw our ESPN is good
I feel bad for you burgers
>>
>>75500491
>too unreliable and risky (if you try your luck with third-party sites).
Holy shit, when the fuck will you redditors leave? how can you be this bad with a computer?
>>
Fucking morons. I wouldn't want to see two black people yelling at each other for 30 minutes either. I haven't watched E!SPN since they rammed Tebow down my throat. I care about the sports not about religion or sob stories or black culture. Hope your network burns to the ground you useless shits.
>>
>>75500050
In the US, all network cable providers were required to include ESPN with your cable tv subscription, even the most basic package. They charged exorbant fees. Those fees were used to purchase exclusive broadcast rights to all the major sporting leagues in the US.

When more and more people began to "cut the cord" and cancel ESPN, the network got deperate. They literally threw anything at the wall to see if it sticks. The result is a series of strange, combative "talk shows" pitting opposites together or awkward, forced buddy-buddy interactions. They strayed from highlight driven content to more divisive, opinionated content.
>>
File: 1493089912406-sp.jpg (152KB, 869x675px) Image search: [Google]
1493089912406-sp.jpg
152KB, 869x675px
>flip on DisneySports
>niggers pushing anti-white books marxist bait trash
SSSSKKKEEEEIIIIYYYYYPPPP
>>
>>75501606
You know the internal finances of every cable network?
>>
>>75499973
One of the reason cable is dying is because of ESPN. I think ESPN alone account for like 20 dollars for the average cable bill
>>
>>75500337
i hope that fuckinh race baiter has a beautiful negress daughter, raises her as a real nubian goddess. Heiress to fucking Zamunda core beauty. And then i hope he visits her one day and walks in on her getting COLONIZED by whichever white man pissed him off years ago and set off his assblasting
>>
If you watch ESPN Deportes it's what ESPN English should've been like. Actual sports discussions ranging from football to soccer to hockey to polo to tennis to everything.
>>
>>75501738

ESPN, aside from premium channels, is the only cable channel that is THAT reliant on subscriber fees. That's why they're 7 times more expensive than 95% of cable networks per month. It's also why they've been able to bid on everything like the NFL, CFP, golf majors, NBA, MLB, tennis majors, etc.

They have bigger bills than anyone.
>>
>>75500642
Disney has owned ESPN for decades. The man in charge is a UNC alum and I say all this is karma for not giving proper attention to UNC's academic fraud.
>>
File: 1491479491541-pol.jpg (2MB, 2634x3873px) Image search: [Google]
1491479491541-pol.jpg
2MB, 2634x3873px
>>75501697
You forgot, they also took sides and started pushing marxist trash. Also, "diversity" hires all over causing a huge lack of talent and IQ.
>>
>>75501761
This so much
ESPN isn't for sports fans
It's for TMZ fans role playing as men
>>
>>75500337
>tries to start some shit by wearing that shirt
>most white people just wanted to know if that shirt was a real thing so they could buy one

Better luck next time.
>>
>>75501758
w e w
e
w
>>
>>75499973
ESPN was the only cable channel I would watch, and now that they're shit I have no reason to keep paying for cable.
>>
>>75501868
>A white guy probably made that shirt.

That aside i think Russilo and Kanell are getting the boot. I dont know what others opinion are on the show but i rather like it cause most of the time they dont spend 2 hours talking about 1 thing and actually move onto other topics and be somewhat level headed about it.

I cant stand all the fake anger shit that first take uses. Its clickbait the TV show.
>>
File: IMG_0109.png (96KB, 363x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.png
96KB, 363x423px
>>75500270
Baseball is white majority but soon Hispanic. But are people up in arms over that? No. Because baseball is still fun to watch. I can care less for cespedes speaking English because I'm watching him hit homers and doubles to make my team win

And hockey is always entertaining. Don't understand why ESPN hates it even though they've shown games on the channel before. Probably the demographics and how it isn't "multicultural" or "diverse" yet one of the best defenseman is black

>>75500516
Watch hockey and baseball. You avoid politics and end up feeling good. Oilers fans booed at Trudeau during their games, and they don't push that bullshit of BLM or liberal agenda....except for the fact Curt schilling was removed and replaced with a shitty women to do night games
>>
>>75500733
>ATH
>Good
>>
>>75500605
At this point, they're losing, and they're in the death throes. Like a writhing corpse, they blame everything on whites yet the entire group of people outside and inside New York and California know this is bullshit. Problem is making the liberals understand their faults, yet they will fight until death
>>
>>75500630
Pretty much. Sports, anime, and music are what keep me from going insane at times. The problem is that these people need to slip this shit in every so often, and it's irksome. And even if stuff was right leaning, I'd get tired of it. I want middle ground, yet we won't get there
>>
>>75501659
And hockey is fucking Shit here yet it was once on ABC as well.

Why can't hockey be popular in the states? It's more entertaining then fucking basketball, and you can't predict who the winner of the cup is, unlike basketball. It's just two teams for the past 3 now
>>
Everytime these threads pop up you guys remind me what a wast of money my directv sub is. I onl;y watch Better Call Saul, Cops reruns and local news anymore. All shows I can easily download and and local news is free. The best thing imo is the dvr service but I can just buy one of those.
>>
>>75499917
I feel SVP for sure
And Jamal Hill and her sidekick with their latest failure will once again rebrand themselves with midnight SC
>>
>>75499947
unironically this
>>
>>75500184
Trump has to win the nomination first, no?
>>
>>75500035
Well to be honest, you're lucky then, because SC fell off hard
Instead of a rundown of everything, the "coming up" section would have 5/6 be the same thing reworded, and the 6th, the only one you're actually interested in seeing, would vanish from the scroll before it got to it. Replaced with "breaking news" of something Screamin A said 6 hours ago
>>
>>75502187
Tv is a waste now. Internet just blew it away. I only watch it for some adult swim, NHL network, NHL games, and the occasional news every now and then
>>
>>75500491
I honestly think the definition of third world should redefined to be person-specific rather than societal, and not having amazon prime is the qualifier
>>
File: westgod.jpg (200KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
westgod.jpg
200KB, 1000x1000px
>>75500733
What? the coon Wilbon and the kik Kornheiser are marginally better if you're looking for less social commentary than His & Hers.

At least that's how I remember it, I haven't watched in years and i'm loving all the (((E!SPN))) bashing of recent
>>
>>75501343

Good. Fuck em all.
>>
>>75502291
SVP is reported to be safe, along with all of the hosts of ESPN's "main" shows
>>
File: 1461291677238.jpg (94KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
1461291677238.jpg
94KB, 720x542px
>>75502159
>Why can't hockey be popular in the states?
a combination of bad decisions and not enough diversity. The '04 season getting cancelled and ESPN not renewing the rights was the nail in the coffin. Blacks are scared to enjoy a sport that's dominated by whites and would rather play basketball and football, two sports that are cheaper and have much more black talent. I agree that the Stanley Cup playoffs are much better but it'll never get out of that niche market. There was a point in time when Hockey was actually getting big but the bubble popped.
>>
>>75502564
>It isn't diverse enough
There's some Indian players, and people from khazistan or that one middle eastern hockey nation. Then there's subban, ho-sang, song, ward, Simmons, the other subban, Chris Gibson, and jones. It still is fun, but that makes SJW's mad for some reason

And the lockout did screw over the league. It makes teams start to die out in years, making dynasties a thing of the past practically. If there's one thing, I'm sorta glad Vegas got a team, but they need fans, and fast
>>
>>75502564
>The '04 season getting cancelled and ESPN not renewing the rights was the nail in the coffin.

This is why ESPN treats it like it doesn't exist. They spent a fortune on fucking monday night football but won't pay a penny for NHL games. I hope they go broke.
>>
>>75502631
Diversity in america means more blacks anon. Also there's no need for a Vegas team. I give it 10 years at best, literally Thrashers tier. Bettman keeps trying to expand but the talent pool just isn't big enough for expansion.
>>
>>75502702
I guess. But the most logical place is Quebec or Seattle. I'd even give Utah a shot, but they need a arena to hold hockey. It's a unusual state where the NHL wants to get a franchise in Vegas, but the NFL just fucked them over. They need to be very good just to gain fans. Think floridas 1996 cup run, but with
more scrap players and maybe fleury

>>75502681
They'll spend money on the fucking bears and jets, but if the Hawks and Lightning clash, they ignore it.
>>
>>75499976

maybe if you actually went along with it, it wouldn't be so bad you free thinking sack of shit.
>>
>/sp/ dying
>espn dying
>NFL ratings dying

Lads, maybe sports in general are dying
>>
>>75502772
>Quebec
of course, go for markets that lost a team. Hell bringing the Whalers back makes more sense than going blind into Vegas.
>>
>>75502865
Hartford could support more then Vegas and they could be a success. At best, move the hurricanes to somewhere that can produce a profit. Maybe Green Bay or Kansas City, or even Houston. They'd create more revenue then Vegas and florida
>>
>>75502922
>Green Bay

Green Bay has a population of 100k. That can't support a NHL team
>>
>>75499947

Kuharskys gone for Tennessee
>>
>they ignore baseball
>they ignore hockey
I mean E!SPiNTMZ is shit but what the actual fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>75500035
Same it was always in the background for me while doing things. It's been 4-6 years since I've watched it. I can get all the highlights I need from YouTube now with actual analysis as well.
>>
File: 1492039120532.png (62KB, 534x627px) Image search: [Google]
1492039120532.png
62KB, 534x627px
>>75502922
I wish the Whalers were back tbqh. Conneticut is always that state that can't make up it's mind so giving them a team was a great idea. You could market the shit out of "the battle of New England". Place them into the Atlantic division just like the old days with the Adams Division. They're like that little brother you haven't seen in years.
>>
>>75501573
>he thinks I'm lying
believe what you want m8, it's true
>>
>>75503006
>Can't support a NHL team
>Still has a football team

I'd say they would be good. Milwaukee is also good, but who knows if they want hockey
>>
>>75503192
Whalers also had the nicest jersey and brass bonanza is so damn cool to hear. Yet the hurricanes are a shitty team where they pull finals appearances out of their asses
>>
File: Hartford_Whalers_Logo.svg.png (68KB, 1085x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hartford_Whalers_Logo.svg.png
68KB, 1085x1024px
>>75503261
They also had a great logo. I can't believe that fucking team won the Stanley Cup and they still don't give a shit. Hartford would of lost their damn minds.
>>
>ESPN Mexico is amazing
I don't know if they are owned by Disney too but the management has been great and you can see that the people that works there loves their jobs.
>>
>>75499947
fpbp
>>
File: Capture.png (86KB, 807x700px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86KB, 807x700px
>>75499968
Is your dad Rush Limbaugh?
>>
>>75500270
They don't have NASCAR anymore either
>>
Kike and Mike is dead
Press F to pay your respects
>>
>>75501417
Nope, because ESPN Deportes mainly focuses on soccer, they usually don't cover amerilard sports and faggy SJW and politics shit
>>
File: mfw.jpg (189KB, 768x869px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
189KB, 768x869px
>>75500605
>stop watching ESPN a couple of years ago because of the politics
>get bored the other day
>turn on baseball game on ESPN
>they're talking about Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in 1947
>it's not Jackie Robinson day
>mfw ESPN turned Jackie Robinson day into Jackie Robinson weekend
>mfw we have to sit through this shit and pay our white guilt penance every year now
>>
MUH SECRET AGENDA! THEY TRYINA DESTROY THE ARYAN RACE!
>>
>>75504131
Quality post!
>>
>>75503975
>history = white guilt
Robinson BTFOing people to this day.
>>
File: chikkenz.jpg (48KB, 411x336px) Image search: [Google]
chikkenz.jpg
48KB, 411x336px
>>75504160
>being the first negroid to do something = history
>>
File: Dealer.jpg (42KB, 616x411px) Image search: [Google]
Dealer.jpg
42KB, 616x411px
>visit America for two months in Summer
>NBA finals are on
>Euro soccer tournament is on
>TVs with ESPN are ubiquitous
>only time I actually saw sport was golf when I went to a day spa

'Sports' network.

We had a free-to-air sport channel in Australia. It was sport all day. It then changed to something not a sport channel (think it's got movies and reality tv). They don't try to claim it's a sport channel anymore
>>
>>75504222
If it weren't for him, we'd be miles below every other country in baseball, and possibly every other sport besides swimming.
>>
>>75504283
If it weren't for him, some other jew would have signed some other nog to play ball first and the only thing that would be different is the number retired by MLB
>>
>>75503975
That's what you get for watching basebore
>>
File: 1491520636034.jpg (22KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491520636034.jpg
22KB, 408x352px
PLEASE BE KELLERMAN PLEASE BE KELLERMAN PLEASE BE KELLERMAN
>>
File: 9246292_G.jpg (34KB, 547x392px) Image search: [Google]
9246292_G.jpg
34KB, 547x392px
>>75504421
Catch those vapors Stephen A!
>>
By OP's logic, Fox News must be a liberalism network too, because they're hemorrhaging viewers just like all other TV channels.
>>
File: 20170424_205408.jpg (6KB, 78x78px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_205408.jpg
6KB, 78x78px
This salty negro is ruining the whole network
>>
>>75504802
Nigga, what?
They are the #1 watched channel in the country
>>
OP doesn't want to admit that ESPN started going south when "embrace debate" and the focus on five sports personalities overtook the network because he's absolutely enthralled by that stupidity.
>>
>>75504830
And ESPN is the #1 watched sports channel in the country.

Viewership isn't determined by how many people view one channel relative to all others. Cable television is losing massive amounts of subscribers. That affects all channels.

You're a moron if you really couldn't piece that together.
>>
>>75500042
But you didn't
>>
>>75504222
He wasn't even the first tho lmao
>>
>>75499917
when will they lose the rights to Pro games? MNF needs to go to someone competent maybe then the NFL will let it have good games again
>>
>>75504880
>small hole in boat
>"Should we plug it up?"
>"nah let's just hack at it with axes so it gets bigger"
>...
>"what do you mean the boat is sinking because we chopped it up it was already sinking somewhat before that means anything else we did didn't change anything omg what are you axephobic you bigot"
>>
>>75499917
>failed because liberal

ALLOW ME TO RETORT:

To constantly push out interesting coverage, hire "personalities" who no one cares about with intent to maie your network more entertainment than sports-- this is a push to make money with lower overheard. That's a Republican decision.

It surely saved them money while increasing revenues, but that doesn't last forever. Eventually you have to produce good product. ESPN failed because they put profits over quality content.
>>
>>75505268
>That's a Republican decision

I can't even fathom how fucked your economic and political views must be to try to psychoanalyse business decisions as being anthromorphologically equivalent to party voting decisions.
>>
>>75505268
>That's a Republican decision.

stopped reading there
>>
File: 1360896902641.png (676KB, 836x751px) Image search: [Google]
1360896902641.png
676KB, 836x751px
>>75502564
Blacks aren't rich enough to get there kids in Hockey, that sport ain't cheap
>>
does SVP still work for ESPN..
>>
>>75505268
>le evil capitalist republicans

do you think you live in a tv show or something m8
>>
File: tnlqYY.png (168KB, 312x300px) Image search: [Google]
tnlqYY.png
168KB, 312x300px
>>75505268
...so you're saying that lowering revenues and wasting money on inefficient practices are *non-Republican* decisions?
>>
>>75502039
I hope not, I love Russilo. It was better with SVP, and Kanell sucks, but the show is still aight. They probably won't fire on-air people.
>>
File: espn anime game.jpg (163KB, 1022x577px) Image search: [Google]
espn anime game.jpg
163KB, 1022x577px
>>75499973
This has more to do with ESPN's fall than anything. ESPN lives and dies by the cable subscribers. it's their entire business model.

Cable isn't a popular way to make money anymore. it is going the way of the newspaper. Millennials and Gen-Z don't give a flying fuck about ESPN, blatant liberal bias or not.

It's the most expensive cable channel by a mile, has very little important programming outside of sports events and highlights, and it can't compete with online sources.

Why would anyone watch sportscenter when they can find all of their desired info and highlights on twitter in under a minute?

If Disney wants ESPN to survive, it should move a majority of their content online. Interactive game streams ala twitch, forums, better news feeds, instant access to highlights, etc. That may not be what traditional sports fans like, but that is where the money is right now.
>>
>>75503496
>We still don't give a shit.
We are getting fed up with mediocrity after several flashes of brilliance in the 2000s. We would go to more games if A) the average prices matched the attendance figures (last place) and B) the concessions weren't so god damned expensive. That's assuming they continue to fail to make the playoffs. If they get a decent team together again people will go back to paying whatever the jagovs at the box office ask.
>>
>>75502564
its garbage, luck-based nonsense of a sport

espn is shitty but furpuck is worse
>>
>>75499917
Max Cuckerman
>>
>>75499973
>Cable is losing subscribers

t. retard

you do realize direct tv , cox , dish even time warner have online streaming

the subscription prices are lower than ever as well unless you are a dish sub.
>>
Don't worry. Their going to start showing video games as sports or some shit. /v/ is taking over.
>>
>>75505437
This guy knows what's up
>>
USA tv in general is for spastic retards, after watching U.K. Tv for soccer games it's much slower paced in general. Also the difference between kitchen nightmares, U.K. Version is so much better.
>>
For the people saying you can find game highlights online instantly...where the hell do you guys get baseball highlights that aren't just individual plays?
>>
>>75506977
mlb network
>>
>>75506977
>>75506984
this

MLB network is the GOAT of single sport networks

NFL network tends to bring up dumb politics and retarded shows like tackle my ride but have good programs like football life and their weekly version of MLB tonight that analysis and goes in depth with every game currently going on , a lesser version of MLB tonight

NHL network is okay

never watch NBA network but I imagine TNT is better
>>
>>75506984
MLB GOAT

quick pitch is great. Every game. Ranked from most to least exciting. One hour. Fucking love the home audio. And tiny analysis afterwards(shit like He improves to 12-0 all time against the Yankees) no eternal debates. And it's incredibly rare to find SJW shit
>>
>>75500407
damn you mad niggas feeling that Kdot.
>>
>>75500270
ESPN broadcasts baseball games

The fuck are y'all on about?
>>
>>75500171
>>75500184
Except the Disney CEO donated to Trump's campaign
>>
>>75507129
(((Trump)))
>>
>>75501506
he wasn't that's just a family guy meme
he made lots of antinazi propaganda cartoons
>>
>>75507129
>flood the world with the most obnoxious ham-fisted crazy leftie pop culture garbage
>fund the heir to the resulting wave of right wing resentment

What a genius.
>>
>>75507357
You don't need to like Nazis to hate Jews, Juan.
>>
>>75507367
oh please
>>
>>75507409
Ummmm sweetie?
>>
>Tfw cut Espn out of my package 3 years ago and only ever watch Espn deportes for sports news

At least they talk about sports and don't suck the dick of every minor sports related story like Lebrons new tattoo or some NFLiggers new rape video
>>
I have one channel that I watch on cable and that's ROOT Sports for the Astros. Other than that it's Netflix
>>
>>75500006
>And with a super liberal agenda being pushed on the network
this has nothing to do with it.
younger and more liberal people are the ones that are actually cancelling and in most cases now never subscribing to cable.
>>
I have my TV on FS1 now, fuck ESPN
>SKKEEEEIUUUUUUUUUUUUP
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-090215.jpg (214KB, 1438x739px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-090215.jpg
214KB, 1438x739px
THE DAY OF THE CORD

I am so fucking hype
>>
>>75507911
But it does turn off a conservative base that would still have subscribed to ESPN otherwise.

It's definitely not the main reason why the channel is dying, but it certainly doesn't help
>>
>>75508698
MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
Is MNF going to be shit again this season? the last 2 season had shitty fucking matchups

also Mike Tirico being at NBC and all
>>
Def gonna fire the white guys.

Rovell, Kornheiser, that funny hair hillbilly that covers NASCAR...they're all gonzers.
>>
Clay Travis called this shit like last month. He got railroaded for it too. ESPN folks and all of the faggot sports blogs like Awful Announcing shit all over him.

Turns out he was right.
>>
Is it really that bad?
Every time there is an ESPN show on tsn I cant watch for more than 5 minutes they barely talk about anything other than the Lakers, Lebron, or the NFL
>>
File: Untitled.png (56KB, 669x348px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
56KB, 669x348px
HERE WE GO BREHS

FIRE ALL DEM CRACKAS
>>
>>75508977
GET FIRED
GOES ON TWITTER TO REPORT IT
LOOKS LIKE I WAS BORN JUST IN TIME
>>
File: 1477981671587.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1477981671587.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
>>75508698
>>
>>75508887
>Kornheiser
>white
>>
>>75501453
Lebatard is fucking white, which makes his constant playing of the race card confusing and infuriating.
>>
>>75509044
He's fucking Cuban moron
>>
File: fc.jpg (5KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
fc.jpg
5KB, 249x203px
plz fire bomani
plz fire bomani
plz fire bomani
plz fire bomani
plz fire bomani
plz fire bomani
>>
>>75501868
That was actually the shirt for some d3 college sports team in the midwest, and it was so popular they ran out of shirts to sell in like a month.
>>
>>75509052
not him but cuban isnt a race you mongoloid. White is a race, nationality =/= race
>>
>>75502060
Hispanic isn't a race...
>>
>>75509074
A spic is a spic
>>
>>75501761
ESPN Deportes is like what ESPN used to be. I could be comfy and no matter what time is it I could switch to it and

1. there'd be sports on
or 2. if theres no sports, theres a show discussing the actual sporting events with no gimmicks
>>
>>75502564
No, hockey just isn't interesting. There is always a significantly popular sport on tv whenever hockey is on, which forces it to be a niche sport. And just like soccer, it depends on foreigners (Canadians for hockey, illegal Mexican immigrants for soccer).
>>
>>75502564

" Blacks are scared to enjoy a sport that's dominated by whites and would rather play basketball and football, two sports that are cheaper and have much more black talent"

this is unironically why they dont watch the sport. now imagine if it were the other way around. or imagine if people woke up and started developing the same views
>>
>>75504283
Except Jesse Owens and Joe Louis were winning international sports titles for the USA long before Jackie Robinson decided to play a sport that didn't even have an international competition.
>>
>>75509090
even though cuba was colonized by europeans?
>>
>>75504421
>>75504770
>mfw kellerman is a boxing expert and you respect him for that but now you realized he probably followed boxing for 'other reasons'.........
>>
>>75502159

The real answer is because the middle class is disappearing and America is on a slide into a third world hell hole.

The middle class, regardless of race, are the ones who play hockey. You need equipment and a family that isn't working a combined 120 hours a week to bring you to the rink early in the morning. When the base of people playing a given sport dry up, the base of people watching that sport will dry up as well.

This is the same reason movie theaters are on the way out too. No one ever seems to want to point out the problem behind all of this is that the middle class is shrinking, people don't have the disposable income that they had even 20 years ago, people are working more hours to make ends meet. So they have less money and less time and here we are.
>>
>>75509052
Cuban isn't a race moron. Do you think Aroldis Chapman and Ana de Armas are from the same race?
>>
>>75509148
>kellerman
>respect
>>
>>75509158
Literally who?
>>
>>75509159
have literally never watched him on anything except for 1. peak ATH and 2. HBO Boxing

didn't know he was such a meme these days
>>
>>75509166
This is Aroldis, a Cuban
>>
>>75509166
>when your shitposting is flawed so sll you can really say is memes
enjoy your L phampai
>>
>>75509166
And this is Ana de Armas, another Cuban. "Cuban" is no more a race than American, Brazilian, or French.
>>
>>75509186
Not him, but I have no idea who the fuck those two are either
>>
File: espn layoffs.jpg (60KB, 583x578px) Image search: [Google]
espn layoffs.jpg
60KB, 583x578px
>>
>>75499917

I'm a leftist democratic socialist and I can't watch ESPN even more. The pandering is too obvious and too much. I was doing cardio at the gym and in a five minute segment on ESPN I saw

>Super hot asian woman interviewing super hot black woman, neither of which were athletes
>Send it back to latino talking head in studio
>Who then interviewed overweight middle aged white woman

So they've clearly got a check list and are working off a quota system which anyone with a brain can see a mile away.

They've also killed all of their legit personalities from over the years, because they want to push the "brand" and not individual talented people.

Where are the Olbermans? Where is Kenny Mayne? Where are the Stuart Scotts? Where is Bill Simmons? Craig Kilborne?
>>
>>75509135
So spics don't exist because all of South and Central America was colonized by Europeans.
You fucking retarded nigger.
>>
>>75500163
its funny the opinions on this, some think highlight shows are all that matters, while others think they are meaningless because you can literally get highlights on your phone anywhere, and opinion pieces and shows are the only thing that matters for ratings, just look at how everyone left for FS1 because they are trying to build their brand around opinionists

what was originally a joke network is now more worth watching than ESPN and it doesn't have highlight shows, really jogs the nogin
>>
>>75509210
:(
>>
>>75509208
Just picked the first two Cubans who came to mind. In retrospect, it would have made a lot more sense to say "Cespedes and Lebatard".
>>
>>75509220
You're missing the point. Cuba has whites, blacks, and mulattos. Cuban isn't a race.
>>
>>75509217
Apparently they have an ESPN Women's Channel
>>
>>75509220
hispanics are white
>>
>>75509247
>hispanics are white

No, hispanics aren't all any one thing because hispanic isn't a race. There are whites, mestizos, blacks, mulattos, indios...hell, Peru even has asians.
>>
>>75507007
NBA network is good, not when it comes to "original" content but it's highlights and discussion all the time. Not as fun as TNT though.
>>
ITT: Idiot replublican Drumpftards from /pol/ who don't understand the evolving entertainment industry is more left of center and will be going more left til the right is dead for good.
>>
File: 1479226717619.png (304KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1479226717619.png
304KB, 600x675px
>>75509329
IT WAS HER FUCKING TURN
>>
>>75509241

Yeah, it's called ESPN.
>>
>>75509329

Which is why mainstream outlets are dying and have smaller online footprints than literal who eceleb conservatives popping up outta nowhere?
>>
>>75509329
These are people obsessively following a network they claim to hate

Nobody even posted about ESPN on here before they put black people on sportscenter
>>
>>75509210
one of the normal good guys on that channel

i bet Sal Pal is on the block next
>>
>>75509353
No, I am serious. It's called ESPNW. I saw it on my cable lineup, but it looks like it's already dead
>>
File: IMG_0176.jpg (73KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0176.jpg
73KB, 500x495px
>>75509393
>tfw ESPN doesn't allow comments on ESPNW articles on their website
>>
>>75509402
Shocking
>>
>>75505317
Conservatives, or at least Republicans (I admit they don't always overlap) tend to value profit over content.

>>75505430
Define "inefficient." It's "inefficient" to have baseball games go one three hours, when you can cram in commercials between every at-bat to increase revenue. That's what ESPN is doing to every major sport. Increase revenue? Yes. Keep viewers? Hell no, we're out.

ESPN resembles sports these days the way MTV resembles music.
>>
>>75499917
ESPN has been shit since 2005 at least (when I started watching NBA so I remember), they will go MTV path and become something totally different but still shit.
>>
>>75509402
lel
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 675x373px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 675x373px
LAY OFF ALL DEM WHITE BOIS
>>
>>75508977
>17 years

No loyalty
>>
ESPN is gonna be blacker than BET when this layoff is over.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 270x82px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 270x82px
Why the fuck does ESPN link to this shit?
>>
Greeny and Golic next

>>75509472

because they own it
>>
>people aren't watching us because we've gotten too leftist, what do we do
>let's fire anyone white
Bravo ESPN
>>
white men btfo
>>
File: Untitled.png (55KB, 660x355px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
55KB, 660x355px
Another white male. The purge is happening.
>>
>>75509478
Jesus Christ, I did not know that
>>
Dont worry lads, the six, one of espn most rated show, will not be affected.

So all is good :)
>>
>>75509329
>Turn on ESPN after a long day of work
>Want to see all the highlights and news from the day
>Instead get people talking about rappers and movies

Being left has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>75509486
people aren't watching because the content is shit. they didn't go "left," they just stopped covering sports.

we're all fans of "PTI" here, and that's great, but their decision to just add six more shows exactly like that shows the management is out of ideas, and that's the problem.
>>
>>75509478
Kike and Mike is already dead
Greenberg is getting his own show
>>
>>75509240
He'll never understand. Dont waste your breath buddy.
>>
>>75499947
this desu
>>
>>75508977
>>75509445
>>75509488
This is so exciting
>>
File: f YEAH.jpg (105KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f YEAH.jpg
105KB, 1920x1200px
>>75508977
>>75509445
>>75509488
/pol/ BTFO
>>
So ESPN pretty much fired everyone they employ to cover hockey. Which is like 2 ppl.
>>
File: Untitled.png (53KB, 668x359px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53KB, 668x359px
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha yes I've always hated this cunt
>>
File: 1453324749140.png (88KB, 476x624px) Image search: [Google]
1453324749140.png
88KB, 476x624px
>yfw Kornheiser is fired
>>
>>75509637
This only makes them more right.
>>
File: Untitled.png (715KB, 665x810px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
715KB, 665x810px
another white male
>>
File: 1480536316969.jpg (12KB, 205x241px) Image search: [Google]
1480536316969.jpg
12KB, 205x241px
>bomani and jemell still have their jobs
>>
>>75502332
incumbent president doesn't have to get nominated, jose
>>
>>75508977
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hate this cunt
>>
>>75509706
The pet nigs aren't going anywhere.
They're going to make them the new faces of the network
>>
File: its all so tiresome.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
its all so tiresome.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>75509730
already got SC6 baka
>>
Pierre LeBrun also cut. ESPN is totally axing all of its hockey reporters during the playoffs. Not too surprising since they dont even like covering the sport now.
>>
>>75501697
>They literally threw anything at the wall to see if it sticks.

I'm not so sure it wasn't Disney's plan all along to infuse ESPN with a left leaning model.
>>
>Other ESPN personalities are seeing their roles "significantly reduced," a person with knowledge of the situation told The Hollywood Reporter. They include Baseball Tonight's Karl Ravitch, ESPN Radio's Ryen Russillo and Hannah Storm, who has been a mainstay at ESPN for a decade and hosted various iterations of flagship SportsCenter,
>>
>>75509831

WHITE PPL BTFO

JEMELE GONNA HOST EVERY SHOW AND CALL EVERY GAME
>>
>>75499917
apparently it's really only the hockey people who are getting fired

>espn still covers hockey?
>>
>>75509831
white, white and white

has any non-white employee even been touched? if all these employees weren't brainwashed liberal sycophants, they would sue for wrongful termination based on race, since these firing surely aren't merit based, because based on performance it should be Jemele and Michael Smith who tank the ratings in every timeslot they are forcefed into
>>
>WAAAHHHHHHH only whites are getting fired!

How many nigs cover furpuck?
>>
I hope they fire reali and svp
>>
This seems borderline racist even though its rather funny seeing the new members of club neet
>>
i would not be shocked if 25% of espn programming is broadcast in Spanish after this
>>
File: 1408571936801.gif (547KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1408571936801.gif
547KB, 250x250px
>everyone expects them to fire all the whites
>they're firing all the whites
>>
This is the beginning of the end for ESPN. Cord cutting is accelerating and they're saddled by the broadcast rights contracts they massively overpaid for. Not sure what it means for sports as a whole; it seems a huge correction to players' salaries is coming.
>>
>>75509931
it's overdue

the top was the absolutely retarded NBA contract
>>
ESPN shouldn't have shunned hockey. Hockey fans are considerably more affluent than those of other mainstream sports.
>>
>>75509931
Good riddance. Disney was already thinking of selling it and it seems like that will be happening in the next few years
>>
>>75509654
>they actually fired a woman
THE ABSOLUTE MADME-

>she was white

oh, nvm
>>
Im a cynical 4chan cunt but i dont ever enjoy things like these. Except i cant hide my joy at this one superlib soccer guy who was pretty much Reddit personified whenever he disagreed with someone. Irony is i always thought his work was useless on top of the smug numale attitude, so this was one that espn actually got objectively right.
>>
These firings are all about making the company look financially more stable before disney sells it
>>
>>75509951
Who'd want to buy a massive money-loser?
>>
I just heard someone say Buchigross is kil as well
>>
>>75509962
People generally don't cheer firings, but ESPN was almost singlehandedly responsible for the increase in cable subscription rates.
>>
>>75500042
>>75499917
>>75500184
>>75500334
>>75501697
Why are amercans so dumb and why do they hate the left so much? You would think a nation which fought and died against the nazis would be more wary of fascism but they suck on it as if it were ambrosia.
>>
Is jason whitlock /ourguy/?
>>
File: IMG_7394.jpg (57KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7394.jpg
57KB, 800x591px
#FreeBucci
>>
>>75509989
His contract was up. They're just not renewing it.
>>
>>75509962
I stopped watching ESPN years ago, but I fucking hate that channel and pretty much everyone who works there, so pardon me for not giving a fuck and enjoying this day
>>
>>75501801
>nose piercing
>>
>>75509995
Only a hypersensitive snowflake would stop watching a channel they otherwise enjoyed because the channel dipped its toe into politics.
>>
>>75509995
He's a fat fuck and a troll. If he were white he'd literally be /sp/: the tv personality
>>
>>75510031
>Wants to watch sports to escape politics
>Sports channel starts covering politics
>Not allowed to get upset over this
>>
>>75510031
not if it was so blatantly obvious that it bled into literally all the coverage. i understand what you mean on top people here being how they are but be reasonable.
>>
>>75510031
Fuck back off to reddit faggot
>>
>>75509993
Really i would say a vast majority of Americans dont give much of a shit and go about our days. But its the ones who are on the far left or right that are always yelling and scremaing at each other that draw attention and drive their agendas.

>ESPN pays so little attention to Hockey that since there were no games last night that the season was over so they gutted what was left of their coverage.
>>
>>75510046
>>75510047
>>75510048
It's snowing.
>>
File: 1482121489190.gif (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1482121489190.gif
4MB, 600x338px
>>75510031
>ESPN
>dipping its toe into politics
>>
https://twitter.com/AWardESPN/status/857241815652720644

ANOTHER WHITEY BTFO
>>
>>75510031
>dipped its toe

you are way underselling their political shilling. They became a political network that used sports as a medium
>>
Good I hope they fire that cunt on their baseball broadcasts she literally has no idea what she is talking about
>>
>>75509993
>why are yuropoors white guilt cuckolds?
>>
>>75510061
>terrified of the liberal boogeyman

Go stroke your gun to calm down, Cletus.
>>
>>75509993
the left used to be the reasonable party. between the extreme shilling they now do and the targeted killing of the only liberal grassroots movement in america (bernie), they are doing more harm than good. is it an overreaction to hate the left? no
>>
kill whitey desu
>>
File: wew.jpg (30KB, 452x337px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
30KB, 452x337px
hm
>>
When /sp/ turns into /spol/
>>
>ESPN is shit now because they changed
Well no shit they changed because the old stuff had declining ratings
>>
>>75505437
>hating guilty gear

I smell Capcuck drone in this post
>>
>>75510102
/tv/ too
Lots of red pills being handed out lately
>>
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/confirmed-espn-layoffs-constantly-updated.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>hanna storm role being reduced

they get rid of mai waifu but keep the sheeboons on air every minute of ever hour. Sad!
>>
>>75510102
the day /sp/ was saved
>>
>ESPN literally covering NASCAR right now
>Football shortly after

>MUH LIBERALS!!!!!!!!

Only on 4chan do you find this paranoid autism. They cover everything still, they broadcast fucking college hockey ffs. You get a special here and there that lean a little left and suddenly all you spergs literally go into a rage, yet if they started leaning a little right I doubt anyone would have a issue with it on this website.
>>
The problem isn't with ESPN and liberalism.

It's with their contracts they signed with all these networks. They basically paid money to get these contracts that they could never make their money back on.

Thread too long...didn't read.
>>
>>75510102
Same group of fuckwits who proudly vote against their own interests to line the pockets of old white men who couldn't give less of a shit about their wellbeing.
>>
>>75510053
>>75510084
To an external observer calling Hillary a "leftie" is ludicrous. That's definitely not what the left is.

And then there's the strange thing of the cult of ignorance. But I guess that's a characteristic of the modern times, not just of America.
>>75510081
And where do you get that from?
>>
>>75499976

If you can't learn to fly, learn to fall faster.
>>
>>75510134
shouldn't you be checking your emails to see if you still have a job

>>75510122
whats the point of reducing someone's role instead of outright firing them
>>
>>75510121
I love that the idea of a redpill was created by a transwoman
>>
>>75510090
oh shit, based Dougherty
>>
>>75509949
I love hockey but this is just false. Hockey doesn't pull in the same numbers as other sports. Their problem isn't lack of hockey, even though I wish they'd have more than Barry Melrose.
>>
/POL/ BTFO

EAT SHIT DRUMPFTARDS
>>
>>75510141
Yuropoors across the continent are voting in politicians that are replacing the indigenous
>>
>>75502060
>Curt schilling was removed
That was the only thing good for ESPN removing that piece of shit
>>
>>75510167
It's not a question of numbers, it's a question of who is more likely to pay for cable.
>>
>>75510176
Limit yourself to talk about things you understand, please.

It's laughable to hear something like that from a nation of immigrants.
>it's okay if I do it but it's not if someone else does it
>>
>>75509930
the irony is old white people are the only ones who still subscribe to cable tv and pay for espn.
>>
Ok...by the gathering...you guys have turned this into a fucking political thread. Holy fuck you're mental midgets.

As I said above...its because ESPN paid exorbitant amounts for their contracts. Cable viewership as a whole is dropping due to streaming services (netflix, hulu, etc..)..

ESPN has lost about 20 million cable subscribers over the last 5 years. Which is why they're rotating to more TMZ, clickbait, controversial topics...Aka political topics...to increase viewership.

This is all fact...and if you're still arguing about politics after this post your a shitlord who I hope dies in ww3 so we can purge humanity from your basic bitch, conservative/liberal-dichotomy thinking brain.

They've already been firing baseball beat writers.
>>
maybe people don't watch sports shows as much as they used to. old men sat down to listen/watch old men talk about sports all day, younger generation do other stuff.
>>
>>75510153
>transwoman

Those two faggots are not women by any meaning of the word.
>>
I had no idea so many beta numales browsed /sp/
>>
>>75510221
THIS

FUCK OFF DRUMPFTARDS
>>
Anyone got the kill count yet and the list
>>
>lets stop racism by trying to convince people it doesnt exist

im racist(going by just skin color alone is ridiculous)

black people are the most racist people on the planet(how could you not be?)

racism isn't going anywhere, ever
>>
File: Destroy.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Destroy.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>yfw they force le why man into retirement
>>
>Cable has clearly been dying and slowing becoming less popular over the past ten years with the advent of streaming, firesticks/Apple TV/ etc.
>A cable network naturally like most cable networks in this time has to cut back on spending because of diminishing revenue due to fewer people in the market due to technological advances

>ITS THE LIBERALS!!!!!!!!

This mental disease is serious
>>
>>75510221
>it can't be both reasons

tarded
>>
>>75510213
I guess there is a reason Italy is a 3rd world shithole
>>
>>75510194
It is a question of numbers, and hockey loses.
>>
File: 1459671763002.jpg (9KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459671763002.jpg
9KB, 180x200px
>turn a tv channle that has nothing to do with politics hard left
>ratings plummet to the point staff is being fired and people have to take pay cuts
>REEEEEE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITCS

I guess libtard politics trump the profit motive
>>
>>75510257
Announcing a report is a bannable offense
>>
>>75510226
sticks and stones
may break my bones
but 3 million votes still wont win
:^)
>>
>>75510194
and there isn't more people who watch hockey paying for cable than the big sports, so I am not sure what you are getting at. It is most certainly a question of numbers.
>>
>>75510221
The NEET conservitards of /sp/ have either convinced themselves that no one watches ESPN due to whatever political leanings they think the channel has (even though those could only be expressed in a non-live-sports context, and live sports are far and away the biggest ratings draw), or they themselves are so sensitive that they've stopped watching the channel entirely. It's basically a group of conspiracy theorists or snowflakes. Really enviable bunch.

But the reality is, as you say, this has everything to do with cord cutting.
>>
>>75510221
>ESPN has lost about 20 million cable subscribers over the last 5 years. Which is why they're rotating to more TMZ, clickbait, controversial topics...Aka political topics...to increase viewership.

Well, look how well thats working out
>>
>>75510226
upvote for you sir
>>
>>75510221

They're so misguided, though. They're going to fire the people that write/report about things ESPN viewers ACTUALLY WANT, like REAL SPORTS, and keep the people that opine over things that ESPN viewers don't give a shit about, like politics/hot take issues.
>>
>>75510262
One of the reasons is just being discussed to soothe your sense of self worth. It's not significant enough to dictate managerial decisions.
>>
When you pay for cable...traditionally about 6 to 7 dollars of that monthly cable package went straight to ESPN.

They basically signed deals they could break even with....SEC, BIG 10, NBA all got major deals with ESPN. The fun hasn't even begun.

Those deals all go through 2020.
>>
>>75510274
>what's cord cutting

A furtive look into the mind of a moron.
>>
what ever happened to this guy and the lebron-slurping fat faggot
>>
>people unironically claiming politics had nothing to do with ratings decrease

wew
>>
>all these cucked progressives coming out of the wood work to defend their failing ideology

el o el
>>
>>75510307
Fox sports
>>
>>75510264
We have our share of problems.

If you include Italy in the list of 3rd world countries then you're on the top of the list, hope you realize that.
>>
>>75510274
This would be a argument if you had anything FACTUAL to back it up and not fanatical rants and autstic conspiracy theories

You can analytically connect lower cable subscribers to a cable networks lower revenue stream
>>
>>75510317
>I'm a pretty little snowflake please don't say things I don't want to hear
>>
>>75510317
ESPN's competitors are struggling too. Sorry m8
>>
>>75510252
>black people are the most racist people on the planet

why is this never discussed? we're just weakening ourselves when whites have to play by different rules
>>
>>75510328
>Virgin
>>
>>75510317
>liberal media company is out of touch
>liberal media company sees nothing wrong with inserting politics into sports

every time
>>
>>75510317
I'm not, but the thought that they changed just because of le liberal boogeyman is dumb
>>
>>75510290
Oh wtf...you know you pay for ESPN when you get cable right? Whether you watch it or not?

So whether they tune in isn't the issue. Rotating to controversial subjects will create more viewership and they can make some ad revenue.
>>
>>75510320
It's almost as though Clinton received 3 million more votes than the Cheeto.

>Congress
Gerrymandering.
>>
With Ed Werder gone, who's going to camp out in the Cowboys locker room now?
>>
>>75510297
>It's not significant enough to dictate managerial decisions.
citation needed
>>
>>75510328
>i watch and read stuff i dont like
doubt
>>
>>75510221
You have the cause and effect wrong. Cable viewership is down, sure, that's correct, and ESPN needed to do something to recover ratings, that is also correct.

The issue lies in how they tried to gain ratings, first they tried that TMZ, lefty politics bullshit to get new viewers in, with the idea that they would get new demographics to watch the network. The problem was that this turned off all the old viewers who watch sports TV to escape the real world shit every other network covers, so you were left with your small amount of new SJW viewers. So then they tried to save their old viewers by overpaying for sports broadcast rights, which would force sports fans to watch their network anyway. But this bankrupted the network because it was a shitty business plan.

So in some ways you are right, it's not a political decision to fire these people, it's a business decision, they need to cut expenses. But that business decision was a direct result of political decisions the network has continually made over a 10 or so year period.

And they are doubling down politically and financially, keeping the contracts of pseudo-sportswriters like Jemele and firing the real pros like Werder et all
>>
>>75510352
Subscribers and ratings are plummeting

Pushing libtard politics and gossip and niggers isnt working.
The people who think its working are the same people who thought clinton would win
>>
>>75510353
Ah, the widdle liberal's brain broke. Sad!
>>
>>75510353
she was confused

she campaigned more in california more than wisconsin
>>
>>75510353
>It's almost as though Clinton received 3 million more votes than the Cheeto.

Ok, that's true.

>>Congress
>Gerrymandering.

You have to go back.
>>
https://twitter.com/jessetemple/status/857249962559774721

YET ANOTHER WHITEY OUT.

We now stand at 10 white men, 1 white woman fired from ESPN.
>>
>>75510353
its almost as if the electoral college was put in place to prevent large population centers from dictating the election

really joggin the noggin here
>>
>>75510365
You're irredeemably stupid.
>>
>>75510378
Think these fucks will put two and two together and realize why they are being fired?
>>
/pol/ was a mistake
>>
>>75510359
Look at subscription numbers of their competitors
Look at the discussion in earnings calls for all content creators
Look at ESPNs ratings on original programming vs live sports

Stop being retarded. Most people aren't obsessed with this stuff, even if you guys are loud.
>>
>>75510332
sports in general are dying. /sp/ won't admit this but the bread and circus they hold dear is being replaced exactly because it's too expensive and there are cheaper alternative forms of entertainment like netflix or vidya. also the millennial gen is too busy working to pay off loans to watch anything on linear tv, sports included.
>>
>>75510382
Nice ad hominem, you win again liberal.
>>
>>75510403
>Most people aren't obsessed with this stuff, even if you guys are loud.

Holy shit, the irony is killing me
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 521x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 521x390px
>>75510372
Heady retort, Billy Bob.

>>75510375
>this isn't gerrymandering
>>
>>75510320
I'm not even a fucking progressive you fucking baby brained idiot. Here...I can play your stupid marginalizing game too.

>all these conservatives grabbing onto something that might be failing and labeling as liberal with zero evidence so they can feel better about their political choices.

I got a degree in Finance and Political Science at Berkeley and I've explained why ESPN is failing with details. And before you shit your pants thinking I'm liberal cause I went to Berkeley...I'm not. Big difference between students and residents of Berkeley.
>>
"Hmmm should i cater to the majority of america or just the coastal cities and niggers?
I mean, being politically neutral would alienate no one and we might make a profit!"- a jew
>>
>>75510360
You know why /pol/ is retarded? Because they don't listen and look at things they don't like when forming thier opinions and ideologies. They echo the same five things at each other without question and it might work short term but it will never actually get you anywhere. Someone challenging you beliefs only makes them stronger if you can actually intelligently defend them and this is something /pol/ cannot do because if anyone does challenge them they throw a autstic hissy fit and spout buzzwords and parroted opinions.
>>
I am confused of the leftist apologists in this thread. How can you be a sports fan and a major lefty faggot at the same time? Or is leddit/ctr having a raid.
>>
>conservatives can see how their politics may alienate some viewers (Fox news for example)
>liberals cant see how their politics may alienate some viewers

really?
>>
>>75510407
Your argument is that ESPN went from sports to politics in response to losing subscribers YEARS before they actually started losing subscribers. That's why you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>75510428
This is what happened when Redditors moved here after visiting r/4chan
>>
>this thread is about hating ESPN for,making everything about politics
>every 4Chan thread in the past year including this one has done the same thing
You are all morons
>>
just stop watching, where's the problem

once they start losing ratings and by that money, they will have to change
>>
>>75510369
the thing is that old people still have cable. they are more likely to vote Repub. It's the younger people who are never buying cable. If you are a GOP homer this is not a good thing if your entire base are babyboomers and up. Your base will eventually die off.
>>
>>75510425
Change /pol/ with reddit etc and youre still right
>>
>>75510419
Poor bait mate
>>
>>75510378
They only have a handful of non whites at ESPN to begin with, of course whites would be the ones who mainly get fired since there's a lot Kyle of them
>>
>>75510430
>analogizing ESPN to Fox News

This is when you know you've lost the argument.
>>
thank you to our incredible moderating team for leaving up this thread for 18 hours and 400 replies
>>
>>75510425
/pol/ must live in your head rent free
>>
>>75510468
How is ESPN not sports related?
>>
>>75510459
>They only have a handful of non whites at ESPN to begin with

kek
>>
>>75510468
FUCK OFF BACK TO POL

YOU GUYS ALWAYS START COMPLAINING ABOUT MODERATION WHEN YOU START LOSING
>>
>>75510378
if you have 90 white people and only 10 non white people then statistically and to anyone that has a IQ over 70 you can see how your going to have more white people let go because it's the majority you fucking idiot

>hurr durr what are statistics
Most the people whohave been let go reported on irrelevant shit
>>
>>75510403
>sports fan overwhelmingly voted trump
>sports fans watch and pay for ESPN
>espn going left has nothing to do with lower ratings

wew lad
>>
>>75510414
I'm not liberal at all. However I was an equity research analyst. I believe you just made yourself look silly by assuming.
>>
>>75510482

ESPN is certainly sports related. derailing a thread from literally the first fucking reply into political flaming and racebait is not sports related
>>
>>75510463
>says nothing
>claims victory
>>
>>75510487
ok then, how many do they have? And how much whites do they have in comparison?
>>
>>75510508
Blame the butt hurt liberals then. This thread was peaceful until 10 minutes ago
>>
>>75510491
did you say the same about the oscars controversy last year?

>if you have 90 white actors and only 10 non white actors then statistically and to anyone that has a IQ over 70 you can see how your [sic] going to have more white actors win awards because it's the majority you fucking idiot
>>
>>75510503
>it's just a coincidence that millions of people have stopped paying for cable television around the time ESPN (and everyone else, including right-leaning networks) have suffered ratings hits

Moron.
>>
>>75509966
If no one buys, they can just spin it off and let ESPN fend for themselves again.
>>
>>75510520
you should watch ESPN before commenting on it
>>
>>75510405
I dont think their dying but their fanbase is def declining, mostly due to nu-males and the lack bullying and allowed fighting in our schools.
>>
All these white cumskins getting the fucking cut is making my dark colored schlong hard
>>
This is some fun stuff. The backlash is going to be so awesome. Keep screenshotting twitter posts about them getting fired please.

I hate ESPN with a passion. Only show I watch (and I stream it illegally online) is PTI and even that can get a little too liberally bullshit for me. The SC6 was obviously a horrible idea from the get go, but they continued to shove it in everyone's faces. So glad it's tanking and that people are finally realizing that Disney fucked over ESPN and decades of good sports reporting and awesome sports memories to fulfill some bullshit, leftist pipe dream that will only satisfy nu males, feminist cunts, and the evil cisgendered whites that ESPN so commonly vilifies.
>>
>>75510534
Yeah? It's the same argument either way just because i understand it doesn't mean everyone else will
>>
>>75510365
I disagree. ESPN makes their money off your cable package whether you tune in or not.

Basically your order of events are out of sync.

The rating were dropping 5 years ago heavily before they rotated to the current...dick-riding, create a narrative and spam it type of reporting they do now.

I agree, sport viewers do not want politics in their sport. And maybe the reporting style augmented the decline but that's a personal opinion with no data to really back it up. The real killer was netflix and hulu. Labeling the decline as solely because of "liberal views" is just some bill O'Reilly / Trump level of accusational triggering of conservatives.
>>
>>75510539
Fox News ratings havent dropped like ESPNs though

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2017/04/25/fox-news-dominates-cable-news-ratings-monday-first-night-without-bill-oreilly/#5f68ee014be3
>>
ESPN became shit when Skip left. He was the last entertaining person left on that sinking ship
>>
>>75510528

i blame literally everyone in this thread for feeling the need to post in it. including myself
>>
>>75510539
Again, your little mind can't comprehend IT IS BOTH REASONS

enough (you)s for you laddy
>>
Politics is fucking alienating to any viewer, left or right. It's been the reason why I barely come to 4Chan anymore because every thread on every board turns into an unmoderated political circlejerk
>>
>>75505330
and that's their fault
>>
>>75510577
>>75510588

Cry more faggot
>>
>>75510547
Most of the people cut are team reporters, ESPN employs over 1000 people, just because they don't host SC doesn't mean they don't exist
>>
>>75509217
>Where are the Stuart Scotts?
>>
The state of the sports industry is shit and the role of the media is the reason. I do not believe there is one wholesome reporter around. The sports journalism industry consists entirely of greedy, tweeting pieces of scum who shovel the elite's BS agenda down our throats constantly, and with a smile. Don't forget the used-up sluts with pounds of makeup wielding a mockup cock in their hands while spewing nonsense.

National sports today are less of an entertainment vehicle and more of a way to push agendas at a local and national level. Get a group of friends or just some peers in the city and play some basketball, soccer, flag football, or even baseball. It's a whole lot more fun than watching millionaire useful idiots day-in, day-out.
>>
>ESPN UPDATE: I have multiple sources at ESPN telling me they expect the number of layoffs to be closer to 100 people than 70. Awful news.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/impending_espn_layoffs_could_reach_100_employees_r.html

Good tracker
>>
Political leanings aside the other problem is they have too many talking head shows.

You start with First Take that they reair 800 times on all their channels during the day. Then you have the rotting corpse of sportsnation. Then ATH and PTI followed up by the 6.

They have too many shows that basically fight each other for people that just want to watch commentary. Hell some of them even air against each other.
>>
File: 1460180468659.jpg (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460180468659.jpg
59KB, 200x200px
>there is NO way liberal politics could effect ESPN ratings
>there is NO way ANYONE could be put off by that

cmon guys........
>>
>>75510600
ESPN literally died the day he did, if it wasn't dead before
>>
I stopped watching E!SPN, specifically SportsCenter when they spent over FIVE FUCKING MINUTES talking about LeBron serving jury duty instead of showing highlights from games
>>
Hopefully all the former grantland writers so they can migrate to the ringer and revive the glory days
>>
>>75510595
Yeah the fired the people who do actual journalism and cover actual sports events and relay actual sports news in favor of talking head personalities nobody actually likes.

I literally do not care who hosts SC as long as they talk about sports and report sports. ESPN seems to think people tune in to watch the hosts in every show, and this is really only the case for PTI
>>
>>75510369
The rating were declining 5 years ago.

You're again claiming it as a political one...whether you agree with their current stance or not...you can't say ratings we're declining 5 years ago when the controversial topics they push now started a few years back.

The controversial topics started as a result of the decline. Which I've already stated more than a few times...has everything to do with hulu, netflix and youtube.
>>
>>75510594
You cry about ESPN
>>
so far only writers/journalists have been fired, what about the celeb talking heads?

>>75510625
i bet those people have massive paychecks for doing very little of value
>>
>>75510625
No it's just their libshit porpaganda
>>
>>75510338
>why is this never discussed? we're just weakening ourselves when whites have to play by different rules
Niggers are undoubtedly racist.
But niggers are niggers, they don't rule, they're poor and they're uneducated. No one cares if a hood nigger discriminates against him because most likely it won't have any repercussion on him but if you're a nigger kid and don't get a decent education because you have to go to a shitty school or if you're a young nigger who can't find a job then it's totally a different matter.

If niggers were in power everyone would call them racist all the fucking time.
>>
File: really mak u think.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
really mak u think.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>its da cord cutting!
>many networks are doing just fine
>ESPN is not
>>
>>75510375
Gerrymandering is the biggest fucking political con-job in this country and nobody ever brings it up.

It's on both sides of the aisle so don't make it a liberal/conservative debate. Some of you need to rise above this simple minded thinking...things are fucking simple.
>>
>>75510657
Nigger, this liberal circle jerk and E! caliber reporting on ESPN started longer then 5 years ago. They would literally spend entire SC's talking about LeBron and Tim Tebow.
>>
>>75510588
>every board turns into an unmoderated political circlejerk

This is not by accident. With the rise of competition admins have been forced to shitty the site up continuously throughout the past decade in order to keep traffic (and therefore ad revenue) up.

One of these updates brought flags to boards such as /pol/, /sp/, and others. The dynamics of these boards shifted overnight. Combine a controversial subject (politics) with the largest demographic and you will find that the targeted demographic actually posts more than before.
>>
>10000 people fired
>Screamin A-hole Smith still has a job and gets paid millions

explain this shit. he's not even entertaining, he ruined their one good show by being an obnoious douchebag and scaring away skeeeup
>>
>>75510625
They have three NFL shows during the offseason. They don't do this for any other sport. I would like to think that also aside from their more liberal than MSNBC leanings, that people are also turned off by the lack of coverage they give anything else that isn't the NBA or the NFL.
>>
>>75510696
>Gerrymandering is the biggest fucking political con-job in this country

holy shit
>>
>>75510719
He's a racist nigger
>>
>>75510550
People die anon. No one is immortal.
>>
>>75510452
The problem is...they were starting to lose viewers already.

So as you said, espn did and will continue to change.

This thread is full of the morons who are blaming the decline on the "change"...and not the real reason which is declining cable subscribers.
>>
>>75510600
he was the beginning of the end for ESPN

>yo dawg keepin in real here at ES PN
>>
>>75509929
Holy KEK, was scrolling through the comments and laughed my ass off
>>
This entire thread is rough. Nobody had bothered to grasp an understanding of the world.
>>
Will there be any firings as big as bill simmons or skip bayless?
>>
>>75510574
>3.2 million viewers
>nation of 350 million plus
>>
>>75510766
you keep saying that.... but other networks are doing just fine
>>
>>75510780
No, because those personalities bring in a shitload of retarded viewers.
>>
>>75510796
go on
>>
>>75510797
Nope.
>>
>>75510746
I view myself as a liberal, yet I can't understand burgers who repeat the shits that Jhon Oliver said in the month. Is like no one really has a politic belief and just follow the media that has the memes they like most.

Also, ESPN Mexico is Goat, when they transmit something from the US, is boring as hell, but I thought you people like it
>>
>>75510585
I'm sure he comprehends that, he's just correctly recognizing the relatively small impact of one factor that you fags have magnified because you need meme magic to feel a sense of success and validation
>>
File: j&d.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
j&d.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>fox sports live got canceled
Actually liked Jay and Dan tbhfam
>>
>>75509217
My comrade.

Seriously, ESPN is unwatchable...but it has been for years and I don't even need to make a political argument for it. I think their coverage sucks and their personalities on are are garbage. I fucking loathe their baseball programming. Even Fox is better for nationally televised games.
>>
>>75510797
they aren't though. you must be a boomer if you can't see that cable tv is losing subscribers and isn't relevant.
>>
HOLY SHIT WE HAVE A BLACK GUY
https://twitter.com/JJT_ESPNDallas/status/857261702538305536
...it's a one-market radio guy from Dallas, but it counts!

Also, some more crackers
https://twitter.com/JimBowdenMLB/status/857257737503297540
https://twitter.com/jeremycrabtree/status/857262564169986048
https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/857258500254302211
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/857261094561341440
>>
>>75510826
they went back to TSN
>>
>>75510728
Thats another thing. I understand that the NFL is the biggest viewers and whatnot. But maybe sports like Baseball and Hockey would not have that stigma of being boring or "not for me" if ESPN did not spend the last 5-8 years telling you that it was.

It all started during the 2000's during the peak of the Yankees Red Sox rivalry. They spent so much time telling you that this was the pinnacle of baseball and thus exposed alot of casual watchers to 5 hour games cause of the slow pace, station to station, work the count baseball both teams used at the time that when the heat for that finally died off those same people had zero intrest in the other teams and walked away with a "all baseball games take 4 hours" mindset.

I was surprised how many "casual baseball fans" that i knew around 2010-2013 did not know that Giants/Dodgers or even Cubs/Cardinals were rivalries.
>>
>>75510226

Niggers come here looking for their dads
>>
>>75510820
>3.2 million watch fox news so that means the nation as a whole is Republican leaning despite the other 247 million people in the nation who do not watch fox news.
>>
>>75510834
Cutting a black man who is trying to support his cause is such a shameful act on espn

I sincerely hope they offer him a new position , white people don't need more jobs!
>>
>>75510639
It may have augmented the decline that was already happening? But the decline was already happening.

You got a car coming down a steep hill.

I'm telling you I know it's free rolling because the engine isn't on...but you're still telling me you think the driver is punching the gas.

Youre logic is terrible. Dear lord, forgive me. I can't save em all.
>>
Eamonn Brennan and Jeremy Crabtree both out, two more white males.
>>
>>75510824
>gerrymandering isn't a problem because John Oliver did a segment about it

yeah, ok.
>>
>>75510862
Yeah it probably has more to do with their programming choices showing a lot of "World Series of Bowling" and talking heads rather than showing, I don't know... sports?
>>
>>75510841
Yeah. Good for them
>>
>>75510419
>I got a degree in Finance and Political Science at Berkeley

Well you had a whole one person going for awhile.
>>
>>75510860
why is espn promoting the white male patriarchy?
>>
In the aftermath of this would Fox Sports be wise to go for the jugular by offering big bucks to some of ESPN's top retained talent?
>>
>>75510675
THIS.
They been slowly firing beat writers for quite a while now.
>>
>>75510797
Thank you for comprehensively invalidating yourself
>>
>>75510898
nope, just watch them squirm and wait for the next set of cuts
>>
>>75510622
>I have multiple sources at ESPN telling me they expect the number of layoffs to be closer to 100 people than 70. Awful news.

Oh the horror.
>>
>>75510898
Yes it would be good for Fox sports if they're just picking up better beat writers who can get them better info faster and not demand time on TV
>>
>>75510821
>>75510831
>guys its cord cutting, all networks are down

thats not true

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/07/27/hgtv-big-ratings-growth/87401088/

yes the number of subs is relevant... but not everyone is suffering like ESPN
>>
>>75510891
The blue collar people have supported these evil white men at espn but cutting a black man will show that espn is no different than the klue klux klan
>>
>>75510317
>people unironically claiming politics had everything to do with ratings decrease

wew
>>
>>75510856
thats not what im saying

see >>75510928

HGTV ratings up, Fox doing well

ESPN ratings down substantially in the same market
>>
>>75510928
> This year, it's up 13%, to a fifth-place 1.7 million viewers, at a time when many top cable networks are in decline.
so an outlier.......
>>
>>75510940
https://twitter.com/eamonnbrennan/status/857262561397542914

DC beat writer gone.
>>
>>75510937
so you are saying politics are relevant to ESPNs ratings?
>>
>>75510937
Why not multiple things?

There is no way it just one reason, politics, cord cutting and their programming/coverage quality have to affect it.
>>
File: 1460566504306.gif (352KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460566504306.gif
352KB, 500x300px
>>75510940
The Democratic Party is almost dead
Entertainment is all the shit libs have left an it's failing them too
>>
Lovin all dese yte boi tears
>>
>>75510898
Going for the jugular would happen in 2020 when all the network contracts are up and Fox sports can jump in and steal a few big ones like the NBA.

Btw...I'd also like to mention that THIS IS WHY MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL MOVED TO ESPN.

Remember when that shit was on your local ABC channel? They needed incentive to keep people on the cable subscription.
>>
The media are catering to a market that doesnt watch cable or care about sports, and its alienating any conservatives left still watching this garbage, who will cut the cord
This has pretty much been the strategy of every retarded jew for the past 8 years.
Shitposters on 4chan have a better intuition on how to program a tv network and expand into digital
>>
>>75510962
Back to /pol/
>>
>>75510971
Not an argument
>>
>>75510779

I understand it would be better if you kill yourself.
>>
>>75510979
I don't want to have that argument on a sports board
>>
>>75510962
>Democratic Party is almost dead
The worst political candidate the Dems have pushed out still won the popular vote by 3 million.
>>
>>75510943
post something to prove 95% of networks ratings are down

post anything of value

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/january-2017-ratings-msnbc-posts-significant-year-over-year-prime-time-audience-growth/319143

heres MSNBC doing well with ratings

ESPN has fared far worse than many other networks
>>
>>75510849

The NFL has peaked.
>>
By the way if ESPN were smart it would promote pro gaming, but only on the internet, only on livestreams, and never on the main network, and it would do cross promotion with other sports
>>
Ok lads, can we have a real discussion about cord cutting? I feel live sports have long been the big thing stopping a lot of us from doing it. Are there any guides out there for live TV options without cable? If I could get full access to out of market and in market for the following, I'd cancel cable: MLB, NFL, NCAAF, and NCAAB.
>>
>>75510998
That's nice sweetie
Too bad about that Electoral College, huh?
>>
>>75510824
Stop it jose.

My whole senior thesis was on the ridiculously low turnover rate of congress and one of the big reasons was gerrymandering. I graduated from Cal in 2010.
>>
>>75510940
Dude there are too many variables you are taking no care to isolate. Cable is under fire, this is objective and demonstrable. Many content providers are suffering, it's a systemic sector wide I. Given ESPNs massive cost, it would be weird if it weren't disproportionately affected. Picking out exceptions is a terrible argument tactic.
>>
>>75510998
>muh popular vote

This is the cry of a loser who will keep losing
>>
>>75510990
Because you don't have one
>>
>>75511013
So you admit your are wrong in that the Dems are dead. It's just a really bad electoral system that prevented a party with a majority of the votes to lose.
>>
>>75503056
That was the moment I picked up on how fucked up these firings are.
Firing Werder and all the hockey guys just proved it.

At least Kuharsky is still on radio. I just hope his next job doesn't move him out of Nashville.
>>
Derek Tyson out, another white male.
>>
So how long until Nascar and hockey get BLACKED too?
>>
>>75511012
reddit.com/r/mlbstreams usually has very high quality streams that hold up unless its a big time game.

Opening day was pretty choppy, but since then they've been great for me.
>>
>>75511023
In a mind of a /pol/tard land has voting rights so the electoral collage is a better system because it views states more important than the collective vote of the entire people.
>>
>>75511030
fine you're right. Shut up or leave.
>>
The thing that you have to remember about ESPN is that - especially in the 90s and early-mid 2000s when they were the only show in town - ESPN execs genuinely felt like they could not just report on or grab what sports people were popular, but actually influence their popularity based on what they were and weren't reporting. Read one of those 'expose' books like These Guys Have All The Fun - they saw themselves as King makers/breakers with their coverage (they felt like they had basically 'created' NASCAR and buried the NHL), and that they could push for lower rights fees and stuff with some of these leagues in return for favorable coverage.

Now, there are more companies bidding for more sports, and they're getting into bidding wars for things like MNF and it's killing them. The only real events they do that whole "let us show you in return for shilling you" thing with anymore are MLS, the CFB playoffs, and the Masters. A lot of others are just either splitting off into their own networks or partnering with non-cable companies like Twitter streaming and things like that.

I have no idea whether "We feel we can influence the country's sports discussion" translated to some of the current "we feel we can influence the country's racial/political discussion" but I'm sure this thread has more than enough Hot Opinions on that one.
>>
>>75511060

The streams are less laggy then MLBTV. I got a refund and just stream games from there now.
>>
File: 1485354437880.jpg (168KB, 665x616px) Image search: [Google]
1485354437880.jpg
168KB, 665x616px
>>75511034
Whatever helps you sleep at night honey
>>
File: nothing.png (134KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
134KB, 500x508px
>a bunch of white people are getting fired from a company where mostly white people work at
>>
>>75511095
Why be a Democratic Republic if we don't actually use a democratic option in voting for our President? You think thats a good thing? I can imagine how red faced you would have been if Trump won by 3 million but lost the presidency because of the EC.
>>
>>75511086
>The streams are less laggy then MLBTV
How is that possible? Is it people streaming their TV feed?
>>
>>75511133
People streaming the MLBTV feed usually.
>>
File: 1480398941808.png (111KB, 390x437px) Image search: [Google]
1480398941808.png
111KB, 390x437px
>>75511132
kek
>>
>>75511133
A lot of regional networks, like you'll get it off of MASN or YES or NESN. Those are ahead of MLBTV a lot of the time, too.

It's like when you find a stream for a UFC or WWE event that they'd stream on their own streaming services - a lot of those times, the streams are just off of TV Pay Per View buys, so they're higher bandwidth.
>>
>>75511132
democratic republic does not = pure democracy
>>
>>75510881
>World Series of Bowling
When does that air, Saturday at noon?

Oh yeah, the time a normal person is spending with friends/family (or if you're a min wage slave) or coworkers.
>>
>>75511132
representative republic. we choose our representatives democratically.
>>
>>75511221
Sunday, 1 PM, in the Fall

It's literally the "Whatever we put here is going to fail" timeslot.
>>
>>75511210
democratic republic means you vote for the reprentative who will make laws. a direct democracy is when the people vote on laws directly. the presidency is not voted by the people technically. the electoral college can vote for either candidate despite what the people in their state vote for. the US Presidency is not a democratic republic type of system.
>>
>all these butthurt /pol/ cucks

Stick to NASCAR faggots
>>
>>75511249
which doesn't happen with the US President. The EC chooses the president and they don't have to follow the popular vote of the state.
>>
>>75511271
YEEEEHAWWWWW ima get me some cases of Busch and my trusty dip spitter and watch Dale Junebug take home the checkered!!!
>>
>>75511271
I think you have that the other way around mate
>>
>>75511288
it's true, the EC is not constitutionally bound to the state's vote. perhaps one day the EC will revolt. that will be the start of a civil war.
>>
>>75511297
I don't know, having a chance to lay outside or in an RV for 3 days and get incredibly drunk seems like a lot of fun. As far as I can tell the car racing's just an opportunity to get everyone together in one place.
>>
>>75511346
Wellit happened this election. Washington EC reps voted for someone else despite Hillary won the state.
>>
>>75511348
>rednecks vote for Millionaire Wall St types who make fun of rednecks
GOP voters are cucked beyond belief.
>>
>>75511374
and it happened in 2004 when kerry EC votes went for edwards.
but it's never effected the outcome of an election. it's just been window dressing (so far)
>>
I just said drinking outside was fun, but that's cool, you do your thing
>>
Danny Kanell, another white male.
>>
You guys know there's a new thread right?

>>75509109
>>75509109
>>
>>75511572
The weirdos left, this is Comfyb Owl territory now.
>>
>>75499947
Nice
>>
>>75499968
>>75501573
It's not that unbelievable. I knew people who worked for ESPN, not any of them were TV personalities, but they worked for the station regardless.
>>
>>75499947
Bucci, two hockey guys, and Ed werder. You're tragically on the money so far.
Just a reminder to let your cable company know you're cancelling because of ESPN faggotry. That and the mailing in competitors receipts to ad buyers bit. We deserve better than what we've been given (paying for) this last decade+.
>>
>>75511548
There is literally nothing wrong with Danny kanell now that he isn't employed by a covert Marxist spin machine
>>
>>75509494

538 is a cheap, dollar store brand version of Grantland, except it can be fully controlled by ESPN. ESPN recognized Grantland's excellence but it was owned and run by a guy who would not conform to the ESPN/ABC/Disney/NFL groupthink so it had to be removed.
>>
>>75511124
I work for a massive multinational with a stated goal of a completely representative work force. White males are highly valued because while they may only hire one or two per round, they tend to stick around and do a good job (require little to no oversight). White men make more money because they show up and have enthusiasm for their work. That will never change.
>>
>>75510683
>If niggers were in power everyone would call them racist all the fucking time.
This doesn't happen in places with white minorities, like South Africa. Everything wrong there is still whitey's fault, despite things getting objectively worse once whites lost power.
>>
>>75509509
They're both terrible. I wonder if Golum and Kike are still friends.
>>
>>75509718

>Jimmy Carter
Thread posts: 577
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.