[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pep Guardiola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: 00-534-678x381.png (277KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
00-534-678x381.png
277KB, 678x381px
Has his first season at Manchester City been a success or flop? Lets have a quick review
>won the league in October but unfortunately lost it soon after
>alienated club legend and brought in a keeper who cant save
>0 trophies
>not one signing has an undivided opinion
>9 points off top
>1 point off 5th
>owned up to not understanding tackles
>4 straight reds
>>
File: 1487817614638.gif (1MB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487817614638.gif
1MB, 250x333px
>when Guardiola and Klopp get sacked and Wenger stays
>>
>>75475189
He's not been a success but he's also not been a flop, just underwhelming. City aren't good enough to win the league, they have a shit defence and one transfer window won't change that. The two teams that are still fighting for the title are the only two teams with good offence and defence.
>>
The worst thing is that he is one of the top managers in the world, and after all of the hype of him going to England, he has been far and away overshadowed by Antonio Conte.

I'm sure he'll get things in order next season though.
>>
He went to a geriatric team of mercenaries that dont fit his passing philosophy and build up play. He literally needs to dump half the squad and spend more money on a new midfield if he wants to make City into Bayern or Barcelona.
>>
>unrionically rating Joe Hart
people are laughing at you, not with you
>>
>>75475189
I thought people rated sane this year?
>>
>>75475277
>Telling Joe Hart, who has won the league twice, to fuck off whilst spending £20m on Bravo
You can surely see my point
>>75475289
still divided. For £35m he has been abit underwhelming
>>
>>75475296

Sane is good m8
>>
>>75475296
Hart is a bottlejob, no surprise he isn't part of the plans of a multi-billion pound team

Look at his England performances
>>
>>75475189
>has had his arse handed to him in all the cup competitions as soon as he came up a good team
>now has a fight on to even qualify for the Champions League

He no longer has great players to bail him out of his bullshit meme tactics and selections. He's a decent coach, maybe even a good coach. But he's never been a great coach. Standing at the side of the pitch as Messi dribbles past 4 players doesn't make you great. Joining a one-team league and buying the best players from your only conceivable challenger doesn't make you great. For the first time ever he's on equal footing with other managers and teams and he's not coping.
>>
>>75475277

Joe Hart wouldn't go two months with a save percentage of 0%. Neither would Angus Gunn tho.
>>
>>75475189
200M spent. Nuff said.
>>
>wasting £90m on Pebbles, Bravo and Gundogan
>>
Chelsea gets to defend with; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Matic, Kante, Moses, Alonso.

City had Kompany out the whole season, Gundogan out the whole season & Fernandinho there for 2/3 the season & Stones injured as well. That's the defensive spine of City, gone. Obviously Bravo has been a flop as well. Every team needs their Pique/Puyol's or Vidic/Ferdinand's.

The fact that he will probably finish 3rd this season & was robbed of getting to the FA cup final isn't that bad considering. Next season however, if he gets his way I'm sure City will be just as feared as Chelsea.

People forget that he had some brilliant ideas in breaking down bus parking teams, with the inverted full backs & the 3-2-2-3 where he played a midfield square of Dinho/Gundogan/KdB/Silva or the floating 8's against United. Instead he's stuck with Otamendi + whoever isn't dead, with Navas as fucking full back. Is it any wonder they've conceded 8 more goals than Chelsea but scored only 2 fewer?
>>
>>75475455
>robbed of getting to the FA cup final

Hitting the bar repeatedly doesn't count
>>
>>75475455
>Instead he's stuck with Otamendi + whoever isn't dead
this is no excuse. Mouyes has Bailly + whoever isn't dead
>>
>>75475455

Pep only had to get two reliable defenders and one gk. Instead he spent all on teenage forwards, a centre back in goal, and then pushed full backs in midfield with john stones for cover
>>
If it HAS to be a choice between 'success' or 'flop', then it was a flop

But I think you have to give managers in a new league a couple of seasons before you label them so harshly.
>>
>>75475482
Not when they're given unlimited funds

Battling for 4th is a colossal failure
>>
>>75475189
>4 straight reds
Wut?
>>
>>75475479
Can you really blame him for buying Claudio fucking Bravo? The man that was main keeper for Barca's treble & the man that helped Chile to two Copa America's? He's a flop but it wasn't a bad idea to go for Bravo/Ter Stegen.

Imo if Kompany was fit the whole season City are 2nd place fighting for 1st right now. Unfortunately that's how football is though.

>>75475476
...and where are they?
>>
>>75475514
>...and where are they?
fair point. I guess thursday will determine who is getting the better of their players
>>
>>75475525
Will it really? I mean, they clashed already this season & it was brilliant to watch the tactics change throughout the match but they've had completely different journeys. I guess you're right we'll see what each one has cobbled together but then it's just a matter of who turns up on the night mentality wise more than anything.
>>
>implying this season isnt about building the team he wants

You fags will be blown away next season.
>>
>>75475514
Also if those shitters could finish all the chances and I mean sitters they've had this season due to the playstyle they'd be fighting for first.
Absolute disgrace the finishing
This thread just proves the obvious, most posters don't really watch much football
>>
>>75475514
>...and where are they?
And where they were by the start of the season?
>>
>>75475570
I agree the players must also take the blame but Pep has been shown up by any equivalent team challenging him.
Not to say Mouyes is better but he got humiliated by Chelsea earlier in the season, but changed his tactics and beat them back in the return fixture. At least he learnt from his (one of many) mistakes
>>
File: seppuku-pep.jpg (32KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
seppuku-pep.jpg
32KB, 578x578px
>>75475189

What a failure. I mean you play in this pathetic league where pub teams like Leicester cruise to a title, you get an additional chance to win one of their many cups and he still doesn't win a thing?

Seppuku is the only way to safe his honour now.
>>
File: pepsposed.jpg (47KB, 402x582px) Image search: [Google]
pepsposed.jpg
47KB, 402x582px
we knew this was going to happen though, he's played in joke leagues so far

imagine for a second that he finished 6th in any other league with bayern/barcelona - he'd be laughed out of the sport forever

luckily for him he's at city where 'next year' never comes
>>
>>75475570
It's similar for United. De Bruyne & Pogba are tied for hitting the woodwork in the league as are their teams & they have gifted so many clear chances for other players to bottle it's embarrassing. KdB + Silva have created 153 chances together this season. If their team could defend....if Sterling/Navas could kick....that's it. Not much separating them from the top.
>>
>>75475627
top players don't hit the woodwork, that's what separates them from the top
>>
>>75475627
>not much separating them from the top
>that flag
>having any opinion whatsoever
pls leave the thread and go back to rebbit
>>
He gave >us an exciting new playstyle, but he got caught out by our lack of depth at CB and by the shitty GK situation.

It's obvious that Joe Hart would have done better than this season's Bravo but fuck, Bravo is three times the keeper for Chile, I'm really not sure how we should have predicted he'd fail so completely.

My fear now is that Silva peaks before we get the back sorted out. Yaya already has. Dinho plays like a 24 year old but he's 31 already. Kompany needs to retire.

We need some new fucking warriors.
>>
>>75475588
City don't have the players needed for what mou did, they don't have much stamina really and Conte is practically playing 5atb and hoping hazard does something special which mou did just fine at Chelsea. Don't know how anyone rates conte

>>75475627
Aye, I've watched practically every match for a number of seasons and I don't blame pep for this, just like I don't blame mou for what's happening there
>>
>>75475514
>if he was good enough for Barça he's good enough for City
pep's problem is exactly that kind of simplistic reasoning. there's other considerations to take into account.
>>
>>75475189
dont worry, he will get another 250 million this summer :^)
>>
>>75475701
Yeah like whether he fits into the team strategy of playing out from the back? Bravo's problem is that he's totally lost confidence & control over his defense, he can't stop shit. Anyone who watched him the last two seasons saw him win a ridiculous amount of penalties & saves for Barca/Chile. A flop sure but not a dumb signing.
>>
>>75475514
Kompany is fucking shit and has been living off a good season he had 5 years ago. He cost City AGAIN yesterday.
>>
>>75475749
if he would adapt to the Premier League, for instance. it's not easy for a gk that is not brave and where strikers are twice his size to come to the english league. he was bound to lose his confindence in a league where he doesn't spend most of the matches sleeping, but still has the pressure to ensure clean sheets.
>not a dumb signing.
of course it was a dumb signing.

Pop got exposed because before he could get away with his habitual stupid decisions just by the sheer size of the advantage over the opposition he enjoyed.
>>
File: PEPSPOSURE ON PLEBBIT.jpg (316KB, 1376x975px) Image search: [Google]
PEPSPOSURE ON PLEBBIT.jpg
316KB, 1376x975px
the utter meltdown on /r/mcfc was too much for me, there's just hundreds of these kinds of posts and they keep coming
>>
>>75475880
United customer here and the ref was blatantly pro arse
>>
>poop knew that gundoshit was injury prone
>Bought him anyway
>Knew the defenders on city were kinda shit
>Bought Jimmy pebbles a kid with no experience having to start every week

Really unsure what happened with bravo but he is old and rarely started in cl. Sane was a good signing but was shit for half a season.

And of course in >POOP fashion he is just going to beg for more money to buy the beat players he can get from Tottenham or other 'lesser' teams.
>>
>>75475880
They're right.

Such a ridiculous roller coaster; the win against Barcelona, the 4-0 to Monchengladbach, the 10 straight wins & then injuries, horrible officiating (Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs) & poor team morale, GG great start the season reduced to nothing but excessive criticism.

Anyone talking about Liverpool having conceded 42 goals? Mourinho still not being able to catch the top 4 despite everyone dropping points? Tottenham still not being able to catch Chelsea? Leicester champions almost relegated?

The only thing heard besides bashing Guardiola is "wenger out" because how fun it is to bash someone with such a big name, it's all a bit silly.
>>
>£45m for Johnny Pebbles

Truly a genius
>>
>>75475455
Azpi is the only good Chelsea defender. Why do you think they play 5 back.
>>
>>75476027
United has 2 games in hand. winning both they leapfrog liverpool to third
>>
>>75476126
Everyone has a few games in hand compared to Liverpool, they're fucked.
>>
>>75476111
Works though doesn't it? They all player better together, even Cahill is doing well, remember under Mourinho when he was the worst center half in the league? Granted it was a coup but he was abysmal & now he's going to win another league trophy with David Luiz.......
>>
too intelligent for the premier league
>>
>>75475312
performances for england mean literally nothing, every player turns to shit when wearing that shirt. england could make messi look like aaron lennon. hart was good for city and its undeniable that he was better for them than bravo has been so far. even if you fell for the muh footwork reasoning bravo hasnt really done anything in that department that we havent seen hart do.
>>
>>75476027
>the papers are biased against City
back to bluemoon
>>
>>75475189
>not one signing has an undivided opinion
Sane and Gabriel Jesus look decent by all accounts.
But yeah:
>Jesus Navas still plays games
>Didn't sign any fullbacks when all their fullbacks are 31+ and in decline
>Claudio Bravo
>>
>>75476244
No, just against Guardiola. They haven't recovered since he smashed United.
>>
>>75475189
English football is still adjusting to Pep Guadiola
>>
File: the city of pep.png (493KB, 754x544px) Image search: [Google]
the city of pep.png
493KB, 754x544px
>>75475189
>the philosopher
discuss
>>
there "undivided opinions" about Sane? unbelievable!
>>
>>75476350
>the papers are against Guardiola
what?!
>>
>>75476111
David Luiz and Cahill were just voted into the team of the year, Azpi wasn't.

The 3-4-3 Chelsea play isn't just defensively solid. It allows attacking overloads when the wing backs get forward. The wing backs don't even need to be great footballers (see Moses and Alonso for Chelsea) they just need to be fit and disciplined. Look at Monreal's goal for arsenal yesterday: he was completely unmarked arriving into the box so it was an easy finish.

I'm glad Conte has shitted on the league with a back 3 this year. I've been waiting for years for teams to play this way and now they are all starting to. It shits on and is more exciting than the 4-5-1 meme we were stuck in the last few years.
>>
>>75476408
This. Next season is going to have a lot of variety.
Is it really all Mourinho's fault that modern football went to shit with formations?
>>
>>75476373
Lets be honest, the moment he shipped off Joe Hart people here including influential people in football were triggered and then he made accurate comments that the English league isn't any more competitive than other leagues
No surprise that brings on a lot of bias
This place is still living in a time where period think we're really a world power in the grand scheme of things, which we're not
>>
>>75475256
>geriatric team of mercenaries
Could be used to describe most top clubs
>that dont fit his passing philosophy and build up play
So you're admitting he has no adaptability at all
>He literally needs to dump half the squad and spend more money on a new midfield
Because he's not good enough as a manager to get more out of his players, or even as much out of them as Pellegrini can
>if he wants to make City into Bayern or Barcelona
No one's saying he needs to do that right away. But a title challenge or just get in the fucking top 4 with the richest club should be very easily achievable.
>>
>>75476368
There isn't. Everyone that is not a fool can see that Sane is worth his price tag.
>>
>>75476368
People were bitching when Sane rocked up and was acting like a scared little kid, then he turned it on & now he's showing how much better than Sterling he is. That's all down to Pep's encouragement too.
>>
Jesus getting injured hurt him a lot.
>>
The fault is on his incompetent forwards who cant finish for shit
>>
>>75475189
so who is leaving? guessing all full backs will leave/ aguero / Fernando / navas / yaya
>>
>>75475277
>>75475296
Joe Hart has been absolute shit so far in Serie A. You can critisize him for a lot but not on how he treated Joe Hart since he is just an overpaid dumb English meme-mong who get's exposed once he leaves your league.
>>
If I had to use one word to describe his first season?

>Exposed
>>
>>75475909
Then why didn't he give Arsenal a penalty for the foul on Alexis in the first half?
>>
>>75475588
The thing about Pep is, he doesnt change tactics, he will always play the way he does and that is something Manchester City knew before bringing him. His weakness is being not flexible, so he needs to actually build the team to play the way he wants, instead of adapting to the players he has.
>>
>>75478038

Didn't he play at least 5 different meme formations this season. If anything that was the downfall for City this year. He was all over the map.

I'm a United fan, but trying to be as unbiased as possible.
>>
if it wasnt for Based Brenny, City wouldve won the league by now
>>
>you now remember Gabriel "the Next Pelé" Jesus
>>
i think he's been decent. Some bad choices and luck definetly hasn't been on his side.

>Arguably a lot of his tactics worked great but his players fuckt up by le' not being able to finish, like the game against spurs last year that should've been 5-1, but ended 2 - 2.
>Aguero fuck't him over by all his red cards ..
>Should have kept Hart prolly
>Bravo - disaster
>Stone - disaster
>Very important players injured

city dosn't look like it now at all, but if everything went right for them with injuries, bravo and stones, those almost in the net balls went in, i think they, along with spurs and chelsea, was one of the team that had a very realistic chance of winning
>>
>>75478996
i mean, if everything went well in terms of finishing, mouyes would be champion right now. no one gives a fuck about this shit, you either win or you dont
>>
>>75476360
...whoah... really made me think...
>>
Pellegrini did a lot better with 50% the same team.

City does have a lot of shit players, but Pep should be able to do better, it's like he can't success without expending 1000 million eurasian coins
>>
File: I don't know.jpg (37KB, 350x358px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know.jpg
37KB, 350x358px
>there actually are people who rate Joe Hart
>>
next season is going to be really neat
>>
>>75478996
>tfw too smart for the PL

Stop this shit
>>
>>75475189
Gabriel Jesus, Sané and Gündogan are indisputably good signings
>>
>>75479870
>Jesus
joins Pep and gets injured longterm within a month. Undecided whether Pep will keep killing him with training because its not picnic sessions like in Brazil
>Sane
Shouldn't be first team yet but is getting better
>Gündogan
youre joking
>>
>>75479870
>Gundogan
>good

Spent like 25m on an injury prone player (who was fucking injured when they bought him too) and surprise surprise he gets a season ending injury.
>>
>>75475228
>they have a shit defense
>mancini turned a shit defense into title winners
>>
>>75479101
When changing a teams play style & trying to integrate signings it doesn't always work out.

The only difference between Chelsea & City are about 8 goals conceded. You can't win the title imo without a good CB pairing & having the defensive spine you planned ripped out.
>>
>>75475189
I don't like City but, if they miss out on top 4 you can pretty much bet the house on them winning the PL next season.
>>
>>75486020
>no Europa League
can't escape that friend
>>
A flop, he should have won a least one trophy, but I don't think he's a bad coach, that shit happens and it's his first time, however if he doesn't win anything in the next season then he should get sacked just for refusing to understand that the PL is also "the ball belongs in the air: the league"
>>
>>75486503
He said that Lahm/Alonso mentioned he has to watch the 2nd balls because of the way the EPL is played, he admitted he didn't listen at first until City started losing. So he's been adapting since then.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.