[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: dw.jpg (100KB, 1036x755px) Image search: [Google]
dw.jpg
100KB, 1036x755px
>Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather is far from a done deal, but according to UFC president Dana White, that could change in the coming weeks. White appeared on Wednesday’s edition of The Herd and stated that he was planning to hammer out a deal with McGregor this week, then turn his sights on negotiating with Mayweather.

>“I think we get the McGregor side in the next couple of days,” White said on The Herd. “And then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with.”

>“It depends on how much the fight sells,” White said. “And if the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 (million) and Conor makes $75 (million).

>“This is isn’t going to be UFC,” White said. “It’s going to be a boxing match. It’s not going to have anything to do with the UFC. My brand, the closest thing my brand will be to this is obviously I’ll be a part of the promotion for the fight, and Conor’s my guy. That’s it.

will it happen, /sp/?
>>
File: conor money.gif (2MB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
conor money.gif
2MB, 640x369px
i hope so.

mcgregor and mayweather want it, i'm 100% sure the fight would happen, with dana or without dana, aside of that i want a UFC "dynamite", with submission grappling, kickboxing, boxing and MMA fights.
>>
>>75392160
No way Conor wins this.
>>
>>75392160
Dana super-desperate to keep the UFC on the sports pages now that interest has evaporated as it is clear Conor won't be fighting for years.
>>
>>75392211
also, mayweather would destroy mcgregor, mcgregor is youngest, fastest, strongest than mayweather, but the boxing skill level by mayweather is leagues ahead from mcgregor, and i'm sure he would get outpointed.

if mcgregor beats mayweather boxing is dead, if mayweather beats mcgregor is just a "MMA fighters beat boxers in mma and boxers beat MMA fighters in boxing".
>>
>>75392160
I hope not. I hate boxing and love MMA, but Connor will get *obliterated* and probably in the first few rounds. It'll be a huge blow to MMA's legitimacy in the average yokel viewer's eyes, and not help a sport that needs all the help it can get.

Still better than boxing though.
>>
File: nothin personell kid.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
nothin personell kid.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>75392244
Of course not, but he's getting paid and has little to lose
Dude was barely known 5 years ago and now he's on the verge of 100mil
>>
>>75392160
>“It depends on how much the fight sells,” White said.

What this means is Conor's "payday" will be back-end points.
What that means is that Dana can claim Conor will be getting "as much as $75 mil" or whatever, the fact is that he'll get a tiny bit PLUS and amount of the net, not the gross, and that will take forever and will be "calculated" in the UFC's favour to such an extent that Conor could well get next to nothing.
Consider that Winston Groom, the author of Forrest Gump, had to sue years after the film had grossed hundreds of millions of dollars.
The accounts and lawyers had done their "best", but after everything else was paid for and all other parties were paid there just wasnt any money left for the guy.
You think it can't happen to Conor. It already does, every fight.
And it happens to 97% of music stars, and actors, too.
Mayweather will be fine because he's the Tom Cruise of boxing, but Conor will end up getting the shit end of the stick again. Not that he'll admit it for years.

Anyway, doubt the fight will ever happen.
>>
>>75392289
>and now he's on the verge of 100mil
lol no, he's really not even close

please see:
>>75392357
>>
>>75392357
lotta conjecture in this post my man. whered u even get the 97% figure from?
>>
>>75392499
just pulled it out of thin air, but what I meant is almost everyone - excepting the Justin Biebers and Tom Cruises who are just too big to still be fucked over by the industry.
The typical thing is to dazzle them with fame and more money than they've ever had, but not nearly the amount they should be getting.
It's all in the contracts.
For example, in the recording industry, Hot New Band might get a contract for $XXX million.
But what it really means is that they'll get that if their album goes top 3 or better, and three singles each chart Top 5 or better, merch sales reach a certain level and never subside, AND the next album has to do even better, do this appearance schedule, that meet -n- greet schedule, play this billionaire's wedding, etc, etc.
For a fighter this might mean he has to bring in XXX at the gate, XXX ppv, XXX merch sales, and those numbers all have to rise for the next fight, and the next AND he might have to complete a 3 fight schedule within a year and with medical suspensions that might not happen, so now he's getting paid a LOT less because he didn't fulfill his (pretty much impossible) contractual obligations.
But he DOES get more money than he ever had, and most importantly from the business side is that the great majority of people just get addicted to the fame, to everyone knowing them, shouting their name every time they get out of a car, seeing themselves on magazine covers, etc.
Business people feed them fame while they go unnoticed...and take home almost all the money.
>>
>>75392357
you crazy if you think mcgregor wouldn't lawyer up
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.