[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't the NHL draw like the NBA? The NHL playoffs ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 26

File: Draw.png (203KB, 641x807px) Image search: [Google]
Draw.png
203KB, 641x807px
Why can't the NHL draw like the NBA?

The NHL playoffs ratings are twice as worse as end of the season NBA games between crappy teams.
>>
they call it irrelevantpuck for a reason
>>
>>75268879
Because nobody gives a shit about hockey
>>
Basketball's a joke.

If everyone likes eating shit does that make shit taste any better?
>>
File: 1483422987282.jpg (73KB, 960x739px) Image search: [Google]
1483422987282.jpg
73KB, 960x739px
>>75268888
quads confirm
>>
>furpuck
>>
Because E$PiN doesn't push the NHL like they do Apehoop.

Apehoop is seen as "inclusive" and "progressive" while hockey is criticized for being too rich and white, so ESPN pushes the former to reel in the SJW and Millennial crowd.
>>
NHL clearly needs diversity. In a increasingly colored nation the youth can't relate to an all-white league.
>>
Because anyone can play a pickup game of basketball so more people can relate to the sport would you rather watch something you've never played or the sport that you've been playing since you were a small kid?
>>
File: 1444399186600.jpg (122KB, 558x743px) Image search: [Google]
1444399186600.jpg
122KB, 558x743px
>>75268920
>>
>>75268920
its all a cycle

>hockey is a niche sport centered in the northeast and far north
>as a result, it will not get high tv ratings
>this means major sports networks will not pay a lot to get the rights to air it when no one watches it
>this results in NBC buying the rights and airing fucking playoff games on nbc sports network
>which results in no one watching it

stop blaming ESPN for the lack of hockey coverage you triggered cuck
>>
>>75268879
no dunks or mandrama social media narratives
>>
I would like to watch hockey

BUT I CAN'T FUCKING SEE THE PUCK

PUT SOME LIGHTS ON IT OR SOMETHING

It's a shitty sport to watch on TV
>>
>>75268879
Hockey doesn't have the pull that basketball does, hockey is like only popular in a few states.
>>
>>75268879
One is on channel 7 for my TV. The other is on channel 664.
Good thread though, should be decent for a good 100 shitposts
>>
i really wish i could get into the nhl, at least for the playoffs

everyone says the nhl has the best playoffs besides the nfl becase of the seed of the game

i watch the nfl, mlb playoffs and nba playoffs

i dont even watch the nba regular season, just the playoffs, but i do follow the nba

but nhl i just have absolutely no fucking idea. i dont know any rules, no players, nothing. i havea local team, the sharks, but i dont care at all.
>>
It aint got nothing to do with furpuck being white and niche and shit. Hoops are just a better sport. More action, more scoring, and more artistic.

Iceshit just a buncha dudes skating around poking at a piece of rubber. Only trailer trash snownecks up in Minnesota and Montana find that shit entertaining cuz of the fights.
>>
>>75268981

I had this problem but you eventually learn to see it. You begin to predict where it should be by following the sticks and then there it is, you can see the puck.
>>
>>75269018
t. nigger
>>
File: 1481860858498.jpg (15KB, 362x332px) Image search: [Google]
1481860858498.jpg
15KB, 362x332px
>>75269022

>have to some quasi-jedi bullshit just to follow a game

Nah fuck that
>>
>>75269018
>Hoops are just a better sport. More action, more scoring, and more artistic.

the funny thing is i hate so much about the nba as a league, yet i follow it

the endless scoring so every basket ultimately feels worthless until the end of the game

the obsession over individual players instead of the team

the obsession with social media and manufactured drama

the fact that only 4 teams have a title shot every year and you can waste an entire regular season watching a team that gets to teh palyoffs but you know will never win

yet i still watch it
>>
>>75269044

t. triggered white boi.

I like Lacrosse. And that shit as white as they come. It's like iceshit but improved 100x.

Nothing beats hoops tho.
>>
>>75269057

Yeah, it's a game for smart people.
>>
>>75268981
i have this problem too kek
>>
>>75269099
you probably cant see the puck because you dont have a head since it was cut off by a gang member in prison
>>
>>75269018
>more Action
the fuck are you on about literally the entire time over half the players are just standing around as the ball gets thrown around slowly before the same 1-2 people takes a shot or just runs through the entire defense without any chance to defend because what are rules

>scoring
this is a total detractor not a boon, literally nothing is impressive about scoring in basketball because its so fucking easy, anything that can be done 40-60 times per team in a game is not impressive.

>artistic
the fuck does this even mean, being six and a half feet tall and being able to just run through your opponents before barely putting in any effort to actually score is nothing worth mentioning.

not to mention the end of a basketball game is literally the worst thing ever to watch in the history of sports. >foul >free-throw >foul >free-throw >foul >free-throw

i dont think ive ever seen a sport where the last minute of a game can take over 15 minutes because of this nonsense
>>
>>75269073
Oh so you're just a nigger wannabe who can't afford ice time lmao say hi to ur single mother
>>
When did American sports fans become so provincial?

I remember in "the good old days" as a kid, you basically liked all the big 4 sports. New NHL game comes out. You get it. New NBA Live. Get it. New Madden. Get it. New Ken Griffey or Triple Play baseball. Get it.

At recess, you'd mix up the sports, playing a different one every day, even ball hockey on asphalt if your school had sticks.

You bought sports cards for all the sports, collecting Gretzky, Lemieux, Shaq, Frank Thomas, Griffey, Montana, Rice, etc.

tl;dr Kids used to like all the sports. There was no competition between them.
>>
>>75269073
>I like Lacrosse.
I'm "cringing"
>>
>>75269119
Yikes
>>
>>75269137
Don't ever respond seriously to someone that unironically uses the term "hoops"
>>
>>75268879
Am I the only one likes all major American sports(fuck divergrass). I'm not sure why you have to pick a side, why does /sp/ get so insecure when it come to stuff like this
>>
>>75269253
I'll watch the NBA Finals. Anything less than that is about as meaningless as the regular season too
>>
File: tumblr_nhknuzYR4n1rz7szho1_400.gif (2MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhknuzYR4n1rz7szho1_400.gif
2MB, 400x229px
>>75269137

Since when is "moving around" considered "action?"

Divegrass fans use that same argument and it's just a buncha fags jogging around at the end of the day. Hoops got more meaningful action that actually results in shit.

Hoops is a game of runs. And its your opinion that a lot of scoring is boring. Most people like it.

You aint never seen this in iceshit.
>>
Not enough $w4g and it's not more localized interest.

ESPN also only shills apehoop and football
>>
Why are hoc fags so butthurt. We get it your Scandinavian snow nigger genes get riled up when you see bearded men glide across the frozen water.

Keep it to your fucking self. Hoc fags are like vegans or crossfitters
>>
>>75269272
Stop saying hoops you fucking cuck
>>
>>75269170
>>75269253
The Yuropoors are trying to divide us.
Americans MUST stick together, no matter what your favorite of the big four are.
>>
>>75269288
No reason to keep samecucking your own thread lad, this is pretty standard bait you shouldn't need to apply to much work to it. Just comes off tryhard.
>>
>>75269253
the only "insecurity" comes from hockey fans because they basicaly fight with the NBA to be the third most popular sport in america behind the nfl and mlb

ever notice how its never nba fans who really insult the nhl. but its always hockey fans bringing up how "nba players are pussies and nhl players play through anything" and shit like that?

i think a lot of the insecurity of hockey fans definitely stems from racism, and how all the major hockey states are majorily white, no black people play in the nhl, and they have seeig black people do better than them
>>
File: 1471205931521.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1471205931521.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>75269308
>6 posts by this ID
wew lad
>>
hockey's just harder and more expensive to get into, thus less fans

to play hockey (properly) you need : skates, ice surface, stick, equipment, nets, two goalies + pads, pucks

to play basketball (properly) you need : shoes, ball, basket

i'm actually surprised hockey is as popular as it is, and it really doesnt need to be more popular to survive
>>
Are these four stereotypes correct:

NFL fans: stupid
MLB fans: nerds
NBA fans: wiggers
NHL fans: eccentric/borderline autistic
>>
File: Kid5_zpsaadca30e.png (116KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kid5_zpsaadca30e.png
116KB, 320x240px
I can't wait until boreball, furpuck, and handegg die ...handegg will die because of the concussion shit, and we're a real football and basketball nation only.
>>
>>75269385
CHI
>>
We don't like soccer either.

Both of them come down to relatability and lack of scoring.
>>
File: 1486718228829.jpg (51KB, 552x442px) Image search: [Google]
1486718228829.jpg
51KB, 552x442px
>>75269503
>m-muh lack of scoring
>>
File: 1433992945167.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1433992945167.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>75268879

>3 regional games becuase it's the beginning of the playoffs vs 2 national games

apehoop fans are desperate
>>
>>75268981
I had that problem too until I learnt HD streams were a thing.
>>
>>75268879
>Why can't the NHL draw like the NBA?
ESPN is boycotting it.
>>
>>75268953
>stop blaming $sport_network for not covering $major_sports_league
yeah...
it's got nothing to do with Disney still being assblasted over NHL going with NBC
>>
>>75269057
Man, you develop that shit after watching like 3 or 4 games. The best way to get into a sport is to watch a few games anyway. I found it easier to learn how to follow a puck than to know what the fuck do MLB umps consider a strike zone, for example.
>>
>>75269018
isn't apehoop the sport which is just free throws in the last 2 minutes due to rules being retarded?
>>
>>75269272
there is absolutely nothing impressive about that clip, dude is like fucking 7 feet tall and barely has to jump to reach the height of that hoop.

any tall idiot could do what he did there and nearly every player on every team can and does do shit like that multiple times every game

also i never said lost of scoring was boring i said it was entirely unimpressive which it is.

>got more meaningful action
pretty much nothing of the entire game has any meaning at all as only the last 2 minutes matters, and the last two minutes is the most boring shit in any sport Ive ever seen with all the intentional fouls and clock wasting
>>
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
The NHL is exclusively owned by NBC, meaning espn, foxsports, other big markets have NO say in hockey and have no obligation to even mention it, so they don't. Unlike basketball which pours and pours out marketing in the form of ads and social media, the nhl has little to no outreach. It stays in it's team based markets almost exclusively. Every NBA players basically is on social media doing stuff daily, Alex Ovechkin will tweet maybe once every few months about some ad shit. You can also factor in a strong disinterest among minorities across the nation, they have no connections to hockey so it's probably not the first thing you look for. Everyone's played pickup basketball, maybe you played roller hockey once in the 90s.
>>
>>75268879
It's a simply inferior sport

/thread
>>
Americans are obsessed with big, black men so naturally flock to the sports with the greatest congregations of them
>>
>>75268879
>NBCSN

Now how about local broadcasts and Canadian ones?
>>
File: ovechkin.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ovechkin.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>75269272
>You aint never seen this in iceshit
>>
>>75269308
>its never nba fans who really insult the nhl

except for the entirety of this thread, ofc :^)
>>
>>75269253
no i hate basketball
>>
>>75268879
Not enough black people.
>>
>why won't a network hello the opposing network by covering their sport
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
Hockey is irrelevant
>>
I like hockey and hate apehoop.

wish fox sports showed more games here 2bh. Also wish the yotes weren't so shit and could recreate 2012.
>>
Niggers
>>
>>75268899
Probably
>>
>>75268920
Not really. ESPN pushes hockey less because it's less popular to begin with, ESPN gets better ratings with the major sports leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, CFB) instead of minor sports leagues like NHL, WNBA, MLS, etc. .
>>
>>75268879
NHL is more of a Canadian thing, American sports fans don't really care about hockey. Even the Mexican soccer playoffs get better ratings than the NHL playoffs.
>>
>>75268879
shouldn't you add in Canadian broadcasts too?
>>
>>75273429
Well no, duh. Of course not. The entire point is to compare it with the dregcatching wide net channel instead of the local market broadcasts that most of the core consumers watch it on.

And please don't mention the ad spot cost per viewer ratio being drastically higher for hockey than it is for basketball due to the hockey demographic being substantially richer and thus a more lucrative target for advertisers. That might cause the niggers to get uppity.
>>
I honestly don't get how people like watching the NBA. I tried watching some of that cavs/pacers game yesterday and they called some of the weakest fouls whenever lebron drove.
>>
>>75273693
>And please don't mention the ad spot cost per viewer ratio being drastically higher for hockey than it is for basketball due to the hockey demographic being substantially richer and thus a more lucrative target for advertisers.

Not sure if that second part makes much sense. Of course the hockey demographic is much richer per person, but the basketball demographic is so much bigger that it' more than makes up for it (which is why the NBA makes so much more money and got that massive tv deal). Like how China is a more lucrative market than the Netherlands even though a Dutch person is on average far richer than a Chinese person.
>>
File: Revenue.jpg (35KB, 607x363px) Image search: [Google]
Revenue.jpg
35KB, 607x363px
>>75273948
The point is that economically comparing the two based on raw ratings is intentionally misleading.
Especially when you cut out both the core local and international broadcasts in favor of solely comparing the out-of-market national broadcast. During the first round of the playoffs where national viewership is split between eight different 3hr+ matchups nonetheless. Hoopdoops seem to be trying to compensate for some latent insecurity here.
>>
>>75268981
this, plus we have no TV coverage of the NHL here whereas we have everything else (MLB, NFL, not to mention the NBA which has been around forever)
>>
>>75268981
Does the puck look white to you? I could see why you're having trouble finding it on the ice then
>>
>>75274332
>The point is that economically comparing the two based on raw ratings is intentionally misleading.

No it isn't, because we're talking about the nationwide popularity of hockey and basketball. But you know what is misleading? Your chart. Leaves out the fact that gap between the NBA and NHL has widened significantly in the past few years. The NBA is currently at $5.8 billion, the NHL is at $4.1.
>>
>>75274489
*nationwide popularity within the US, of course

I'm definitely not arguing that basketball is anywhere near hockey in Canada. Also, I wonder how much of the NHL's revenue comes from Canada?
>>
>>75268879
one reason and a very simple one is that NBCSN is not on directTV's sport package without paying extra on top of it to get that channel and a few more

Cox doesn't give it on solely the sport package anymore you also have to pay a little extra

these are the two largest providers in the west coast and I'm sure cox is popular down south , directTV is everywhere .

Now thankfully you can watch most hockey playoff games on their local channel( for example FSW for kings and Anaheim) which the tweet didn't account for
>>
>>75273351
>ESPN pushes hockey less because it's less popular to begin with
ESPN is owned by Disney

Majority of hockey teams have a NBC channel with some fox sports here and there

NBC and Disney are competitors first and foremost

you want hockey highlights watch fox sports which is more popular than espn anyway
>>
File: 1344942948729.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1344942948729.gif
1MB, 350x270px
>>75273376
>Even the Mexican soccer playoffs

I don't believe you
>>
Even Canadians are starting to get woke on the greatness of basketball.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/why-toronto-is-becoming-basketball-city/article21404856/

Redneck puck had a good run, but this shit over.

And I bet the Raps outdrew the Leafs.
>>
Have hockey fans just ever considered that the reason Hockey isn't pushed is because it's not popular?
It has nothing to do with race, or rich vs poor, liberal vs conservative, etc.
It's not popular
>>
>>75274680
I didn't believe it either when I first heard it.

>Liga MX semifinal, Leon vs Santos Laguna, got 2.8 million viewers in the US.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexico/2014/05/28/4846345/liga-mx-is-television-ratings-king-in-united-states

>"El Super Clasico" (Chivas vs America), got 3 million

http://corporate.univision.com/2015/05/univision-deportes-delivers-record-liga-mx-ratings-in-clausura-2015-season/
>>
>>75274758
Canada only has one team in the NBA, so of course they'll have more viewers.
>>
>>75274890

I'm just talking in Toronto senpai.

And then once the NBA gets rolling, we'll see teams in Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary and shit.
>>
>>75274958
Montreal Kings sounds fun to me
>>
>>75269308

this
>>
>>75274958
>And then once the NBA gets rolling, we'll see teams in Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary and shit.

Lol, why? The NBA tried Vancouver, it failed miserably. There are much bigger markets where basketball is much more popular that don't have a team. Vegas, Seattle, St. Louis, Kansas City.....hell, I bet we'd see a team in Mexico City before we see one in those Canadian cities.
>>
>>75269339

The fact that hockey is far more expensive to get in to cannot be overlooked in a nation where the current generation is worse off than their parents were financially, and the middle class has been disappearing for 50 years.
>>
>>75275057
>The NBA tried Vancouver,

That was then. Basketball is much bigger there now.

>The team’s mantra “We The North” reverberates across the continent and to paraphrase the Raptors’ global ambassador, Drake, “basketball may have started at the bottom, but now its here.”

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/riley-2016-the-year-that-hockey-died-in-canada
>>
Ice Hockey is just curling with physical contact.
>>
>>75275057
Yeah but that was back in the pre-League Pass days.

I literally spend my evenings watching tons of basketball every night. I feel like teams are much more profitable as a result.

In the mid-90s, there was no way I'd be able to watch the Suns play Vancouver if I was living in Boston, for example.
>>
>>75275064

It's even hard if you have money. You're lucky if there's a venue within driving distance that proper hockey facilities.

And if there is, it'll probably be booked up. Unless you live near a pond and in a cold climate, it's impossible to get a pick up game of hockey going.

There's always street/ball hockey. But it doesn't "feel" the same. And you also would need to find a group of kids who all have sticks.

Basketball and soccer are simple. Ball/wadded up piece of trash/severed head. Make shift goal from bucket/trashcan/rocks and you got yourself a pickup game.

I'm not exalting the latter over hockey, but hockey can't compete with that kind of accessibility.
>>
Why are Hockey fans so racist?
>>
Because the NHL insist on putting teams in shitty southern cities and not in northern places that would actually watch
>>
Why can't the NBA draw as well as the NFL, NCAA football, or NCAA basketball?
>>
File: 1479743475291.jpg (18KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1479743475291.jpg
18KB, 395x387px
>>75268920

ESPN doesn't have hockey rights, so why promote something they can't make money on.
>>
>>75275548

ESPN used to have hockey rights and treated them like shit. I'm glad they just ignore the sport now. Bucci is cancer
>>
When ESPN didn't renew their contract with the NHL years ago they stopped covering it as much as they had been.
Simple as that. Look at the hockey coverage on ESPN now, if it doesn't have something to do with Ovi, Crosby, or McDavid then they don't talk about it.
>>
Hockey just sucks. Basketball and football are the only sports that are fun to watch and play
>>
>>75268879
Doesn't matter. The NHL will still make a lot of money because their audience is wealthier.
>>
>>75275601

Bullshit, in the 90's-early 00's ESPN2 was literally the NHL network. They had nonstop hockey coverage until the strike.
>>
>>75268879
I'd watch hockey, but it's too hard to see the puck.
>>
>>75274852
I thought you meant mls

yeah no shit mexican soccer is going to have a lot of viewers dude

we got like 40 mexicans living in this country
>>
>>75268879
>Caring about furpuck
This just proves there's a bunch of Americans who should be deported to Canada
>>
>>75269057
>I can't use predictive skills

You are actually a nigger no joke
>>
>>75275601
>hating based Bucci Mane

What's it like being a turbopleb?
>>
hokkei is fun
apehoop is funner
>>
>>75275378
bingo
>>
>>75276154

The dude hits on girls younger than his daughter on Twitter. He's a shitstain of a human being and anyone who likes him is a dumb fratbro.

THIN MINTS lol
>>
>>75269308
This whole thread started off by nigger ball enthusiasts talking shit lmao

>blacks doing better than whites

At being killed for sure
>>
>>75275378
>you now realise hokkei in hartford again would be more relevant than in arizona or las vegas
>>
>>75275378
Basketball is popular everywhere
It's not limited to southern Canadian states like Minnesota
>>
>>75276123
Because we hate niggers? Good argument anon
>>
>>75276154

>le based
>referring to a fucking E!SPN """"""""""personality""""""""""
>has the odd acidity to call someone else a pleb

Holy fuck the reddit in this post isn't even tangible.
>>
File: IMG_1245.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1245.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
>>75268879
Hockey is the shittiest North American sport
>le shoot it at the goal 1000 times hoping it eventually goes in after it takes 5 deflections out of pure chance sport
>>
>tfw never poor enough to be a fan of something other than hockey
>>
>>75276270
Nah, Hartford was bad in the 90's and it would be bad today. Boggles my mind though, that they chose Las Vegas over Quebec City. NHL in Vegas makes no sense. NBA and MLB are the leagues that would have been the best fits for Vegas, IMO, although MLB would be difficult in 110° we rather. Quebec even just built a brand new arena. Plus the Golden Knights is a shitty name, and their logo is shitty too.
>>
>>75269308
nice reddit spacing homo
>>
>>75268879
Because hockey is not considered an American sport, but a Canadian/Russian sport. It's also considered a weird white sport, played by white athletes that couldn't cut it in real sports like basketball, baseball and football. Sorry, the truth hurts.

It is literally un-American to like a leaf/commie sport like hockey.
>>
File: Sports_Difficulty.png (152KB, 889x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Sports_Difficulty.png
152KB, 889x1191px
>>75277928
Looks like they're avoiding the difficult sport, princess.
>>
>>75277482
>NHL in Vegas makes no sense.
But it does. Tourism. Scamming tourists off attractions they don't actually care about.

>although MLB would be difficult in 110°
There's an AAA team in Vegas, anon.
>>
>>75277928
>It's unamerican to like the last remaining white people sport
Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>75278026
>muh difficulty
>muh agility
top fucking kek. Just because a sport is difficult doesn't mean that the athletes are better in anyway. If that were the case, then golfers and baseball players would be the best athletes in the world. I'd take Lebron over some irrelevant toothless white hick any day.
>>
>>75278041
>There's an AAA team in Vegas, anon.
And no one goes there, they averaged less than 5,000 per game
>>
>>75278112
Focus on the categories requiring athleticism, princess. Muster your entire intellect to try to piece it together. I'll give you some time. If you're still struggling in 10 minutes, let me know.
>>
>>75278026

I agree hockey has one of the highest learning curves due to that whole learning how to skate thing, and it is harder than basketball, but that list is subjective bullshit. I've seen it before. From ESPN's page 2.
>>
>>75278112

I'd love to see the average joe try to skate at a competent level
>>
>>75278048
>the last remaining white sport
You mean baseball? Hockey isn't even remotely on that level. There isn't a single white guy at my college that wears blackhawks memorabilia, and they're the most popular hockey team right now. They all wear NFL, MLB or NBA shit. Your sport is dying, and will soon become completely irrelevant when whites become a minority.
>muh wall
>muh deportations
top kek, this shit aint ever happening white boy. Niggas and mexicans will be fucking your "pure" white daughter when she's in high school, and she will love it.
>>
>>75278112
God damn, niggerball fans are fucking retard lel
>>
>>75278026
Have you ever seen hockey players?
I go to a big hockey university, one of the best in the country. If you ever see the hockey players (several of which end up in the NHL) you are surprised by how unathletic they are. That's all it takes to be good at a meme sport like hockey where anybody can skate at 20 mph. Literally 5 foot 8 and scrawny and they wouldn't be condsidered athletes if they tried any other sport.
>>
>>75278287
>i'd like to see the average joe do something they've never trained for
retard
>>
>>75278298
>spic swing
Kek, see >>75277354
>>
>>75278346

excellent retort
>>
>>75278256
Okay, then if hockey players are such great athletes, why don't they make the big bucks by trying out for the NBA? Each and every one of them would never even make their high school team.
>>
>>75278314

LMAO

A 46 year old fat slav is STILL one of the best players in the league.

Tells you how "hard" hockey is.

You'd never see a 46 year dominate in basketball.
>>
>>75278400
literally as dumb as >>75278346

>>75278409
>jagr
>best in the league
lmao embarrassing post dude
>>
>>75278349
Did you even look at the pic you quoted? smdh
>>
>>75278499
yes, it says that nhl players are 92% white
and mlb players are 83% white
now if you can do basic math, you'll know that 92 is larger than 83
>>
>>75278472

Dude was 7th in MVP voting last season.

At 45!

I know how to use google bro.
>>
>hockey fans tend to love Trump
>hockey is a Russian/slav/leaf-dominated sport
coincidence?
>>
>>75278566
That's fans
>>
>>75278596
>mvp
literally popular vote lmao

>>75278611
yeah i realized that, hockey is even more white
>>
>>75278566
/facepalm
>>
>>75278400
First, hockey players make plenty of money. Second, basketball teams have fewer players than hockey teams, so league revenue is effectively distributed among fewer players.

Color me shocked that you're an uneducated basketball fan grinding life out on that diploma-backed mid-five-figure salary.
>>
Will hockey survive the "White Genocide" that will be complete in three generations? I think not.
>>
Damn. Hockey fans are triggered.

I know it's tough to accept your heroes are crappy athletes who can't run or jump like basketball players, but you ain't gotta get all salty about.

Hockey is a cute little game that flat flooted people can play. The unathletic need sports to play too.
>>
>>75278566
>furpuck players
>white
>slav
>white
loving every laugh
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 618x393px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 618x393px
>>75278801
pretty small percentage
>>
File: nationality.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nationality.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>75278801
>Slavs

Wrong again. See how easy this is?
>>
>Please Watch Our Sport: The Thread
>>
>>75278883
fuck off we're full
>>
>>75278883
Don't watch hockey unless you have money. If you're poor, stick to the simpleton sports.
>>
>>75268879
You think these numbers are a good thing for the NBA? Everyone has ESPN, and I bet a lot of casual sports fans don't know what channel NBCSN is. Plus, most gyms/restaurants/etc. will have ESPN on with no one watching to boost ratings.
>>
Futbol/BBall.

All the rest are trash
>>
File: 1491762982740.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491762982740.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>75278927
truth
>>
File: 1441062740854.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1441062740854.gif
4MB, 500x281px
I've been here over 7 years and avoid hockey at all cost... i still don't get what furpuck means... can someone enlighten me.
>>
basketball is a trash sport with players jumping into other players to draw fouls and the last minute of the game is the most anti-climatic faggotry in sports
>>
Hockey is for affluent white people

Basketball is for the poor
>>
>>75274647

>Disney

And we all know whos behind disney!
>>
Whenever I see white basketball fans I immediately think they are cucks
>>
>>75279158
(jews)
>>
>>75279179

same
>>
Basketball is just better at marketing. It attracts morons with it's WWE tier drama
>>
>>75278112
>>75277928
>>75278298
Literally salivating to big black bulls on Easter Sunday
DAMAGED
>>
>>75268879
I don't understand why we'd want more viewers. More viewers = a diluted, shitty product to appease advertisers (looking at the NFL)
>>
>tfw the NFL draft will draw way more viewership than NHL or NBA playoffs
>>
>>75279586
This, never understood the chip apehoop has.
Parading around a viewership bronze medal. Embarassing
>>
Hockey is dull to watch, just because they fight sometimes and they can skate really fast doesn't make what they're actually doing entertaining. It doesn't lend itself to being a spectacle no matter how much MUH VIOLENCE OR MUH SKATING is involved.
>>
NHL > NFL > MLB > MLS > NBA

undebatable
>>
Apehoop is a diva sport for black amerilards and immigrants because it's played by black amerilards. It's a shit sport for soft numales who want to watch egotistical, illiterates throw a ball around while the ref rigs the game for the league. They are different sports with different audiences, hockey is liked in Canada and is played by white people.
>>75279686
Violence in the game is at an all-time low in the game so what are you talking about?
>>
>>75280135
You seem a little upset.
>>
>>75279686
on the contrary, fighting stops violence in hockey
>>
There's not enough drama in the NHL for ESPN and plebs to follow the sport.
>>
>>75268879
When I was a kid, NHL games were always on late at night so I never got into it
>>
>>75268920
>be white supremacist
>be retarded
NHL still had worse ratings before ESPN retard
>>
>>75277354
if your sports fanbase isn't at least 80% white, you need to get the fuck back to le reddit
>>
>>75268981
>Foreigners tv's are this shitty
>>
>>75275095
There is no doubt in my mind basketball would be huge in vancouver nowadays. I see several people everyday who walk around in Grizzlies hats everyday. Chinese people love basketball and they dont call it hongcouver for nothing.
>>
I don't watch hockey because they wear big pads. With basketball there is a chance I might see a BBC slip out of their shorts
Girl btw
>>
>>75274441
Under fucking rated
>>
>>75268879
masks
>>
>>75268879
so NBA has 1.8M and hockey has 1.5M

big deal

>inb4 there were 3 NHL games!
yeah it split the viewers
>>
>>75281575
>USA: the post
>>
>>75268981
Are you retarded or something? How can you not see the puck?
>>
>>75278314
>much physicality meme
>he's a good athlete because he is big and strong
Hockey is strategy sporr mate. It's so hard that good players stay around for a long time because you literally cannot find anyone else who is decent. Big guys are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>75279936
Switch MLB and NFL
>>
>>75278603
No they don't.
>>
>>75278603
>Russian/slav/dominated sport
kek
>>
>>75279456
Bingo. I used to try to get my friends to watch hockey, but now I realize it's the one thing that drove me from the nfl
>>
>>75269308

>no blacks in the nhl
>two talking heads on NBC are former black players

Whew lad taking the bait on this one
>>
>>75275095
>using an article about 2016 NHL playoffs when 0 Canadian teams made it in
different story this year.
>>75279456
This is true.
>>75282012
And it's just the ratings for two networks in the US. Include Canada in the ratings for both and I'd be interested to see the numbers.
>>
>>75282462
Vastly overrepresented. Grant Fuhr was sorta black, he's a hall of famer. Iginla might make it in one day, but that's about the extent of black greats
>>
>>75282547

>forgets past and present players
>Mike Grier
>PK Subban
>Donald Brashear
>Dustin Byfuglien
>Wayne Simminds
>Okoposo
>The one king guy that one a cup with the kings

There is a lot of black nhl players.
>>
>>75282463
this, league is 50% canadian players.... doesnt include canadian ratings
>>
>>75282614
>forgets less than .01% of NHL players are black (past and present)
>>
>>75282658

>"citations please"
>>
>>75277482
>Boggles my mind though, that they chose Las Vegas over Quebec City.

economy is in the toilet and no sane person would invest in this country right now, the QC arena couldn't have been built at a worse time (the current year) and by the time things turn around, if they ever do, the fuckin' thing will be "out of date"

>>75277928
the truth is that minor league hockey has attendance levels comparable to minor league baseball, and even second tier minor league (ECHL) does quite well, all things considered
>>
>>75283057
>the QC arena couldn't have been built at a worse time (the current year)

But it's always >the current year here
>>
They get better in stadium attendance though. Weird
>>
>>75281084
Jesus H Christ you faggot, there's nothing in that post the promotes white spremecy. Go be a retard somewhere else
>>
>>75282672
google.com
>>
File: hartford.png (8KB, 199x308px) Image search: [Google]
hartford.png
8KB, 199x308px
>>75276270
>>75277482
agreed, hartford is a declining shithole

it had MASSIVE white flight due to crime and bad schools

and keep in mind it goes from 99% white to 15% white there

so almost everyone who used to live in Hartford moved out
>>
>>75283337
>Look guys I'm not racist I just think that black people aren't really "people" so I refer to then as apes
You need to leave your /pol/ echo chamber, because there is nothing normal about that mentality
>>
>>75284008
yea you right, black people are alright. whats really important is how many kikes are in each league
>>
>>75275821
Do you even know what ice is you poo in loo?
>>
>tfw no National Bandy League instead of National Hockey League
>>
>>75279057
In the glory days of /sp/, the only people who ever posted about the obscure, niche sport known as hockey were unabashed furries who would constantly post furry porn and other degenerate material in hockey threads.

This is why /sp/ hates hockey, and anyone who likes that sport is automatically considered to be a furfag who will yiff in hell.
>>
File: liukangbicyclekicking.jpg (57KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
liukangbicyclekicking.jpg
57KB, 612x612px
you now realize a hockey player would tape his leg back together and be back on the ice for the next shift
>>
>>75283337
>referring to basketball as "apehoop"
>implying hockey is superior because of the greater number of white athletes
>not white promoting supremacism
You've got pretty fucked up standards
>>
>>75285035
poor paul george. How the hell is he stil walking?
>>
>>75287877
cuckhoop would be more accurate
>>
>>75289302
XD
>>
>>75289302
Fuck off
>>
Anyone can get into basketball. The rules are simple, there's not much strategy, it centres around a few superstar players.

To understand hockey you have to have played it. It's more complicated, and it's too fast for non-fans to watch on tv.
>>
>>75274441
Thank you for this post
>>
>>75268937
damn drake and josh fell on some hard times
>>
>>75282614
>literally less than 10 players in the entire league
>"there are lots of them"
>>
>>75269065
same here. What is wrong with us?
>>
File: white supremacism.jpg (84KB, 561x633px) Image search: [Google]
white supremacism.jpg
84KB, 561x633px
>>75283337
learn the difference shitlord
>>
>>75268920
ESPN HAD rights to the NHL for a long time in the 90's and early 00's and it still didn't do well. They pushed it hard too. NHL2Night, highlights weren't stuffed into the last five minutes of sportscenter, advertisment. Eisner ditched it for apehoop. The rest is history.
>>
>>75268879
Blacks aren't the stars so nogs don't watch it.
>>
>>75268981
Fox Sports actually did this for a brief period of time in the mid-90s. It was pretty controversial at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grOttsHuuzE
>>
>>75268981
>BUT I CAN'T FUCKING SEE THE PUCK
>in the HD era

What?
>>
>>75268879
>games barely promoted
>nbc puts big stars on their shit stations
>neither Crosby nor Ovechkin have been on NBC proper yet just USA/NBCSN/CNBC

Really activates your almonds.
>>
>the nhl will die in your lifetime

feels good man
>>
>>75294532
I heard the NFL actually took this technology to create the yellow first down line
>>
>>75269065

You asshole, I can't disagree at all with this shit, you're spot on.
>>
>>75268879

Those views for hockey are US-only, dumbass. Nobody has NBCSN in Canada. The games are on CBC or Sportsnet here.
>>
>>75294532
The red afterglow is too much
>>
>>75297086
Not only that, but I know Pittsburgh Root Sports has been broadcasting games, which would account for the vast majority of local market viewership. Don't know if other cities are running their own broadcasts.
>>
>>75268981

It's all about body language. When a player has the puck they are usually skating more methodical than without it. Also if a puck is in the defensive zone and you see a forward fly the zone, you just predict which angle the dman can use to dump puck out to get the rush going and stare at it. It's fairly simple if you can get it through your head that the puck and players are.continually moving and that more often than not, look at who doesn't have the puck and he will eventually get it if in close proximity with the puck carrier
>>
>>75268879

The games are broadcast on home team networks right now, and at least 40-50% of viewership is there.
>>
Hockey will never be as big a draw, because its a sport only played in cold climates. Look at how much larger the summer olympics are compared to the winter, for instance.

NHL doesn't help themselves with their retarded blackout rules, though. MLB blackout lasts 90mins after the game ends. NHL blackout is fucking *48 hours* ... who wants to wait to talk about a game until 48hrs later? Especially egregious when you pay $150 for it.

That's right: When you pay $150 for the NHL gamecenter package, ANY game aired on any major network is blacked out. Including on NHLnetwork. MLB only blacks stuff out for your local market. Yep... you're paying the NHL for the streams, but if they're also playing it on their cable network you can't watch it until 48 hours later. And those blackouts happen for a good 40-50% of all games. I had a sub for 2 years, but I had to resort to VPN to fucking France to avoid blackouts.

Similarly inexplicable shit with NBCsports streams: Used my parents cable login and the game was blacked out despite not living anywhere near the region.
>>
>>75270666
/thread
>>
>>75282658
Hockey generally requires parents to be involved with their kids and yeah, equipment and ice time costs some money. It's not even a lot in most cases, as kids trade up gear. But probably too expensive when you blow all your cash on rims and ignore your kids until you scream at them to get to bed at midnight.
>>
Hockey is a relatively expensive sport that you need a relatively expensive environment to play in. Every player needs their own stick, skates, and some gear too generally. Very niche in comparison to a game like basketball where a 10 dollar basketball and any public basketball court is enough for 10 people to play.
>>
>>75269343
Soccer: hipsters (unless they have Mediterranean heritage)
>>
>>75269308
>2017
>not being racist
LITERALLY laughing at your cracker ass tbph
>>
>>75287877
but hockey is superior because of the greater number of white athletes.
and there's a higher number of white athletes because hockey is superior.

it proves itself
>>
File: bait1463950698740.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait1463950698740.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>75296269
>>
Jokes on you guys. We dont want you to watch our sport, im sick of the league supporting retarded teams playing hockey in a desert. The less Americans the better.
>>
>>75268879
Basketball is easier for most people to enjoy because once you see it on TV, you can play it easy in your own backyard. Cut the bottom out of a home depot work bucket and buy a basketball. It has that accessibility that football does where you just need one or two things and a few people and bam, you're in. Basketball has also spawned this moronic BALL IS LIFE culture but that's just a ploy to sell Nike and Jordans.

Everyone I know that has ever watched a hockey game agrees it's the much better sport to watch, but then you have the issue of it being limited to a few parts of the US, the high barrier for entry if you want to play it yourself, and the fact that it has to fight with the NBA AND NFL for ratings.
>>
>>75298617
>MLB only blacks stuff out for your local market.
this is false
>>
Hockey requires too much specialized equipment for kids to easily get into, it is the only major sport in the us where kids can't easily play a pick up game. This leads to a lack of interest as they become adults
>>
>>75300916
what is football
>>
>>75301058
What is two hand touch
>>
>>75301058
I played football for one year and the high school just gave me the equipment.

A nice field of grass is much cheaper than an indoor arena with freezing capabilities. That's the real cost, not the gear.
>>
>>75268879
It's a more niche sport and watching whites play a sport doesn't have the same signaling value as watching niggers
>>
>>75301061
What is street hockey
>>
Because it is a shitty white sport lol
>>
NBA is a sport for retards. You can be a retard and still know the 2 players required from every team. LEBRON VS CURRY. NIGGER VS SOME OTHER NIGGER (sry dont really know any players).

Any sport with actual strategy and teamwork (the pillars of a successful society) are shunted aside for the most part for individual sports. MUH BRADY, MUH QUARTERBACK. What hockey requires is an appreciation for teamwork, movement, hard work (putting in shifts).

Even elevating hockey "stars" isn't enough because Ovechkin or whoever wont score 2 goals a game like Lebron can score 30 points a game EVERY GAME.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.