[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good was this guy really? I just remember that he was by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: becks (1).jpg (40KB, 650x439px) Image search: [Google]
becks (1).jpg
40KB, 650x439px
How good was this guy really? I just remember that he was by far my favorite player when I was young and played football myself because he was like me: right winger, great passes, great kick, great corners, deadly afraid of heading the ball, shit at everything else. Red pill me on him - was he just le set piece man or was he, in fact, a great player overall?
>>
In his prime he was absolutely world class. But his prime wasn't that long. Overall he was just a very very good player.
>>
Underrated by supposed football connoisseurs, overrated by casual fans. Beckham is a curious case. One of the smoothest touches ever.
>>
>>75229696
good but a system player, had a lot of weaknesses. no pace, couldn't beat players. great work rate, technical skills but his lack of dribbling/pace meant he had to work in a certain system ie 44fucking2 with a brave english lad up top
>>
>>75229735
>system player
Like everyone. What's the point of a manager if not to find the best system for his players? #destroying /sp/ myths
>>
>>75229696

One of the best strikers of a dead ball I've ever seen, people talk about him lacking the pace to beat players but his passing range meant he didn't really have to do it anyway
>>
>>75229696
just a poor mans Siggurdsson really
>>
>>75229696
Finished second to Rivaldo for the Ballon D'or in 1999. He was very good back in the day. He had phenomenal stamina and work rate - usually the first thing Fergie talked about when asked about him. The way Man United played back then was reliant on the wingers and the fullbacks working up and down the pitch all game. Then he stopped trying as much, embraced the celebrity bullshit, and they fell out.
>>
Quite overrated by casuals thanks to the power of marketing. I remember a thread an American made not long ago where he thought Beckham was one of the GOATs alongside Pele because he's one of the few players he's heard of.
>>
He was very good but also a prima donna.
>>
le cross the ball from wide midfield man
>>
>>75229696
has any one realized that his game is almost identical to james rodriguez?
>>
>>75229881

He was the ultimate professional. So underrated just because he's famous
>>
>>75229783
he never stopped trying, he just wanted more celebrity and ego than fergie was willing to give him. one of their biggest fallings out was over the fact he wanted to wear a hat/mask thing to hide his new hairstyle while warming up for a match to create more press. he worked as hard as ever at madrid
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYzKolyzHQ

you now remember his silky smooth right foot
>>
>>75229973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-cEtk4vJhQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJp1kOjkg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2pPoqxZDaY

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>75229914
How so?
>>
>>75230340
elite at crossing but lacking at some basic aspects of the games

I mean James dribbling looks like he's paying football while being shot at
>>
By todays standards he isnt that great, he lacks the dribbling and agility you expect from wingers/wide midfielders today.

But the game back then was different, he had a good work rate, passing and his crossing is the best ever seen.
>>
>>75229696
top 5 all time

and no pele is not even top 10
>>
>>75229696
Not even Landon Donovan tier
>>
He was a central-midfielder/attacking-midfielder stuck in a winger's world.

Seriously, if he was raised in any other country in the world he would have ended up a world class playmaker.
>>
>>75229914
They are nothing alike
>>
>>75229696

le blooter man
>>
>>75229696
He was "Le Long Ball player"
So basically a slightly better version of Pirlo
>>
>>75230688
Honours
Club

Manchester United

Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
FA Cup (2): 1995–96, 1998–99
FA Community Shield (2): 1996, 1997
FA Youth Cup (1): 1992
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

Real Madrid

La Liga (1): 2006–07
Supercopa de España (1): 2003

LA Galaxy

MLS Cup (2): 2011, 2012
MLS Supporters' Shield (2): 2010, 2011
MLS Western Conference
Winners (Regular Season) (3): 2009, 2010, 2011
Winners (Playoffs) (3): 2009, 2011, 2012

Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1 (1): 2012–13
>>
>>75229936
this. i remember at that time capello threw him out of the team for whatever bullshit reason, but he kept training like nothing happened even though he had already signed for LA. eventually capello let him back and he helped them a lot in the end of that amazing season.
>>
became so overrated he became underrated
>>
>>75231052
>capello threw him out of the team for whatever bullshit reason
it's called "tough love"
if it was Savicevic though he'd just tell Capello "Jebem ti Mater" lmao
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.