[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will they ever be relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Arsenal-Logo.jpg (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Arsenal-Logo.jpg
140KB, 600x600px
will they ever be relevant?
>>
>what are monopolies
"no", unless they go full Machiavelli
>>
>>75226405
Cannons went obsolete in the late 15th century, Joao
>>
evidence up to this point in history suggests no
>>
>>75226405
They are as far as any football fan is concerned Arsenal ARE London football
>>
File: 1489561549212.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489561549212.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>75226425

funny
>>
They are relevant, they just aren't very good.
>>
Nah. 0 CLs make them pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>75226405
no because they don'teven want that.

they priotize financial succees over trophies, which is smart from a business perspective, but it's hard for me to understand how you can support a team that wants to make money out of you without ever investing in players or managers to give back any sort of excitement or entertainment value
>>
>>75226725
That's what football is now though and has been for a long time. Money has been prioritized over success, not just by clubs, but by players too. When was the last time a player stayed at the club he's supported since he was a child? Clubs who already challenge for the title are obviously exempt because why would you bother joining a different team when you're already going to be on top wages, you can play the "muh boyhood club" card and pretend you're there because of loyalty. Would Rooney have left Everton if Everton had been challenging for the title and Man U were midtable 13 years ago? Did Aguero really grow up as a street urchin dreaming of the day he could pull on the shirt of the mighty Manchester City? Of course not.
Even that tired old argument of "b-b-b-but if a company offered you more money to join them you wouldn't turn it down". It's hardly a fair comparison where some nobody is working his fingers to the bone for £300pw and gets offered £400pw to input data and be meaningless somewhere else, and being on £150kpw and being offered £175kpw. That's not "common sense" it's pure greed.
That's the facts and you can use all manner of mental gymnastics, but the facts will always remain the same. And you know why they'll remain the same just as I do, Fritz. One day all the lies will collapse under their own weight and the truth will once again triumph.

:^)
>>
>>75226962
stil arsenal stands out to me as one of the clubs that doesnt care the tiniest bit about titles. ManU, barca real all have huge fanbases they could just leech off of, like arsenal does, but they put a lot of money into winning titles as well. sure, it doesn't work for manu at all, but at least they give a shit.
>>
>>75226405
Literally one good striker away from a league title
>>
>>75226725
fuck Stan Kroenke
>>
>>75227105
why would they do that when they can just drive their current good players away with low salaries and then hire someone mediocre you've never heard of
>>
>>75226725
£90m spent in the summer.
>>
>>75227185
eah that was unusally much for them, on the other hand it looks almost like they actually tried to spend it the worst way possible
>>
>>75227229
They have a greater net spend than Chelsea in the last 5 seasons and third over all. They're spending in proportion.
>>
>>75227267
okay looks like I'm wrong then, then their results are kinda embarrasing though. I could see the greater than chelsea net spending be mostly due to how expensive chelsea sell the likes of oscar and luiz
>>
Yes, they just have to give Wenger more time.
Building a great team isn't something you can do in couple of seasons.
>>
>>75227105
Arsenal wont be able to attract good players, given the whats happening with Ozil and Sanchez.
>>
>>75227332
>bring in Simeone
>he brings Greasman over
>Simeone puts some fucking heart into this team
>Ozil and Sanchez stay

they say I'm a dreamer
>>
>>75227306

and loads of other players they buy young, loan out, never play for them and sell

they have 20 or 30 people out on loan or something ridiculous
>>
>>75227359
thats just delusion m8
>>
>>75227359
The funniest thing about Simeone to Arselel (not that it would ever happen) would be Simeone himself chasing those "wenger core" overrated shitters out of the club.

Just imagine Simeone trying to put up with Walnut, Coquelin or Ramshit.
>>
>>75227510

coquelin and ramshit would run for a manager like simeone all day, they could be useful in a squad
>>
>>75227558
I don't think anyone who isn't an Arsenal fan (or fan of an even more irrelevant EPLel team) rates or would want any of those shitters at their club. "Good squad player" is just a delusion that fades away when they have to actually think or make a pass.
>>
>>75227611

ramsey has clearly shown ability in his career, he played well at the euros for instance

coquelin is debatable, but has had good performances against teams like man city

it is difficult to judge most of the arsenal squad though, wenger is probably holding most of them back and a good manager ought to be able to get much better performances than they've shown in the past 2-3 years. it clearly isn't simply players not being good enough, exactly the same mental fragility has been clear at arsenal for at least 10 years, that can only be the manager
>>
>>75227611
Ramsey is actually good though, as showed by his amazing performance last Euro. Arsenal is a shit Portuguese League tier club right now but they still have some good players there.
>>
>>75226579
>They are relevant, they just aren't very good.

This 2bh. It depends what kind of relevance you mean.
>>
>>75227105
And they've been one striker away from a title for over a decade now. Why would you think they're going to fix it now?
>>
File: Franchise_Club.jpg (263KB, 2003x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Franchise_Club.jpg
263KB, 2003x1072px
Woolwich Arsenal = plastic franchise club
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.