[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does "momentum" really exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: usatsi_9862161.jpg (131KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
usatsi_9862161.jpg
131KB, 1000x600px
Does "momentum" really exist?
>>
No just Jews
>>
Back in my day we called it scripting
>>
I don't believe in momentum. Which scenarios from the last two Super Bowls sound more plausible?

>"Falcons horrendously shit playcalling with a huge lead allows Patriots to take advantage of tired defense to come back and win game"
>"Dont'a Hightower strip sack suddenly makes the Patriots do everything right and the Falcons do everything wrong"

>"Cam Newton finds Devin Funchess open 40 yards down field but takes too long with his windup allowing Von Miller to make game-winning strip sack"
>"Von Miller makes second strip-sack of night due to momentum of having neutralized league MVP the entire night"

What I do believe in is luck. If the ball starts bouncing your way like it did for the Julian Edelman catch, that's pure luck. Which some people/teams just have more of than others for whatever celestial reason.
>>
>>75215574
for the weak-minded, yes
>>
In stop and start sports like football probably not. But you can definetly build momentum in Soccer for example if you can keep the pressure up.
>>
Yes as in the other team starts over-thinking and can't focus properly. This is how those meltdowns happen. Shit starts going wrong and the team panics. You see this from plenty of badly coached teams. They luck into being up on a contender. Then the contender starts making plays and they absolutely blow it. The Lions and Browns are the master of this.
>>
>>75215574
Sports a played by humans and humans have emotions. Emotions control focus and focus dictates momentum. If one team's players become too overcome by their emotions (fear, excitement, frustration) they lose focus and thus lose momentum. If sports were played by robots then no, momentum would not be a thing.
>>
File: compton2.gif (30KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
compton2.gif
30KB, 600x432px
>>75215574
Yes, pic related.
>>
Yes there's literally acclaimed books breaking down scientifically how we develop positive/negative psyche in the human brain called "Flow" and "The Winner Effect"
>>
>>75215574
It obviously does.
But does the zone exist?
>>
File: 19820999.jpg (126KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
19820999.jpg
126KB, 800x705px
>>75215777

>pure luck
>these trips

Luck isn't real though.
>>
File: bradyfedora.jpg (29KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
bradyfedora.jpg
29KB, 620x400px
*orchestrates the greatest comeback in sport history subsequently cementing his spot as one of the most accomplished and dominant sportsmen to ever exist respectfully towards you*
>>
Obviously yes OP, have you ever actually played a sport?
It won't, or shouldn't, matter as much against a mentally tough team, but if a defence is under the coch they're gonna fuck up more. The crowd gets fired up too, and they start to doubt themselves.
>>
>>75215574
Yes. Fucking EA
>>
>>75223774
This.
>>
>>75215574
choking exists

acting like you already won exists

and bad coaching exists
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.