[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 OKC: 55 wins 2017 OKC: 47 wins Apologize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: okc.png (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
okc.png
17KB, 200x200px
2016 OKC: 55 wins
2017 OKC: 47 wins

Apologize
>>
For what? Seems like an appropriate record judging by /sp/'s historic respect for Westbrook and Durant respectively.

/sp/ was completely right from the start on this issue
>>
>>75202248

2016: Title contenders
2017: At risk for being swept in the first round
>>
>>75202310
KD was only worth 8 wins
>>
>>75202350

Yeah if you are a casual that doesn't know shit about the nba. I bet you think that the celtics are better than the cavs
>>
>>75202350
>only
>>
>>75202399
Lately? Yes. Cavs are sucking it up.
>>
>>75202413
Over an 82 game season that's less than a 10% difference
>>
>>75202446
And did you miss the game where the Cavs dominated the Celtics?
>>
>>75202508
But I was under the impression that the regular season doesn't matter.

But that's only when it comes to LeBron and Westbrook teams right?

morons.
>>
>>75202350
KD is worth 6 less wins than Barnes and Bogut lmao.
>>
>>75202619
It mattered because both teams wanted the first seed
You have to look at each case individually you fucking moron
>>
>>75202619

It matters when assessing talent, playstyles, and matchups you retard. The actual wins/losses don't tell the whole story. The cavs for example blew a bunch of leads because they get bored and started dicking around. The celtics overachieved way beyond their actual talent, which is why nobody is afraid of them in the playoffs.
>>
>>75202716
Can't trick me, LeBum.
>>
File: Lebron Smile.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Lebron Smile.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>75202745
Celcuck fan detected
Hope you like your first round exit
>>
>>75202766
At least Celtics fans can watch the nba from November to April.
>>
>>75202809
They can build up their hope only to lose in the playoffs? Great
>>
>>75202840
Better to lose in the playoffs than to embarass themselves in the Finals.
>>
>>75202350
Not sure if you know this but there's a postseason
>>
>>75202880
ok, and? Westbrook has a good shot to reach the WCF
>>
>>75202910
No he doesn't, he has no chance. Thunder have a horrible team and will likely lose to the Rockets in six
>>
>>75202910

If by shot you mean "if Harden and Leonard die on the court" then sure he does
>>
>>75202934
All the Rockets-Thunder game came to within 1 possession. One lucky bounce the Thunder's way, they would've won 4-0 against them

The Spurs choke in the playoffs
>>
>>75202248
Playoffs are really the only thing that matters. Too bad KD doesn't shine in the playoffs anyway.
>>
>>75202980
Exactly, and Russell usually does

I can make the argument that the Thunder are even better without KD and built better for the playoffs
>>
>>75202990

No, you can't. OKC with KD damn sure wouldn't be underdogs to the rockets
>>
>>75202990
kek what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>75203050
KD lost a playoff game in the first round to the Mavericks

Westbrook singlehandedly won the series against the Spurs

Westbrook is clutch in a way KD is not
>>
>>75202944
neither of those things really help, Harden can be replaced by decent ball movement because they have like 4 excellent ballhandlers and 5 or 6 excellent 3-ball shooters
The Spurs would still probably be more than competitive without Kawhi, considering their defense is statistically better without him and they have great fundamentals
>>
>>75203071
What are you talking about? They lost that game by one point and both played. You want to tell me how someone with sub .400 shooting against .500 teams can win without a consistent scorer?
>>
>>75202861
>there are people who actually think this
so you're telling me if you could choose between your team making the finals and losing or not making the finals you would rather they dont make the finals? i would fucking kill to see my team in an NBA finals even if they lose

literally what possible explanation could you have for that logic? its not like your draft pick for the year is based on how far you make it in the playoffs, theres no upside to exiting the playoffs earlier.
>>
>>75203193
As a Patriot and Celtics fan, I know full well how it feels for your team to lose in the playoffs and in the superbowl/finals.

And the feeling is I hope I never have to see things like 2007, 2010, and 2011 ever again.

The Celtics right now, I only want them to make the ECF and get bounced, if they make the finals, it would be great, but I know they would lose, and I would get my hopes up so much like "wow this would be the greatest story in NBA history, a humble 5'9 point guard leading his team to a NBA championship" only for them to lose in 5 games and embarrass Celtics fans on a national scale.
>>
>>75203266
>only for them to lose in 5 games and embarrass Celtics fans on a national scale
This is the jump in logic that I don't understand
>losing to the Warriors in 5 games is a national embarrassment
>losing to the Cavs in 5 games who then go on to lose to the Warriors in 5 games is not a national embarrassment

I personally don't think either result is a national embarrassment, unless they get swept and lose every single game by like 30 points. But I don't understand how you can think not making the finals is better than making the finals. You're saying 3rd place is better than 2nd place. Obviously 1st is the only place that really matters but most people would still want to be 2nd over 3rd.
>>
>>75203334
losing to the Cavs is a huge embarrassment. they're a dumpster fire and honestly have no business being in the playoffs
>>
>>75203399

Yet they are still by far the best team in the east
>>
Russell Westbrook's gonna bag 5 triple doubles en route to a first round exit lmao.
>>
>>75203399
just wait for the playoffs. people say this every single year about LeBron's teams and every single year he easily makes it to the Finals.
>>
>>75202248
Sorry you had to leave Seattle for that shithole OKC desu
>>
Does this season prove once and for all how useless KD is?

Without Westbrook KD won 20 games
Without KD Westbrook won 47
>>
>>75203536
KD was 19 without Westbrook
Are you saying Westbrook can only look favourable to a 19 year old KD?
>>
>>75203472
Bring back the sonics!!
>>
>>75202350
that's not how WAR works you fucking retard
>>
>>75204470
You're right

Since KD had Westbrook last year, he pumped his stats up and is in fact worse than 8 wins
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.