[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, where did it all go wrong for him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Everyone could see the >moyes fiasco coming a mile off, but he inherited a pretty average squad glossed over by a world class striker and keeper.

But LVG had players like Van Persie, Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao, Depay, Mata, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Januzaj and Carrick at his disposal. Players who all the top sides would love in their team.

In fact, the best spell under him late on in the 2014/15 season, their key players were Fellaini, Young, Valencia and Smalling.
>>
None of those are great players, at least not at the time
Di Maria is a stretch but he's too inconsistent
Van Gaal did decently in my opinion, nothing extraordinary but nothing bad either
Mou isnt doing better than him
>>
honestly van laal did a good to great job on defense - they just lacked goals.

play the exact same squad plus Ibra and he'd have been top 4 last season easily.
>>
>>75175891
>None of those are great players, at least not at the time

>Van Persie and Falcao
Two of the best strikers in the world at the time.

>Rooney
Past his late '00s best but still a source of goals.

>Di Maria
Just had a fantastic season at Real Madrid, the unsung hero amidst the Bale/Ronaldo hype. Had a great start at United too.

>Depay and Januzaj
Young prospects tipped to be world class, yet to be ruined by Van Gaal

>Mata and Herrera
Both played well under him to be fair, although Mata has never regained the world class form that he had at Chelsea.

>Carrick
Every team needs a Carrick

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Martial, but Jose is currently ruining him.
>>
>>75175997
And

>Schweinsteiger
Veteran midfielder who still "had it"
>>
>>75175959
The reason the defence was good that season was because United passed it sideways/backwards all the time. It ended up making Smalling look like a top defender. And it wasn't even that good anyway, De Gea had to pull off 2 or 3 wonder saves every game.
>>
>>75175997
>>75176017
Rooney and RVP had their last good season in 2013, after that they were washed up and lazy
Falcao was coming out of a grave injury, he still has to recover
Depay isnt any good
Shaw, isnt this the LB that was injured for over a year? Why even naming him?
Januzaj had one or two good matches in his career, nothing to be hyped about
Schwein was there only to collect the fat salary
Herrera is hardly any good and Carrick stopped being decent ages ago
Di Maria and Mata are pretty good, that's right

Are you a false flagger or just delusional? Because it's clear he couldnt have done much better with that team
Mourinho has a better team and he isnt doing better, clearly not the managers fault
>>
>>75176201
Did you watch Van Persie at the world cup?

As I said, Depay and Januzaj had potential to be good players, but it just wasn't to be.

It's not as if people predicted that Shaw would get injured.

Herrera and Carrick are both massively underrated players. Both having very good seasons right now.
>>
>>75175891
>Mou isnt doing better than him
you must not have seen any of United's games last season.
>>
>>75176261
Yes, Van Persie was invisibile all the world cup except the 5-1
The others arent any good, stop thinking they are because it will only hurt you, I say this for your good
>>
he's an amazing coach, but he's autistic and has an asshole personality so he keeps destroying his own work just to spite others
>>
>>75176300
In terms of points and placement he isnt
Not sure about playstyle tho but that's hardly important
>>
He never gave the slightest shit while in march of Man United
>>
>>75176508

*charge
>>
>loses 4-0 to MK DONS

comedy gald
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.