[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is baseball americas only relevant sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 68rrat6gy6qy.jpg (2MB, 9019x2772px) Image search: [Google]
68rrat6gy6qy.jpg
2MB, 9019x2772px
is baseball americas only relevant sport?
>>
Basketball, surely? It has a decent amount of international appeal.
>>
>>75107541
>Niggerball
No
>>
>>75107541
Isn't niggerhop Canadian? I might be wrong.
>>
>>75107932

Basketball was created by a Canadian teacher who was working in the USA iirc.

The only truly American sport is Lacrosse.

American Football - Created in Canada by British and French colonists, soon found it's way onto the campuses of American universities like Yale and Harvard.

Baseball - The first mentions of it are from 18th century England in which the Prince of Wales was a player, it's essentially a bigger version of the game Rounders.

Hockey - Field hockey played all over Europe for a century, only natural to play it on ice during winter, lots of paintings and diaries of it being played.
>>
>>75107661
It's a very popular sport in other countries m8
>>
>>75108173
>The only truly American sport is Lacrosse.

I'm pretty sure that's Canadian.

>American Football - Created in Canada by British and French colonists, soon found it's way onto the campuses of American universities like Yale and Harvard.
>Baseball - The first mentions of it are from 18th century England in which the Prince of Wales was a player, it's essentially a bigger version of the game Rounders.

Ridiculous. Of course football and baseball had their roots in other sports, but that doesn't mean that they weren't invented in the US. Pretty much every invention was based on something else.
>>
>>75102437
Baseball only really has some Caribbean islands and Japan.

Basketball has most of Eastern Europe and to a lesser extent Western Europe, Oceania, and a little bit of South America. NBA has the widest representation of all the major American sports leagues.
>>
>>75108346

Lacrosse was played by the Iroquois tribe who predominantly lived in modern day New York.

American and Canadian football are pretty similar except for a few different rule changes like the number of downs and slightly meme kicking rules in the CFL. The first real Gridiron football team was at the University of Montreal, Yale students decided to start playing it after they visited Montreal.

Most of Baseballs' modern rules only developed in the 20th century such as allowing fast pitching, wearing baseball gloves etc.

I'm not trying to claim any of these sports, just that Lacrosse is the only sport that derived entirely from America.
>>
>>75108173
>tfw we're the best at all of those
>hockey
2018 is right around the corner.
>>
>>75108729
>Most of Baseballs' modern rules only developed in the 20th century such as allowing fast pitching, wearing baseball gloves etc.

That's true, but the sport itself started in the 1860s in the US. Of course it has some basis in general bat-and-ball sports (especially cricket and rounders), but it's still it's own thing.
>>
>>75109098

I like the Conan segment where he plays 1860's Baseball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo
>>
>>75108173
Football and baseball were invented in their current form by Americans in America, although you are correct about their roots through what I assume is wikipedia articles. Lacrosse is from NY-area Iroquois although since the Iroquois inhabited a shitton of land its possible that it came from anywhere else in the Northeast or Canada.
>>
>>75109841

I'm not saying America didn't make the sports what they are today, just that the original version Americans played were imported mostly from Canada and Europe in post colonial America, except for Lacrosse.

Let's not forget most colonial Americans were puritans which meant no sport, no music, no theatre, no celebrating holidays, no fun.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.