[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: simms-495x330.jpg (29KB, 495x330px) Image search: [Google]
simms-495x330.jpg
29KB, 495x330px
JUST
>>
My question is why is Romo starting off at the main commentator

Like he has 0 experience. They dont know if he will flop

in "made in america", they show how awful OJ was when he first started out.
>>
I'm pretty sure he had legitimate brain damage.

Simms would just say stupid redundant shit at some points like Al Madden, except he had no personality and wouldn't even finish thoughts.
>>
File: Boomer-Esiason.jpg (373KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Boomer-Esiason.jpg
373KB, 2000x1500px
At least you have the morning show, Phil.
>>
>>75045394
Its not that hard a job, as long as you know football and have a personality, gruden went right in from coaching and apparently everyone who knows romp thinks he'll do a good job.
>>
>>75045301
It all went down hill after he farted on air
>>
>>75045658
Source? I've heard of fartgate before but never the audio
>>
http://www.avclub.com/article/collected-works-phil-simms-pro-footballs-poet-laur-246124

RIP

Even if Romo's decent he'll be less entertaining

>>75045517
It is hard, Romo's someone who is paid to fill one specific role in a team. He's moving into a job where oratory skills and understanding the entire team are the most important factors.

So many sports are fucking plagued by ex-players who walk into lifelong commentary jobs. Almost every bad soccer commentator is an ex-player for instance.
>>
>>75045699
https://youtu.be/-2cNXMzSxTI
>>
File: 1474160731063.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1474160731063.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>75045836
Holy shit, the look on Nantz face is priceless. Phil had some balls to do that on the air. And Phill is a country boy, you know that shit reeks to high heavens.
>>
ROMO
>>
>>75045301
Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?
>>
>>75045836
HAHAHA
>>
>>75045836
Nantz always hated Simms this was probably the last straw and he probably cried to CBS to get him fired
>>
Romo is affable and has a good knowledge of the game, but he definitely has a lot of things he needs to work on between now and his first broadcast if this interview is any indication:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/01/tony-romo-breaks-down-dez-bryant-catch

I believe he can get there, but I'm a bit surprised they just immediately gave him one of the top gigs.
>>
Simms is the worst commentator ever. He rambles on like a nagging wife and never comes up for air. Constantly cuts Nantz off as well. Nantz sounds genuinely dead inside when he has to share the air with him.
>>
>>75045836
Holy shit he actually waves it toward Nantz my fucking sides
>>
>>75045517
>Its not that hard a job

Which is why so many people can't do it, right buttmunch?

I'm not saying Tony Pinata won't be able to do it. I am saying it's a skill like any other. The Clavicle Kid should be given a chance to develop before being thrown into the network's top booth and some guy working now should be given a chance at the top job.

As for Simms, I'm a Giants and he was part of 2 superb owls for the franchise but he needed to be replaced a couple of years back. He was never more than a mediocre color man and he's gotten way worse over the last few years.

He's in his 60s now and he's been so bad the last few years I seriously wonder if some CTE symptoms are finally showing up.
>>
>>75045836

Fucking heinous!
>>
Jim Nance has too much pull.

I actually liked Simms.
>>
>>75045836

Are you warmer now?
>>
this guy ruined madden
>>
>>75054223
Yeah, the commentary ruined madden.
The commentary not the horrible gamplay, not the lack of competition from other videogame studios, not the lack of innovation, not the fact that cut features from past games are constantly being introduced as new features, not the watered down game modes in favor of Ultimate Team "aka gambling for kids", not the fact that new games are widely considered to glorified roster updates. Not the cancerous multiplayer, not the horrible youtube culture, not even the fact that it's made by EA

Yeah, it was phil simms commentary.
>>
>>75045394
This. Jim and Phil are primetime commentators for CBS and have great chemistry. Throwing in Romo who has zero experience is fucking retarded whether you like Phil or not.
>>
>>75054475
phil, this isn't the place for you
>>
>>75054560
Madden will never EVER be better than 2k, deal with it EA
>>
>>75054548
>Jim and Phil are primetime commentators for CBS and have great chemistry.

Nance and Simms are CBS' top booth, but the only "chemistry" going in that booth involves Phil's lower colon cooking up another fart.
>>
>>75052600
Calm down Phil
>>
>>75054475
blame FIFA
>>
I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with this kind of commentary.

https://youtu.be/9OVNsQATJGA
>>
File: simms-00.webm (237KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
simms-00.webm
237KB, 1024x512px
>>
>>75045301
he won this superbowl thing right

how did Homo do?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.