[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How not to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bodyguard.png (88KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bodyguard.png
88KB, 512x512px
Alright, just got a job with a company that does security for banks, armored cars, bodyguarding, that kind of thing. What martial art is best for that kind of work? An older guy told me to take boxing and brazilian jui jitsu, but he might have been talking out of his ass.
>>
>>75042299
>boxing
Yeah have fun with having only punches in your arsenal and getting rekt by anyone who fights dirty (which is 99% of anyone attacking you)
>>
>>75042299
I have 5 years experience working security and 12 years experience doing martial arts, but since this has nothing to do with sports...

>>>/asp/
>>>/adv/
>>
>>75042423
>since this has nothing to do with sports
It has plenty to do with martial arts, which is why I asked here. /asp/ seems to be 90% professional "wrestling", so asking there seemed like a terrible idea. Did start a similar thread in /adv/ though.

>>75042332
>Yeah have fun with having only punches in your arsenal and getting rekt by anyone who fights dirty (which is 99% of anyone attacking you)
1. American style boxing is not the only type of boxing that exists. And the point of taking a boxing class (american, kickboxing, mui thai, whatever) is to work on footwork and defense. The Jiu Jitsu is supposed to be the primary offense, though that has an obvious flaw of its own.
>>
>>75042299
Follow the company's advice and just give up the money and try to get as much details about the robbers as possible
>>
>>75042731
>Follow the company's advice and just give up the money
Yeah, it's not that kind of company. Most of their employees are working armed security on industrial and financial sites. A good 25% of the guys who work in the field are patrolling oil rigs and factory complexes, always armed, often with rifles. It's private policing and corporate security, not mall cops. The company strongly encourages employees to take self defense and martial arts classes, and even offers some of their own, though everyone within the company seems to consider the official courses kind of a joke.
>>
File: IMG_6146.jpg (20KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6146.jpg
20KB, 480x204px
>>75042299
How did you get this job without skills? Are you ex-mil and nobody asked what you did or do you just look intimidating?
>>
>>75042859
Learn how to use a pistol in VERY quick defense before you try to be Bruce Lee
>>
>>75042863
>How did you get this job without skills?
I have no god damn idea how I got this job. I know a guy who works at the company and he said he'd put in a good word, but I thought this was like mall cop type shit, and at the interview the dude is explaining that field employees (What I'm being trained in for) are always armed, and can both make arrests and charge suspects, the police just actually haul them in. I have a few very loosely related traits that could be seen as a good thing for someone looking for this kind of job, but no idea what made the company think I was a good choice.

>"This kid has no experience with law enforcement, no training in dangerous situations, and a bare minimum knowledge about law, self defense, or police procedure."
>Yeah but he knows Dave."
>Fuck in then, let's bring him on!"

>>75042901
Oh yeah, for sure, just trying to cover all by bases here.
>>
>>75042647
>It has plenty to do with martial arts, which is why I asked here.
Well since you're being persistent, okay. I'm assuming you will be armed, so that will cover most medium to long range threats. Anything close range (like if someone quickly pulls a knife on you), without spending years of training to become a well rounded in combat skills, your best bet is to learn and practice routinely a number of stand-up hand controls and locks. Basically stand-up grappling techniques.
>>
>>75043109
>without spending years of training to become a well rounded in combat skills
Oh I fully intend to. This job pays *really* well, so I'll be training extensively to ensure I can keep it and perform well. Still, your advice seems sound. I got similar advice from a cop and some gym owners, so it's good to hear that backed up by other people.

Out of curiousity, you seem to imply that my being armed makes a difference in this, so if I weren't armed how would that change the situation?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.