[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

European gridiron football

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ap378707652293.jpg (79KB, 940x529px)
ap378707652293.jpg
79KB, 940x529px
>your country
>your favorite team feom your country's top tier league
>your favorite NCAA team
>your favorite NFL team
>Do you play football
>if so, team and position(s)
>>
For me, it's the semen slurpers
>>
>>75035045
>Sbane
>Reus Imperials
>UofA Wildcats
>AZ Cardinals
>Yes
>Stgo Black Ravens, starting DT and backup LG
>>
>>75035045
>>your country
MURICA
>>your favorite team feom your country's top tier league
$(ERS
>>your favorite NCAA team
don't have one
>>your favorite NFL team
$(ERS
>>Do you play football
no, played in high school
>>if so, team and position(s)
left tackle on off, right DT
>>
>your country
Brazil
Timbo Rex
>your favorite NCAA team
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
>your favorite NFL team
Baltimore Ravens
>Do you play football
Yes
Cruzeiro Guardians, Left Tackle
>>
>>75035134
how is the league setup and the rules in Brazil?
>>
>your country
USA
Baltimore Ravens
>your favorite NCAA team
none
>your favorite NFL team
Baltimore Ravens
>Do you play football
back in middle school then high school
MS: Defensive right tackle, Offensive left tackle.
HS: Offensive Right Guard
>>
>>75035152
No idea about BR, but in Spain it works as following:
We have 3 tiers of Leagues and then regional leagues that would be like a 4th tier

Serie A is the Hughes tier, there's 6 teams (this season: Reus Imperials, Badalona Dracs, Barberá Rookies, Valencia Fireabts, Valencia Giants and Murcia Cobras) who play each other twice. The best 4 go to playoffs, the worst relegates and the 2nd worst plays a game against the runner up of Serie B where the winner plays in Serie A next season.

Serie B has two groups of 4 teams. The best two of each group go to promotion playoffs and the worst of each relegate.
In the Serie B final, they play for a direct promotion and the Serie B championship, the loser gets another chance of promotion by defeating the 2nd worst of Serie A.

Serie C is more chaotic. There's 4 "independent" leagues: Norte (North), Centro (Center), Cataluña and Andalucia.
Each champion goes to a 4-teams playoff. The finalists play only for the Serie C title since they are both promoted regardless they win it or not.

Galicia, Canarias and (I think) Extremadura have their own regional Leagues. Although the Galician one might disappear if we (Santiago Black Ravens) leave it to go play in Serie C Norte.
>>
>>75036463
I'm honestly impressed by the number of people that play handegg over there. Why do they use English nicknames? Feels weird
>>
>>75037505
There's a few number of teams with name in Spanish (Osos Rivas, Sevilla Linces...) but yeah, most are ina English.
I'd personally name my team as Cuervos Negros or Caballeros (knights) as it was proposed when we created the team
>>
>>75037680
It's a bit odd that they put the team nicknames like that, "Linces de Sevilla" sounds better than "Sevilla Linces" in my opinion. I guess it's appealing to the existing fanbase that follows the sport
>>
>>75035045
USA
Cleveland Browns
Ohio State Buckeyes
Browns, again
I don't play anymore, I did in High School
I played ILB (4-4 scheme), and C on offense (triple option, flexbone base offense)
>>
>>75037815
not that poster but they tried to set up an euro handegg league decades ago (probably still exists) and since it was international it probably made many teams pick english names (frankfurt galaxy, barcelona dragons, etc)

maybe that had some influence on lesser local teams pick also english names
>>
>>75039454
NFL Europe folded ten years ago.
>>
>>75039794
There's still a few international European Leagues tho
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.