[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all MLS fans like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170401_170217.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_170217.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
Are all MLS fans like this?
>>
>>74991118
No.

Great post.
>>
>>74991118
why are american footy lads so pathetic?
>>
>>74991143
Because all of them come from the same corner: edgy hipsters (often left wing for extra edginess) who try to be foreign and contrarian.

In literally anywhere but the US everyone follows football (normal people, edgy leftwing faggots, edgy rightwing faggots, literal faggots etc. Etc.) so you don't get a certain pathetic feeling.
>>
>>74991143
It depends honestly. Best way to tell is if they are a fan of more than one team, then they are automatically a cunt.
>>
>>74991143
Because they copy the brits.
>>
>>74991118
I'm just surprised that many Chicago Fire fans exist
>>
>>74991143
They're trying to create a culture based on another culture they've never experienced.
>>
>>74991898
absolutely this
>>
Couldn't they have just placed "midwest"
>>
>>74991898
Not really a bad thing, sometimes people get into the sport and like going to games because the culture is better than what you'll find in American sports

It's just cringe when the people doing it are hipsters and/or liberals who use it to push their agenda
>>
TL:DR; It's aspirational Europhilia mixed with snobbishness towards fellow Americans.

Its pure Euro imitation by the same metropolitan liberal sorts that populate sites like reddit and Buzzfeed. The kind of people that actually find a sense of superiority in conspicuously indulging in imported sports """"culture"""" and using that as a smug counter to America's insular and mostly soccer-blind sports culture. The great tragedy is that they're yet to realize that the people they're trying to spite and the foreigners they're imitating are both laughing at them.
>>
>>74991118
That image triggers me more than you could possibly conceive. It makes me want to see the whole of America wiped off the face of the planet.
>>
>>74991741
>copy the brits
>>
>>74994063
Don't worry Mohammed, it will happen sooner rather than later.
>>
>>74991243
>>74994031
these. You know, most of America wouldn't mock them as mercilessly if they just cultivated something of their own organically. Yeah, soccer would still be dismissed as that alt sport for kids not tall enough or fit enough for basketball and football, but some originality would redeem MLScum.
>>
How contrived. Sad!
>>
>>74994109
Do you realize that since the best football is played in Europe and South America, most fans started off watching and being a fan of teams from there? Organic fan culture would ask everyone to drop the fandoms they already have, which doesn't work at all in somewhere like, say, Orlando where the team is newer and all the fans were already fans of leagues in other places. It's not unnatural to support your team in the same way they do in the leagues you actually watch.
>>
>>74994145
But this >>74991118
is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>74994162
Agreed. Footy lads are the ones that make people who genuinely like the fan culture look bad
>>
>>74994145
But there's a difference between having followed Euro leagues primarily, and lifting every single aspect of foreign fandom to try and force it in a cultural space that wouldn't naturally support it, it's just fucking weird. This is coming from someone (a Scottish immigrant i'll admit) who's followed Serie A since he was 4. As much as i love everything Euro-footy, i'd still love it if the MLS, and America's budding soccer community stopped slavishly copying everything they saw in Europe.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20160622_190451.jpg (609KB, 2352x1440px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20160622_190451.jpg
609KB, 2352x1440px
>>74991118
I just enjoy the games when I go to Chicago Fire games. I could care less about the mls as I started watching the epl alot when nbc started to air it around 09 and the world Cup of 2010.

I hate how all these mls fans try to make/create a culture that is based on others.
>I don't care about adding United or real to the name
>giving our leaflets to get people to chant is cancer.

>pic related: I rooted for the good guys screaming shit in a back of edgy James fans and Chicanos wishing Columbia would win. Copa america
>>
>>74994205
I guess my point was that it isn't copying most times, it's just people staying with what they're already familiar with. Like, the ultras group that I was able to stand with once was founded by European immigrants who were just bringing the atmosphere they were used to, not copying other countries. I know Orlando has heavy ties to Hispanic immigrants doing the same thing and both NYC clubs have fan groups tied to the European heritage there. And honestly I would rather have footy lads as a result of copying Europe than have MLS be like every other American sport, since college football is the only other one with atmosphere barring a select few NFL cities that do well with that
>>
>>74994145
Having a "fandom" of a team thousands of miles away is just as pathetic

>>74994109
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't
MLS kinda tried but no one bit on it
>>
>>74994289
>muh heritage
>>
File: IMGG959.jpg (129KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMGG959.jpg
129KB, 1200x675px
I saw that flag on opening day this year against Real Salt Lake.

IIRC, it's just a huge joke. Hence "midwestshire"
>>
>>74995361
This poster raises a pretty fair point
In 2017, it's basically impossible to tell the difference between true autism and >le doing it ironically xDDD
>>
File: IMG_6416.jpg (102KB, 1200x443px)
IMG_6416.jpg
102KB, 1200x443px
>>74995422
From time to time I see some actual britbongs at Toyota Park, but I don't know if we do have an actual English (or European) following. So I'm pretty sure they are doing it ironically since also they are hanging out with Sector Latino.
>>
>>74994063
It triggers me knowing they'd pronounce it shyer.
>>
>>74991143
It's reddit: the fanbase.
>>
>>74995361
I genuinely think it's funny, and a lot of mls stuff gives me cringe
>>
File: 1477446624243.jpg (157KB, 1300x724px) Image search: [Google]
1477446624243.jpg
157KB, 1300x724px
>>74991118
Is this worse?
>>
>>74995546
I'm whatever about it.

Personally it's the least embarrassing thing I've witness or heard.

I mean, we have some pretty embarrassing chants that I low-key hate singing whenever I'm at the Harlem End
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.