[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much does having a great coach affect whether a team is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1489896418261.jpg (49KB, 775x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1489896418261.jpg
49KB, 775x1161px
>>
>>74962458
if you have a top 5 coach, it makes a positive difference. the reverse is true for a bottom 5 coach, in basketball at least.
>>
>>74962458

It depends on the team. I'n the cavs case I don't believe they need a great coach. just a decent one.
>>
>>74962458
I think there is a huge gap between your average and above average coaches and great coaches.

Like, you think anybody is going to disrespect Pop or Kerr? Those guys are superstars in their own right. Look at the personalities that make up their squads. Very soft spoken, go out there and bust your ass types. Draymond is probably the only stand out personality there and even then, Kerr has put him in his place by telling him to stop shooting during the BANG BANG game.
>>
>>74962458

It's the difference between the spurs and the pacers or the celtics and the suns. Coaching is very important and super underrated in basketball. Just because once in a generation talents like LeBron can carry teams doesn't mean coaching isn't important
>>
>>74962458
Literally does not matter. All coaches do the same thing to the same degree organizing their teams and having a strategy. It's all basic coaching, the players either perform or don't. A "good" coach or a competent coach is all you need, the players are what matters. If a monkey could be trained to coach it would be all the same. Coaches in the NBA are over rated and over paid.
>>
>>74962650
>>74962833
really makes me think
>>
File: GodfatherPartII_166Pyxurz.jpg (139KB, 1600x1010px) Image search: [Google]
GodfatherPartII_166Pyxurz.jpg
139KB, 1600x1010px
>>74962458
Literally depends on the situation. Having a good strategy on paper is good and all but it's up to the players to make their own decisions on the field/court/etc
>>
not sure if you are talking about american sports, but in football it has a lot disparity between a bad coach and a good coach.

Dunga was out of qualifying zone with our NT, Tite came in and we are the first team to qualify.

But at the same time a good coach will not do miracle, he has to have a project and everyone has to be in, every player, every board and every staff member, and the fans have to buy in too.
>>
>>74962833
Considering most good coaches get a player's vet minimum shows how valuable they really are.
>>
What if Tyronn Lue is actually a good coach in a 4D chess kind of way? What if he wins a championship without LeBron?
>>
>>74963017
We would have to apologize, to me he just looks like a mid-tier coach
>>
I don't think he's a bad coach, cavs roster just is poorly built. A lot of talented players but they don't really mesh well especially on defense. I don't know what he can really do except manage his players minutes and try to keep them engaged.
>>
>>74962970
a million times this.
the market reveals the value of talent above replacement level.
is anyone more useless than a baseball manager? dressed in his little uniform? what a disgrace.
should eric spoelstra's rings be considered valid?
should tyrone lew's?
>>
>>74963384
Spolestra is a damn good coach. Wtf you smokin
>>
Tyron lue is a terrible coach. Cavs actually have good singular defensive players but their team defense sucks like defending the pick and roll. A lot that has to go on the coach for not preparing them or instilling a defensive mentality and not drawing good sets. Look at the Warriors, for 3 straight years they have been a top 3 defensive team. Before Kerr the Warriors were pretty shitty at defense. Green and Iggy are there only good one on one defenders. I mean curry is mediocre at defense, yet as a team they always remain as the best. All the credit goes to Kerr for managing them this well
>>
>>74963432
jesus i wish i was smoking something
i think he is replacement-level. a great coach would have led the Heat to 4 rings.
he is still very young and i have no doubt he will be a strong coach for a long time.
>>
Raptors before and after dwayne casey.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.