[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I follow soccer championships and stuff? I am 20 and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: pleasekillme.jpg (25KB, 393x352px) Image search: [Google]
pleasekillme.jpg
25KB, 393x352px
How do I follow soccer championships and stuff? I am 20 and I feel like a bitch for not knowing dick about soccer. Is there any site to help me understand it ?
>>
Watch a better sport like baseball or hockey and be white
>>
>>74946409
thanks, but I would rather see a sport that requires finesse and agility than a bunch of retards throwing each other against a glass wall
>>
which championships?

literally just use wikipedia for dates and /r/soccerstreams for streams if you don't have the channels.
>>
>>74946438
I was thinking about some euro championships, because the brazilian ones seem kind of lame.
>>
>>74946403

Unless you are talking about mls there is no championship playoff in euro soccer. You just follow the league and whoever has the most points by the end of the season is declared the winner. you can even google the league table to find out who's ahead.
>>
>>74946464
europa league and champions league i guess
>>
>>74946403
install fotmob on your phone
>>
>>74946403
Come to the US. 99.99% of everyone you meet won't give a shit about soccer and you won't have to bother wasting your time with it just to fit in.
>>
>>74946403
Watch a good sport
>>
>>74946403
watch american football and try not to act Brazilian
>>
>>74946403
Stop calling it soccer like a fucking american. For starters at least
>>
>>74946403
are you joking?

don't you have friends or a family?
>>
>>74946564
>>74946409
>>74946539
PLEASE WATCH OUR SPORT
>>
>>74946530
but then I would have to learn about basketball, baseball, football and stuff. At least in Brazil people only care about one sport: soccer. Every other sport is seen as secondary.
>>
You are from Brazil, ask anyone IRL

Don't you have a dad or brothers?
>>
File: 1490471213266.png (86KB, 702x486px) Image search: [Google]
1490471213266.png
86KB, 702x486px
It's simple. You watch our league.
We have plenty of huezillians.
You'd feel at home.
>>
>>74946464
Just follow the epl for banter and memes, don't even bother with the rest of the leagues
>>
>>74946403
have some self-respect la
>>
>>74946605

Fuck off.
>>
if it makes you feel any better, most of "soccer" fans are clueless and talk out of their asses most often than not. If you just want to fit in, all you need is some general knowledge like formations, positions, crucial points of some world cups and a bit of improvisation.

For example, even on /sp/ there are too many retards who unironically believe Cristiano Ronaldo is or was at some point better than that autistic manlet, Messi. That's because they don't watch him play, they just see his stats and think back of his prime at Manure. As a matter of fact, the more ignorant you are the easier it'll be to fit in
>>
>>74946693
rude
>>
>>74946585
nah most people don't give a fuck about sports at all. as long as you know who tom brady, lebron james and the meme basketball player of the year is you're good
>>
File: 1469746453049.jpg (128KB, 700x458px) Image search: [Google]
1469746453049.jpg
128KB, 700x458px
>>74946403
C'mon, just avoid Globo TV coverage, and you will be ok. And hang out with us at /sp/.
>>
>>74946403
Livesoccertv.com for matches, dates, channels they're played on, and times.

Also, assuming the flag isn't a proxy, I just assume you go outside and ask literally anyone about the game and they'd tell you everything...
>>
>>74946403
>is there a site that can help me?
Google and wikipedia. Google has that day's game and schedule by searching league searching "[league name] table" will give rankings. wiki gives you access to team history and tables
>>
''soccer''
>>
>>>>soccer in 2000000071
>>
>>74946403
>Hue monkey
>doesn't watch football
>"soccer"
Yeah right, I'll bite anyway, maybe there's a fellow burger who wants to get into this and doesn't know how.

>Step 1
Watch your local league, pick a team and follow it autistically.
>Step 2
Watch England's EPL, a gateway league of the worst kind, and the Champions League.
>Step 3
Watch Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A, and Germany's Bundesliga.
>Step 4
Watch the Europa League, France's Ligue 1, and Copa Libertadores.
>Step 5
Watch the leagues of Portugal, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico.

>Bonus Step
Start watching International Football matches (between national teams).

After that, you can start watching whatever other leagues and competitions you get interested in.
>>
>>74946403
watch our goddamn league
>>
>>74946585
Hint: People don't care about it at all here either.
I actually follow sports and most people are casuals that know fuck all about anything other than their teams, sometimes not even that. Just watch Globo Esporte and take part in their casual monday morning banter and you already know enough to fool some people.
>>
>>74947389
>Mexico

At least where I am that's more normie than the anything other than the Premier league and Bundesliga
>>
>>74946403

>Brazilian
>Saying soccer

You're hopeless, lad
>>
>>74946472
I think the Belgian and a couple of Scandinavian leagues now have post-season playoffs to determine the champion
>>
>A Brazilian using the word "soccer"

superlative wew la

Anyway just follow the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A and your local league. Additionally get involved in soccer culture and actually play the sport with friends (inb4).

t. Immigrant from third world African country.
>>
>>74946403
For clubs watch the UEFA Champions League, there you can see by yourself which are the top teams and players. You can watch more closely the teams you are interested in.

For National teams watch the World Cup (2018), the Euros (2020) and the Copa América (2019)

Also, for maximum /comfyness/ follow /copalib/ here on /sp/. You'll see plenty of bunda and retarded memes and you are Braziliam so you'll feel at home.
>>
>>74947389
>International Football matches
Why the fuck would you watch internationals AFTER meme leagues like portugal and mexico?
>>
>>74950175
OP probably asked about club football.
>>
>>74946403
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_in_Brazil
start here
>>
>>74946403
Buy FIFA
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.