[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important are coaches in basketball?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: bradstevens.jpg (26KB, 635x461px) Image search: [Google]
bradstevens.jpg
26KB, 635x461px
How important are coaches in basketball?
>>
>>74920780
tyronn lue has an NBA championship
>>
>>74920780
More important in college basketball
>>
>>74920793

Can't recruit without a coach in college bball and that's 90%of the job
>>
not important at all
>>
File: Brad Stevens.jpg (38KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
Brad Stevens.jpg
38KB, 600x426px
he's a top 5 coach in the nba right now, isn't he?
>>
>>74920789
Lebron is the coach
>>
>>74920823
he's the best coach in the NBA.
>>
>>74920837
feelsgoodman
>>
>>74920837
Will he end Boston's suffering as a sports town?
>>
>>74920780

it depends on the squad

>>74920823

I think so
>>
Spoelstra
Pop
Lebron
Brad
d'Antonio
>>
Is he a jew?
>>
Coaches are important cause they set up the offensive and defensive systems the team uses during the off season. During games they're responsible for lineup changes, in game adjustments like finding a weakness on a pnr switch or hiding your own defensive liability etc
>>
>>74920780
depends on the coach. Stevens is pretty damn great when you consider their star player is a manlet and yet they have the first seed
>>
>>74920780
only in the regular season they matter. coaching matters only if they have talent to back themselves up in the playoffs
>>
>>74920780
Games decided by five points are all coaching. You win by five, that's the coach. You lose by five, that's on the coach too.

Other than that it's more about talent and skill.
>>
>>74920960

he's a hooser
>>
>>74920789

Damn that is a really good point, anon.
>>
>>74920804
plenty of coaches can recruit but can't coach
see: Sean Miller, Calipari, Roy Williams, Bill Self, etc.
>>
Important but having good players and system is far better.

Stevens is able to minmax a bunch of bench players and a manlet to the 1st/2nd seed of the East after being bottom feeders for the past three seasons.

They won't get far in the postseason since their roster is lacking in star power but you have to respect the man for turning the franchise around and not letting them become a dumpster fire like Philly, Jew York or LA.

Danny Ainge should sign him for the next 10 seasons and allow him to become the Popovich/Sloan of the Celtics.
>>
File: Bradley3.webm (3MB, 854x474px) Image search: [Google]
Bradley3.webm
3MB, 854x474px
>>74920780
you tell me
>>
Pop
Carlisle
Spo

Everyone else is garbage
>>
>>74921331
to be pop you need to draft well this year

>>74921236
I am sorry but roy williams and calipari can coach somewhat. their teams routinely go deep in the tournament.
>>
>>74921512
>have the most talented recruits in basketball
>go deep in tournaments against 8 and below seeds
wow what incredible coaching they must have
>>
>>74921236
Roy may have a lot of quirks that are leftovers from Dean Smith, but he's still a good coach. He has 10 more tournament wins than any other blue blood since he started at UNC iirc.

Calipari is also sort of decent. Not amazing, but not terrible.
>>
>>74921529
then if its all about that the how come sean may and bill self routinely lose in the sweet 16.

yes talent is a lot in basketball but coaching matters to go far in tournaments
>>
>>74921529
UNC hasn't had a one-and-done since 2012. They get impressive talent but they rarely get the kinds of recruiting classes that Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas pull in.

Roy does NOT get the most talented recruits in basketball. He's very good at developing players that stick around for 3-4 years. That's why UNC is a good team.
>>
>>74920837
Spoelstra deserve to be coach of the year desu
>>
>>74921406
These are Brad's secret plays. Don't share them.
>>
>>74920780
NBA = players league
college = coaches league
>>
>>74921633
I remember pop even saying that he stole plays from brad stevens when he was still at butler
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.