[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Team Loyalty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 16_DS_Versus_Weekpre1_cards_web.jpg (153KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
16_DS_Versus_Weekpre1_cards_web.jpg
153KB, 636x360px
I've lived in Vegas almost my entire life (born here, went to college elsewhere), and I've been a Cardinals fan my entire life. I even have season tickets.

With the news of the team relocating, should I be switching loyalty? (I know what I'm going to do, I just want to know what /sp/ thinks.)
>>
Roiders gonna suck this year.
>>
I dealt with a similar thing when Rams moved to L.A. but I stuck with the Raiders since I've been a fan since the year they got slapped in the super bowl.
>>
>>74913577
It wouldn't shake my loyalty to have a new team move to my town.
>>
You have a team now in your own city, a team thats coming with far more history and a brighter future than your current favorite team.
>>
>>74913577
Well I'm a Vegas transplant. I love living here, but I sure as hell am not going to become a Raiders fan now.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>74914290
>>74913713
>>74913599
So many beaners itt
>>
>>74913577

You are American. By default you are not a real sports fan. Do what you want, it makes no difference.
>>
>>74914546
*tips fedora*
>>
>>74913577
If you got attached to the Cards I don't think you should change. But if you only supported them because you had to have one team it's fine to follow the Raiders now IMO.
>>
>>74914546
t. Paddy O'Shaughnessy
>>
>>74913577

McDonalds or Burger King, it doesn't really matter what business you're a customer to. I wouldn't give money to a 'franchise' that's so rootless it can just move
>>
>>74915780

Nah, the Cardinals have always been the team I've cared about the most. I've driven/flown down to 'Zona and back from Vegas for every game since I left college in '08, so almost 10 years now, I went to the Super Bowl, I lived through all of the bad years...

It's not like I just passively follow them when someone asks.
>>
>>74913577
If you still feel the love towards the cardinals, no.
If you don't, yes.
If you don't know yet, you can always visit Las Vegas Raiders games.
Supporting your local team should have priority but nobody says something against.
(I don't know whether the Cardinals and Raiders play in different leagues/divisions) If they don't face each other (even if they do), just do both.
You'll eventually end up with one
>>
>>74915865
Yes, it's much better being a fan of a team owned by a Russian with most its fanbase overseas
>>
>should I be switching loyalty
That's what I don't get with teams relocating. They are betting on people in the new city to be fucking casuals and bandwagoners. Or is it just a given that everyone following the sport is one anyway?
>>
>>74915990
>live in big city without NFL teams
>NFL team announces move to your location, with new stadium and everything.
I can see why people would do this.

Also you have to keep in mind that, if you were to measure the NFL's quality compared to/with soccer leagues, it'd be like the top 8 clubs of the Prem, Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 were being financially pushed and decorated with stars (Most of them are already, at least in the prem).

And keep in mind how many bandwagoners Barca, Man City, Halal Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, PSG etc. have
>>
>>74915990
It's the same in most countries with relegation anyway. If you supported a first division team your whole life that was from a different city because yours only had a team in the second division, but that team gets promoted to the first division, which one do you support? Literally happened to me
>>
>>74914546
Pretty much
>>
>>74916297
>It's the same in most countries with relegation anyway
Maybe if you're a filthy casual
>>
>americans have teams that change their home city
>americans change their sports loyalties on a whim
>american "sports"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.