[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Mou so irrelevant in this decade? Is it impossibru to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: mourinho.jpg (69KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
mourinho.jpg
69KB, 898x701px
Why is Mou so irrelevant in this decade? Is it impossibru to win big when everyone has studied your football style for years?
>>
>>74817983
*has been studying
>>
>whole gimmick revolves around muh persecuted underdog complex
>managing Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United
>>
>>74818012
This.
>>
His tactics became outdated.
>>
le park the bus man
>>
>>74817983
Same reason Rafa struggled post 2010.

The game evolved and he got left behind
>>
>>74817983
>>74818090
Didn't Mourinho win titles with Real Madrid and Chelsea?
>>
File: The Spent One4.jpg (153KB, 574x650px) Image search: [Google]
The Spent One4.jpg
153KB, 574x650px
>>74817983
Doesn't vary his tactics enough. Doesn't innovate.
>>
>>74818157
He won 1 title with each in incredibly weak seasons, then totally imploded
>>
You can't keep doing the same thing for a decade and not get figured out
>>
>implying he's not the title favorite for next season
>>
>>74818212
Mou is the ultimate pragmatic manager so yeah, he does vary his tactics a lot.
>>
people itt are retarded he's not like lvg pep or wenger where they have 1 philosophy that they stick to it for every game. he actually changes shit up based on who the opponent is. after chelsea won the league in 14/15 carragher did a great analysis on mourinho's tactics and how he changes them from game to game. the fact that he's not winning as much as he did in the 2000s means nothing even fergie had droughts in his 25 year career at united. lets also not forget that the premier league is much more competitive now then it was 5 or 10 years ago
>>
Messi killed him, he had to run to EPL, then got exposed
>>
>>74818222
>incredibly weak seasons
youre joking about Real right
they won on GD with 101 pts iirc, bfoke the record for most goals scored
>>
>>74818610
>he actually changes shit up based on who the opponent is
>"should I play with 5 or 10 in the back today?"
>>
>>74818754
confirmed for only watching mou teams in big matches

there's a reason why man united fans like him so much they are now playing a much more attractive style than they did under lvg or moyes .
be honest do you really think united fans would put up with him if he really played with 10 defenders behind the ball?
>>
>>74818938
>there's a reason why man united fans like him so much they are now playing a much more attractive style than they did under lvg or moyes
Can confirm. I also like that he changes it in big matches. This is something that Alex Ferguson used to do (think counter-attacking against Arsenal in 2009 and and defending deep against Real Madrid in 2013 because they were the 'best counter-attacking side in Europe) whereas Van Gaal, for example, used to always try to keep possession.
>>
>>74817983
hes been more relevant this decade then ever idk what you on brah

>>74818012
Real were def underdogs to barca at least. chelsea won one league title since he left them and united were/are shit. just because you have money doesnt mean you cant be an underdog, just look at prem teams in europe.
>>
He plays such a boring 4-2-3-1, and whenever theres an exceptionally good play his answer is just to kick them. I like Conte for actually introducing a new system to England
>>
>>74822061
>I like Conte for actually introducing a new system to England

funny because mourinho did exactly this 10 years ago
>>
I stopped supporting United when they got him in. I've watched maybe just 8 United games this season and have been more bored to death than any recent season.

When I criticise his shitty, boring tactics, I just get "3 points are all that matter". They've been 6th all ducking season Christ. "But he won a cup." Like I give a duck. If it isn't the Champions league I have no idea who the previous winners were because who gives a fuck?
>>
>>74822125
And that was 10 years ago. What has he done now?
>>
>>74819080
Customers like him because he brings an image of success

That's all they care about
>>
>>74817983
>so irrelevant in this decade
2010: Won the CL, Serie A and Coppa Italia
2011: Won Copa del Rey
2012: Won La Liga
2013: -
2014: Won Premier League and League Cup
2015: -
2016: -
2017: Won League Cup and very likely to win Europa League
>>
>>74822911
>2010
That season started in 2009
Cross it off the list
And cross League Cup off because nobody cares
And cross your forecasts off because /sp/ is always wrong
>>
ONE TITLE IN HIS PAST 5 SEASONS

he's finished, on his way to Wenger tier with 10x the spending
>>
>>74823582
He's not finished. He's going to go to Leipzig in 2018.
>>
>>74823582
well, he moved to england so he reduced his chance in europe although that he is now in Utd he should have more chances than any other english team. If he moves to a bigger team like real madrid again he will have even more chances.
>>
>>74822283
>duck
>>
>>74824225
>duck
>>
>>74824242
>goose
>>
>>74818090
Benitez didn't exactly set the world on fire in Liverpool either and Hyypiä talked just the other day how the players hated him.
>>
>>74824371
>Hyypiä talked just the other day how the players hated him.
Benitez will win titles wherever he goes (as he has proved except for Halal), the thing is, it's his way or no way. That's why it didn't work at Halal, as a manager there you have to do what uncle Florentino tells you to do, plus he had some attention whores like Cristiano that wouldn't do what he said because >le best player evah

Players hate him at Liverpool, Chelsea, Napoli and probably Newcastle, but he won important titles for them (and will get Newcastle back to the PL and probably into EL spots next season)
>>
>>74824481
He won literally two cups that mean anything during six years in Liverpool and hasn't won league with any of Liverpool, Chelsea or Napoli.
>>
>>74824529
So? Mouyes won 3 relevant titles in his first stint in Russian Money FC
>>
>>74824529
>>74824754
And didn't even reach the CL final
>>
>>74824754
I counted FA Cup as relevant which means that Mourinho won twice as much as Rafa in half the time. Really makes you think.
>>
>>74824823
>first stint
>russian money
>>
>>74818222
>He won 1 title with each in incredibly weak seasons

Mourinho's Real Madrid team broke so many Spanish league records that the Spanish media started calling it "la liga de los records":

>Most points
>most wins
>most goals scored
>highest goal difference

It was a ridiculously good team.
>>
>>74825349
always annowed me hearing someone write him off as some super-defensive coach. his bus-parking shenanigans only came in during the 2nd half of the 14/15 season. he had been breaking goal-scoring and point records even before his time at madrid
>>
>>74822911
>League cup
>Europa league
>Relevant to a club like Manchester United
>>
>>74824225
>>74824242
>>74824261

>amerishart "banter"
>>
>>74826260
Obviously not but it's not his fault that Manure isn't in CL, so he only blew the league and got refballed out of FA cup. Winning two trophies during a first season that is mainly for reorganizing isn't too bad, it only looks bad compared to the rest of his career.
>>
It's less him and more that the EPL is the most unforgiving league in soccer, due to how physically demanding it is

Very, very few managers have had consistent success in this league in recent years desu, not just him
>>
>>74818610
Guardiola changes his tactics constantly
>>
>>74826735
>refballed out of the FA Cup
Parking the bus and still conceeding as well as attacking one particular player is not refball
>>
>>74830530
Getting a card for standing around while the opposition players doesn't get shit for dragging a player down during a counter attack is pretty ref-ball-y.

Either way, it's 2 out of 4 trophies for Mouyes which is still pretty decent. Only Conte has the chance to match that this season.
>>
>>74826735
He only beat Southampton because they got refballed.
>>
>>74830612
Only United players were bringing others down, and the EPL Cup and Europa League are hardly on par with the FA Cup and Premier League
>>
>>74830614
If you mean the first goal, that was more of a tricky decision going wrong. Offside calls can be pretty hard to tell without technology.

Besides, it'd be a draw and extra time at worst, and let's be real here, unless Manure had a extra shitty day, there was no way they would lose.

>>74830633
>Only United players were bringing others down
Right, Cahill just hugged Rashford.

>EPL cup - FA cup
The only difference is prestige. Though sure, EPLel is harder than EL, specially this year. Either way, Mouyes would be the second most successful manager this season which is only bad when you compare him to his previous self. Two trophies is about as many Wegner wins in 10 years.
>>
File: Mourinho.jpg (160KB, 1841x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Mourinho.jpg
160KB, 1841x1227px
>tfw someone tells you, you're irrelevant

seriously manure will finish top 4
>>
>>74830656
You're also assuming that he'll win the EL. Considering some of the horrible finishing and poor draws they've had I would bet on Lyon or Celta first
>>
>>74830697
Considering they lost one game since October, it surely balances out the shitty finishing. If anything, Manure is at least hard to beat and it'd be pretty silly not to see them as the favorites.

Besides, even if he chokes somehow, unless someone else but Chelsea wins FA cup (unlikely), he still stays second most successful manager based on trophies won.
>>
>>74830737
I see Tottenham beating them. They were thoroughly outplayed in the 2-0 defeat
>>
Is there a club as detestable as united?
As a whole the club are bastards, they leech of city after having their own stadium destroyed, and then have the gall to ignore this in their history. They threw the widows and families of the team involved in the Munich disaster out of their houses.
Their owners are Jews, their board members are cunts, their executives all have faces you want to punch. Their manager oozes sleaze and is a grade-A bellend.
Their players are all extremely easy to hate (apart from mata) they cheat and whinge and act like stroppy children with negative tactics.
Their fans are all Fucking losers who cling to the 'relevancy' of united in the vain hope that somehow being slightly associated with the club by mention only the success will rub onto them and give them meaning.
The English football media and their constant rimming of united makes everything worse.

Utter bunch of cunts the lot of them.
>>
>>74830737
Was Pellegrini at Manchester City a success or failure?
>>
>>74830761
It's possible and Spurs actually winning something would be as nice as it'd be shocking.

>>74830768
>Their players are all extremely easy to hate
>hating on Zlatan
>hating on Valencia
>hating on Rashford
Come on.

>>74830771
First season was pretty good, afterwards they started to get worse and worse with lucking their way to CL semis making it look slightly better, though I doubt Pelligrini is at fault for all the shit players the bought. Announcing the whole Pep shit midseason didn't help him either.
>>
>>74830781
How can you not hate Zlatan? He's good but his character is utterly detestable, it's not funny, it's ladbible teir Retweet bait.
I forgot rashford even existed, has he not been sold to Sunderland yet? it's the 'united way' after all
I'll give you Valencia, can't remember much about him.
>>
I genuinely think that Real broke him. He used to be funny, smug, and so on, now he's just a step better than going around with a tinfoil hat screaming about people who hate him.
>>
>>74817983
What exactly is his football style?
>>
>invent the phrase "park the pus"
>become the ultimate bus parker
Poetry
>>
File: ABUs.gif (3MB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
ABUs.gif
3MB, 288x162px
>>74830768
>>
>>74830781
>some albanian criminal gypsy and two niggers
>not easy to hate

lmao
>>
File: That Moment.jpg (177KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
That Moment.jpg
177KB, 750x574px
>>74830680
Have you seen their remaining fixtures? 6th at best. Bet on it.
>>
File: Behead1.jpg (86KB, 474x641px) Image search: [Google]
Behead1.jpg
86KB, 474x641px
>>74830768
>Is there a club as detestable as united?
Frankly, no.
>>
>>74817983
he won the league by 10 points like 18 months ago you plonker
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.