[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Basketball is the greatest team sport there is. Do you agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 21

>Basketball is the greatest team sport there is.

Do you agree with him, /sp/?
>>
>>74798197
if by "agree" you mean "think exactly the opposite" then yes.
>>
no

it's by far the worst team sport of the big four, and big five if you include soccer.
>>
Both versions of football would be correct answers
>>
>>74798273
>>74798258

Elaborate
>>
File: 33.webm (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
33.webm
1MB, 480x480px
yes because it's simple and you can play with different numbers of people and you can play indoors or outdoors, at the park or in your driveway, you can play with a group of friends and beat people better than you if you play as a team. If you didn't hoop in gym class I don't know what kind of shit school you went to.

also soccer is gay
>>
>>74798318
one player can have more of an impact than any other sport, by far. lebron has been in the finals for how many years in a row now?
>>
>>74798318
Angels have the best player in baseball and were one of the worst teams last season.

Starting Pitchers can carry a game but only play a 5th of the season.

Football is the ultimate team sport, sure the quarterback is the most important position but it's a 53 man roster and no other sport is coaching such a huge factor.

NBA you have a superstar and you're a playoff team.

you have 2-3 super stars and you're a title contender.

only 5 starters per team so each one has way more impact
>>
>>74798404
lebrons been hopping from superteam to superteam
>>
>tom brady is finished

this fucking retard before Brady won 2 more superbowls
>>
>>74798442
is that why he dragged that garbage cavs team to the finals against the spurs in 2007? literally could not happen in any other sport
>>
>>74798461

But LeBron-Sama's style of play incorporates all of his teammates. He loves to pass and share the ball, he makes everyone around him better.

A better example would be Kobe Bryant. Kobe is a franchise player and a 1 man wrecking crew but back when he was the only star on the team his team had shit records and would get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs every year. This is because Kobe was the anti-LeBron he played extremely selfish and never passed the ball and his team suffered for it, because at the end of the day basketball is a TEAM game.
>>
>>74798590
Kobe was very overrated

I honesty dont think he was ever the best player in the league.
>>
Handegg is the make or break team sport.

Make a mistake on the field & it's your brother's ass out there.
>>
File: jlaw ok.gif (919KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
jlaw ok.gif
919KB, 245x285px
>>74798197
>>
I might be a bit bias as I am a 5'9 manlet, but how can a sport where 4/5 positions require you to be in the top 0.05% of height to play properly at all be an accepted sport?
>>
>>74798461
Wales reached the Euro semifinals thanks to Bayol tho
>>
>>74798197

No cause it is not really a "team" sport or a great sport.

It is a sport about having that 1 great player and 1-2 more really good ones. The team as a whole doesn't matter much.

Also the sport kind of sucks honestly. The Ending which should be the highlight is often painful to watch.
>>
>>74798737
i don't know much about the euros, but was that single elimination after the group play? cuz that would be different
>>
File: sopranos_laugh.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sopranos_laugh.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>Basketball circa 2017
>((((((team))))))) sport
>>
File: isaiah-thomas-celtics.jpg (74KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
isaiah-thomas-celtics.jpg
74KB, 1200x675px
>>74798733

Let me introduce you to Isaiah Thomas, anon.

Now go be great.
>>
>>74798404

LeBron is possibly the greatest players to ever live. He's a bad example. There's a lot of great talents in the NBA that never even make it to the finals for example Demarcus Cousins is the best center in the league and top 10 player and he's never even made the playoffs once in his career.
>>
>>74799015
mike trout is a similar example to young lebron in terms of talent. has he ever done anything like lebron did in 2007 with the anglels? did peyton manning do anything with the shitty colts his first years there? is connor mcdavid doing anything with the oilels (serious question, i don't know)?

the impact a truly great player can have on a team is so much greater in basketball than any other sport.
>>
OFFICIAL NA team sport tier listing

1) Golf

10) Hockey
11) Curling
12) Soccer
13) Basketball
14) Baseball
15) League of Legends
16) Dodgeball

420) Canadian Football
9000) Chess
9001) American "Football"
>>
>no parity
>boring as shit to watch
>nig culture

Yeah, it's great.
>>
File: 1473341785212.png (202KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
1473341785212.png
202KB, 585x560px
>>74799056
>>
if you mean interaction of teammates as part of a winning strategy, then sports like basketball, soccer and hockey are clearly ahead of others. Teammates interact constantly with every possession on offense and defense.

If you mean impact of all players as part of winning with no single player dominating, then football and then baseball are ahead.

that is the nature of those sports.
>>
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no. Basketball has inconsistent and stupid rules, even more than football.
>>
>>74798384
>soccer is gay
>tree hockey isn't
>>
>>74798733
>>74798973

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZMc4OD-Er0
>>
File: 1361732982725.gif (3MB, 403x227px) Image search: [Google]
1361732982725.gif
3MB, 403x227px
>>74798590
>>74798617
>>
>>74799236

What rules are you talking about?
>>
>>74799436
Not him, I'll admit this rule was never very impactful and is even less-so with how the game is today, but defensive 3 in the key is one of the stupidest rules in all of professional sports.

And I'm not even joking: has it become legal to set moving screens in the past 3 years and I just never heard about? The shit gets more and more egregious by the month.
>>
For those of you guys who are saying all it takes is 1 player or 2 great players to win it all in basketball you guys are literally only thinking about the offensive end of the game.

Please tell me how 1 player is going to guard 5 people on the defensive end. Every championship team had great TEAM DEFENSE. Your offense can always go cold and during that time you have to be able to play great defense.

Perfect example Steve Nash and his Phoenix Suns. One of the greatest offensive teams of all time yet they never made it to the finals once because they weren't good at team defense.
>>
>>74799508

The NBA wanted a faster paced game so they did shit like that and getting rid of hand checking so the games would end with higher points. People like dunks.
>>
Yes. Only sport that requires you to play both offense and defense as a team fully both ways.

There are offensive and defensive NFL players who will be on the same team for years and never say a word to each other.
>>
>>74798197
Rowing is the ultimate team sport. 8 fools 6'5"+ completely synced up at a total sprint for 5 1/2 minutes, and sometimes more.
>>
That would be rugby
>>
>>74799822

What the fuck is Rugby?
>>
it's hardly a team sport at all

one player can carry a team and be literally the entire offense

that said, it's much more of a team sport than baseball.. which is arguably not even a sport. so at least it has that going for it.
>>
absolutely not

>>74801718
you probably don't even know the rules of baseball if you think this
>>
>>74801737
baseball is a scripted series of 1v1 encounters

there's no flow to the game or improvisation needed. team chemistry, cohesiveness and individual creativity aren't required

it's the grand ol game but it's not a dynamic team sport in the modern sense...

>you probably don't even know the rules of baseball if you think this

quite the contrary, ive been a baseball fan my whole life but i'm also honest
>>
>>74801755
>there's no flow to the game or improvisation needed. team chemistry, cohesiveness and individual creativity aren't required
completely false, every inning changes as you're in a different area of the order, especially as you get into the bullpen. Just because you aren't memorizing specific plays like in football doesn't mean there isn't tons of teamwork, every player has something to do in every situation.
>>
>>74798197
In terms of requiring teamwork? No. In terms of the elegance of the rules? No. In terms of entertainment? No.

>>74799044
>is connor mcdavid doing anything with the oilels (serious question, i don't know)?

Yes but only because the rest of the team has been substantially improved. The GM has added an elite goalie for practically nothing, completely overhauled the defence (only 1 player left from the pre-mcdavid days and he was 21 at the time) and flushed the deadwood from the forward corps
>>
>>74799044
>the impact a truly great player can have on a team is so much greater in basketball than any other sport.
pretty much this. 1 star player is basically 20% of your team in basketball, and its possible for him to play the entire game.
>>
File: ku-xlarge.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>74801755

It's indeed more of an individual sport than basketball, but it has its moments of improvisation (technically, every defensive play is an "improvisation" because you don't know when, where, or how hard the ball is going to be hit to you).

And it's every bit of a sport as basketball. Your average outfielders to infielders aside from the catcher and 1st baseman can all gear up on the basepads to over 20mph on average, with the fastest players peaking at over 23 mph (fastest player in soccer peaks at about 22mph), have the arm strength to throw at velocities from 90-105 mph, and the core strength to hit a ball over 400 feet.

If you're not a great athlete, you have little chance in the sport, unless you're a superhumanly skilled pitcher like Bartolo (who is a great athlete underneath the fat. Guy was stacked when he was with the Indians).
>>
I can't bring myself to care about sports where scoring once barely matters at all. And basketball gets so fucking stretched in the last quarter it's ridiculous
>>
Nah, it's Rugby Union. Anyone who disagrees with me is gay and a fag and has a tiny penis
>>
America is dead/

4chan is legit China.

You fuckers can find be clinging to my Handegg bone. I will kill you.
>>
>>74801827
You can find your mum clinging to my love bone.
>>
>>74801838
You mum has aids. No part.
>>
>>74801816
>I can't bring myself to care about sports where scoring once barely matters at all

This is such a retarded meme argument. Basketball is a game of attrition. A lull in your offense can trigger a run by the opposing team and suddenly you're down 16 points. This can lead to complacency/false comfort by the team in the lead and cause a run by the losing side... this back and forth exchange of runs is what basketball is all about.

Boxing is similar in that each punch thrown/landed is scored and yet what really matters is who begins to tire and lose concentration/discipline. Once that happens, the KO happens (the 20-2 run).. That's kinda how basketball works.
>>
>>74801845
I understand the ins and outs of it but it's not attractive to me. The season is also absurdly long. And there's almost a soccer level of fixedness
>>
>>74801845

Indeed. You almost have to watch basketball with the mindset that 10 points kind of equates a single score. Anything below is essentially a defacto tie game until the last 2 or so minutes.
>>
>>74798197
>Kellerman says something wrong and dumb

it must be a day that ends in y
>>
>>74801861
but thats what can be so irritating about basketball

the scoring has little drama to it since it's so constant.

A baseball game can end 2-1 or it can end 10-7 so any run could be the game winner.
>>
>>74801804

Please tell me how one(1) player is going to guard five (5) people by himself on defense?
>>
Trump is cool!

The poor are marched into FEMA camps.

???????????

Profit,
>>
>>74801912

I understand that point, as well.

And I do think baseball has the best scoring design out of all the sports.
>>
>>74801943
in a big country, things stay with you.

Are you ready to do some Mao shit? Do you hate your fellow American that much.

This being detrimental/
>>
>>74798197
This guy looks like a cuckimus maximus
>>
China is a vast wake of inhumanity & Europe is Sharia Law.

Kill America.

Kill us over & over again.
>>
>>74801816

If that's the case you should watch defensive teams like the Utah Jazz. They hardly score but neither does thier opponent.
>>
>>74801845

This is beautifully stated, anon.

I'm saving this post for future reference. Bravo.
>>
No, it's gotta be something like NFL or Soccer/Football or Baseball.

NBA teams can be absolutely carried by monsters on the court, the other few have an easier time but not to the same extent.

You can have like 60% of a basketball roster being bums and win. Not the case on an NFL team.
>>
>>74798197
for americans it is yes

but for the rest of the world it's football
>>
It's comfortably the worst
>>
>>74802094

>NBA teams can be absolutely carried by monsters on the court

Man, this is very rare even in the nba. There's currently maybe, MAYBE, three players that can do this right now:

>LeBron James (possibly the GOAT)
>Russell Westbrook (He'll be out in the first round of playoffs)
>James Harden (He'll be out in the second round)

And of those three only one has done it consistently throughout his career.
>>
>>74802171

Yeah see I disagree cause there are more.

Kyle Lowry is the difference on his team between them being trash pretenders and them being fringe contendors.

It4 has made the celtics relevant again and don't even pretend he hasn't

Steph curries mere presence on a basketball court makes people defend him when he crosses half court.

The reason you don't think of any of those players is because they don't do it to the extent that the ones you mentioned do it, but there are many players who turn their team into contenders just by existing on an otherwise pretty barren roster.

You even gave an example.

Take russel westbrook off the thunder and they're maybe nearly a 20 win team? One player. A single player on an NBA roster.

I would say the celtics and the raptors are in the same boat, because Derozan is a fraud and Lowry owns that team.
>>
The best part about basketball is that it's truly a team sport. With a lot of other sports the team gets broken down into smaller groups that might not interact with each other that much and you end up with something that's more like an organization than a team. With basketball there's so much more interaction between each individual. Volleyball is probably the only sport that rivals it in that aspect.

>>74802094

Tom Brady doesn't give a shit who his defensive end is. You could substitute the entire Patriots defense with the Broncos defense and they'd become better without ever practicing with each other. When you add a good player to a good basketball team, the team usually gets worse for a while until they learn how to play with each other.
>>
>>74802194

Yeah but the broncos offense is garbage and they got booty blasted this year.

The patriots offense is good and tom brady at the helm, the defense is good too.

The whole team usually has to be pretty good to win anything.
>>
File: lapresador.jpg (202KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
lapresador.jpg
202KB, 2048x1536px
>basketbore
>team sport
>>
>>74802190

Lowry has one of the best SGs in the league on his team and the Warriors are stacked as fuck, also Curry is literally just there for his shooting. Curry is a total liability on defense and the only reason he gets to stay on the court is because he's been surrounded by great defenders to mask his shitty D.

Westbrook is literally having a once in a generation season and even with that he won't make it passed the first round because his TEAM isn't good enough and he isn't LeBron.
>>
>>74802300

Nah fuck off.

Derozan is a fraud. His numbers are the definition of empty numbers. He is literally Kevin Love, which isn't a bad thing to be, but he's not one of the best SG's in the league. I wouldn't even say he's top 5.
>>
>>74802231

A fucking leaf
>>
>>74802197

It's not really a team though. It's three separate teams that are each made up of even smaller groups, and those smaller groups are the ones that actually function as a team.
>>
>>74802307

Name 5 sgs better than Derozan.

I'll give you Harden obviously.
>>
>>74802309
flags were a mistake
>>
>>74802317

Harden
Klay
Butler
Beal
Mc'Collum
>>
>>74802325
mc'collum is iffy but overall this is correct
>>
obviously hockey, but you all are probably too poor to know that.
>>
>>74802325
good list, but really butler should be playing SF, not SG.
>>
>>74802325

Pretty sure butler plays the 3 and Wade plays the 2.
>>
>>74802346

Butler played the 2 every season except this season where Chicago went out and acquired the worst backcourt in the NBA to move their best player out of his natural position.

I don't buy that Butler is a 3 anymore than I buy harden is a 1.
>>
>>74802351

He's a 3.

Nice try though.
>>
>>74802385

He's a swingman and he's spent nearly all of his career at the 2.

Just concede that you're wrong about DeFrozan and it'll all be okay dude, you can go back to anonymously being wrong on the internet.
>>
>>74802393

How many rings did Larry Bird win?
>>
>>74802393

You're both wrong for trying to categorize basketball players as some imaginary number.
>>
>>74802405

????????????????????????????????????????????

*teleports behind you, unzips katana*

Heh, nothing personal kid.
>>
Kin Jong Kool, here.

Let it hang loose.

Threats only work when they have options.
>>
Soccer and basketball are by the greatest sports to play and watch. They're just natural
>>
File: Slavada.jpg (582KB, 1215x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Slavada.jpg
582KB, 1215x1950px
>>74798414
>he forgets hokkii
>>
>>74801794
>>74799044
Now granted McDavid is absolutely a generational talent and is likely to win MVP this year
>>
File: unnamed.png (54KB, 432x340px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
54KB, 432x340px
AFL is the greatest team sport.

It's 18v18 and if you don't have good chemistry then your entire structure breaks down. The best players are rarely premiership winners.

This sport even coined the phrase "A champion team will always beat a team of champions".

(please watch our sport, it starts this week)
>>
>>74798197
>Max Kellerman says something so clearly based in white guilt that you wonder how a person could be so un self aware.

In terms of the team aspect.

1. Football
2. Hockey
3. Basketball
4. Baseball

Idk anything about non American sports
>>
Completely disagree. 1 guy can carry a team in memehoop. Here's a list of teams that are more team based.

1. Rugby (both League and Union
2. AFL
3. Hockey
4. Soccer

Far out I could argue NETBALL being more team based.
>>
>>74802976
>list of teams that are more team based.

List of sports that are*
>>
>>74798197
I agree with him, he's right on the money with that statement.
>>
>>74802976
>NETBALL being more team based.

I'm a basketball fan and think Netball is a silly ass perversion of it, but you're right.

Watching Netball, I see they have to work as a complete unit in order to generate a shot for their designated goal shooter. There's no such thing as a "Lebron" on a Netball team. A player who can break down the defense off the dribble himself and score.

Anyhow, team sport=/=good sport. I think Netball is terrible, but your point is correct.
>>
>>74798617
Delet this then kys
>>
File: 1489936516464.jpg (115KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1489936516464.jpg
115KB, 392x495px
>>74798197
>Heroball: the game
>team sport
>>
>>74799432
Most valuable player award goes to the best player in the league for that year. Kobe won that award one time in his entire career. Steve Nash has more MVP's. Kobe was a meme his entire life
>>
>>74801755
You've never played baseball my man
>>
Baseball is simultaneously a better teams port and a better individual sport than basketball.
>>
ESPN needs to get the NBA's nuts outta their mouth.
>>
chucking and chimping is not a sport
>>
>>74802325
Harden is essentially a point guard, Butler has been a 3 all season, and I wouldn't say McCollum is better than derozen
>>
>>74801755
>scripted series of 1v1 encounters
what does that even mean? sounds more like you're describing boxing. an individual player in baseball is literally worthless if there's no one there to catch his throw.
>>
>>74798197
That isn't Baseball.
>>
>>74803241

Aw, come on anon. Everyone agrees Nash didn't deserve either of his MVPs.

He stole one from kobe and then another from Shaq.
>>
>>74798197
Considering 1 player can single-handedly carry a team to the championship, no. This faggot is objectively wrong.

Basketball is the sport most influenced by individual players.
>>
The answer is rugby
>>
>>74803682
They overpaid for the national TV rights to it and they're begging people to watch it. They are bleeding money because of this horrible deal. Very sad for them.
>>
>>74799015
Put Messi on Sunderland, make no other changes. Sunderland does not even come close to winning the league.

Put LeBron on an absolutely garbage Cavs team. LeBron drags that team kicking and screaming to the finals.
>>
>>74805366

That Cavs team isn't that bad though.

He has two other all Stars on it and he had Jr smith and dely who ended up being a badass defender.

If anything LeBron is an example of why 1 guy can't do it all - that is literally why he left to Miami so he could play with a better team. It's why Kevin Durant did the same thing recently as well.
>>
>>74799800
Rowing is not a sport.

Football and soccer is the answer.
>>
>>74805354

Please tell me how one player will guard 5 people on defense?
>>
>>74805401
I'm talking about the 07 Cavs team.
>>
>>74805427
He doesn't. There is obviously teamwork in basketball. Nobody is disputing that. This is not an argument.

Defense existing in basketball doesn't mean that it's the greatest team sport there is. It's not one or the other.
>>
File: isitasport.jpg (66KB, 500x904px) Image search: [Google]
isitasport.jpg
66KB, 500x904px
>>74805403
>>
>>74805431

The one that got SWEPT in the finals by a way better TEAM?

Lol. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>74805435

So you're saying only offense counts in basketball? Kek.

Ya look how great that worked out for Steve Nash.
>>
>>74805449
A sport where a single player can drag a shit team to the finals is not the greatest team sport. You are correct that there is teamwork in basketball, but it clearly is not the greatest team sport.
>>
>>74798197
Yes. And handball along the same level. People who played at a resonable level understand.
>>
Football (sawker) is the BLACKED.COM of sports. A meme.
>>
Basketball requires no intelligence and that is proven by the fact that you can be successful with a team entirely composed of niggers
>>
>>74805465
Good job completely ignoring the point. Stop being a basketball fanboy for a second and think about it objectively. How is a sport where 1 or 2 star players can join an awful team and instantly become a title contender the greatest team sport? Nowhere did I say only offense counts. Teamwork is important in basketball, but teamwork is way more important in football, soccer, and hockey. The GOAT QB would not win the AFC championship game with the Browns. The GOAT soccer player would not be able to drag Sunderland to a top 4 finish.
>>
>>74805470

You want to know why that team made it that far?

Because they had amazing TEAM defense. They definitely didn't get thier because of thier offense.
>>
>>74805517
Ingram and Russell joined the lakers and they're still trash.
>>
>>74805531
And if LeBron is replaced by an average player how far does that team get? Truly this proves that basketball is the greatest team sport there is. Let's just ignore every example of other sports requiring more teamwork.

>>74805544
>Ingram and Russell
>Comparable to stars like LeBron, Jordan, Kobe, 01 Allen Iverson, etc
kek
>>
>>74798404
>one player can have more of an impact
>mentions Lebron
>ignores that Lebron is basically a god and one of the few superstars to carry his team

meanwhile

>Carmelo is a fucking blackhole
>Durant had to go to the 2nd best team in the NBA to even compete with Lebron
>Curry has been carried by the system and his team since the inception of GSW
>Rose is literally dead and achieved nothing
>Kobe needed Shaq/Pau to help him achieve rings
>Paul George is basically dead
>Kevin Love did nothing with the Twolves
>Garnett needed Allen,Pierce and Rondo to even achieve nba final contender status (as well as Allen/Pierce)
>Deron Williams faded into nothingness
>Kyrie achieved nothing without Lebron
>the entire Spurs team is puppetered by Pop, Duncan needed a good team/great coach
>Dirk won by sheer luck and coincidences
>Harden can barely keep his team on the playoffs
>Westgod can't carry his team

the only player to have that big of an impact are atheles like MJ, Lebron, Wilt, etc...
>>
>>74805544

Motherfucker take that back
>>
>>74805364
Many such cases!
>>
>>74805569

>removing lebron
>removing possibly the greatest player of all time isn't going to some how negatively effect his team

Fuck, you're an idiot.
>>
File: 1484163602089.jpg (33KB, 710x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484163602089.jpg
33KB, 710x540px
>>74805470
you are still talking like that is a normal ocurrence

is not, Lebron carried his fucking team because he was a fucking beast, he had godly athleticism, he is a player that prefers passing to scoring, which means he can basically play every position in the court, combine that with his fucking leadership, and you have almost the perfect player

not to mention that the East was trash, and Lebron had to play 120% to even reach the finals, in which he got fucking sweep

lets also ignore when Lebron got fucked by Pops and the Mavs
>>
>>74805653

I don't think all these filthy casuals realize just how good LeBron is. They think he's just some regular All-Star like DeMar DeRozan, lol.
>>
>>74805690
YEAH BUT HE'S NO JORDAN
>>
>>74805531
They got to the finals because Lebron dragged them there. They would have gotten killed by the Pistons had Lebron not went ballistic in Game 5, offensively and defensively.
There are 10 players on the court, with 5 on each team. No matter the amount of teamwork, a star is always going to dominate and influence the game

>>74805581
Did you forget that most of the players you mentioned have had deep playoff runs and/or rings by carrying teams?

>Melo
Made ECF
>Durant
Made Finals
>Rose
Made ECF
>Kobe
2 rings w/o a superstar
>PG
ECF
>Dirk
Killed a superteam in Miami with an old ass Jason Kidd
>Harden
WCF even with the shittiest defense of all time
>Westbrook
Made finals

Don't forget Iverson, who dragged a team to the finals. These players make such a huge impact on the game despite having little to no help or crap teammates.
>>
>>74805641
>>74805653
That's exactly what I'm saying. Without LeBron that team is garbage. With LeBron they get to the finals. It does not matter that he's the GOAT. Put 2011 Messi on a bottom feeder team and they'll rise to a mid-table team, definitely won't make top 4.

Put the GOAT of football on this year's Brown's team and the Brown's still won't do shit.

Mike Trout is the best player in baseball and he can't stop the Angels from being shit.

The best forwards in hockey can still only play for roughly 1/3rd of the game, star basketball players can play all 48 minutes and completely control the entire offensive half of the game.

Teamwork is important in basketball, I've said this multiple times now. Neither of you have tried to argue that teamwork is more important in basketball than it is in football, soccer, hockey, rugby, or baseball. You keep talking about basketball exclusively while ignoring every other sport. Compare them, prove that basketball is the greatest team sport.
>>
>>74798197
Nah. Hockey is. It's so reliant on being a complete and holistic experience that if anyone on any line fucks up, you'll probably lose. While there are playmakers, all of the tool guys are just as important, making it a total team effort.

Close second is divegrass.
>>
>>74805724

The only thing in baseball that invloves teamwork is defense. After that it's whoever has the most juiced up batter.

Basketball involves interactions and teamwork on both offense and defense.
>>
>>74805869
Yeah Baseball is the easiest one to make an argument against due to it's 1v1 pitcher vs batter style.

4 more sports to go bud.
>>
>>74805886
>Soccer
>usually teamwork involved between the defenders, the forwards/midfielders, but never as a whole
>lol, I passed you and defense fucked up, now it's a goal
>lol, a corner
>ah, you lightly touched me and I have fallen inside the area, thanks for the PENAL

>Rugby
>break formation and everyone rams each other
>defense : try to ram the guy with the ball
>offense : let the guy with the ball run
>watch ads for 95% of the game

hockey is the only one that involves real teamwork
>>
>>74805886

Soccer and basketball are both equal on offense I feel. One or two players can score on the defense. I've seen Messi score on the defense by himself plenty of times.

The difference comes on defense. Playing defense in soccer is so much easier than in basketball and that's why you see the low scores. In soccer 1 guy can put enough pressure on an offensive player get him to pass the ball, also soccer has a goalie who's literally just there to block shots and he gets to use his hands when no one else can, imagine if basketball had a guy who could just stay back on D and he was allowed to tackle players trying to score?

In basketball it literally takes the entire team effort to stop the offense, they don't get bailed out by a goalie for playing lazy d. Also the defensive schemes in basketball are very complex, it's not just man on man you have things like trap, zone, full court press, etc.
>>
>>74799415
If you watch that you learn that it's his small size that allows him to zip by the much larger defenders so easily. Combine that with the fact he is a phenomenal player he ends up bein great.
>>
>hurr durr single player is so important

Each player is 20% of the team in basketball. Remove one person from the greatest doubles tennis team and it's suddenly the worst doubles tennis team.

>>74805724

>Football
There is minimal teamwork between offense, defense, and special teams. They each play separate games and the sum total of their efforts leads to a result.
>soccer and hockey
There is teamwork, but there is also separation of offense and defense. A goalie and a forward aren't interacting that much.
>rugby
idk I'm American
>baseball
Teamwork is limited to certain events like double plays and bunting.

When you watch good basketball, it's 5 guys constantly working together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsHi1icoVU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRZ5N_F6ZtI
>>
>>74805653
In the past 30 years, other than the 04 Pistons, has a single team won a title without at least one HOFer or a future HOFer on it?
>>
>>74806507

/thread
>>
>>74806652

>implying Big Ben isn't hall of fame bound

That nigga was a defensive wizard.
>>
>>74806652

You're sport is garbage and doesn't have a very high skill ceiling if nobody's can shit on your "hall of famers."
>>
File: 1488204811370.jpg (50KB, 570x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488204811370.jpg
50KB, 570x388px
>>74806507

Holy shit that defense is fucking beautiful...
>>
>>74806652

Chauncey Billups will probably make it in. Sheed is also questionable.
>>
>>74806652
No. I don't think a single team in nba history has one a title without a hall of fame player on it. Dennis Johnson on the 79 sonics is prolly the "worst" hall of famer.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-142451.png (352KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-142451.png
352KB, 1440x2560px
>>74806830
>>74806682
>>74806652
>>
>>74806934
Ben Wallace better get in. There's no way a four time scoring champ wouldnt be in the hall, so a four time defensive player of the year should be a shoe in.
>>
>>74806956
He will be lol.

He already got his jersey retired.
>>
>>74798384
pls post the version with sound
>>
BASKETBALL is the Greatest Team Sport EVER

because you can take an a good basketball team, instill great fundamentals and elevate the player basketball I.Q. and have a team like the Golden State Warriors and win a championship vs OOGA bOOGA dunkers and freakishly athletic fucks and take them out with excellend shooting and great plays

in short you can take out a team of extremely athletic freaks of nature and win with different skills
>>
>>74798197
It's the most enjoyable to watch anyway lol
Christ I fucking hate that guy.
>>
basket is the team sport that can be most affected by individuals though, so I disagree completely.
>>
>>74808306

Great argument.

Well, guess it's settled.
>>
>>74798197
Having one great player on an Eastern conference team is enough to reach the finals.
>>
>>74808306

Tom Brady is the quarterback to a team that has like 65 players

>they win all the time and go to a superbowl game that is by definition the hardest championship to get to
>one individual affects the game
>>
>>74798737
But Ramsey was the engine of that team and after he was injured they shit the bed. Even Joe Allen played his part. Team sport.
>>
>>74798197
Max kellerman is a little bitch
>>
>>74798733
Spud webb. Isaiah thomas. Air bud
>>
Max Kellerman is a cuck.
>>
>>74814508

Your mom.
>>
File: 1466626864389.jpg (66KB, 479x598px) Image search: [Google]
1466626864389.jpg
66KB, 479x598px
>>74805721
>Melo
>Made ECF
would cum buckets if true :(
>>
>>74806652
'15 dubs

screencap this
>>
>>74798273
this
and it needs no elaboration
it barely qualifies as "team"
>>
>>74805581
>>Curry has been carried by the system and his team since the inception of GSW
lol
stopped reading right there
>>
>a cuck enjoys a sport played by bulls
hmmmmm.....
>>
>>74807804
I love watching Lebron being in the finals for the past 5 years. Real great parity right there.
>>
>>74815715
Two different teams though.
>>
>>74798273
It's much more entertaining than baseball or hockey.
>>
>>74809380
Right, that's why Melo, Paul, and Rose have so many Finals appearances.
>>
>>74798197
Bukakke
>>
>>74799015
Cousins is hardly better than Enes Kanter
>>
>>74798461
Cavs defense was elite. His team was trash at offense but thats only half the game and his team helped him win a lot of games by playing great D
>>
>>74798197
>it's a Max is a cocksucker episode
>>
>>74798461
>literally could not happen in any other sport

Except Luis Suarez did it with Liverpool in 2013/14.
>>
>>74817123
>Enes Kanter

more like Penis Cancer LOLOOLOLOL
>>
>>74815507

It's kinda true.

Just look at how much of a liability he is on defense
>>
>>74798197
No Baseball is and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking pleb
>>
File: 694e17ee3e21f4e619b66ba4dd28d6e1.jpg (207KB, 882x1100px) Image search: [Google]
694e17ee3e21f4e619b66ba4dd28d6e1.jpg
207KB, 882x1100px
>>74815712

Ya look at this bull!
>>
File: carmenhayeshoodie5.jpg (47KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
carmenhayeshoodie5.jpg
47KB, 400x600px
Watch this video and then tell me basketball isn't a team game

https://youtu.be/s9Hb-hpkDYc
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.