[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NWHL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: daddysfundingtheleague.png (43KB, 723x475px) Image search: [Google]
daddysfundingtheleague.png
43KB, 723x475px
has anyone else come across the kek goldmine that is the NWHL? It's a women's hockey league that is paid for by anonymous backers (actually the player's fathers) and still had to cut their player's salaries in half, to a minimum of 5k per season. Seriously, reading the wikipedia entry is absolutely hilarious. The commissioner was also the gm of one of the teams for the first season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Women%27s_Hockey_League_(2015%E2%80%93)
>>
>>74785219
Yes I'm aware of it. They can't negotiate much for the 2nd season (currently underway) because a bunch have to take off for Olympics next year.

Unlike the WNBA or even MLS, which started off with like ~8 teams, the NWHL first and second season was only 4 teams. They play in smaller arenas and do okay.

If I had a team near me I'd go too, because (1) I love hockey, and (2) it's $5000 for seats against the glass.
>>
>>74786382
lol fag
>>
>>74786382
the level of hockey isn't very high, I watched one of their live streams and it seemed like a ton of give aways/sloppy plays, plus it literally isn't economically viable, leading to the player's fathers having to support the league financially. just looks like a flat out disaster
>>
>>74787274
by that definition, Canadian hockey as a whole is a disaster, because the Americans bought the NHL and moved all the teams to Arizon, Florida, Georgia, Texas and California.

Women's basketball was non-existence before Title IX. Over a generation, it's gotten better and better, and while all 64 tourney slots aren't exceptional talent, it's hovering in the 30s right now. In another ten years, that will be higher.

Same for the WNBA.

The NWSL is right on its tail.

The NWHL right behind that.
>>
>>74787766
>female delusions

If you love a sport, watching women play it makes you want to tear your hair out in frustration.
>>
>>74787791
The male/female aspect has nothing to do with it. I love the NFL, but watching college football does not make me want to tear my hair out. It's a different sport. It's approached and executed a different way.

Same with NBA vs WNBA. And so on.
>>
werent they trying to take womens hokkei out of the olympics because of the lack of competition?
>>
>>74787804
The skill and strategic gap between NFL and college football is nowhere near the astronomical gap between male and female.
>>
haha women playing sports and getting paid practically nothing amirite

I don't think they should be paid anything more than what demand dictates but kys /r9k/ cuck
>>
>>74787766
"Canadian hockey"

over 50% of the NHL are Canadian players

sure, they have moved teams to the states, but on the back of Canadian talent
>>
I live in Buffalo and most people don't support the Beauts at all even though they just won the championship
>>
>>74791341
>Buffalo

That's because everyone's indoors trying not to die of hypothermia.
>>
>>74788551
Oh, so even though the league is migrating out of Canada, it's still superior because of the nationality of the players.

WELL, the American women in the NWHL are the greatest hockey players in the world, so there goes that argument. Gold medals and all, have a nice day.
>>
>>74791423
The league is expanding not migrating you insecure tubbywubby
>>
>>74785219
this is just depressing to read, I can't even laugh at it because the details are so sad.

>Harrison Browne (born as Hailey Browne on May 5, 1993 in Oakville, Ontario) is a professional ice hockey centre currently playing for the Buffalo Beauts of the NWHL.

what the actual fuck
>>
>>74785219
hockey itself is a "kek goldmine" along with every other winter sport. How fucking pathetic do you have to be to have a """national sport""" that you pretend to enjoy for a lifetime only because your country is good at it, only on the account that it is literally the only country in the world where people give a shit about it? And once it became like the #5 team sport in the US you're already getting blown the fuck out by them despite the fact that 80% the country doesn't even have a climate appropriate for the sport. What a trash ass meme.
>>
>>74791431
Into AMERICA
>>
>>74791442
>a woman plays for the national women's hockey league

not too difficult to understand.
>>
>>74791423
>greatest hockey players in the world
>women
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.