[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Educate a Burger: Stamina for the English Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3320.jpg (74KB, 281x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3320.jpg
74KB, 281x373px
Educate this Burger on the meaning of the term, "Stamina for the English Game."
Every time I read this phrase, it's usually about transfer players or young up and comers who are soon to join the EPL.

Does it mean:

>The weather plays a major factors in the fitness of English players
>The EPL has the fastest players in the world and it's thought to keep up
>nothing it's just a meme
>a little bit of each of the three above

What does it mean Eurobros?
>>
In England a lot of players are hungry for glory meaning a lot of running to compete in the league.

On the continent, they give up after 88 minutes.

Think, work rate.
>>
>>74773686

Is that really it?

>play smarter
>run harder

??
>>
>>74773414
EPL teams play more games per season than any other league. They also have no winter break, unlike every other league.
>>
its simply the most physical league. lots of good athletes, lots of big strong players. lots of pacey players.

are their teams the best? thats up for debate because there are lots of good teams in the other top leagues. even teams from leagues that people don't really give a fuck about like the belgian or dutch leagues can give top english teams problems in one off games. but in general the english teams tend to be more intense.

doesn't mean what this guy is saying >>74773686 because plenty of other teams in europe fight hard as hell for their wins but i think the english teams having the money to attract so many athletically gifted players and the english league historically having a culture of grit and toughness plus fans and team managers/owners who also value that type of toughness and athleticism and looking for it in players, has given them the most physical league in europe
>>
>>74773414
vast majority of time people talk about fatigue in sports its mental, not physical. top level athletes recover the physical fatigue within a day or two. the mental fatigue is much worse, especially when your season is going to shit and nothing is working. add to that the fact that you have to live in a perma overcast shithole and that getting relegated(if youre at a shit team) or missing a CL spot(if your a top 4 team) is considered a fate worse than death, it takes a toll if youre mentally weak.
>>
>>74774149
Teams in Europe dive and have winter breaks and play slow so they can win world cups.

Barcelona would get destroyed in the premier league.
>>
File: IMG_3321.jpg (64KB, 530x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3321.jpg
64KB, 530x876px
>>74774240

I would think that the millions and millions of salary and fucking women like Lucy Pinder on a weekly basis would help with the mental fatigue...
>>
>>74774455
not really, in fact it probably makes it worse since you know deep down that they want nothing to do with you and are only interested in your money. its why a lot of football players take 6/10 wives.
>>
>>74774455
>her career would be over if she got pregnant.

Hmmm.
>>
>>74774594

Doesn't mean I would stop trying...

Shooters shoot
>>
English teams play like in school, with no tactic, they just run and run and run back and forth so their league is more phisically demanding but their teams end up being btfo by the european ones.
>>
>>74774068

They don't. True they have 2 domestic cup competitions, the sir mickey the mouse cup and the mr. teletubby cup. I've never understood for what purpose, I just assumed one of those english things like driving on the wrong side, using fingers and feets to measure distances, hats and stones to measure weight and etc. Now that I think about it, it's probably done so that teams the like of Arsenal can say 'w-we've won a trophy this season!'.

Anyway, overall they play the same number of games as everyone else, cause they compensate the extra games at the mr.teletubby cup with early exiting from the European competitions.
>>
>>74774417
lmao
>>
>>74775275
englel btfo by truth
>>
>>74775053
Spanish teams play like spics, they;re just slow and lazy
>>
>>74775053
dude a spanish team lost to a Leicester side coached by a fat kitman
>>
>>74773414
It's about climate, it's not half as enjoyable playing football in sub-zero temperatures or 5 degrees and rain half the season. So it's a question about whether you can deal with a miserable existence
>>
>>74775919
>three spanish teams
>only one english
>>
>>74776092
>15th placed team in England
>3rd placed team in Spain

Embarassing
>>
>>74773414
it means defenders in the english league arent good enough to make clean tackles so they just push you around like a rag doll, so if you are a twig like neymar you probably dont adapt because you will be in the hospital most of the time
>>
>>74775275

Average EPL club plays 2 more games per season than the average La Liga club

And more of those games are played competitively, not like Madrid steamrollering El Dago Midgets FC
>>
every team in EPL meme presses for 90 minutes so its tough to keep that up

the distance traveled per player per game is highest in epl
>>
>>74773414
means ability to deal with substandard coaching and turning up every three days to kick the ball with pampered manchildren
german game is faster and has less media bs
>>
One time a Bong posted a screenshot of soccer player deaths and it was all heart attacks
>>
Why is Serie A such total shit?

Is it the corruption or just old clubs run out of ideas?
>>
>>74776127
>former league winner
>>
>>74776188
>every team in EPL meme presses for 90 minutes so its tough to keep that up

top lel
You should have seen Germany 2-3 years ago, back when the Gegenpressing craze was at its peak. Teams in both Spain and Germany press with more intensity and intelligence than most English teams. In England it always becomes this direct box-to-box game, while in Germany it's a pressing orgy in midfield.
>>
>>74776188

>every team in EPL meme presses for 90 minutes so its tough to keep that up

Riiight, that's why your midfield is a big hole pierced by anyone and the games are a run to the box then run to the opposite box. And up and down run le headless chickens.

Because le top-tier english quality pressing choking the rival.... top fucking lel

This delusion...
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.