[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some managers who ruined their own legacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1458978327355.jpg (25KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1458978327355.jpg
25KB, 460x276px
What are some managers who ruined their own legacy?
>>
Mou
>>
>>74768984
go back to buzzfeed. 4chan is not the place to ""research"" clickbait ""articles""
>>
File: alex-ferguson-laughing-cropped.jpg (21KB, 639x322px) Image search: [Google]
alex-ferguson-laughing-cropped.jpg
21KB, 639x322px
>>74768984
not ferguson. he knew exactly when his tinker tailored scrap heap of a team will fall apart, and he retired. he knew that the PL victory will make the already ageing players complacent. i think that paranoid prick even feared that liverpool under brendan might win the title.
>>
>>74769306

What a load of assuming bullshit.
>>
>>74768984
picture not related
>>
Will never understand how people still think he's a great manager. He hasn't won anything relevant in over a decade and the teams he puts together are gutless.
>>
>>74768984
There's also some old Arsenal fans that think Graham ruined his own too.
>>
>>74769306
no. his wifes twin sister died so his wife got really depressed so he gave up his job and career 2 years earlier than planned so he could spend time with her and enjoy retirement together. good bloke.
>>
>>74769306
>manage top european team for 300000000 years
>only win 2 champions league
what a fucking disgrace
>>
>>74769732
Only Ancelotti has won more, Fergie at least got to four finals.
>>
>>74769886
fuck, Bayern's gonna win it aren't they.
>>
>>74769732
du er grim og tyk irl
>>
>>74769014
Gtfo
>>
>>74769612
3 times PL winner, only Mourinho and Ferguson have equalled that.
>>
>>74771184
In 21 years, that is woeful.
>>
>>74771238
Stadium debt plus Chelsea and Man City spending loads.
>>
>>74768984
I feel sorry for him. He just couldn't keep up with the oligarchs
>>
>>74769707
Wow what a guy.
>>
>>74771678
Think about it like this when he first took over.

Liverpool were the best team ever,. No. They were. Manchester United were on the rise, but so were money clubs like Blackburn and Leeds. With his expert scouting of goat French players, he won 98, 02 and 04 with a plan to invest in youth.

Ergo, the problem. English players didn't wanna play for him so he got a Spaniard, a Dutchie, a Russian, a Togolese and any scraps he could find. They weren't loyal, not even his French players.

Liverpool and United were still at the top from investment and Chelsea and City went into the mix. Arsene knew that CL was just enough to scrape by and defectors could be replaced. But I bet he was too short sighted to see that Tottenham managed to establish themselves as a top side with English youth. With Tottenham Chelsea and City as established top 3 in the country, he's literally competing with Liverpool and United for 4th.
>>
>>74771274
>narrative blown the fuck out by Leicester
>>
>>74769306
what is wrong with his nose?
>>
brian gunn
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.