[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The REAL MVP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: realmvp.jpg (206KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
realmvp.jpg
206KB, 1200x675px
There is no reason James Harden should win the MVP. His team is objectively better than the Thunder and they are the best three point shooting team in the league (look it up). The three pointer is the most influential shot in the game and it shouldn't even be allowed. oh you can shoot the ball beyond 25 feet? here's a score 50% more than the score of a regular basket. Westbrook is doing something that hasn't been done since the dinosaur age of basketball. He has the HIGHEST PER in the league. James Harden isn't even in the TOP 5 of PER. Have any of you even watched Harden play? It's more infuriating than watching Lebron play. When James harden isn't fouled driving to the basket he does his stupid fake-shot-then-dive-into-the defender-to-draw-a-foul BULLSHIT. It's not real basketball it's stupid meme tier pussy shit

If there is a legitimate argument for Harden to win MVP because I would love to hear it.
>>
he's such a generational player he led his team to 7th in the west
>>
>>74739772
The Thunder will be the 5th seed in the west by 5 PM Central tomorrow. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1489710216225.webm (3MB, 1092x614px) Image search: [Google]
1489710216225.webm
3MB, 1092x614px
MVP is basically a popularity contest
Westbrook is fun to watch and has the triple double gimmick
>>
>>74739722
>thinking either stat pad baby is gonna win the mvp

Hahahahahhhaaahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>74739822
that pass is better than anything memebeard has done all season.
>>74739824
i agree it should be kawhi if it isn't WestGOD
LeBron should never win the MVP everyone knows he's the MVP
>>
>>74739722
>James Harden SG / Houston
ON: +7.3 OFF: +3.7 ON VS. OFF: +3.6
>Russell Westbrook PG / Oklahoma City
ON: +3.7 OFF: -11.7 ON VS. OFF: +15.4

On the surface, this ends the conversation right there. Westbrook has a greater impact when on the floor than Harden does. But look at the raw numbers. Harden’s team is better than Westbrook’s when you look at when both are on the floor. You can argue that the Rockets are way better than the Thunder, and that’s fine. But you still have to figure out what’s more important -- making a bad team good, or making a good team great.
The argument for Harden is that his team is better when he’s on the floor than Westbrook’s team is when he’s on the floor. The argument for Westbrook is that without Westbrook, the Thunder are a disaster and he makes them “pretty good.”

>http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mvp-race-17-questions-to-help-settle-westbrook-harden-lebron-kawhi-debate/
>>
>>74739908
so there you go. Westbrook is the MVP and the numbers prove it just like I had argued
>>
>>74739928
>>74739908
>What makes a 15-10-10 performance that much better than a 20-9-9?
Or, in concrete terms this season, is the two extra rebounds that Westbrook hauls in compared to Harden enough to really separate him when Harden averages more assists? Westbrook averages more rebounds and points than Harden, but does so at a lower efficiency, and there’s a lot of talk about the high percentage of uncontested rebounds that Westbrook collects. Harden averages 29-8-11. Are those two rebounds enough to really overtake Westbrook, just because we like nice, round numbers?
>>
>>74739992
ok let's go over the numbers with the little baby here

okc makes 8.5 threes a game. houston makes 14.7 threes a game.

>b-but harden averages more assists!!!!!

yeah man your argument doesn't really hold up. why are you talking about efficiency when harden has the most turnovers in the league?
>>
>>74740011
Where in that wall of text I posted and cited did you see my opinion and not an answer to op's call for the Harden arguement?
>>
>>74740019
im a seething rage that harden might win the MVP and i cant into reading comprehension when im this way and I just lashed out. sorry
>>
Historically speaking the MVP award has never gone to a player on a team lower than the 3-seed.
>>
>>74740035
All good famalam, just don't ask to hear something you know deep down you really don't want to hear..
>>
>>74739722
What are you talking about bro?
>>
>>74740049
He's mad that Harden will win MVP
>>
>>74740038
then give it to kawhi. harden doesn't deserve the MVP and if you think so this should be allowed to happen to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scqitXx-bkE
>>
>>74740065
No he won't lol. LeBron is MVP
>>
OP here. No one has brought up a good enough argument for Harden to be MVP.
>>
>>74740191
Harden makes everyone around him better. Westbrook just makes himself better.
>>
>le westbrook teammates are shit meme

Would you trade Oladipo for Gordon? No.
Would you trade Kanter-Adams for Nene-Capela? No.
Is Dre Roberson an all-D caliber player? Yes.

The way the team functions is the reason they're shit. The system is basically "watch Russ do all the shit and hit your shots when he passes the ball to you", so as soon as Westbrook is off the court, the team has absolutely no system. Telling your players to do nothing so your superstar can shine makes them shit. So building the team around Westbrook has made his teammates worst than they were whereas building the team around Harden has made his teammates better than they actually are —see Ariza, Capela, Nene, Gordon, Lou…
>>
>>74743522
I would trade Andre Roberson for Ariza.
I would trade Sabonis for Ryan Anderson.
I would trade Semaj Christan/CamPayne for Gordon

They make the offense so explosive and provide so much spacing defense no longer matters.

The Rockets will go games where they don't care about defense at all and still win with 120 points.

Thus level of false equivalence and lack of understanding shows your argument fundamentally flawed and your opinion doesn't matter.

OKC's defense isn't so good that it's on the same level as GS and their offense on the other end isn't just enough to give them a marginal point differential. Westbrook needs to do everything for that team down the stretch and with all the injuries Adams, Oladipo, and Kanter have had this season it's made it even more of a burden for Westbrook to the point the stats literally show OKC without Westbrook this season have had the same offensive rating as a d league team.
>>
>>74739772
okc would be a lottery team without westbrook tho
>>
>>74743718
>lack of understanding
Says the guy that believes Cameron Payne is a player for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Please.
>>
>>74744035
He played for them this season you fucking retard.
>>
>>74744075
>I would trade CamPayne for Gordon
You would have to be the Bulls' GM to do this. Make sure you don't write nonsense before calling other people retards. And doing so won't erase the absurdity you've written. Go back to watching the top 10 and fapping over the Westbrook boxscores, fucking pleb.
>>
>>74743718
> stats literally show OKC without Westbrook this season have had the same offensive rating as a d league team.

Except you have to take those stats with a grain of salt because when 95% of the plays are decided by one player, it will always effect his teammates negatively. When you run up and down the court without even touching the ball possession after possession, you never get in rhythm and no one knows what they'll do once that player is off the court.

The narrative that if you take out Westbrook OKC would be a disaster is fucking bullshit. They aren't that bad, a team centered around Oladipo - Kanter - Adams is still a 30-ish win team
>>
>>74744314
That's where you're wrong because all those guys need space to be created for them to be effective and other than Oladipo no one can create. They're also a horrible slashing team, only Oladipo can slash and even then he's below average with the Magic doing so and relied on outside shooting more than going to the hole unless it was a favorable one on one matchup.

Strategically that team without Westbrook doesn't make sense unless they play slowed down, run the entire offense through Kanter and Oladipo 50/50, and even then Oladipo is a below average PG and that experiment in his first years were a failure and the Magic seriously hurt his development by making him work on that instead of his ability as a SG.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.